HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Help Crowdfund GMU Volunteer Student EMS
Date: February 09, 2019 07:24PM

https://www.gofundme.com/manage/gmuems

My name is Joshua.

I, along with some other students, am building George Mason University's first student-driven emergency medical response ambulance service.

I need funding to:

1) Purchase 1-2 Class I or III Ambulances either new or used, equip them to meet VA OEMS standards and integrate them into City of Fairfax FD's and Fairfax County's communication systems.

2) Purchase an additional Ford Utility, Jeep, or UTV for athletic events, dorm responses, and Eagle Bank Arena staffing.

3) To design and purchase logos, computers, uniforms, and medical equipment for student EMT-Bs.

4) To organize and ensure the longevity and legitimacy of GMU EMS as an organization, acquiring the assistance of trained paramedics, a medical director, and any other experts that may help our organization grow.

The Story:

I am a proud alumni of George Mason University and a volunteer EMT in Virginia. I am preparing for the MCAT and taking remaining requirements so I can apply to medical school for the Fall of 2020 or 2021.

When I was at Georgetown University for graduate school, I trained with their famous GERMS, a student EMS organization that works to respond to emergencies around Georgetown and other parts of Northwest Washington in conjunction with DCFD and MedStar Hospital.

My dream is to become an emergency physician or an officer for Air Force PJs or Navy SARCs. While I prepare for medical school, I intend to continue my work in emergency services.

George Mason is growing. With two new campuses coming soon, mandatory freshman residence and increased annual attendance, Mason more than ever before, is becoming a cultural powerhouse and academic heavyweight within the sphere of DMV and Virginia colleges.

Georgetown, UC Davis, VT, GW, Duke, UVA, and many other great institutions have EMS systems operated by students. When you go to college, you live and work in the community with those around you. GMU students have a passion for public service, emergency response, and public service.

GMU neighbors two major county training centers, two hospitals, several high and middle schools, and large zones of residential neighborhoods. Giving the experience of helping with medical transport and first response, as well as the experience of the local event and sports staffing will enrich the GMU EMS Volunteer's academic experience as well as school spirit.

While I am in the initial stages of incorporating this organization as a student interest group, the complex and expensive nature of a student volunteer EMS organization will require capital for the training of those without NREMT certifications, as well as uniforms and equipment. In April, we plan to have a sizable group of students to launch with a "golf cart and desk model." Given the over 35,000 students that attend daily, our numbers will grow.

Disclosure: I have not yet been sanctioned for formal operation by the City of Fairfax or VAOEMS. We are currently a student group that is recruiting but our unique nature requires early planning and building before we are a University organization. I have been encouraged by the Office of the President to fundraise while I recruit students.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Help Crowdfund GMU Volunteer Student EMS
Posted by: Inquisitive One ()
Date: February 09, 2019 08:28PM

You have described your desire to establish the service but documented no need for the service. Why is the current service to GMU inadequate?

Posted by: GMU Volunteer Student EMS ()
Date: February 09, 2019 10:26PM

Great question!

While the City of Fairfax has excellent response times for Mason's current size and scope... empowering Mason students to handle their responses both enhances CFFD response capability but also allows NREMT-certified Mason students (including Nursing students) to take part in every day regular calls on campus, including epi-pen assistance, sports injuries, emergencies with elder tenured faculty, drunkenness, etc. Mason's imminent growth will bring more residential students and events to the campus, necessitating more on-hand staffing. While I'm sure the City can do an adequate job... the same could've been questioned about GERMS today. Is it necessary? Maybe not, but why say no to more manpower? Why say no to dramatically reducing the response time on campus? Every. Second. Counts. Why say no to engaging skilled students and those eager to learn about the field? Why say no to engaging NoVa college students in a character-shaping act of community service? Why not engage students who'd normally be uninvolved because Mason currently doesn't offer anything in this category. ($5/hour lifeguarding in the AFC doesn't count.) Mason's police cadet program has a significant student engagement already, why shouldn't this expand to a medical and rescue capacity?

GeorgetownERMS redefined volunteer EMS in college and on the east coast. That was 1983. Mason can do better. GW Medical Associates stopped teaching their wildnerness EMT and Paramedic courses because they couldn't get anyone to sign up + couldn't provide internship hours to complete these certifications. Mason has the infrastructure in the County and in the City to form partnerships or start their own NREMT -B and -P courses, and more.

