HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous123AllNext
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: shooting in Annandale . . .
Posted by: Terri Nichols ()
Date: February 23, 2010 03:53PM

Open relationships are lame. Somebody always gets hurt, catches something, or winds up DEAD! Just ask Dr. Drew : ) There is a reason why they call it "High-Risk Behavior." Oh yeah, by the way, Dirk gave HPV to a lot of people. Pretty gay that he didn't think of mentioning that to his little F-buddies before having sex with them. That should be criminal.

But it is true that besides all this, he definitely did not deserve to die like this. RIP Dirk

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Moon ()
Date: February 23, 2010 04:34PM

She knew it was an open relationship! She posted on facebook that they were looking for a female to come be snowed in with them and also her relationship status was in an open relationship.

Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: February 23, 2010 04:40PM

Well if it was on facebook it must mean it was a perfectly healthy and stable relationship at least until the whole murder thing.

Posted by: MightyM ()
Date: February 23, 2010 04:43PM

Dirk did NOT have his child "snatched" from him. That may have been what he told people, but I know for a fact he signed away his rights to the baby's maternal grandmother so that he would not have to raise her himself. Frankly, the kid was probably better off anyway, but no one forced him. That was a decision he made on his own.

Posted by: Is he still dead? ()
Date: February 23, 2010 04:44PM

Hopefully the dumbass had a life insurance policy so he can provide for the children he ignored in life.

Posted by: MinxyX ()
Date: February 23, 2010 10:43PM

Attachments:
random-funny-stuff-22.jpg

Dirk and his Mauser
Posted by: Victor ()
Date: February 24, 2010 01:12PM

OK, there's lots of speculation here but there are some facts.

IF (big IF) it was one of those late 19th Century Mauser Rifles (I have one myself) this is a large weapon. I'm 5' 10" and the rifle stands on it's butt as an easy hold at the muzzle with my forearm level. Anyone who has held a large rifle or been on a drill team knows what that looks like. It's a long way from butt to muzzle. Also, this rifle is heavy and kicks pretty hard. After an afternoon of carrying and shooting mine I am glad to put it down. It's LOUD! Very loud!, There is no way anyone shoots this weapon in doors as a 'lark' unless they're completely unfamiliar with what it can do (or very stupid or very drunk). The round is capable of penetrating light armor and stories exist from WWII ad WWI of single bullets killing 2 and 3 people in line. Dirk's bedroom is large but not so large that this was easy to swing around in the room without some thought.

I don't know what round his weapon was chambered for. I believe they originally came in 7 MM and 8 MM sizes but many were re-chambered for the NATO 7.62 x 51 which is pretty much identical to the .308 Winchester (mine is). Whatever the case, the ammo is NOT hard to get and the weapons are extremely powerful. At 500 yards (if you can hit him) this thing will easily punch through a person. The ammo is loaded, from the top, into an internal, non-removable magazine that can only be loaded and unloaded when the bolt is fully open. The loading is done one-at-a-time or with a stripper clip of 5 rounds.

The safety is on the very back of the bolt and has an extremely stiff action to rotate 180 degrees. If it's on safe, it's just about impossible to accidentally 'knock' it off of safe. The trigger is well 'guarded' and next-to-impossible to hit accidentally. The firing pin does have an extension out of the back of the bolt and could be 'hit' but that would not allow it to trigger a round. It has too much travel and the trigger mechanism is too solid to let impact release the firing pin.

OK, that all means what? It means if the gun was out, it was very intentional. This isn't the kind of thing that is easily left lying around, unnoticed. If it was out, everyone in the room knew it.
It means that if it was loaded, with a round in the chamber, someone had gone out of their way to make it that way. Putting bullets into this weapon is not like slapping a magazine into the hand grip of a .45. It's actually a bit of a pain in the ass.
It means that the safety was off and had been very purposely taken off. The safety is a large, stiff lever, about the size of the last digit of my pinky finger.
It means that the trigger was triggered by someone's finger or some other thing put on the trigger and pulling/pressing. This wasn't set off by someone dropping a lighter. It wasn't knocked against a bed frame.
It means that the gun is extremely difficult to shoot yourself with. As many times as I shook hands with Dirk (forearm to forearm) I still couldn't tell you if he had extremely long arms. Even so, it would take long arms and a determined attitude to use this particular rifle to kill yourself with. I can't imagine Dirk killing himself and I don't think he would use his toes on the trigger even if he did.

I hope this clears up a few people's thinking. It's a bunch of answers but not THE answer. We'll have to wait a little longer for that.

Victor

Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: February 24, 2010 01:53PM

Good thing this guy "touched" so many others...cause I don't think anybody would have otherwise. Goths are hot...
Attachments:
623_fat-goth-gangster.gif
439608_main.jpg
event_112518.jpg
fatcamp.jpg
fattygoth.jpg
gothqueer.jpg
gothshitbats.jpg
hot-goths-2-061109.jpg
loveisblind.gif
s640x480-1.jpg
sassy-goth.jpg
sliceofc.jpg
so-hot-fat-goth-ugly-emo-bitch-whore-fuck-demotivational-poster-1257891135.jpg
trailer-goth.jpg
ugly_goth_couple.jpg
uglygoths.jpg
ugly-stick-ugly-stick-goth-retard-demotivational-poster-1240939185.jpg

Posted by: Taylor ()
Date: February 25, 2010 08:56PM

Sooooooo, did the chick get arrested? Was she found guilty? Did they cut off her trigger finger? How did this whole thing work out?

Posted by: Rhas-al-ghoul ()
Date: February 26, 2010 08:59AM

Posted by: Sgt. Stedanko ()
Date: February 26, 2010 12:55PM

Well, I guess we can call the police and tell them not to bother with an investigation, as the Internet Detectives are now on the case...any of you care to post your Crime Scene Reports?

