HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Should I apply to college?
Posted by: Bye bye Guy ()
Date: April 28, 2019 12:04PM

Is it really worth going to college? I’m a senior in hs and I want to start the workforce and not bs around at college. I’ve been told there are a handful of good jobs that don’t require a college degree. What are your thoughts on this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Should I apply to college?
Posted by: Shining path... ()
Date: April 28, 2019 12:15PM

Do what you love. If you don’t know what you love, even junior college should be a good place to find out.

Posted by: Been There8888&333 ()
Date: April 28, 2019 11:03PM

Prob not the best forum for this question, but I digress...

Enroll at NOVA for a couple of semesters, work hard, and see what happens. The more education you have the better off you will be.

Posted by: ProudDemocratic ()
Date: April 28, 2019 11:22PM

College is racist.

Posted by: You Dont Have A Chance ()
Date: April 28, 2019 11:27PM

If your a Democrat ,that's the simplest test of true intelligence, If you are just forget all of it, lay down and collect a welfare check just as long as you vote Democrat.

Have you ever worked in your life ? I don't think so and your probably not a person with any mechanical skills or the brains to make any real money in your own business as a HVAC contractor or electrician. NOVA is a joke a waste of money other then trades classes.

Get a job in a nightclub and some day you may own a strip club of your own that's where the morality of the USA is heading with Democrats. Remember to cheat on your taxes too for Democrat street creed. Face it boy your a dud but NOVA and a 2 year college with a jazz or African art degree or Liberal arts will get you a high as hell overpaying government job pushing a little paper doing the slow walk like the rest of the overpaid useless crowd sucking at the tits of the harder working American tax payers

Posted by: I Left The Best For Last Boy ()
Date: April 28, 2019 11:37PM

They are HARD WORK and DRIVE , DRIVE BOY ! The WANT TO grab the full piece of the American dream to the max

Sorry boy, you just need to lay down and collect that Democrat welfare check, Don't forget to vote for Beto or some other worthless Democrat to keep it coming

Just remind yourself you were supposed to be Americas Future, Not Americas failure! Its not all your fault, your liberal upbringing and Fairfax County Schools liberal now leftist leaning brainwashing , Political Correct Facebook "Friends", The liberal media and Hollywood, RUINED YOU FOR LIFE !

Posted by: Message to above ()
Date: April 29, 2019 07:37AM

Living in your mother's basement is a form of welfare.

Posted by: BEWARE the FOX-warchers ()
Date: April 29, 2019 07:44AM

There's not a more ignorant bunch around than those goobers! Hang around with any of them and you'll be mired in the swamp for life!

Posted by: Don't challege yourself ()
Date: April 29, 2019 10:16AM

If you are nearing the end of high school and don't yet know whether you should go on to post-secondary education, there is every chance that you are simply not suited to it anyway. You can always just quit now and spend the rest of your life as a disgruntled loser whining about how all these other people are making a better living than you are. Sounds great, right?

Posted by: rory ()
Date: April 29, 2019 11:48AM

You should look into a job in the skilled trades. (HVAC, Plumber, Electrician, etc.) If you can pass a drug test and show up on time, work hard and be willing to learn, You'll be making 6 figures with no student loans within 4-5 years.

Stay away from for-profit schools (like UTI, ITT etc) just go directly to the employers.

Posted by: college is for libtards ()
Date: April 29, 2019 11:57AM

Do what most of the trumptards i know did, say “fuck school” and get a dead end twelve dollar an hour job. then grow increasingly racist and bitch about how stuff isn’t fair for you.

Posted by: go to school ()
Date: April 29, 2019 12:05PM

Don't listen to the trade school guys, it's not as rosy as they make it out to be. Every illegal knows plumbing and electrical, every third illegal knows HVAC. There is so much competition in that field, not worth it. I worked for an HVAC company out of high school and in a very short period of time I was able to learn everything I need to know about residential hvac. I now install my own units, if you have half a brain and get an EPA license to work with freon it's really simple. Which is the problem, any dumb ass can do it.

