HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
McMissle
Posted by: WestOx ()
Date: February 19, 2007 12:14PM

hmm two years seems a bit harsh since noone got hurt and there were no injuries

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/02/17/AR2007021701560_2.html

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: McMissle
Posted by: pgens ()
Date: February 19, 2007 12:36PM

I agree... that is a totally unreasonable sentence but it is the minimum. My hope is that the judge will reduce it to time served on Wednesday and commute the rest to probation. She obviously has learned her lesson and her kids, with the father in Iraq, should not be made to live as orphans for two years.

But she clearly needs some anger management classes. She went out of her way into a service lane in stopped traffic to do what she did.

"Hall, a mother of three young children whose husband is serving his third tour in Iraq, has spent more than a month in jail.

The jury sentenced her to two years in prison, the minimum, and a judge will formally impose a sentence Wednesday. Under state law, the judge can only decrease the jury's sentence."

Posted by: Fairfax MF---er ()
Date: February 19, 2007 02:56PM

This is a ridiculous sentence. What the woman did was wrong, but so is this stupid sentence.

Posted by: duh ()
Date: February 19, 2007 04:45PM

Heck, even the recipients of the McMissile said the sentence was too harsh....

Posted by: Lurker ()
Date: February 19, 2007 05:09PM

She's lucky nobody got killed. What type of moron throws something at a person driving a car. Even little kids know better than that.

Posted by: Fairfax MF---er ()
Date: February 19, 2007 06:02PM

Lurker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> She's lucky nobody got killed. What type of moron
> throws something at a person driving a car. Even
> little kids know better than that.

I don't know what world you live in. Kids throw shit at moving cars all of the time.

Posted by: asdf ()
Date: February 19, 2007 06:24PM

anybody mind reposting the whole article

Posted by: Rowsdower ()
Date: February 19, 2007 08:19PM

WestOx wrote:

>>hmm two years seems a bit harsh since noone got hurt and there were no injuries

>>http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/02/17/AR2007021701560_2.html Adroit

edit by Cary: fix HTML issue

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2007 04:04PM by Cary.

Date: February 19, 2007 08:21PM

Lurker Wrote:
> She's lucky nobody got killed. What type of moron
> throws something at a person driving a car. Even
> little kids know better than that.

Right, but in this case from my read neither car was really moving. They were in stopped traffic waiting for an accident to clear. She drove up alongside of the targeted car and threw it. I'm not defending her action, just clarifying what supposedly happened.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2007 08:22PM by pgens.

Posted by: Rowsdower ()
Date: February 19, 2007 08:27PM

Hmmm... Someone really needs to school me on how to add a link. I screwed up the forum. Sorry to all.

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: February 19, 2007 08:42PM

Ya no somthings rong wen ya gots ta proshecushun sayin dat da sentance is to long.

Posted by: The Congressman ()
Date: February 19, 2007 10:13PM

You don't need any tags, just post the (http://)website without the () and it'll convert itself.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2007 10:17PM by The Congressman.

Posted by: The Congressman ()
Date: February 19, 2007 10:18PM

Nevermind,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2007 10:18PM by The Congressman.

Posted by: kevin james ()
Date: February 19, 2007 10:30PM

Fuck that welfare bitch ! She could have killed someone.Just because she is black don't mean we gotta support her.That nigger needs to serve the whole 2 years to grow the fuck up.Bitches do this shit all the time and just because they got kids we sopposed to cry.Fuck that.A brother would go to jail so should the bitch.

Date: February 20, 2007 09:03AM

I said "throws something at a person driving a car." Not at a car. In this case a cup of ice water including the ice.

My read was different. The white male first cut her off in a backup, but the cars were traveling on the highway after getting moving from a slow backup caused by an accident. She sped up onto the shoulder to throw a large ice water cup at the driver, barely missed the driver, the cup hit the dashboard and splashed onto his girlfriend in the passenger seat.

Posted by: pmn ()
Date: February 21, 2007 12:08PM

The 25-year-old woman convicted of throwing a cup of ice into a car that cut her off on Interstate 95 in Virginia has been sentenced to probation.

Jessica Hall of Jacksonville, North Carolina has been in jail for more than a month since her bond was revoked by a Stafford County judge.

http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/0207/399237.html

Posted by: ferfux ()
Date: February 21, 2007 01:06PM

a more fitting punishment would have been 100 hours stuck in rush hour traffic in the summer with the windows rolled up and no ac. Oh and a non house trained puppy in the back seat

Date: February 21, 2007 03:06PM

http://www.nbc4.com/news/11047742/detail.html?dl=mainclick

McMissile Culprit's Stay In Jail Extended

Mississippi Has Warrant For Cup-Throwing Woman
STAFFORD, Va. -- A woman set for release after her conviction for throwing a cup of ice into another car in Stafford County will have to stay in jail until an outstanding warrant in Mississippi is cleared, News4's Chris Gordon reported.
Authorities learned about the outstanding warrant on charges of writing bad checks on Wednesday after a judge told 25-year-old Jessica Hall that the two months she has been in jail is enough. The judge told her she would be on probation and not have to serve a recommended two-year sentence, said Gordon, who was in the courtroom.