STFU
GTFO

Date: February 26, 2010 10:10PM

Hey Sgt. Stanko, the only Crime Scene photo I have is one I took of your Momma's cooter. Tell that bitch to trim that shit up! It's like sticking my dick in an Afro-wig. Now THAT'S a crime.

Posted by: graymoose1 ()
Date: February 26, 2010 10:41PM

BUT and it's a big BUT, he is still goth worm food

---------------------------------------------------
W.W.S.D. what would Scooby Doo

Posted by: Burninggirl ()
Date: February 27, 2010 01:09AM

I think it is really none of our business...the child support thing, but the point is that Dirk was a great friend to a lot of people, but certainly not perfect. We all love drama, but I do think "Goth King" is stretching it a bit. I'm not sure what his situation was, but I am sure his child and his baby momma care about whether he made child support payments. Good people try to take care of their children.

As I said, it's really none of our business, but because he is gone, he definitely won't be around for his daughter, which is a shame.

Posted by: Sgt. Stedanko ()
Date: February 27, 2010 01:56AM

Wow Taylor, you really know how to express your educated opinion with class and wit whilst raising the level of discussion. Grade School insults? I think I must have hit a nerve with you...

FACT: the only people with a credible opinion on this are the people who were in the house.
FACT: there is currently an active investigation by the police.
FACT: the people who were in the house won't be saying anything about it (especially not on a low-grade internet forum with sparkling intellects like Taylor) while that investigation is active, as to do so would jeopardize said investigation as well as be illegal.
FACT: Taylor pisses himself (how do I know you're a guy? Hmm.) with fear whenever faced with real life conflict, and compensates by being as tough and in your face as he can never be in person behind the protective anonymity of the internet.

How about you go watch a CSI marathon or something? Your morbid fascination can be harmlessly diverted into something that does not impact on grieving parents and childrens' real lives. I hope when you are dead you are judged by random internet tough-guys and know-it-alls who have never met you.

Yes, goths are fat and ugly.
Darkies are lazy and prone to criminality.
The Irish are violent drunks.
Arabs are terrorists.
Uppity Women are possessed by demons.
Despite all the technology, it really is hard to believe that this is the 21st, hell, even the 19th century...

Posted by: anon ()
Date: February 27, 2010 04:01AM

There's a lot of judgment being thrown around. There's a couple things I want to comment on.

Open relationships: Yes, Dirk and Cara were in an open relationship. It was not a secret to anyone... Least of all Cara, or any women he dated. Womanizer, ladies man, Lothario, rake... Call it what you will. But he was not a player - He was always open about the fact that he wanted to see other people, that he would not accept just one sexual partner. Open relationships are not unusual in the goth/freak subculture.

Cara must have agreed to be in an open relationship, even enjoyed the benefits... I've seen many women go along with open relationships, then get upset when "their man" is not paying them enough attention because he's chasing "strange". I think these women have self-esteem issues. I don't have any problem with open relationships, but I have a problem with women who lie to themselves and go along with shit they don't like ...Then have emotional breakdowns or jealous rages later. I've seen it happen too many times, but never this bad.

Child support - Yes, Dirk did not have custody of either child. Does that make him a bad person? Maybe a poor parent... But he was not a bad parent. He did not mistreat or abuse his children. He did not try to raise them in a house filled with drugs, alcohol and promiscuous behavior. Instead, he let his youngest daughter be raised by grandparents, endowed with a trust fund. Did he take responsibility? Not in the way most people do. But he did ensure that his child was raised by loving members of her family.

Posted by: Observing ()
Date: February 27, 2010 08:02AM

anon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> Child support - Yes, Dirk did not have custody of
> either child. Does that make him a bad person?
> Maybe a poor parent... But he was not a bad
> parent. He did not mistreat or abuse his children.
> He did not try to raise them in a house filled
> with drugs, alcohol and promiscuous behavior.
> Instead, he let his youngest daughter be raised by
> grandparents, endowed with a trust fund. Did he
> take responsibility? Not in the way most people
> do. But he did ensure that his child was raised by
> loving members of her family.

Appears that Dirk destroyed a number of young lives while seeking his own pleasure.

Posted by: Eepko ()
Date: February 27, 2010 01:14PM

Fucking goths. Serious mental problems.
Attachments:
ugly-goth1.jpg

Posted by: Jimmy ()
Date: February 27, 2010 04:06PM

Too many chinks in Annandale...way too many. It feels like a bad karate movie.

Date: February 27, 2010 07:27PM

Lol, Sgt. Stanko, I think that YOU must be the one who had a nerve struck. Struck like a root-canal. I've never seen so many "FACTS" typed in all caps in my life. I have to admit though, it really helped get your point across.

As much as I would like to give you credit for "knowing that I'm a guy", I actually TOLD you that I'm a guy. It was implied when I told you about sticking my dick in your mom's Afro-cooter.

To be honest, the rest of your post was just a lot of blah-bla-blah. I think maybe it was the lack of all-caps. Perhaps you should type in all caps whenever you write.

In any case, If the sorry state of your mom's pubic bush bothers you so much, take it up with her. I've blocked her from Facebook and stopped taking her calls. She was getting all clingy. Maybe you could get her an Epilady for Christmas? Just an idea.

Posted by: bdub ()
Date: February 28, 2010 02:37PM

τον τεθνηκοτα μη κακολογειν

Date: February 28, 2010 02:46PM

Vita turpis ne morti quidem honestae colum relinquit

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2010 02:48PM by Taylor.

Date: March 02, 2010 07:12PM

Wow, the mourning and grieving is already over? Not really a whole lot of tears shed for the "King of Goth". I wonder what his killer is up to right now.