Posted by: More free shit ()
Date: April 29, 2019 12:20PM

Yeah go ahead and apply and while you are at it get a student loan that you will never have to pay back. Take the money and live large. When it runs out,rinse and repeat. The Dems will take care of you because you are entitled.

Posted by: you’re confused ()
Date: April 29, 2019 12:30PM

More free shit Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> get a student loan that you will never have to pay
> back. Take the money and live large. When it runs
> out,rinse and repeat

I don’t think you understand. Banks don’t hand out loan checks to students, who then cash them and use the money for tuition. That loan money goes straight from the bank to the college.

i hope that helps

Date: April 29, 2019 02:52PM

you’re confused Wrote:
> More free shit Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >
> > get a student loan that you will never have to
> pay
> > back. Take the money and live large. When it
> runs
> > out,rinse and repeat
>
> I don’t think you understand. Banks don’t
> hand out loan checks to students, who then cash
> them and use the money for tuition. That loan
> money goes straight from the bank to the college.
>
> i hope that helps

Not if you do it right.

Posted by: LOL... ()
Date: April 29, 2019 03:11PM

^^^ This guy is clearly much too smart for banks.

Posted by: Way Easier To Climb Mt Everest ()
Date: April 29, 2019 06:02PM

>If you can pass a drug test and show up on time, work hard and be willing to learn

Then for young Democrat welfare leeches in training to do any of that

Date: April 29, 2019 11:49PM

LOL... Wrote:
> ^^^ This guy is clearly much too smart for banks.

Clearly smarter than you since I long ago figured it out. It ain't rocket surgery.

Posted by: College is a waste of money ()
Date: April 30, 2019 03:00AM

Unless you study STEM. Otherwise, learn a trade.

Date: April 30, 2019 08:17AM

More free shit Wrote:
> > LOL... Wrote:
> > ^^^ This guy is clearly much too smart for banks.

> Clearly smarter than you since I long ago figured
> it out. It ain't rocket surgery.

No, Dopey, you're just a totally fucked up loser. Even some people from Falls Church are smarter than you, Banks meanwhile laugh out loud at the nonsense you believe you can pull off. Then they have you arrested. Fool.

Posted by: It's simple, really... ()
Date: April 30, 2019 08:25AM

College is a waste of money Wrote:
> Unless you study STEM. Otherwise, learn a trade.

^^^ This is really bad advice. There are plenty of STEM grads who are broke and miserable failures in the real world, Do STEM if that's what turns you on. Otherwise head in a different direction. A good college will be able to put you on a path headed toward success in just about any field you want. Thus, it's important to work hard enough in high school to be able to get into a good college.

Posted by: contraire ()
Date: April 30, 2019 09:29AM

Make sure you do not wind up in one of these limp wristed professor schools that espouse hate for your country. Try to attend a good sensible school that actually teaches you a skill that you can use to earn a decent living. Curriculums like Gender Studies, Lefty History, Philosophy will generally ensure you are unemployed. Go for Science and Engineering or a good trade school where real men are a plenty. Don't get Tattoos, Piercings, or Color your hair lime green or purple like HOTMESS did. You will wind up sitting at the Starbucks all day discussing ANTIFA subjects.

Posted by: skooldaze ()
Date: April 30, 2019 10:34AM

I tell my peoples this:

Do whatever is best for you...party, travel the world for cheap (plz while you are still young and childless and able to climb the steps of macchu pichu or go help rebuild notre dame or help some kids in Africa DO!), go to NOVA while you figure it out, shoot straight for your college of choice... but whatever you do don't catch a criminal charge in this area of DC/MD/VA. Not even a DUI is safe.

With all the governmental types with their headquarters around, and even target doing background checks, one bad move can make you unemployable AND unable to rent a house.

