HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
If you are over 30 and live in a Fairfax county townhouse or a condo you are a loser.
Posted by: Morgan Veranda ()
Date: February 28, 2019 07:15AM

A couple guys I work with are like over 40 and they are still dealing with townhouse living. It is really sad.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: If you are over 30 and live in a Fairfax county townhouse or a condo you are a loser.
Posted by: Et tu brute ()
Date: February 28, 2019 07:33AM

Morgan Veranda Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A couple guys I work with are like over 40 and
> they are still dealing with townhouse living. It
> is really sad.

Losers work with losers is what you are saying?

Re: If you are over 30 and live in a Fairfax county townhouse or a condo you are a loser.
Posted by: Cantwait ()
Date: February 28, 2019 07:40AM

Morgan Veranda Wrote:
> is really sad.

I live in a large house/property. Great for now. But when the kids are out, I'm looking forward to easing towards retirement in a Fairfax condo

Posted by: Make a plan... ()
Date: February 28, 2019 08:04AM

Once you put down roots in this area, there's really not much point in ever leaving again. The amenities here are world-class. We have a beautiful landscape and a temperate four-season climate with low rates of natural disasters. And once you retire, the traffic that people so love to complain about simply doesn't matter anymore. The only real issue here is the cost-of-living, so save up those nickel snd dimes...

For all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these: I couldn't afford it.

Posted by: retirement living ()
Date: February 28, 2019 08:21AM

Morgan Veranda Wrote:
> is really sad.

Our kids are grown and out on their own so we sold the single family home and bought a townhouse. I haven't mowed grass, shoveled snow, or trimmed trees in years. I like it this way.

Posted by: View from the Veranda ()
Date: February 28, 2019 10:21AM

If you make your life choices based on what strangers on the Internet think, you are a loser.

Posted by: gated driveway ()
Date: February 28, 2019 10:55AM

retirement living Wrote:
> Morgan Veranda Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > A couple guys I work with are like over 40 and
> > they are still dealing with townhouse living.
> It
> > is really sad.
>
> Our kids are grown and out on their own so we sold
> the single family home and bought a townhouse. I
> haven't mowed grass, shoveled snow, or trimmed
> trees in years. I like it this way.

Says the townhouse dwelling loser.

Posted by: Lawn service... ()
Date: February 28, 2019 11:23AM

retirement living Wrote:
> Morgan Veranda Wrote:
> -----
> > A couple guys I work with are like over 40 and
> > they are still dealing with townhouse living.
> It
> > is really sad.
>
> Our kids are grown and out on their own so we sold
> the single family home and bought a townhouse. I
> haven't mowed grass, shoveled snow, or trimmed
> trees in years. I like it this way.

If only we had a million illegals around here that could take care of your landscaping needs. Enjoy your tiny stamp-sized backyard. Let's not forget the parking issues either

Posted by: the pwner ()
Date: February 28, 2019 11:54AM

Morgan Veranda Wrote:
> is really sad.

Shut the fuck up and make more french fries, bitch.

Posted by: 69wle ()
Date: February 28, 2019 03:00PM

Morgan Veranda Wrote:
> is really sad.

Just out of curiosity what possible reason could have for caring where someone you aren't close to lives? In an area where about 50% of all housing available is townhouses.

Posted by: Donny N ()
Date: February 28, 2019 03:36PM

I moved out of my Centreville townhouse for one reason - parking wars and predatory towing. One time when my wife was sick we had a nurse coming over and her car got towed twice. People would park in my spot and I had them towed then they returned to slash two of my tires. I just got tired of that shit.
Even a townhouse with a garage and driveway you are constantly shuffling the cars around. It is so nice to have my own four car driveway and available street parking for visitors.

Posted by: UTBJX ()
Date: February 28, 2019 04:28PM

Morgan Veranda Wrote:
> is really sad.

I realize this is difficult to comprehend for someone like you, but quite a few people are very comfortable living in a home that fits their style. That's anything from a studio loft, a condo, townhouse, duplex, or detached house. Then there are people like you who are jealous because you still live in you moms basement.

Posted by: Townhouse ()
Date: February 28, 2019 06:23PM

Well if you live in one of those 750k townhouses close to amenities or basically you me that has a two car garage I would not consider you a loser

Posted by: 3FB33 ()
Date: February 28, 2019 08:47PM

* Major hiring of new ICE agents.
* All 3rd world illegals removed from Fairfax County. If not believe a problem, visit many FCPS schools.
* Less traffic, less demand for housing.
* Housing prices go down. More affordable houses and housing for legal US citizens here of all adult ages.