Posted by: redcrow ()
Date: March 04, 2010 03:10AM

Taylor Wrote:
> Wow, the mourning and grieving is already over?
> Not really a whole lot of tears shed for the "King
> of Goth". I wonder what his killer is up to right
> now.

I think the sad reality is that most of these people did not really care about him, they just wanted to be part of the drama. *shakes head*

Posted by: Betroni ()
Date: March 04, 2010 07:41AM

The goth king is dead. Somebody else is already sharing their cocaine and alcohol with the goth partiers. A few more months and nobody will even remember who the fuck he was.

Date: March 04, 2010 07:56AM

I doubt anybody knew who he was in the first place until he went and got his face blown off and earned a paragraph in the obit section of the weekly paper...

Date: March 04, 2010 11:18PM

The reality is that those of us who loved him are done talking to douches, morons and trolls.

Posted by: Oh well ()
Date: March 05, 2010 08:22AM

I like how NOONE in this thread has any fucking clue what they are talking about. I havent seen so much 'projected bullshit' since the Obama election.

The dude either suck started a Mauser, or she is a clever little Marine.

Either way, let the grown ups figure out what happened instead of spewing bullshit that is so obviously bullshit.

Fuck you very much.

Posted by: I know! ()
Date: March 05, 2010 08:23AM

Taylor Wrote:
> Wow, the mourning and grieving is already over?
> Not really a whole lot of tears shed for the "King
> of Goth". I wonder what his killer is up to right
> now.

Since he shot himself, the killer is up to an autopsy.

Date: March 05, 2010 08:43AM

Attachments:
headshot1.jpg
headshot2.jpg
headshot3.jpg
headshot4.png

Appalled
Posted by: gillian ivy ()
Date: March 06, 2010 10:29PM

Honestly I am appalled at the lack of humanity expressed here on this site. People who are personally hating on Dirk and saying uncouth things his family will likely be hurt by. Posting bullet wound pictures and fat goths. What the hell does that have to do with anything? Really friggin' tasteless. Never mind that there was a person who just died. Is life so invaluable to you?

I knew another side to Dirk that most didn't. Which was mentioned previously, the face Dirk put on publicly was very different than his face at home. I was a roommate of his at Perdition's Gate when Cougar was pregnant with Rhiannon. Dirk loved having a horrible reputation. He actually did manage to have mostly monogamous open relationships, believe it or not. I know he very much loved Cougar and his daughter. I also know he did the best possible thing for his daughter by not raising her himself. Admitting that you lack the means to care for the child you love may be nobler than the parent who raises their child surrounded by drugs, parties and in an unstable environment.

No one ever claimed that Dirk were some sort of saint. Father of the year, he was not. Irresponsible with finances, yes. Dirk was Dirk. He never pretended to be any more than that. In a better world, all parents would do the right thing and be parents to their kids. Unfortunately, we don't live in that world. There's no point arguing about Dirk's parenting skills.

I came to this forum to see if I could garner more information on who Cara was. She added me to her friend list on Facebook some time ago, and not knowing if she was some other Cara I had met before, I added her to my friends. Now I speculate whether or not she was randomly adding Dirk's friends that she had never even met nor spoken to? Because I certainly have not ever met her as far as I can recollect. And am glad of it. From what I've read here and on her profile on Facebook, she doesn't seem to be the type I prefer to acquaint myself with.

Personally, I am mourning the loss of my friend and am disappointed by the lack of compassion from those posting safely behind their anonymous handles without regard for the repercussions of their slung insults and disrespect for the deceased. I hope no one attends your funerals, and likely, you'll be lucky to get a one line obit.

Date: March 07, 2010 07:10PM

:)

I'd rather have a one line obit about how great of a father I was to my children and how great of a husband I was to my wife than half a page in the paper and a thread on a local forum about how big of a worthless, fat piece of shit I was before I suck-started a rifle.

:)

P.S. your friend is WORMFOOD

With Love,

A guy who isn't dead and burning in hell for committing suicide.

Posted by: JuJu ()
Date: March 07, 2010 08:10PM

"Admitting that you lack the means to care for the child you love may be nobler than the parent who raises their child surrounded by drugs, parties and in an unstable environment."

LOL Jesus Christ, the fact that that is the best you can say about him as a parent is pretty telling.

Date: March 09, 2010 02:43PM

And the fact that you devote so much time to being a low-grade troll, that you have so little compassion, that you go so out of your way to try and make grieving strangers unhappy is VERY telling indeed.

Ultimately, I pity you. This is how you entertain yourself. Sad.

Posted by: juju ()
Date: March 10, 2010 04:17PM

anon Wrote:
> And the fact that you devote so much time to being
> a low-grade troll, that you have so little
> compassion, that you go so out of your way to try
> and make grieving strangers unhappy is VERY
> telling indeed.
>
> Ultimately, I pity you. This is how you entertain
> yourself. Sad.

lol whatever. you entertain yourself fucking around with stupid people who do nothing but party and neglect their kids. sad.

Date: March 11, 2010 07:36AM

juju Wrote:
> lol whatever. you entertain yourself fucking
> around with stupid people who do nothing but party
> and neglect their kids. sad.

Oh shit! See ya, bitch!
Attachments:
evalindaslap.gif

Date: March 17, 2010 10:33PM

So, did anything ever come of this? I never heard anything about the shooter being charged. Initially there was a lot of "Don't worry, the Cops are close to making an arrest!", but now it's completely faded away. Did she get away with it?

Posted by: Lil Riv ()
Date: March 17, 2010 11:49PM

Looks like the house has been abandoned too.

Date: March 18, 2010 12:38AM

Oh yeah? Why do you say that?

Posted by: No arrest ()
Date: March 18, 2010 02:58PM

No arrest because noone gives a shit...

Posted by: Borkit ()
Date: March 18, 2010 04:30PM

What do you call a goth lying in the road?
A speed bump.