I have a friend who I used to party with in college. He fucked up and got caught possessing...and welp he works at taco bell now, not even as management. Even his STEM degree from a top-tier school in VA won't save him there, even Target, Walmart, the gas station, working at a call center, in a warehouse, fucking outback steakhouse- background checks. Good luck even working at the airport. That is why you see mostly the immigrant Africans there. The African-americans can't pass the background checks due to overzealous policing. Living in a society. ;)

Date: April 30, 2019 11:41AM

LOL... Wrote:
> More free shit Wrote:
> -----
> > > LOL... Wrote:
> >
>
> > > ^^^ This guy is clearly much too smart for
> banks.
>
> > Clearly smarter than you since I long ago
> figured
> > it out. It ain't rocket surgery.
>
> No, Dopey, you're just a totally fucked up loser.
> Even some people from Falls Church are smarter
> than you, Banks meanwhile laugh out loud at the
> nonsense you believe you can pull off. Then they
> have you arrested. Fool.

Lol. Sounds like I triggered a snowflack demafag. Go back to Moms basement asshole and think about it for awhile. It aint hard to do. People have been shafting the gov hand outs for years. Maybe one day you will figure it out but I doubt it you seem like a total helmet wearing retard loser demafag. Even low IQ minorities and illegal leeches know how to game the system . You need to check your IQ. Maybe if you could get into school you could improve yourself. It's ok because your job at Don's Johns is important, someone has to clean up the shitter and I hear you are really good at it and you like it.

Posted by: Yeah OK ()
Date: April 30, 2019 04:59PM

College is a waste of money Wrote:
> Unless you study STEM. Otherwise, learn a trade.

Tell that to about 90% of Wall Street.

Posted by: FINRA certified guy ()
Date: April 30, 2019 05:13PM

Yeah OK Wrote:
> College is a waste of money Wrote:
> -----
> > Unless you study STEM. Otherwise, learn a
> trade.
>
>
> Tell that to about 90% of Wall Street.

To be fair most business degrees are completely worthless.

Posted by: Hmmm... ()
Date: April 30, 2019 05:34PM

STEM tells us that if that were true, there would be no demand for business degrees.

Posted by: Thought the same thing ()
Date: April 30, 2019 05:57PM

Bye bye Guy Wrote:
> Is it really worth going to college? I’m a
> senior in hs and I want to start the workforce and
> not bs around at college. I’ve been told there
> are a handful of good jobs that don’t require a
> college degree. What are your thoughts on this?

When I was in high school I thought the same thing. I only applied to one school Va Tech. I got accepted and went so as not to incur the wrath of my parents. Majored in Biology - switched to Computer Science 2nd year - joined the Co-op program. Graduated with no debt - got I job before I graduated.

Thank God I went.

Posted by: Learnit ()
Date: April 30, 2019 10:53PM

These days you will be lost without a good education. A four year degree will no longer be enough to get a decent job. Unless you have a good idea and can capitalize on it. Like start your own business. You may want to consider a masters degree in something in demand,like IT.

Posted by: Educate yourself ()
Date: April 30, 2019 11:04PM

With a degree I calculated that I have made more than 3x what I could have msde otherwise over the course of my working career and I have created a comfortable retirement. An education will only increase your opportunities. Be smart about look to see what is in demand and see if it matches up with what you like to do.

Posted by: Slave to love ()
Date: May 01, 2019 10:42AM

There is money enough at the top of every field. Do what you love so that your work will be a joy in your life instead on an ever more discouraging burden.

Posted by: bidness ()
Date: May 01, 2019 10:57AM

FINRA certified guy Wrote:
> Yeah OK Wrote:
> -----
> > College is a waste of money Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Unless you study STEM. Otherwise, learn a
> > trade.
> >
> >
> > Tell that to about 90% of Wall Street.
>
> To be fair most business degrees are completely
> worthless.

Depends what you mean by “worthless”. I majored in business, got hired right out of college because of my degree, and I earn more than the median salary for this area. I’m not rich but I guarantee I’m much better off than my HS classmates who skipped college.