This increases Mason's public image and 'collegiate vibes' throughout the City.

To Sum, the Potential Benefits for Mason's Community:

*Students invovled in community service.
*Camaraderie-building and school-spirit building training drills amongst memebers, as in GERMS.
*EMT-B training for Mason Police Cadets
*CPR, BLS, and EMR training for faculty and resident (RAs)
*School of Nursing has a bridge-to-paramedic capability.
*Increased response time and security on campus.
*Mason Police are better able to establish the medical side of incident command before takeover by the City of Fairfax Police and Fire.
*(Student) Employment + reciprocity for fire-trained and NREMT-trained students who are do this when in their home states or not at school.
*Enhanced Events and Sports Staffing (and Block Parties)
*Enhanced city response time to traffic and medical incidents on Braddock, Lee Hwy, local neighborhoods, shopping centers…
*Increased presence of Mason imagery and branding in the local community (ENHANCE SCHOOL PRIDE)
*Strong recruiting pull for DMV/VA Fire Departments, Local EMS Agencies, and graduate programs in Emergency Services (ex. Georgetown’s e.Ms Emergency & Disaster Management) These programs love students with previous first response experience. Also, pre-meds!
*Potential for extracurricular hours for Nursing students
*Paid ‘Standbys’
*Potential Formation of EMS course code // program at GMU

Date: February 09, 2019 10:29PM

Also... have you driven up University Drive into Mason Pond or Patriot Circle during rush hour? Even for an ambulance breaking past the choke point of all the commuting students' cars is a feat!

Posted by: Matt35va ()
Date: February 10, 2019 08:56AM

I'm a navy vet and was a diesel engine mechanic and would like to offer my skills helping upkeep ur vehicles I have my own tools and a garage.l

Date: February 10, 2019 02:19PM

That's fantastic!! Thank you so much; When we obtain an apparatus or a vehicle I will update you. Thanks, Matt.

Posted by: Low tier school ()
Date: February 10, 2019 08:50PM

Low ranked school full of idiot kids.
Giving them the ability to treat someone is not a good thing.
GMU= nvcc with a basketball team

Posted by: Food for thought ()
Date: February 10, 2019 09:11PM

Matt35va Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm a navy vet and was a diesel engine mechanic
> and would like to offer my skills helping upkeep
> ur vehicles I have my own tools and a garage.l

Hope you have good insurance and very deep pockets. When one of those ambulances you service breaks down while transporting someone and they die, you can and will be sued. Do not enter any agreement with these idiots before consulting an attorney. This entire "idea" is a train wreck waiting to happen.

Posted by: BMHGY ()
Date: February 10, 2019 09:11PM

This type of service is not unusual at different colleges and Universities across the country. As the OP described, it is hard to get the services up and going due to capital expenses. Often fund raising and donations are required.

It really helps with the campus response time and is a great added assest for sporting events and large venue things like at the Patriot Center or what ever it may be called at this moment.

It is actually a great benefit for the community because it off loads calls that could otherwise be for Fairfax City and Fairfax County. Often many of the college related calls are for excessive alcohol consumption, some sort of flu, fever, food poisoning, broken bones and sprains from Inter mural sports, or just falling down or from students doing stupid student things especially on Fri and Sat nights.

Students working these services often can use this as credit toward specific degrees or certificates and I also think serving time on this type of Ambulance crew can also go toward Paramedic training and certification.

So at the end of the day it is actually a Win-Win for the school, students and local community.

I hope the OP and anyone else involved can work to get funding and equipment. They should also contact FFX County Fire Dept and find out what they do with their older Ambulances so they find out if one can be donated or purchased when it is is retired. They could also see if any of the private Ambulance Transport companies can assist with the purchase of a used Private Transport unit if it meets the requirements.

Then work with some of the local companies to see if they would donate paint and graphics, tire and brake work etc. The University could then possibly thank supports in documents, graduation programs and even on displays at the Arenas around campus.

Date: February 11, 2019 02:48AM

I won't deny the low-ranking or the idiots part, but that was hurtful.

In order to legally treat anyone as an EMT, you have to pass a battery of training hours and the NREMT, which is no joke. So not just any idiot can stop a bleed or perform CPR. How is that not a good thing to teach and certify anyone to perform life-saving skills? I don't think you'll care how 'smart' a first-responder is when they save your life.