How do you get a goth out of a tree?
Cut the rope!

Old goths don't die, they just need less makeup.

Why did the goth cross the road?
It didn't, it was dead.

What's black and sits in the corner?
A dead baby goth.

What's black and knocks on the window?
A goth in a microwave.

How many goths does it take to change a lightbulb?
None, but one has to light the candle.

None, they'd rather sit in the dark and cry.

None, they just embrace the darkness.

Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: March 18, 2010 04:51PM

Everybody who's even been in the same room as a guy that once knew a goth chick in this area knew who Dirk was. I can't even fathom opening up where I live to that many people, some of them complete strangers, on such a frequent basis.

I didn't know a lot about him personally, but every time I talked to him, he was always a really nice guy.

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Date: March 19, 2010 12:07PM

Who knew that there were sooooooo many "Goths" in the area? I've always associated the "Goth" movement with High School aged kids. I had no idea that so many adults were into it as well. (Aside from adults like "Marilyn Manson" who are just milking all the suckers for the $$$.)

I guess that I'm fascinated by this particular story because I've never read about a person that lived their entire life dedicated soley to the pursuit of their own hedonistic pleasure. Particularly since most people who are only interested in their own pleasure are usually pompous, selfish, egotistical ass-holes. I know from Psychology classes that he exhibited all of the classic signs of a Sociopath with narcissistic tendancies, and in many ways he COULD have been another Ted Bundy (charming, witty, always surrounded by women who were atracted to him, popular, center of attention, very different person behind closed doors, etc.)

Somehow he managed to be interested in nothing but himself, and yet get everyone to like him at the same time. I also wonder why he picked the ONE girl that was resistant to his "dazzle" and why she was SO resistant that she shot him in the face and then completely got away with it, ESPECIALLY when everyone SEEMED to "love" him so much. Although, admittedly, since his funeral, all the people professing their deep and undying love have dryed up and blown away. I wonder what it says about him as a person (if anything) that his best friends forgot him two days after his burial and the only person left who is still interested in him and his life is a stranger that never met him and has no love for him at all.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2010 12:47PM by Taylor.

Posted by: anony ()
Date: March 27, 2010 12:53PM

Dear Taylor,

You just can't give this thread up, can you? Seems like your life must revolve around this forum. It's pretty silly to assume that since Dirk's friends have stopped caring because they stopped answering your attempts at trolling.

The reality is that Dirk's friends, goths and non-goths alike (like me) still miss him very much. He is very much in our thoughts... His Facebook page still gets several comments a day from friends, just saying they miss him, or they dreamed of him (go ahead and make fun of this... It's not like the dead check their Facebook page). A couple weeks ago one of the clubs he frequented had a special Dirk tribute at their St Patty's Day party. We all remember Dirk, we all still love him, and we're all waiting to hear something from the police. Hopefully we'll hear that Cara Cottle has been charged with murder. However, few of us really have faith in "the system" at this point...

It's important to remember that five weeks ago, when Dirk was murdered, the Fairfax county police told reporters that it would take 6 weeks for the autopsy reports to come back. They were waiting to see the results before making any arrests or charges because they felt Cara was not a flight risk. I don't really expect them to stick to their six week plan. It may take much longer... And it may never happen. We'll see.

If you want to follow this story, keep watching the news. I may post with an update when I hear something, but then again I may not. This forum is pretty negative and I am not really thrilled with the attitude of the regulars here. Have a nice life, and have fun making fun of everything I wrote.

Peace.
-One of Dirk's Many Friends.

Posted by: Gino99 ()
Date: March 27, 2010 06:10PM

The FFXU death threads are the best! We got this sick goth fucker, the stupid Mexican kid, dumb cunt twins, suicide boy... it's better than TV!

Date: March 28, 2010 12:27AM

anony Wrote:
> Dear Taylor,
>
> You just can't give this thread up, can you? Seems
> like your life must revolve around this forum.
> It's pretty silly to assume that since Dirk's
> friends have stopped caring because they stopped
> answering your attempts at trolling.
>
> The reality is that Dirk's friends, goths and
> non-goths alike (like me) still miss him very
> much. He is very much in our thoughts... His
> Facebook page still gets several comments a day
> from friends, just saying they miss him, or they
> dreamed of him (go ahead and make fun of this...
> It's not like the dead check their Facebook page).
> A couple weeks ago one of the clubs he frequented
> had a special Dirk tribute at their St Patty's Day
> party. We all remember Dirk, we all still love
> him, and we're all waiting to hear something from
> the police. Hopefully we'll hear that Cara Cottle
> has been charged with murder. However, few of us
> really have faith in "the system" at this
> point...
>
> It's important to remember that five weeks ago,
> when Dirk was murdered, the Fairfax county police
> told reporters that it would take 6 weeks for the
> autopsy reports to come back. They were waiting to
> see the results before making any arrests or
> charges because they felt Cara was not a flight
> risk. I don't really expect them to stick to their
> six week plan. It may take much longer... And it
> may never happen. We'll see.
>
> If you want to follow this story, keep watching
> the news. I may post with an update when I hear
> something, but then again I may not. This forum is
> pretty negative and I am not really thrilled with
> the attitude of the regulars here. Have a nice
> life, and have fun making fun of everything I
> wrote.
>
> Peace.
> -One of Dirk's Many Friends.

Anony, in fairness, I have never made ANY negative comments about Dirk OR any of the positive things that have been written about him in this thread. I have also not been "trolling". I can understand that you've read over the thread and lumped me into the Gen-Pop, but I think that if you look back, you'll find that my curiosity has always been genuine. True, I didn't know him, but the circumstances surrounding his death are strange enough that I have been curious as to the outcome of the case.

But I have not mocked anything that you or any of his friends have said. If he was a person that you cared about, then I don't blame you for being pissed, just make sure that you point it in the right direction.