* Otherwise, get as far away from Northern Virginia as possible to a more rural area. Personal plans to do that after much older relative caring for in No. VA here in 80s passes away.
* There is such a place which I have visited, nearly all people there speak English, little traffic or stop lights, less stress, people care for each other like family similar to Andy Griffith Mayberry, and not care so much about materialism and cultural enrichment.

Posted by: Long Time Resident ()
Date: February 28, 2019 09:24PM

Have lived here in Fairfax County since elementary school days in the early 1970s, escaping Fort Belvoir/Richmond Highway area to Annandale in the early 1980s, escaping Annandale and moving to western Fairfax County in the late 1990s.

In the early 1970s, could buy a modest split level house for around $40,000 and 2-bedroom apartment rent was around $250. That was before in many households, the husband was the sole breadwinner and the wife stayed at home. Also in the late 1970s, the Vietnam War boat people came, and steady flow of immigrants from many places around the world, both legal and illegal, outside of western Europe since.

So above increased housing demand, and house builders and landlords could see with households with increased income and increased number of households with immigrants, they could command a higher price for their properties. Where living at now in a community with over 200 units, learned on the side, the owner is charging rent, the going rate, that is three times his monthly expenses on the property. Also add more public transportation outside of commuting rush hours in areas of the county, and those properties see increased demand including many immigrants not driving.

So to solve this problem of having enough houses for those say over 30, reduce demand by deporting illegal immigrants is a start. Also could go back where only one person in a household is allowed to work, so singles are more so on equal financial footing as married couples. This thinking is much a dream, but one can only dream anyway.

Posted by: Well If You Own Property ()
Date: February 28, 2019 11:21PM

Many acers with a big house you can post a sign on the entry gates stating if you can read it, your in range

Cliftonites know that sign. Id like such a sign, I just don't have the nerve to put one up LOL

If your in a condo as soon as the hood on your car pops open you've got a HOA ticket coming. Go ahead put those chairs in your snowy spots after you shoveled the spaces out of a 4 foot snow plow created drift, Were parking there anyway

Posted by: 15 Dollars An Hour ()
Date: February 28, 2019 11:23PM

And 6 more dollars an hour will go to the landlord...Me! LOL

Posted by: peasant spotted... ()
Date: March 01, 2019 01:49AM

Long Time Resident Wrote:
> Have lived here in Fairfax County since elementary
> school days in the early 1970s, escaping Fort
> Belvoir/Richmond Highway area to Annandale in the
> early 1980s, escaping Annandale and moving to
> western Fairfax County in the late 1990s.
>
> In the early 1970s, could buy a modest split level
> house for around $40,000 and 2-bedroom apartment
> rent was around $250. That was before in many
> households, the husband was the sole breadwinner
> and the wife stayed at home. Also in the late
> 1970s, the Vietnam War boat people came, and
> steady flow of immigrants from many places around
> the world, both legal and illegal, outside of
> western Europe since.
>
> So above increased housing demand, and house
> builders and landlords could see with households
> with increased income and increased number of
> households with immigrants, they could command a
> higher price for their properties. Where living
> at now in a community with over 200 units, learned
> on the side, the owner is charging rent, the going
> rate, that is three times his monthly expenses on
> the property. Also add more public transportation
> outside of commuting rush hours in areas of the
> county, and those properties see increased demand
> including many immigrants not driving.
>
> So to solve this problem of having enough houses
> for those say over 30, reduce demand by deporting
> illegal immigrants is a start. Also could go back
> where only one person in a household is allowed to
> work, so singles are more so on equal financial
> footing as married couples. This thinking is much
> a dream, but one can only dream anyway.

HAHAH YOU'RE POOR AF! But nooo blame it on someone else

Posted by: Long Time Resident ()
Date: March 01, 2019 02:45AM

Actually am in a quite well off community and can afford it.

Posted by: thread patrol ()
Date: March 01, 2019 07:02AM

Donny N Wrote:
> I moved out of my Centreville townhouse for one
> reason - parking wars and predatory towing. One
> time when my wife was sick we had a nurse coming
> over and her car got towed twice. People would
> park in my spot and I had them towed then they
> returned to slash two of my tires. I just got
> tired of that shit.
> Even a townhouse with a garage and driveway you
> are constantly shuffling the cars around. It is so
> nice to have my own four car driveway and
> available street parking for visitors.