Posted by: Sgt Bilko ()
Date: May 01, 2019 01:27PM

A better choice is military service. Continuous learning, world travel, free room & board, decent pay, no college loan.

Posted by: Braddie ()
Date: May 01, 2019 03:22PM

Sgt Bilko Wrote:
> A better choice is military service. Continuous
> learning, world travel, free room & board, decent
> pay, no college loan.

Are you a sergeant? How much do you make? $20/hr? I really wouldn't call that a decent pay. World travel sounds exciting at first. It gets old really soon though. It becomes a real trouble when you start a family. Continuous learning? Well, you don't need to serve in military for continuous learning. Anyways, this is only my personal thought. By the way, thank you for your service if you are in military.

Posted by: Braddie ()
Date: May 01, 2019 03:22PM

Sgt Bilko Wrote:
> A better choice is military service. Continuous
> learning, world travel, free room & board, decent
> pay, no college loan.

Are you a sergeant? How much do you make? $20/hr? I really wouldn't call that a decent pay. World travel sounds exciting at first. It gets old really soon though. It becomes a real trouble when you start a family. Continuous learning? Well, you don't need to serve in military for continuous learning. Anyways, this is only my personal thought. By the way, thank you for your service if you are in military.

Posted by: Sgt Bilko ()
Date: May 02, 2019 07:20PM

Yes, I am a Sergeant. $20/hr = $125K/yr or more in total compensation. Free health care, housing, meals, clothing, physical training, job training, general education, & personal growth, plus 20-yr retirement & federally guaranteed pension. Hard to beat this opportunity.

Posted by: Leftist.Gorilla ()
Date: May 02, 2019 07:23PM

Bye bye Guy Wrote:
> Is it really worth going to college?

No.

Posted by: Hiring Manager ()
Date: May 02, 2019 07:32PM

We pay more for mbas and phds. If you get a ba, you are nothing special. I'd hire you to take calls in a 24 hour phone center. We reimburse you if you take classes.

Posted by: Dr. Goldblatt-shekelstein ()
Date: May 07, 2019 08:47PM

Oy vey goy, get yourself into debt for a worthless degree right away! I promise you'll end up with plenty of shekels eventually.

Posted by: DIY wealth ()
Date: May 07, 2019 08:59PM

Everyone I know who's actually wealthy, and I mean really wealthy, not some two-income no-kids Feds around here who think that they're rich, either didn't go to college or did something entirely unrelated to their degree to make their money. A few took over their family businesses and grew and sold them. A couple of others started their own businesses. A couple of others got lucky and went to work for companies that went public and cashed out.

Posted by: Mature adult ()
Date: May 07, 2019 09:23PM

I'm doing very well financially, much better than a tradesman, but I also have a pretty high stress career. I do like my career despite the stress.

I have a BA in business from a mid to lower tier state university. The degree was worthless in the sense that I could have learned my field and done it well without a degree. It was valuable in having it though, as it would have been hard to get into what I do without a Bachelor's degree. Silly, but that's the way it is.

Posted by: Eat acid ()
Date: May 07, 2019 10:33PM

Take a trip.
Not a plane trip, an LSD trip.
All your questions will become more clear.
You will have the confidence to choose your own path.
I was a chemistry major entering a tier 1 school.
I wanted to do orthodontics.
Barely graduated with an art history degree.
Met a great girl at Ffx co traffic court that “turned me on” to LSD.
Backpacked thru South America.
Enlisted in the army.
Got married.
Had 4 beautiful kids.
Now, I run a large aquaponics farm and just received my third patent.
Open your mind, always keep learning, and eat acid!

Posted by: Joe rogan ()
Date: May 07, 2019 10:36PM

DMT will give you the answers

Posted by: Failtard report... ()
Date: May 10, 2019 10:11AM

College is an opportunity. If you fail to take advantage of it and just party your time away while drinking yourself silly and doing all the latest drugs, that's pretty much on you.