Posted by: sondra ()
Date: March 30, 2010 01:54PM

It's amazing to me to see how negative people can act, just to make themselves feel lifted up by their own inferior lives. I had been friends with dirk 1/2 my life. He was a generous, witty and loving man. We gladly (friends) called him brother. I don't know 2 many people that would take their time, to listen to you, hug and love you as family.

Date: March 30, 2010 02:02PM

zzzzzzzZzzzZzZzZzzzzzzzzzzzz

Posted by: K ()
Date: March 30, 2010 03:34PM

I did not know Dirk, but a good friend did (and has been devastated by his death), so I've been checking periodically for any news update. According to the Washington Post, Cara Cottle has been arrested:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/03/30/AR2010033002111.html

Posted by: fukit ()
Date: March 31, 2010 08:46AM

your good friend has been devistated why......no place to party for free......

Posted by: Darwin Dirk ()
Date: March 31, 2010 10:16AM

Accorting to the post:

"Smiler, 37, was an avowed hedonist, a Goth and a fixture in the D.C. nightclub scene"

One less avowed hedonist, goth, nightclub fixture on this earth is bad why?

Posted by: Notta ()
Date: March 31, 2010 10:22AM

"his warm, inviting nature and his extensive feats of seduction are legendary."

"Cottle then ran upstairs, naked and covered in blood, and screamed that Smiler was dead, according to witnesses and police."

He raped her?

Posted by: Shabba ()
Date: March 31, 2010 03:31PM

Naked+Blood+Screaming+Dude missing his head from a shotgun blast. Sounds like a typical goth party to me.

Posted by: K ()
Date: March 31, 2010 05:38PM

Look, I'm not into the goth scene and neither, for that matter, is my friend. How she knew him, I don't know. I simply know that his death was very difficult for her to deal with. I'm obviously a little less judgmental about things and people I know nothing about than some assholes on here. I just passed along an update.

Re: Goth guy gets gunned
Posted by: Facthammer ()
Date: March 31, 2010 07:18PM

> Blah blah blah

All this is hearsay. If you're trying to make an argument that anyone deserves to be shot by their pseudo-spousal unit, you're ignoring the fact that murder is illegal in this country. For any reason.

As to Dirk's character - none of that matters. He is deceased. The only testimony that matters is the testimony that suggests he forced her hand. This should be established during the discovery phase of the investigation.

As to Cara's character - she is defending her freedom in court. What will matter in court is data that can be proved, and testimony as to her character, good or otherwise. Her military record and criminal record will be reviewed. (Curious that someone here did a background search of the victim, but not the assailant...)

Obviously, she was not well liked. But that will not lead to a conviction. What is required is FACTS. The detectives evidence, her testimony, and cross examination of the witnesses, all of whom will be coached by lawyers. She will not likely be given a death sentence, nor will she spend the remainder of her life in jail. Historically, only one woman was ever put to death in Virginia, and that was in 1912.

Some ringside speculation:

Given that Ms. Cottle has secured a highly rated lawyer, it is unlikely that she will plead guilty at her arraignment. There is no question as to her as the "murderess", unless the witnesses change their story about what she said.

In such a case, I would think she would aim for a reduced sentence - there is a big difference between Murder 1 and manslaughter. I doubt she will go completely unpunished.

Further, her defense may be "self-defense", "unintentional" (manslaughter), or that she has a serious mental defect such as schizophrenia, psychosis, or dementia. In the case of mental illness, it would have to be proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that she had no idea that what she was doing was wrong. More likely, the "diminished capacity" defense might be used if that is allowed in Virginia courts.

Re: Goth guy gets gunned
Date: April 01, 2010 02:38AM

She's not going for the mental defect (too hard to pull off these days). She's going for self defense, which is such a crock of shit.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/03/31/AR2010033102109.html?sid=ST2010033002114

As Erica already wrote, Cara LIKED rough sex... REALLY rough sex. Any marks on her neck would be there because she asked for it (I mean that quite literally). It's going to be hard for her to prove that he attacked her. There's probably dozens of people who could testify she liked auto-erotic asphyxiation and being on bottom of BDSM.

And then there's the issue of establishing character... She doesn't even have visitation right to see her own kids. Rumor has it that she was convicted of assaulting her own husband. That's right - A history of domestic violence.

There's also the small issue of her being quoted in the Washington City Paper as saying "He told me to do it" when she ran out of the room. Oh, and of course the part where she writes "I love u Dirk, but sometimes I want to kill u" on her facebook page the day before she shot him in "self defense".

Cara Cottle is loud, aggressive and stupid. She's going to get stuck in her own web of stupidity, violence and lies.

Posted by: robonscanner ()
Date: April 01, 2010 07:41AM

http://www2.insidenova.com/isn/news/crime/article/manassas_woman_charged_with_killing_boyfriend/54830/#comments

don't mean to be so retard. cut and pasting is not my thing. It wasa a good picture and worth the coping.

Posted by: FUNdamental ()
Date: April 01, 2010 11:15AM

From the Washington Post

"Until she was arrested, Cottle worked for almost two years as a production manager for conservative fundraiser Richard Viguerie, who rose to prominence in the 1980s with his direct-mail fundraising for Ronald Reagan. He was recently credited by Virginia Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli II (R) with providing crucial help for his election victory.

Cottle's mother, Viola Shields, is listed as vice president of administration for Viguerie's American Target Advertising in Manassas, and she and Mark J. Fitzgibbons, the company's president of corporate and legal affairs, attended Cottle's bond hearing."

Comment; one of Viguerie's clients is "Gun Owners of America." From their website; Gun Owners of America (GOA) is a non-profit lobbying organization formed in 1975 to preserve and defend the Second Amendment rights of gun owners. GOA sees firearms ownership as a freedom issue.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2010 11:16AM by FUNdamental.