Mason may have been NVCC 2.0 for many of the locals who begrudgingly transferred there... but outside of the DMV, it is a world-class school non-VA natives work their assess off to get accepted into. It's becoming a very prestigious institution, if not already. Sure, they're not an Ivy, and their branding is a little bit campy... but don't underestimate the money Mason is pouring into infrastructure and academics.

I think if you want to bash Mason, go ahead, but post it on your own "local college is shit cuz I said so" forum. Thanks. - idiot who graduated from Mason.

Date: February 11, 2019 02:55AM

@BMHGY

This is exactly what I'm saying! Thank you!

Unfortunately, as small governments go, everyone wants to pocket some cash. It would be a PR stunt or a favor is another Dept. gave us a used engine. Very rare but possible occurrence. I was told by the Office that the costs 'quoted by XXXX dept. were very high, they think it's too expensive.' A brand-new BTO 2018 ambulance can cost well over $85k-95k with the bells and whistles but you can get something just as effective and safe for $45k from another dept. or medical transport on online forums and marketplaces. I'm sure that GMU EMS wouldn't need to spend *that much.* It's just the fact that there's a lot of establishment with pride on the line. The University- any university- wants to spend as little money as possible, so this venture is in danger of fizzling out if there is not attentive recruiting and fundraising. Once we produce momentum, we show ROI, and then the University will be more inclined to officiate us.

Date: February 11, 2019 02:59AM

@Food for Thought.

Wise. However, that's not saying our Navy friend isn't certified by VADOT and ASE for Diesel work and operates a licensed business. Maybe he does?

I'm aware of these technicalities, but I appreciate both your caution and Matt's enthusiasm (and service.) I will legally and safely collaborate with stakeholders who share my vision.

Posted by: Quite Disgusted ()
Date: February 11, 2019 03:03AM

Low tier school Wrote:
> Low ranked school full of idiot kids.
> Giving them the ability to treat someone is not a
> good thing.
> GMU= nvcc with a basketball team

You are a real shitstain offering nothing positive or useful for anyone.

Posted by: Malcolm Xtra Black ()
Date: February 11, 2019 08:27AM

It's not as simple as getting a rig and getting a few people certified.

You need to become accredited, pass state OEMS inspections and establish mutual aid agreements with surrounding jurisdictions. The unions will drag their feet as reduced call volume cuts into their FTE counts - in other words food taken out of a union brothers mouth.

People that have an issue on/near campus are going to call 911. Until all the boxes are checked, PSCC will not include your unit in any dispatch protocol. Then there's receiving facility arrangements and a whole host of other logistical considerations.

Date: February 11, 2019 11:20AM

I know fully well it’s not turn key and there’s a lot of paperwork to do, as I’ve mentioned OEMS in my OP.

Like GERMS, we would operate as a BLS only unit with some ALS support. We will have no fire or rescue capability. This is typical of college VEMS, were here to take care of the BS calls that I don’t think the City FD would enjoy giving resources to.

The Union thing is an interesting take I appreciate. I think our county is busy enough that it wouldn’t take any meaningful calls out of their FTE counts. If you sit at a coffee shop near University drive. (deClieu off of Main,) there are Fire and ALS and command units running up and down 236 and 123 every 5-10 mins. It’s a busy city. Very few of them go into campus, that I’ve seen.

I think also this creates a very good mentorship and recruiting potential between City Fire, County Fire, and our student EMTs. I’m sure that students who want to do Fire and Rescue work will volunteer in adjacent agencies when they meet representatives and dip their feet into EMS world.

It sounds like you have some experience... are you a current Career or Volunteer?

Posted by: JCKHN ()
Date: February 11, 2019 12:22PM

FYI, I have a friend that is working on getting his EMT Certification. Turns out FFX Fire was difficult to get the hours and support/sponsorship.

So he has a house about 2 hours outside of the Fairfax area and found that the local Fire/Rescue Dept in this area is more than happy to have him work, providing hours and sponsorship for the EMT program.

Not sure if people are knocking down the door for EMT positions in FFX City/County?? But this is one way to get this done outside of the area if you need hours/sponsorship.

Date: February 11, 2019 12:57PM

Most FD departments in the DMV have phased out EMT-only members. DMV Department’s prefer only hiring or taking on members who are serving as both Fire and EMS.

Arlington froze their volunteer system. DC doesn’t do volunteers at all.