Posted by: J9CUM ()
Date: May 13, 2019 09:56AM

J9CUM

Posted by: 3refgefwe ()
Date: May 13, 2019 10:09AM

gerrymanderer2 (OP) posts several lies on ffu daily - many\.10think he's a fx co gov worker who is getting paid to do it for false DNC democrat "advertising". he floods ffu with useless posts to bump down major news, posts fecal matter, mutilated bodies, child porn, foreign drug ads and sneaker ads, tells people to kill themselves and government should seize them and put them on psych pills in prison - decided by democrat gov of course, promotes kangaroo courthouse trials, gives anti-religious rants, gives satanic ritual rants, posts black males with large dicks on white young females, portends white low birth rate and fall of USA, food tampering/poisoning, and anything possible to DEMORALIZE white people on ffu. (perhaps a chinese prisoner or isis member - but definitely knowledgeable of fx co gov from the inside at times). the website operator has told him "not to post or return" which are still posted - not removed, by the sysop: not because of a political leaning but for continual illegal and gross spam along with messages that are only to demoralize if not kill others. he/she plays at financial terrorism as well: continuall reporting false financial data, and fake emergency please from (fake members of the community he makes up)

this article is the 1,000th time g2 has reposted this fake question and prattled about it using fake login names to cover that the original poster never really wanted an answer

Posted by: Beat down ()
Date: May 13, 2019 11:35AM

Big Font Guy is a total ass.

Posted by: Admissions Office ()
Date: May 13, 2019 12:17PM

Go ahead and apply. We have lots of rejection letters all set to go out to slugs like you FFXU clowns, but we do appreciate all your application fees.

Posted by: George Huguely V ()
Date: May 13, 2019 12:39PM

Going to UVA changed my life!

Date: June 06, 2019 10:02AM

Right. People much smarter than you never suspect what you are up to. Hahaha!

Posted by: MOLRAN ()
Date: June 07, 2019 02:01AM

> Yeah OK Wrote:
> -----
> > College is a waste of money Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Unless you study STEM. Otherwise, learn a
> > trade.
> >
> >
> > Tell that to about 90% of Wall Street.
>
> To be fair most business degrees are completely
> worthless.

Any way you will need to make your own decision.

Posted by: LA31 ()
Date: June 07, 2019 02:02AM

Eat acid Wrote:
> Take a trip.
> Not a plane trip, an LSD trip.
> All your questions will become more clear.
> You will have the confidence to choose your own
> path.
> I was a chemistry major entering a tier 1 school.
> I wanted to do orthodontics.
> Barely graduated with an art history degree.
> Met a great girl at Ffx co traffic court that
> “turned me on” to LSD.
> Backpacked thru South America.
> Enlisted in the army.
> Got married.
> Had 4 beautiful kids.
> Now, I run a large aquaponics farm and just
> received my third patent.
> Open your mind, always keep learning, and eat
> acid!

And eat acid? Why? :)

Posted by: KennzoTW ()
Date: June 07, 2019 02:05AM

Well, it can be pretty hard, during examination, to make some kind of official papers or writings and essay, to improvise in it by making up every single thing, to describe it and do it grammatically right, that's why when my brother had to do that for his college, he just needed to find awesome essay writer, that completed all the necessary writing work for him.

Posted by: Black Caulk ()
Date: June 07, 2019 02:38AM

> I worked for an HVAC company
> out of high school and in a very short period of
> time I was able to learn everything, it's really simple.
> Which is the problem, any dumb ass can do it.

Case in point. You just proved you’re a dumbass. You suck black cock by choice.

Posted by: Fhfudndjcjf ()
Date: June 07, 2019 04:56AM

Go to college in Europe.

Posted by: Fail, fail, fail ()
Date: June 07, 2019 07:19AM

KennzoTW Wrote:
> Well, it can be pretty hard, during examination,
> to make some kind of official papers or writings
> and essay, to improvise in it by making up every
> single thing, to describe it and do it
> grammatically right, that's why when my brother
> had to do that for his college, he just needed to
> find awesome essay
> writer
, that completed all the necessary
> writing work for him.