Posted by: inkahootz ()
Date: April 01, 2010 11:17AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2010 12:38AM by inkahootz.

Date: April 01, 2010 02:32PM

not ironic just concendence, i think...

Date: April 01, 2010 02:42PM

juju Wrote:
> not ironic just concendence, i think...

What the hell does the word "Concendence" mean?

I think the words Incongruous or contradictory work well.

Posted by: F*ing Duh! ()
Date: April 01, 2010 02:51PM

The act of conceding; concession. [Rare.] All I had to apprehend was that a daughter so reluctantly carried off would offer terms to her father, and would be accepted upon a mutual concedence: they to give up Solmes, she to give up me.
Richardson, Clarissa Harlowe, iii. 116. Fucking Idiot......

Date: April 01, 2010 02:59PM

F*ing Duh! Wrote:
> The act of conceding; concession. All I had to
> apprehend was that a daughter so reluctantly
> carried off would offer terms to her father, and
> would be accepted upon a mutual concedence: they
> to give up Solmes, she to give up me.
> Richardson, Clarissa Harlowe, iii. 116. Fucking
> Idiot......

Then I believe you used the wrong word.

Date: April 02, 2010 09:42PM

Ugh! I don't know exactly what I was expecting, but after all the talk about how Dirk was this incredible ladies man who romanced and bedded hundreds of women, I figured that his girlfriend would at least be SEMI-hot. This chick looks like she just crawled out from underneath a bridge. He died over fucking THIS CHICK?!?!?!? Dear lord. That's even MORE fucked up than the original story.
Attachments:
Cara.jpg

Posted by: Pomplamoose ()
Date: April 02, 2010 11:53PM

Attachments:
Whofuckincares.jpg

Date: April 03, 2010 12:30AM

Pomplamoose Wrote:
> Who fuckinn' cares?

He did, obviously. A little TOO much. I couldn't fuck that chick if I was drunk. I can't imagine living with her for a year and then letting her blow my head off. Angelina Jolie maybe, but THIS CHICK?????? No F-ing way.

Posted by: DynamiteSLURPEE ()
Date: April 03, 2010 01:48PM

Yeah, Angelina Jolie has nice blowjob lips. This bitch has nasty lips...and some kind of fucking growth on the side of her head.

Date: April 03, 2010 02:27PM

Growth on her head???? I think its a piercing...idiot,! ya'll are cruel pepole!!

Posted by: Sandflea ()
Date: April 03, 2010 02:29PM

We are cruel? This psychotic bitch used a shotgun and blew the head clean off that nice gothic gentelman.

Date: April 03, 2010 04:35PM

juju Wrote:
> Growth on her head???? I think its a
> piercing...idiot,! ya'll are cruel pepole!!

A piercing on her cheekbone? Are you high? It's obviously some sort of evil, cancerous growth. And as far as us being "cruel", did anything that SHE did qualify as cruel in your opinion?

Date: April 03, 2010 09:39PM

Yes a piercing on her cheek bone, its an implant piercing,very popular in the gothlic society, can be removed and a ball can be place there.Where the fuck have you been, underneath a rock. No i dont think she did anything cruel, i think she fought for her life.... and got to keep it. he grabbed the gun. he fired it...........right through his own skull...........end of story

Date: April 04, 2010 01:55PM

fukit Wrote:
> Yes a piercing on her cheek bone, its an implant
> piercing,very popular in the gothlic society, can
> be removed and a ball can be place there.Where the
> fuck have you been, underneath a rock. No i dont
> think she did anything cruel, i think she fought
> for her life.... and got to keep it. he grabbed
> the gun. he fired it...........right through his
> own skull...........end of story

I guess I MUST have been under a rock in order to miss out on subdermal, cheek-piercings. Perhaps I'm just running with the wrong crowd. The really WEIRD thing is that the last time I was trying to untangle your mom's labial piercings from her overgrown and tangled thicket of pubic hair so I could bang her, I ASKED her SPECIFICALLY if there was anything "new" in the piercing world. She said "You'd have to ask my illegitimate, half-retard son, but I'm PRETTY SURE that there's nothing new."

What a bitch! I'm going to have to bang her in the ass next time I see her as punishment for being so dumb. Thank you though, for straightening it all out.

P.S. I'm not a fan of "Dirk's", but how do you "accidentally" shoot yourself in the forehead with a FUCKING LONG BARREL RIFLE? He would have had to "accidentally" pulled the trigger with his toes.

I guess ANYTHING'S possible, though. Just like your mom accidentally got pregnant and had you. :)

Date: April 04, 2010 08:50PM

Taylor Wrote:
>
> I guess I MUST have been under a rock in order to
> miss out on subdermal, cheek-piercings. Perhaps
> I'm just running with the wrong crowd. The really
> WEIRD thing is that the last time I was trying to
> untangle your mom's labial piercings from her
> overgrown and tangled thicket of pubic hair so I
> could bang her, I ASKED her SPECIFICALLY if there
> was anything "new" in the piercing world. She said
> "You'd have to ask my illegitimate, half-retard
> son, but I'm PRETTY SURE that there's nothing
> new."
>
> What a bitch! I'm going to have to bang her in the
> ass next time I see her as punishment for being so
> dumb. Thank you though, for straightening it all
> out.
>
> P.S. I'm not a fan of "Dirk's", but how do you
> "accidentally" shoot yourself in the forehead with
> a FUCKING LONG BARREL RIFLE? He would have had to
> "accidentally" pulled the trigger with his toes.
>
> I guess ANYTHING'S possible, though. Just like
> your mom accidentally got pregnant and had you.
> :)

Labia piercing...she did away with that years ago, must be your sister! you got it all mixed up.. Its ok she will forgive you! HAHA,"HALF RETARDED SON? wHAT MAKES YOU SO SURE I AM A GUY? Sounds like your a little fucking punk who used "google" way to many times.you cant get under my skin but i would like for you to keep trying.....