However there are plenty of township and private volunteer houses who still take EMT only volunteers. However there’s a shift to make sure that members are EMS and Fire... something that’s driving EMTs away who don’t have interest or time in going through Fire School. Glen Echo and Cherrydale are examples of other stations that still happily take EMT only people, but request they take other duties in running the station, admin work, and fundraising.

Fairfax’s 12-department volunteer system is one of the few left that take EMT only volunteers but they put a lot of pressure to only take volunteers who already have their NREMTs. They’d prefer to fill their EMT classes at the academy (Volunteer and Career-we’re an integrated system) with Fire cadets.

This won’t be an issue for GMU EMS because we are not (yet) establishing a Volunteer Fire Dept. We are forming a BLS squad that uses ambulances, and are uninvolved in Suppression. There are plenty of resources that are VAOEMS approved, mostly private, for supplementing training hours—both online, with some local companies, and within NVCCs Medical building.

Posted by: reading readerer ()
Date: February 11, 2019 03:31PM

Can you post the breakdown of the costs and the total funding requested for the proposal... that info is presumably attainable by creating a GoFundMe account but not visible unless registered there.

Someone already posted an integration question... is the effort's concept supported by Fairfax County Fire and Rescue at this time? If this is a concept they are not currently on record as supporting, that is a big factor in launching the effort.

Another issue is Fairfax almost always sends a truck or other unit with a medic, I'm wondering if they'll be okay dispatching a single medic unit as a matter of practice with GMU.

The idea is great and I applaud the nobility of it, and I'm wondering if an alternative approach can be raising money to purchase equipment in order to make possible a peer training arrangement between GMU and Fairfax Fire and Rescue. Would that not accomplish the same things without the severe roadblocks of creating an independent entity? Something along the lines of the FCPD auxiliary program, where GMU students and staff can get training, ride-along experience, etc with a medic unit run by Fairfax County Fire and Rescue but prioritized (or dedicated) to GMU.

Posted by: wah t46 ()
Date: February 11, 2019 03:38PM

GMU Volunteer Student EMS Wrote:
> GMU
> students have a passion for public service,
> emergency response, and public service.

if dat is true then take down da sign on braddok road, i cant see the road well when driving past it at night cuz its 2 brite

Date: February 11, 2019 04:25PM

Yes I saw my typo haha... there’s no edit function here.

Not sure I understand your humor, though.

That Big Ass LED sign??

Date: February 11, 2019 04:36PM

reading readerer Wrote:
> Can you post the breakdown of the costs and the
> total funding requested for the proposal... that
> info is presumably attainable by creating a
> GoFundMe account but not visible unless registered
> there.
>
> Someone already posted an integration question...
> is the effort's concept supported by Fairfax
> County Fire and Rescue at this time? If this is a
> concept they are not currently on record as
> supporting, that is a big factor in launching the
> effort.
>
> Another issue is Fairfax almost always sends a
> truck or other unit with a medic, I'm wondering if
> they'll be okay dispatching a single medic unit as
> a matter of practice with GMU.
>
> The idea is great and I applaud the nobility of
> it, and I'm wondering if an alternative approach
> can be raising money to purchase equipment in
> order to make possible a peer training arrangement
> between GMU and Fairfax Fire and Rescue. Would
> that not accomplish the same things without the
> severe roadblocks of creating an independent
> entity? Something along the lines of the FCPD
> auxiliary program, where GMU students and staff
> can get training, ride-along experience, etc with
> a medic unit run by Fairfax County Fire and Rescue
> but prioritized (or dedicated) to GMU.

These are excellent questions I’ll take some time to think about. I have to reach out to the volunteer liaison for clarification. Masons Police Cadets have the same sort of function as Aux for FXCPD, but often times they share traffic control duty with City cops and County cops since Braddock puts the county line right next to campus. My psychologist pays taxes in Fairfax County for his business that’s registered in the City. City of Fairfax FD was part of Fairfax County FRD until very recently. There’s a hole in our 400-code station numbers because of the departure of Station 3/33 in 1961 with the establishment of the City as independent. However 3/33 responds to County and City calls due to proximity and protocol. The seat of the government of the county is in the city. They are but aren’t separate entities.

Point is, while FXCO FRD would possibly be delighted to help administrate and train GMU EMS, they’d be doing it on FXCity FRD turf. I’d need a join effort from both, or some sort of mutual aid agreement.