Date: February 21, 2007 03:59PM

Hmm, all of the sydden I don't feel so bad for her. This isn't an isolated incident caused by someone previously a saint, it appears.

Date: February 21, 2007 04:08PM

Sounds like Mississippi may have to get in line.

I believe Colorado also has warrants out for this lady. Seems like everybody wants to arrest her. It would be interesting to see her full record.

Want to take bets on if she has an ice cup throwing past?

Date: February 21, 2007 07:18PM

Hall's family told Gordon that Hall's purse was stolen from her car when she was visiting a friend in Mississippi. They said someone else wrote the bad checks.

The family is trying to get together $800 to send to Mississippi in hope of clearing that warrant and getting Hall released.

ID theft. read the whole damn article.

Date: February 21, 2007 08:13PM

I don't recall the article saying that just because a family of a perp says they didn't do it means they really didn't do it. Reading the damn article, I don't see any mention of her filing a police report over the theft, which would likely have prevented the warrant for her arrest. Had there been a police report on file and they still filed the warrant because of procedural negligence, it seems other documentation would clear the warrant and not require $800. So you read the damn article and don't ask any questions, and from your posts it seems you will be happy going through life that way taking your articles at face value. The rest will read it and apply reasoned analysis.

Date: February 21, 2007 08:25PM

You are assuming she did cash bad checks. Just cuz the state of Miss. said she did that means she DID it? That is an example of YOU not thinking critically. If its not specifically stated then it cannot be assumed to be true so go take your "I don't see any mention of her filing a police report over the theft, which would likely have prevented the warrant for her arrest. Had there been a police report on file and they still filed the warrant because of procedural negligence, it seems other documentation would clear the warrant and not require $800". Your assumption leads to another assumption which leads you to be a stuffed shirt ass. Your expert knowledge leads me to believe you are either a member of law enforcement or guilty and convicted of passing bad checks yourself. True? your logic would lead me to beleive so.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2007 08:55PM by ferfux.

Posted by: kevin james ()
Date: February 21, 2007 11:28PM

Of course she wrot bad checks ! She is a nigger,that is what niggers do!

Date: February 22, 2007 08:41AM

ferfux Wrote:
> Hall's family told Gordon that Hall's purse was
> stolen from her car when she was visiting a friend
> in Mississippi. They said someone else wrote the
> bad checks.
>
> ID theft. read the whole damn article.

The ol' "that was stolen" excuse. Almost as good as "that's not mine." CourtTV said she also has warrants out of Colorado for bad checks. I imagine somebody stole her purse there too.

Sounds to me like she encourages bad luck to happen to her!

Date: February 22, 2007 08:57AM

ferfux, the family is paying up the money Mississippi says is owed and not putting up the slightest fight. Why do you think that is? They are basically pleading "no contest" to the charge. Would YOU put up a fight if your checkbook (when you are old enough to get one) was stolen and someone writes bad checks? Or would you say "I didn't do it, but here's all the money you say I owe." These people aren't, probably because there is no defense and she is guilty. I am sorry if my point further exposed you as someone who isn't too bright or wise, but at the same time I don't think anyone needed further convincing.

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: February 22, 2007 09:30AM

wow can we not make this thread left-justify again?

Date: February 22, 2007 12:18PM

ok then why is it out of the realm of possibility that the perps who stole her checks wrote bad checks of hers in Miss and Colorado and it WASNT her again? huh smart guy? The family wants to get their own out of jail. Plain and simple and have the nightmere end. I doubt if you were in my family I would pay to get you out of jail. As for pointing out intelligence levels you are too narrow minded to be thoughtful or analytical. Grow up and stop trying to put others down on a message board.

Date: February 22, 2007 08:13PM

This sainted mother had her first child at the age of 17. She claims to have a husband. She receives food stamps for her children either because she cannot or will not help support them, but seems to do an awful lot of traveling for one with no money. Do I think she wrote bad checks? Yup!

Posted by: Ah Ha ()
Date: February 22, 2007 08:39PM

Sounds like pgens hit it right. Who pays up for bad checks you never wrote. You cant even get people to pay up for the bad checks they did write.