Date: April 04, 2010 10:23PM

fukit Wrote:

> Labia piercing...she did away with that years
> ago, must be your sister! you got it all mixed
> up.. Its ok she will forgive you! HAHA,"HALF
> RETARDED SON? wHAT MAKES YOU SO SURE I AM A GUY?
> Sounds like your a little fucking punk who used
> "google" way to many times.you cant get under my
> skin but i would like for you to keep trying.....

Sure, I'm always up for a good laugh. Let's see, hmmmmmmmm.........Well, first of all, we could play a little guessing game. Between the grammatical errors, misspellings and omissions in punctuation, I count almost 27 errors in the space of what SHOULD have been a five sentence long post. Now THAT'S impressive, (even for a half-retard). What else? Well, you smell like a combination of week old urine that's been baking in an old coffee can underneath the scorching July sunshine, and the delicate aroma of a dead fish.

Your Mother told me that the ONLY reason that she hasn't thrown you out of the house yet is because you provide fully half of the family income by allowing her to qualify for a tax exempt status due to your mental retardation. Your girlfriend (if that's what you can call a chick that you met on-line playing WoW but haven't ever actually met) told me that you keep trying to show people your penis on chatroulette, but you log off every time they start laughing, and I'm actually your REAL father, I just bang your Mom every now and then in order to see how my "retard son" is doing. At first I wasn't sure how you could POSSIBLY be MY kid when my sperm is so pure and strong and you are so weak and cowardly. Then a Doctor told me that it was the VERY FIRST case in all of recorded medical history where a woman had gotten pregnant through anal sex.

Even though I was VERY careful to ONLY bang your Mom in the ass, apparently my sperm were SO DAMN POWERFUL, that they spent close to a MONTH tunneling through her anal cavity until they reached her uterus. The only reason that you were born a weak, stunty, little retard instead of a towering, Grecian God like me (again, your father), is because my sperm were almost completely exhausted from a months work (something that you and your lazy-ass, welfare mother wouldn't know about or understand). It's not that I feel responsible for you. It's really like checking to make sure that you aren't getting your stupid-ass into places that it shouldn't be (like outside the basement) and bothering innocent citizens, gives me a good excuse to bang your Mother again. (I don't know what it is about her that keeps me coming back. Maybe it's the fact that with no teeth, she can give me a MONSTER hummer!)

Date: April 05, 2010 09:05PM

Taylor Wrote:
> fukit Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > Labia piercing...she did away with that years
> > ago, must be your sister! you got it all mixed
> > up.. Its ok she will forgive you! HAHA,"HALF
> > RETARDED SON? wHAT MAKES YOU SO SURE I AM A
> GUY?
> > Sounds like your a little fucking punk who
> used
> > "google" way to many times.you cant get under
> my
> > skin but i would like for you to keep
> trying.....
>
> Sure, I'm always up for a good laugh. Let's see,
> hmmmmmmmm.........Well, first of all, we could
> play a little guessing game. Between the
> grammatical errors, misspellings and omissions in
> punctuation, I count almost 27 errors in the space
> of what SHOULD have been a five sentence long
> post. Now THAT'S impressive, (even for a
> half-retard). What else? Well, you smell like a
> combination of week old urine that's been baking
> in an old coffee can underneath the scorching July
> sunshine, and the delicate aroma of a dead fish.
>
> Your Mother told me that the ONLY reason that she
> hasn't thrown you out of the house yet is because
> you provide fully half of the family income by
> allowing her to qualify for a tax exempt status
> due to your mental retardation. Your girlfriend
> (if that's what you can call a chick that you met
> on-line playing WoW but haven't ever actually met)
> told me that you keep trying to show people your
> penis on chatroulette, but you log off every time
> they start laughing, and I'm actually your REAL
> father, I just bang your Mom every now and then in
> order to see how my "retard son" is doing. At
> first I wasn't sure how you could POSSIBLY be MY
> kid when my sperm is so pure and strong and you
> are so weak and cowardly. Then a Doctor told me
> that it was the VERY FIRST case in all of recorded
> medical history where a woman had gotten pregnant
> through anal sex.
>
> Even though I was VERY careful to ONLY bang your
> Mom in the ass, apparently my sperm were SO DAMN
> POWERFUL, that they spent close to a MONTH
> tunneling through her anal cavity until they
> reached her uterus. The only reason that you were
> born a weak, stunty, little retard instead of a
> towering, Grecian God like me (again, your
> father), is because my sperm were almost
> completely exhausted from a months work (something
> that you and your lazy-ass, welfare mother
> wouldn't know about or understand). It's not that
> I feel responsible for you. It's really like
> checking to make sure that you aren't getting your
> stupid-ass into places that it shouldn't be (like
> outside the basement) and bothering innocent
> citizens, gives me a good excuse to bang your
> Mother again. (I don't know what it is about her
> that keeps me coming back. Maybe it's the fact
> that with no teeth, she can give me a MONSTER
> hummer!)

A real heat warming story of family togetherness and mutual respect. It was a lovely story, and you told it so well...with such enthusiasm!

Posted by: anono ()
Date: April 06, 2010 11:32AM

A piercing in her cheek bone? What, were you born yesterday? It's a fucking witch-mole, ya retard.

Posted by: gia ()
Date: April 07, 2010 11:09AM

anono Wrote:
> A piercing in her cheek bone? What, were you born
> yesterday? It's a fucking witch-mole, ya retard.

Nope its a piercing! ZOOM my friend, its there

Date: April 07, 2010 11:16AM

its ugly either way.

"Here's a quarter. Go downtown and have a rat gnaw that thing off your face."