Date: February 11, 2019 04:49PM

If I’m kosher about ordering an ambulance through a builder, I could be spending near $80k.

If I’m frugal I could repurpose an older rig that passes VDOT/VAOEMS inspection and is repainted and equipped for PSCC comms. Off the top off my head, a DCFD F350 Type I is floating around Facebook with 80k miles on the clock for nearly $10k. I could buy even a 2006 F350 private transport that sat in a garage with 18k miles for $25k. It all depends.

I could even buy an Econoline Med Transport for $30k, it won’t be new. I might need to change the color of the lights to be in code.

The rest of the exepenses go towards uniforms, oxygen, medical supplies, computers, maintenance, registrations, office supplies, possible training scholarships for an NREMT course. Well take whatever we can get. I’m even considering asking the local ChicFla locations to sponsor us.

Posted by: Bill1995 ()
Date: February 11, 2019 05:31PM

Low tier school Wrote:
> Low ranked school full of idiot kids.
> Giving them the ability to treat someone is not a
> good thing.
> GMU= nvcc with a basketball team

NVCC has a basketball team too! I saw them playing once on the NVCC channel.

Posted by: su ()
Date: February 11, 2019 08:28PM

step out of the 80's. mason has endowments, partnerships, and top notch adjunct professors. most creeps attended uva.

Posted by: fire fighter paragod ()
Date: February 11, 2019 10:34PM

Service to that area is fine as-is.

You aren't factoring insurance, agency specific training, where to store/base all of this apparatus etc.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: February 12, 2019 07:45AM

fire fighter paragod Wrote:
> Service to that area is fine as-is.
>
> You aren't factoring insurance, agency specific
> training, where to store/base all of this
> apparatus etc.

10K for a rig? Fine, but your defibrillator alone will likely be twice that.

Posted by: Bumper cars ()
Date: February 12, 2019 05:34PM

Back on top

Date: February 12, 2019 06:06PM

Ken and Paragod;

Aware and have alluded to all of this; problem is getting Mason and the City of to give us blessing and funding to operate past the point of setting it up.

It’s my responsibility to assemble currently certified students and crowdfund a vehicle and uniforms. We can operate as a student group on campus out of pocket. However we cannot transport anyone out of campus.

Once the university sees this has potential and momentum, they’ll help me work with the City Fire Dept. to “deputize” our unit into the system surrounding the campus, as well as give us appropriate funding to continue existing.

Date: February 12, 2019 06:12PM

Hell I’ll even pay for a student parking permit for the garage to store the thing.

Date: February 12, 2019 06:14PM

Basically the response I got from Masons leadership:

Convince us it’s worthwhile… Make it happen and then we’ll help you.

Posted by: Huh??? ()
Date: February 12, 2019 06:40PM

> Basically the response I got from Masons
> leadership:
>
> Convince us it’s worthwhile… Make it happen
> and then we’ll help you.

Isn't that like the County saying "build your new house to completion, then we will inspect it and tell you whether or not you need to tear it down"?

Appreciate your tenacity and drive, but you just need to quit while you are ahead and focus on getting yourself prepared for the reality of life beyond being a student at George Mason.

Posted by: Mason Student ()
Date: February 12, 2019 10:50PM

I’m a current Mason student, first year here. At the beginning of the year I thought that we really need a on campus EMS squad like Georgetown and GWU. Sure the call numbers drop some after the first few weeks (first few weeks super high bc of new kids drinking too much) but there’s still multiple calls per day. I’ve seen units roll here from Annandale and Merrifeld because they were the closest EMS available. Having an on-campus EMS squad would be greatly beneficial. Josh, I’ll contact you via gofundme so we can discuss more but a couple things:

I have graphic design and PR experience and would be glad to help work on stuff to get everything up and running on multiple fronts.

I’m not NREMT certified but would be glad to at some point.

You’re working through Cabrera’s office, have you also tried with student gov? It may seem not worthwhile since you’re already working with Cabrera, but student gov could also help get the ball rolling. I’ve got contacts there if you need me to work them.

Date: February 13, 2019 12:01AM

@huh. I appreciate you wanting me to not waste time! I don’t know if you read the whole thing... I have my masters now, this is a passion project I’ve committed to while I apply and wait for the Fall of 2020 (medical school.) I’m determined to kickstart this before I dive into my next thing. :)

@Mason Student

get registered for a weekend class if you can!! they usually take about 4 months at that pace... there’s a list of approved VADOH vendors for NREMT training (you get VA license right off the bat)

If you register for a night or weekend class at Georgetown or GW, you’ll have to send your NREMT immediately to VAOEMS to get a copy of your Va Reciprocity.