Parking wars and predatory towing are two reasons not one dumbass.

Posted by: No, it's my ball ! ()
Date: March 01, 2019 07:09AM

Donny N Wrote:
> I moved out of my Centreville townhouse for one
> reason - parking wars and predatory towing. One
> time when my wife was sick we had a nurse coming
> over and her car got towed twice. People would
> park in my spot and I had them towed then they
> returned to slash two of my tires. I just got
> tired of that shit.
> Even a townhouse with a garage and driveway you
> are constantly shuffling the cars around. It is so
> nice to have my own four car driveway and
> available street parking for visitors.

Typical Fairfax County cry babies that never learned to play well with others in the sandbox.
Attachments:
crying-baby-girl.jpg

Posted by: Old.Town.4Evuh ()
Date: March 01, 2019 07:05PM

Sorry I'm late to the thread...I was just tying up my 53 footer over at the marina and then I stopped at the pub on my walk home. I had to complete a compression test on my 911 when my houseman handed me today's mail and I was pleased to see my 4 floor townhouse on the river was just reassessed at $1.285M...

Posted by: Thats Really Nice Pal ^^ ()
Date: March 01, 2019 09:50PM

That Obama care did not wipe out liability lawyers with tort reform LOL

Sure Ive seen the guy down there with his 2 door garage door open with the bikes on the wall, everyone has, he's a nice fellow and talks to people about 1/8 mile from Fishmarket and have seen the cars inside he works on as I walked by on the street , he's probably a surgeon and earned every penny he's got,

AND YOU ?

DAJAX ...Damm right I Have earned every penny. If you see a rough looking old man at Fishmarket who looks like a old piece of leather well put together, buy me a beer will you . I go there once every two years or so . I would be up Sat but too cold and rainy for the St Pats day parade I'll give you a free tip get the Cacciucco at Fishmarket , its very good, mine is too a copy of their real thing see my recipe here on FXU

http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/2/2498605/page-3.html
Attachments:
FishmarketsCacciucco.jpg

Date: March 01, 2019 09:52PM

FUCK TRUMP!!!!

Posted by: RE REX ()
Date: March 03, 2019 05:32AM

Old.Town.4Evuh Wrote:
> Sorry I'm late to the thread...I was just tying up
> my 53 footer over at the marina and then I stopped
> at the pub on my walk home. I had to complete a
> compression test on my 911 when my houseman handed
> me today's mail and I was pleased to see my 4
> floor townhouse on the river was just reassessed
> at $1.285M...

For that kind of money you could live somewhere decent.

Posted by: LOL, fucking peasant ()
Date: March 03, 2019 07:15AM

Old.Town.4Evuh Wrote:
> at $1.285M...

Why do you need to compression test your piece of shit 911 peasant??

My 991 is under factory warranty. Have a 992 in order. My Ferrari’s engine is always perfect. Ferrari is an engine company, so there engines are 100% perfectly made (unlike Porsche).

Posted by: funny thing about cars ()
Date: March 03, 2019 10:10AM

LOL, fucking peasant Wrote:
> Old.Town.4Evuh Wrote:
> -----
> > Sorry I'm late to the thread...I was just tying
> up
> > my 53 footer over at the marina and then I
> stopped
> > at the pub on my walk home. I had to complete a
> > compression test on my 911 when my houseman
> handed
> > me today's mail and I was pleased to see my 4
> > floor townhouse on the river was just
> reassessed
> > at $1.285M...
>
>
> Why do you need to compression test your piece of
> shit 911 peasant??
>
> My 991 is under factory warranty. Have a 992 in
> order. My Ferrari’s engine is always perfect.
> Ferrari is an engine company, so there engines are
> 100% perfectly made (unlike Porsche).

Yet neither one of you fuckwads can legally drive faster than 65 mph. Money well spent....

Posted by: Jeorge H Waters ()
Date: August 30, 2019 04:20PM

I myself don't live in a townhouse now but I see nothing bad at it. It can be more difficult because of the long distance from downtown but it's not a big problem. I myself prefer townhouses rather than, say, detached houses. Suburbia breeds numerous cars which makes cities car-oriented and it's awful. Moreover, there are problems with the electricity supply, sewerage. On this weblink you can see what is a composting toilet and how it works. It's spread widely in such houses. I see pros in it but I'd prefer a system which is connected to city sewers.