-Uncle Buck

Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: April 07, 2010 11:45AM

Piercings are removed when they book you. I don't think they'd let her keep piercings in for a mug shot photo.

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Posted by: ahole ()
Date: April 07, 2010 03:46PM

MrMephisto Wrote:
> Piercings are removed when they book you. I don't
> think they'd let her keep piercings in for a mug
> shot photo.

Ok but they let her keep her street clothes on? Gimme a break, have you ever been arested? they dont wait to take your picture like a glamour shot. They just take it.
Who cares anyways? I'll go with the last guys post about the rat chewing what ever it is off! kudos!

Posted by: Feezer ()
Date: April 07, 2010 05:09PM

Man, she is one ugly bitch. Not even after a keg of beer would I do her.

Posted by: ugh ()
Date: April 07, 2010 05:15PM

Feezer Wrote:
> Man, she is one ugly bitch. Not even after a keg
> of beer would I do her.

now imagine her in a skimpy bondage outfit rubbing up on your girlfriend and trying to act sexy. this is waht you had to put up with around her.

Posted by: TaeKwonDoChampion ()
Date: April 07, 2010 09:27PM

That thing on her face is nasty. I bet it has hairs growing out of it too.

Posted by: gia ()
Date: April 07, 2010 10:12PM

How can a piercing grow hair?

Posted by: anono ()
Date: April 07, 2010 11:42PM

ugh Wrote:
> Feezer Wrote:
> -----
> > Man, she is one ugly bitch. Not even after a
> keg
> > of beer would I do her.
>
> now imagine her in a skimpy bondage outfit rubbing
> up on your girlfriend and trying to act sexy. this
> is waht you had to put up with around her.

Don't forget the screeching voice... Like nails on chalk.

Posted by: colinalot ()
Date: April 08, 2010 05:03PM

WOW. YOU know her well i take it! Was it your girlfriend she hit on and your pist? To bad so sad......

Posted by: question? ()
Date: April 12, 2010 09:19AM

Is she out on bail? She RSVPed as maybe on facebook to be at Bound this Friday. She still has her and Dirk on her profile pic. Unless someone set up a profile to look like hers, but I know they both went to those kinds of events. I will have to be extra careful to avoid her. Also got a crazy x (fling) that might be there. Man these events really bring out all the freaks.

Posted by: eeeee* ()
Date: April 12, 2010 12:36PM

question? Wrote:
> Is she out on bail? She RSVPed as maybe on
> facebook to be at Bound this Friday. She still has
> her and Dirk on her profile pic. Unless someone
> set up a profile to look like hers, but I know
> they both went to those kinds of events. I will
> have to be extra careful to avoid her. Also got a
> crazy x (fling) that might be there. Man these
> events really bring out all the freaks.

What a stupid question!

Posted by: ugh ()
Date: April 12, 2010 01:18PM

Ugh, wasn't she free and not even charged for a while? Not all of us follow the news every second of the day.

>What a stupid question!

Posted by: granny smith ()
Date: April 30, 2010 01:35AM

I have been a member of the local goth/fetish community for many years. I knew Dirk for more than 5 years. He was a flamboyant,educated, witty gourmand of life. Like all people he had strengths and weaknesses. Since I was not his priest, lover, psychiatrist, or lawyer, I cannot hope to analyze his life and habits or his effect on anyone but me and the folks I observed in his life. He was an interesting, interesting person with flaws and gifts.

The only thing I can say about this thread is that it's a damn shame that anyone dies this way and the news threads that follow become public fora for so many people who have so few facts, personal knowledge of the victim (yes - victim) or respect for the grief of those who read this. Everyone is entitled to their two cents but it's a shame that some of the comments I have read tonight stray so far from the facts. Dirk (regardless of personality or history) is dead. What a DAMN SHAME!

It's a shame that some of the previous posters obviously have no knowledge of what they misspeak.

Date: April 30, 2010 05:21PM

Who's got the picture of Gothapotimus????

Posted by: bwah ()
Date: April 30, 2010 05:41PM

graymoose1 Wrote:
> Who's got the picture of Gothapotimus????

u mean ur wife's portrait?

Date: April 30, 2010 05:44PM

hahahahaha, boy you sure got me on that one

Posted by: THX ()
Date: April 30, 2010 05:45PM

graymoose1 Wrote:
> hahahahaha, boy you sure got me on that one

I know

Posted by: Ijuno666 ()
Date: April 30, 2010 07:09PM

I wish this thread would fucking die already. By now, I imagine our dead goth friend is decomposing quite nicely. Sort of the ultimate look for a goth dude, eh?

Date: May 01, 2010 08:50AM

Gothopotamus-fat-juggalo.jpg

Date: May 01, 2010 09:25AM

Shouldn't it say "You're lucky it's on a leash.", not "Be lucky it's on a leash."?

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: May 01, 2010 11:09AM

Taylor Wrote:
> Shouldn't it say "You're lucky it's on a leash.",
> not "Be lucky it's on a leash."?

the internet is no place for proper grammar.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Date: May 01, 2010 11:19AM

Gravis Wrote:
> Taylor Wrote:
> -----
> > Shouldn't it say "You're lucky it's on a
> leash.",
> > not "Be lucky it's on a leash."?
>
> the internet is no place for proper grammar.

Shouldn't it say "Dar inter-webs RNT n0 pl8c fur props gr4mm@r. Lol, rotflmao, PWNED!!!!! N00b!"?

Posted by: N8TIVE NO. VIRGINIAN ()
Date: May 04, 2010 01:47PM

Just saw this in the Washington Post ... I guess it came out late yesterday afternoon.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/crime-scene/fairfax/smiler-murder-case-sent-to-fai.html?hpid=newswell

Pages: Previous123AllNext
Current Page: 2 of 3

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.