I responded to your Facebook? message. I’d love to get coffee with you and get you involved. Cabrera’s office HAS sent me to student Organizations. That’s where you come in—-I need names on a list!

Posted by: Oldtimer ()
Date: February 13, 2019 12:10AM

Dude you are going about this all wrong. A few years ago I was a part of a group that tried this, and the leadership wanted a fully stocked ambo right away. Its impossible to hit the ground running like that, you need to build up your credibility and start small.

GMU has tons of golf carts. Collaborate with GMUPD, get a BLS bag, and respond to calls on campus just to provide medical assistance until FD gets there. You dont even need a radio or agreement with PSTOC. Just listen to the Fairfax Fire/Police radio online. Trust me dude, if you dont listen to my advice you WILL fail, just like others who hahe attempted this before.

Date: February 13, 2019 12:18AM

@OldTimer

From the bottom of my heart: Thank You.

This reminds me of the "Golf Cart and Desk" model GERMS started with at Georgetown.

Just aiming for the stars! I will keep this in mind and I appreciate your voice of caution.

Do you know where we can get cheap and good quality BLS bags?

Date: February 13, 2019 12:19AM

And/or a digital radio scanner that doesn't need to be whacked every 10 seconds to work.

RIP radioshack

Date: February 13, 2019 12:31AM

No problem man, I want you all to succeed for real. The way you are going about it is admirable, and is the exact way we went about it a few years ago. This is the exact reason we failed. I was the only "voice of reason" telling everyone to slow down, and start with the golf carts. This is coming from someone with 6.5 years of EMS experience and Emergency Managenent experience too. Rome was not built in one day.

As far as BLS bags, honestly you can find good ones on Amazon and stock it up with BLS equipment (trauma pads, TQ's, pulse ox, BP cuffs, etc) for way cheaper than buying an ambo. There are some online that even come fully stocked so you just gotta get replacement gauze pads and bandaid and shit like that.

Date: February 13, 2019 01:15AM

I would be honored if you’d be willing to be one of our alumni advisors once we’ve been activated as a student club.

Date: February 13, 2019 07:27AM

That would be awesome, I'll get in contact with you through the GoFundMe page

Posted by: Derek N ()
Date: February 13, 2019 08:58AM

Your interest and willingness are admirable, but you are all putting yourselves at significant risk and liability.

F&R depts in this area operate at the authority of their municipality. EMS units - as part of those departments and stations - fall under OEMS and individuals must operate under the license of the local OMD.

This is not the 1950's. To grab a scanner and squirrel calls ahead of a responding (authorized) unit is a recipe for disaster. If GMU will authorize this kind of activity for on campus calls, that's their right but their attorneys likely know better than to expose the university unnecessarily.

EMS calls are sometimes going to go bad - sometimes very very bad. If I'm a medic operating on a F&R unit and the patient decides to sue everyone, the county deals with that and talks to me about my performance on that call. If I'm just out there on my own and I roll up on something and do some patient care, I am protected under good samaritan statutes in VA. If I am systemically running calls and treating people, the good samaritan laws likely don't apply since the patient contact is not "incidental".

I know for a fact several localities pay a solid 7 figures in settlements on a regular basis in this area. You think your student debt is bad now...

Posted by: GMU = saps with student loans ()
Date: February 13, 2019 01:36PM

If ffx co keeps going in the direction it is going, all their calls will be for Narcan.

Keep voting democrat.

Keep patronizing the Sackler Gallery.

Keep a syringe of Narcan for your child that majored in “Women’s Studies.”

Date: February 13, 2019 07:39PM

why

Posted by: tick tock tick tock ()
Date: February 13, 2019 09:56PM

Time to let this thread fade away into the pages of obscurity. Find another outlet for your little pet project.

Posted by: GMU Volunteer EMS ()
Date: February 14, 2019 12:43AM

Is there some reason you felt the need to say that? I really don’t get the animosity here at all.

Posted by: GMU paramedickkkks ()
Date: February 14, 2019 06:15AM

GMU is only on the map bc 5 niggers took a round ball to a tournament.

Then, all the alumni started reaching in their pockets.

