HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
James Walkinshaw For Braddock Supervisor
Posted by: Ghost of Stuart T. DeBell ()
Date: March 09, 2019 09:51AM

James Walkinshaw's only job since college was gopher for Gerry Connolly. Now he wants to be the replacement for Supervisor John Cook. Good luck with that.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: James Walkinshaw For Braddock Supervisor
Posted by: Pentel ()
Date: March 09, 2019 07:20PM

John Cook is a class act and will be missed. While Walkinshaw's campaign them is "Turn Braddock Blue," Cook's endorsement of Jason Remer tells you what he believes is important:

For the past ten years, it has been my honor and privilege to serve as your representative on the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors. As I return to full-time private life, I will always have a warm place in my heart for the many friends whose support made my public career so fulfilling and consequential. Together we trained hundreds of community leaders who are now engaged in their own communities, strengthening our neighbors the old-fashioned way - one neighbor at a time. We worked together to hold the line on county government spending in difficult economic times, while still supporting a reasonable level of governmental services focused on education, public safety, and helping those among us most in need. And we set a new standard for community communication and government transparency, remembering that it is the citizens who own the government, and the government is supposed to work for us!

As I step down, I am thrilled to announce that another community-minded citizen is ready to step forward and carry us into the next decade in the Braddock District. Jason Remer is a family man, business person, engineer, and engaged citizen. He has served on the Board of his Homeowners' Association, been a Boy Scout leader, and participated in many mission trips to help the world's needy. He is a person of honor and integrity, committed to the ideal of service. He understands that holding elected office is a privilege, not a right, and he desires not for a career in politics, but an opportunity to serve our community. Jason understands we need a common-sense approach to county business - necessary funding for important programs, while understanding the imperative of holding back our ever-increasing tax burden. As an engineer, Jason knows buildings and can help the county meet its future infrastructure needs.

Posted by: Derrick ()
Date: March 10, 2019 04:42PM

Never vote GOP

Posted by: Any Other Choice? ()
Date: March 14, 2019 05:38PM

Walkinshaw has Connolly funding him. More money than any other candidate can expect.

Any hope for a primary opponent with better judgement?

Posted by: Racist Party ()
Date: March 17, 2019 03:23AM

Virginia Democrats: Racist since 1863.

Posted by: Date Corrector ()
Date: March 17, 2019 06:18AM

Racist Party Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Virginia Democrats: Racist since 1863.

Actually, 1836

Posted by: Racist since 1776 ()
Date: March 17, 2019 12:29PM

Actually around 1792. The Federalists were also racist then.

Posted by: 9xhvn ()
Date: March 18, 2019 01:10PM

In March 2009, (R) Cook defeated (D, illegal alien) Illwrong Moon

burke is full of illegals working for fx co gov

i don't think Cook has done a damn thing to help republicans. the area is knee deep in democrats growingly so - INCLUDING THE REPUBLICAN PARTY - which has california democrats planted in it, and professed democrats who attend republican meetings "to keep an eye on it"

Republicans in the area have been chocked to death during and since Obama.

Why is he leaving did you say?

Posted by: 4tkxy ()
Date: March 18, 2019 01:14PM

John Cook (wikipedia) ENDORDSED BY WASH POST

look. anything wash post endorces is a wolf in sheeps clothing

I'd find it hard to believe Cook ever fought a battle for the side of republicans.

Posted by: 56yutjfhgdfger ()
Date: March 18, 2019 01:15PM

G2 IF YOUR PUBLICLY LYING ABOUT COOK NOT RUNNING FOR OFFICE

THAT'S IT - I WANT YOUR ASS DEPORTED

http://johncook4supervisor.com

Posted by: The truth hurts ()
Date: March 18, 2019 02:15PM

Cook, a Republican, has been able to win in a majority Democratic district. That is not something a right wing ideologue would be able to accomplish. Like it or not if Republicans want to break the Democratic hold on local government, it will be with politicians like Cook.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.