Posted by: NPC ()
Date: August 30, 2019 04:58PM

Attachments:
1567182702886.jpg

Posted by: Slacker ()
Date: August 30, 2019 05:19PM

I grew up in a single family house and bought a single family house, now I'm about over being Harry Homeowner. I just want to drink beer and play on my phone, do it yourself was great for my parents but I'm way to lazy.

Posted by: Niggers at fair chase ()
Date: August 31, 2019 07:32AM

Lots o niggers living in fair chase nowadays.
Dixie hill rd Apts must have income restrictions to let blacks n browns to loiter there.

Beware if you live in a $$$$ single family detached. Takes one shooting amongst these niggers to lower property values

Posted by: Mr sandman ()
Date: September 01, 2019 03:47AM

Make a plan... Wrote:
> Once you put down roots in this area, there's
> really not much point in ever leaving again. The
> amenities here are world-class. We have a
> beautiful landscape and a temperate four-season
> climate with low rates of natural disasters. And
> once you retire, the traffic that people so love
> to complain about simply doesn't matter anymore.
> The only real issue here is the cost-of-living, so
> save up those nickel snd dimes...
>
> For all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest
> are these: I couldn't afford it.

When your hour glass runs out, you can't buy more sand.... What a sad way to waste the prime of your life..

Posted by: firewall friend ()
Date: September 01, 2019 06:34AM

Townhouse people give up alot I think. Parking wars crime and noise seem to be the name of the game in the townhouse communities I have seen so far. Just people living right on top of each other. But if you have to live in this area and make less than 100k that's about all you can get is a townhouse.

Posted by: Townhouses $$$ ()
Date: September 01, 2019 09:53AM

firewall friend Wrote:
> Townhouse people give up alot I think. Parking
> wars crime and noise seem to be the name of the
> game in the townhouse communities I have seen so
> far. Just people living right on top of each
> other. But if you have to live in this area and
> make less than 100k that's about all you can get
> is a townhouse.

There are townhomes in the region that cost more than single family homes; it's all about age of construction, amenities, and location. A new townhome in downtown Fairfax can run $780k, where a 1960s single family home a mile away can be had for $600ish k.

SFH life agrees with me; I enjoy the yard work, gutter engineering, and ability to own a large dog. But for folks who prefer some ease of living, there are some f#cking nice townhomes out there.

Posted by: User of Rug Doctor ()
Date: September 01, 2019 10:06AM

I'm sitting in my townhouse with a boner.

Posted by: local 1 2 ()
Date: September 01, 2019 10:45AM

I bought a townhouse in 1993, it was a little better than renting an apartment but not much better. I suffered through townhouse living for about 8 years. Upgraded to a 1970s brick rambler that is nothing special but the big fenced yard and room to park four vehicles in the driveway and garage with more parking on the street greatly improved the quality of life. I feel sorry for townhouse people.

Posted by: Reginald Wentworth III ()
Date: September 01, 2019 02:25PM

Old.Town.4Evuh Wrote:
> at $1.285M...

Welcome to the Billionaires Boys Club, Fairfax, better known as Fairfax Underground. While we jolly joke each other, we all own several houses, live on 5 acre lots inside the beltway, have a beautiful wife, and two over accomplished kids. We make a lot of money, and inherited a lot of money.

We drive beautiful cars and have great credit scores.

With all this wonderfulness going on in our lives, we still find the time to come here and tell complete strangers what losers they are. We are very judgmental in that way.

So before I leave for the polo match to drink wine and talk Kafka with the others in my socio economic class, let me say "I am an anonymous poster here. I am better than you. I have more money and am better looking"

Re
Posted by: Functioning adult ()
Date: September 02, 2019 03:08PM

Real adults live in actual houses that they own. Kids live in condos and apartments. If you've got someone on the other side of the wall, you can't consider yourself a full-grown adult. Go buy a big-boy house.

Posted by: Pointer outer of things ()
Date: September 02, 2019 05:23PM

Morgan Veranda
A couple guys I work with are like over 40 and
they are still dealing with townhouse living. It
is really sad, but to raise their spirits, I suck
each of them off, one by one. It's the least I can do.

http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read.php?2,3075178,3075178,quote

Posted by: davedavedave. ()
Date: September 03, 2019 06:20AM

I bought my little townhouse in Centreville back in 1987 and now it's paid for and I am retired. Call me a lose all you want, I'm happy and comfortable.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.