I think maybe there are states who take bad checks seriously and some who dont. Sounds like she picked the wrong one to write it in.

Posted by: taking bets ()
Date: February 22, 2007 08:45PM

Five years probation. How long until she violates that? My money says less than two years. A hot temper and lack of financial control will be her undoing.

Date: February 22, 2007 08:46PM

ferfux Wrote:
> ok then why is it out of the realm of possibility
> that the perps who stole her checks wrote bad
> checks of hers in Miss and Colorado and it WASNT
> her again?

Not at all, but I go back to the police report... had one been filed, as a reasonable person would do in a legit situation, no warrant.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: February 22, 2007 08:51PM

states who take bad checks seriously and some who dont. Sounds like she picked the wrong one to write it in

Hell, even Johnny Cash sang about "Don't go writing hot checks down in Mississippi" in the song Ain't No Good Chain Gang. I guess she wasn't a big fan.

Date: February 22, 2007 09:41PM

pgens Wrote:
> ferfux Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > ok then why is it out of the realm of
> possibility
> > that the perps who stole her checks wrote bad
> > checks of hers in Miss and Colorado and it
> WASNT
> > her again?
>
> Not at all, but I go back to the police report...
> had one been filed, as a reasonable person would
> do in a legit situation, no warrant.

Or she does know who wrote the bad checks but seeing as how they are members of the family doesnt want to get them into trouble and thats why the family is getting the money together. You can draw all kinds of conclusions from the situation not just the one. The only person who knows for sure is Ms Mcmissle.
And Pmn who says its illegal or immoral to have kids at a young age?

Date: February 22, 2007 10:13PM

No one is going to convince you otherwise I guess. And though giving someone the benefit of the doubt is noble, "where there is smoke there is fire" usually applies. This isn't a comment on her race or her kids or anything like that... it's just that when someone has so much odd activity surrounding them it really turns out that these allegations are true more often than false. I and others here think that it would be easier for the family to produce the police report she would have filed had she been innocent of this than coughing up $800 to spring her. Both actions make the problem go away, but one is the action of people thinking she is innocent and the other (the chosen route) is the action of those who want to make the problem go away because of the suspicion of guilt.

Date: February 23, 2007 06:08AM

ferfux, it's her very long list of behaviors.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/02/22/AR2007022201089.html

"Hall said her wallet with her driver's license and checks had been stolen in nearby Memphis, and a police report confirmed her story, jail officials said. Still, she was not allowed to leave that night and faced extradition to Mississippi unless the family paid the fine."

According to the WP this morning, she did file a police report. That means nothing to me. Anyone can write checks and then claim their checkbook was stolen. I would not pay for bad checks I did not write.

Date: February 23, 2007 12:53PM

Thanks for the link... so there was a police report and they charged her anyway. They must have had some damning evidence, such as video footage at the Wal-Mart of her writing the checks, or perhaps a handwriting sample like the signature on the report.

I also offer this link to a similar story from Detroit... this one was with a gun though. Luckily McMissile lady only had a cup of ice on her at the time.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/11084710/detail.html

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2007 12:54PM by pgens.

Date: February 24, 2007 07:15AM

It has been said, don't know if it's true, that Walmart had photos of her cashing the checks.

And that was my feeling - she only threw the cup of ice because that's what she had available.

Headd is exactly where she belongs, in jail.

Posted by: vthokies ()
Date: February 27, 2007 10:05AM

Looks like another case of this in Chantilly

Officers made an arrest for a road rage incident. On Saturday afternoon February 24, 29-years-old Allan Tat Le, of 42685 Rolling Rock Square, South Riding, was driving in the14700 block of Lee Jackson Memorial Highway. Le started arguing with another driver, a 41-year-old man from Aldie. Le followed the driver to the intersection of Lee Jackson Memorial Highway and Stonecroft Boulevard where he pulled along side. The passenger window of that car was open, and Le threw a coffee cup at the passenger, a 32-year-old Aldie woman. The two men got into a physical confrontation. Le got back in his car and drove away. The victims called the police and followed Le until officers arrived. No one was injured.

Le was charged with one count of unlawfully throwing a missile at an occupied vehicle, a felony. He was taken to the Fairfax County Adult Detention Center.

Date: February 27, 2007 11:05AM

Virginia needs billboards along roads that say "If you decide to throw, you'll sit on the row". Or "If you throw that cup, Bubba'll ask you wat up". Or "throwing that glass could mean meat in your ass".

Posted by: L2 ()
Date: May 17, 2007 10:02PM

Yeah!

Posted by: her ex ()
Date: July 02, 2007 02:49PM

her purse was stolen out of nearby memphis. thats why the police report and charges didnt add up. different state.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.