HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
safe?
Posted by: antigang ()
Date: February 18, 2007 08:52PM

hey all. new to the area and i'm looking for a 2 bedroom condo in fairfax county.
i here a lot bout the gang problem and "wanna be"(rich kids tryin to be gang bangers) issues in this county. i guess my question is...where is a good location i can buy a condo and at the same time avoid the above issues?
thanks...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: safe?
Posted by: u ()
Date: February 18, 2007 08:56PM

tysons

Posted by: myspaceaddict ()
Date: February 18, 2007 09:06PM

call the non emergency number 703-691-2131.... tell them u want the # for the neighborhood crime statistics, they'll give it to you and you can request up to three areas at a time.

Posted by: Safe Bet ()
Date: February 18, 2007 09:12PM

come buy a house in the ponds of clifton, clifton's only condo community. No gangs here (our neighborhood has a lot of xvarious law enforcement people living in it), and good deals on 2 br's.

Posted by: haha funny ()
Date: February 18, 2007 09:15PM

Yea, they do have two cops that live in the Ponds. So does Little Rocky Run, but that hasnt prevented the crimes such as rape, dead babies found in the woods, etc.

If you want to avoid crime, move the country.

Posted by: Safe Bet ()
Date: February 18, 2007 09:23PM

rape? dead babies? You're full of shit but nice try. Don't listen to that moron.

And more than "two cops" live here... you really are just talking out your ass. Secret Service, Sheriff's deputies, and police from two other departments also live here. You obviously don't live here, jerk off.

And by the way, most places in fairfax are perfectly safe. MS-13 doesn't really cause as much trouble as these weak, paranoid fucks like haha funny like to sit home and pretend is happening. They want to play up every little crime, because they hate the latino immigrants in the community, and they want to do any little thing to drive them out, so they focus on the crimes of MS-13 as a broader stereotype for the behavior of latinos in general.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: February 18, 2007 09:57PM

It's one of the wealthiest counties in the entire country, with a violent crime rate lower than most jurisdictions of it's size. There aren't alot of locations that would even qualify as being "crime-ridden neighborhoods" compared to other places in the US, if there are any at all. There is almost no visible sign of poverty/urban decay anywhere around here, unlike almost all east coast cities.

There aren't any towns you should avoid in your hunt for a condo. Worry more about money and commute time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2007 09:58PM by TheMeeper.

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: February 18, 2007 10:08PM

Themeeper speaks the truth.

Also, whenever I hear about MS-13 violence, it always seems to be ms-13 on ms-13 or ms-13 vs some other gang. I could care less if a bunch of banger-boys kill each other. It shouldn't even be counted in the regular crime stats.

Posted by: check around ()
Date: February 18, 2007 10:25PM

Just because there is low crime is guarantee of safety. Look at Columbine. Before that happened no one heard of it.

If you want to stay in Fairfax avoid Route One area, it has always been a tough sell. I hear centreville can be a dump in places.

There is a place in Burke called Burke Cove condos. It is pretty well run. I hear they have a rep for kicking out problems when they first start and they watch occupancy numbers and tow away crap cars.

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: February 18, 2007 10:29PM

I hear a lot more of the MS 13 is is Lorton, Occoquan, Woobdbridge, Dale City, Potomac Mills and somewhat up the PW parkway.

The real problem here is not gang violence but rather wannabe gangs. Rich white kids driving BMWs blasting rap by Centre Ridge ES is the problem. The whole area by Cville Multiplex, the library, and Centre Ridge is the palce to avoid b/c they have a lot of hispanics and black people who get into fights and get arrested all the time, go to JDC for a weekend and go "im straight and tight cuz i hit up JDC yo!" and get into more fights that involve the whole neighborhood and get the helicopter up.

Edit: Now I realize that I have jsut set myself up for a great photo opportunity by the Meeper. Let see it, meep.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2007 10:30PM by KeepOnTruckin.

Date: February 18, 2007 10:43PM

Rich white kids driving BMWs blasting rap by Centre Ridge ES is the problem.

This comment perfectly illustrates the theme of this thread.

I srsly can't think of a better response, lol.

Posted by: park1 ()
Date: February 18, 2007 10:44PM

yes i agree, the rich white kids are more of a problem.
please what ever you do, don't look at them the wrong way. they just might have to show their manhood

Date: February 18, 2007 11:11PM

park1
Attachments:
K-O-T.jpg

Posted by: Enough already ()
Date: September 09, 2020 06:19PM

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.