When I see a GMU on a resumé, I compare it to an online MBA from Corinthian.

GMU was top dog in the mid 70’s and now it just has fancy buildings yet empty headed graduates.

Date: February 14, 2019 02:12PM

That's funny... I don't feel empty-headed.

You might feel safe to talk like this with the anonymity this platform offers, but you shouldn't feel proud of it, either.
I came to this website because of the grassroots community building and collaboration it offers. When you write things like that, you're creating unnecessary division.

I come from a long line of blue-collar military (white) families (over four generations) and (brown) immigrants who worked their fingers to the bone building their fortune and citizenship.

My blood boils when the respect my fellow Amercians deserve mine fought and died for is carelessly tread upon by people like you who insist on using words their entire community has begged you for years to refrain from using.

Mason, as well as Georgetown, and UVA, and many other schools have tarnished histories and still blatantly racist practices that I will not deny. I'm sure investors still pour into schools like this because of sports. But it isn't the 70s anymore, and black people are more than just ball-players. GMU is more than a state feeder. Alumni like me are pouring into the school because we're giving back to an institution we believe should grow and change for the better.

If you like the way things are, then carry on. But don't post those words on my thread.

Posted by: Thread anarchy ()
Date: February 14, 2019 03:41PM

Is this dude trying to start up Mother, Juggs and Speed or run for President?

Posted by: libtards united at school ()
Date: February 14, 2019 03:51PM

She's just got that brainwashed college libtard disease.

It's possible that getting out in the real world for a few decades, doing actual work in a real job and dealing with some real niggers and paying real taxes might cure it - but it doesn't work for everyone.

Posted by: Mason has too many blacks ()
Date: February 14, 2019 06:45PM

Mason has too many blacks-not even the ones that are good at basketball.....Donald Glover types.
Back in my day we called them “Oreos.”
Act like coons when around single, welfare moms, yet don a cardigan and quote Shakespeare when whiteys around.

Posted by: Drop dead nigger lover ()
Date: February 14, 2019 06:47PM

> That's funny... I don't feel empty-headed.
>
> You might feel safe to talk like this with the
> anonymity this platform offers, but you shouldn't
> feel proud of it, either.
> I came to this website because of the grassroots
> community building and collaboration it offers.
> When you write things like that, you're creating
> unnecessary division.
>
> I come from a long line of blue-collar military
> (white) families (over four generations) and
> (brown) immigrants who worked their fingers to the
> bone building their fortune and citizenship.
>
> My blood boils when the respect my fellow
> Amercians deserve mine fought and died for is
> carelessly tread upon by people like you who
> insist on using words their entire community has
> begged you for years to refrain from using.
>
> Mason, as well as Georgetown, and UVA, and many
> other schools have tarnished histories and still
> blatantly racist practices that I will not deny.
> I'm sure investors still pour into schools like
> this because of sports. But it isn't the 70s
> anymore, and black people are more than just
> ball-players. GMU is more than a state feeder.
> Alumni like me are pouring into the school because
> we're giving back to an institution we believe
> should grow and change for the better.
>
> If you like the way things are, then carry on. But
> don't post those words on my thread.

Typical liberal GMU retard ^^^^^^
“...MY thread.....”
Free speech as long as it is yours.

Enuf said.
“No” to EMS training. Let them overdose.

Posted by: Class of 2000 ()
Date: May 24, 2021 07:08PM

A.K.A. Turnpike Tech. If you can’t gain admittance to Virginia Tech, UVA, James Madison etc., you go to George Mason and pretend to the world that you like it.

Posted by: ExPat ()
Date: May 24, 2021 07:16PM

GMU is a safe school for many dim bulbs. It’s also the premier choice of brown skins from other countries. Library stinks of bad cologne and most female students are very wrapped up.

Posted by: Jantaray ()
Date: April 16, 2022 06:02PM

This is a very difficult and responsible job! Many students like me decide to devote all their time and energy to helping those in need. I got the idea when I came across this website, thekey.com. In hospitals and hospices it is not always possible to do without the help of volunteers, but if anyone can become an environmental volunteer, the field of health imposes certain restrictions. Medical volunteers have a serious training program, and each hospital enters into an agreement with its volunteers. Those who have or have had medical training and those without medical training can also volunteer in health care. Such people are more in demand. Help those in need!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2022 06:35PM by Jantaray.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.