Dude, you are being laughed at already by the low-lifes of FFXU. Actually smart people will see your stupid sticking out like a sore thumb.

Posted by: hmmm... ()
Date: June 07, 2019 07:23AM

Fhfudndjcjf Wrote:
> Go to college in Europe.

If it isn't in England, learn the language first. You'll need a whole lot mote than 'Ou est la bibliotheque?' to get by.

Posted by: GeorgeReed ()
Date: June 10, 2019 03:15AM

Did you write a resume? Don't forget about additional information on your resume. There you need to describe your strengths, professional knowledge and skills that will directly help you better carry out the tasks set before you in a new place of work. Don't forget to add computer skills and special programs. This is true for office workers and employees whose direct work is related to PC. For example, accountants, programmers, office managers, etc. I'm looking for entry level administrative assistant cover letter tips right now. It's now or never to get this job. My future work involves reading, translation or communication in a foreign language. I will write about it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2019 03:16AM by GeorgeReed.

Posted by: Jeorge H Waters ()
Date: June 20, 2019 07:58AM

I think college is necessary if you can afford it. The most complicated part of getting an education is writings but https://rapidessay.com/order-essay.html can help with it. So, now I can't see any reasons why you shouldn't enter college.

Posted by: Dont go if you cant do it anyway ()
Date: June 20, 2019 08:41AM

The purpose of college essay and other original writing assignments is to teach you how to do research and then write coherently about things so that you won't end up looking like an unschooled dummy at work and at places such as FFXU. Plainly, many here have not had such an education.

Posted by: Work at it... ()
Date: June 20, 2019 04:45PM

People who don’t apply themselves in school only shortchange themselves for later on.

Posted by: current college kid ()
Date: June 20, 2019 11:45PM

depends on what you want to do.

Posted by: The FU Observer ()
Date: June 23, 2019 09:15AM

You Dont Have A Chance Wrote:
> If your a Democrat ,that's the simplest test of
> true intelligence, If you are just forget all of
> it, lay down and collect a welfare check just as
> long as you vote Democrat.
>
> Have you ever worked in your life ? I don't think
> so and your probably not a person with any
> mechanical skills or the brains to make any real
> money in your own business as a HVAC contractor or
> electrician. NOVA is a joke a waste of money other
> then trades classes.
>
> Get a job in a nightclub and some day you may own
> a strip club of your own that's where the morality
> of the USA is heading with Democrats. Remember to
> cheat on your taxes too for Democrat street creed.
> Face it boy your a dud but NOVA and a 2 year
> college with a jazz or African art degree or
> Liberal arts will get you a high as hell
> overpaying government job pushing a little paper
> doing the slow walk like the rest of the overpaid
> useless crowd sucking at the tits of the harder
> working American tax payers

This poster's narrative makes it clear. Seek higher education or your writing will be as poor and unintelligent as this hamfisted slob's effort at communication.

Date: June 23, 2019 09:26AM

It's funny how people who do nothing of any real value at all automatically think of themselves as hard-working American taxpayers, while the people who do all the actual work and pay all the actual taxes don't tend to see themselves that way at all.

Posted by: Soplo ()
Date: July 05, 2019 03:14AM

College is what you need to come through I think. Sad that today's education system is a mess and that students have to save money to use https://assignmentman.co.uk/ because they are tired of useless assignments. But anyway, you get a lot of valuable knowledge and that's why college is important.

Posted by: sandraking ()
Date: January 30, 2023 01:02PM

Wonder how many how many chapters in a dissertation might be included? Each dissertation should consist of such chapters as the introduction, the literature review, the methodology, the discussion, the results, and the conclusion. In almost all dissertations, the literature review is one of the longest chapters. But according to statistics, all students consider that the dissertation results chapter is the most difficult one compared to others https://topdissertations.com/results/

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.