HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous1234567891011All...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 18
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: DEMS = DIM WITS ()
Date: February 28, 2019 02:17PM

Jfjguig Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This is verifiable, why can’t you do the same?
>
> "During 2000--2002, the Task Force on Community
> Preventive Services (the Task Force), an
> independent nonfederal task force, conducted a
> systematic review of scientific evidence regarding
> the effectiveness of firearms laws in preventing
> violence, including violent crimes, suicide, and
> unintentional injury. The Task Force found
> insufficient evidence to determine the
> effectiveness of any of the firearm laws or
> combinations of laws reviewed on violent
> outcomes."
>
> https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/rr5214a2
> .htm

Because he’s a fucking DIM WIT. He has nothing but mindless blather. What do you expect from a lying DIM WIT?????

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: GUNS = LIFE ()
Date: February 28, 2019 02:18PM

CDC just published their new mortality numbers. Gun deaths are down to less than 6000 last year. google it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: GUNS = DEATH ()
Date: February 28, 2019 02:25PM

So if laws that existed 20 years ago did not do enough to dampen the carnage, we should just stop having laws at all? That’s somewhat thin.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: bullshit detector ()
Date: February 28, 2019 02:27PM

GUNS = DEATH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> DEMS = DIM WITS Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Says the fucking DIM WIT, that can’t even cite
> his source
> > or post a simple link. Keep posting DIM WIT, you
> make our
> > job easier.
>
> Nothing comes easy to those whose brains have
> become dinner for a colony of invading
> flesh-eating bacteria. Same folk who can sail
> right past a CDC link as easily as Wile E Coyote
> going over a cliff.

What link? I just reread this entire thread. You have posted exactly zero links or even mentioned a source. The links that have been posted on this thread all prove that you are lying. At this point it's obvious you know you are lying. What would a real statistician say about those facts?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: enforce them ()
Date: February 28, 2019 02:28PM

GUNS = DEATH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So if laws that existed 20 years ago did not do
> enough to dampen the carnage, we should just stop
> having laws at all? That’s somewhat thin.


The laws are fine, it's the enforcement that is off. Then again, hard to bring the enforcement numbers up when Obama let them crater to the lowest points of this century.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: GUNS = DEATH ()
Date: February 28, 2019 02:29PM

So you’re illiterate. Hardly news.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: UUDLP ()
Date: February 28, 2019 02:39PM

GUNS = DEATH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> pointer outer of bullshit Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > A real statistician reveals his methods and
> source
> > material. Perhaps you could explain once and
> for
> > all where this 40,000 number comes from.
>
> How many times do I have to tell you that it comes
> from the CDC. How many times will you then refuse
> to take ten seconds to look it up and instead come
> back here and post the same stupid question all
> over again?

So this is an obvious admission that you are no statistician. Anyone besides a brainwashed liberal would have a direct link to this magical stat at the CDC. Funny though, the search term "CDC 40,000 gun deaths" does NOT give a link to the CDC. It just shows links to stories from the anti freedom socialist DNC run media. One of those stories is from Time. Amazingly they actually admit %60 are suicides.

http://time.com/5479993/gun-deaths-us-cdc/

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: GUNS = DEATH ()
Date: February 28, 2019 02:57PM

Back to kindergarten —- Gun-related deaths include homicides, suicides, and accidental deaths.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: I found this! ()
Date: February 28, 2019 03:16PM

By using suicide rates as the search term, I found this.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/suicide.htm

per actual CDC numbers; 22,938 suicide deaths in 2017 by firearm. If someone is that intent on killing themselves, removing access to a gun will make zero difference. Add that to the 10,982 murders the FBI says were committed in 2017 with firearms and we get 33,920 firearm deaths in 2017. A real statistician knows hard data is always 18-24 months behind as it takes that long to accumulate the information. Odd how this falls short of the Everytown number of 100 per day, which equals 36,500 gun deaths a year. Not 40,000. Which begs the question yet again. What is the source for your information???

So 23,000 suicides, that best estimates are %95 would still happen without access to a gun. And 11,000 firearm murders. 33,000 is far less than the 40,000 automotive deaths every year. So there's that lie debunked. Of the 11,000 murders, it would be interesting to know how many would be prevented if the guns that were stolen from a parent were locked up in a safe. Mandating a gun safe is most likely the more effective way to go. Though I disagree with such a law because it is legislating common sense. It is a "gun law" I could support.

The bigger issue, which is being ignored, is what has happened to this country in the last 30-40 years where there is such a disregard for human life. My guess is liberalism. When I was in high school, every now and then there was a good old fashioned fist fight. It usually ended what ever the disagreement was. There was no threat, implied or otherwise, that a gun would become involved in such arguments. Even though a handful of us had guns in the cars on school property because we hunted at first light before going to school. The administration knew this, and the discussion never went beyond if we were eating Bambi for dinner that day. This was in ffx county too, and not that long ago. I'm sure libtardz would be astounded to learn NYC had a high school shooting league until 1969, where the kids brought their .22 rifles to school, via the subway, every day without incident. So what happened? Liberalism happened.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: Dipshit = Dem ()
Date: February 28, 2019 03:18PM

GUNS = DEATH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Back to kindergarten —- Gun-related deaths
> include homicides, suicides, and accidental
> deaths.


those three categories do not add up to 40,000

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: JCGLJ ()
Date: February 28, 2019 03:25PM

GUNS = DEATH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So if laws that existed 20 years ago did not do
> enough to dampen the carnage, we should just stop
> having laws at all? That’s somewhat thin.


After Sandy Hook a reporter responded to Biden when he was campaigning for more gun laws. The reporter told Biden we already have about 20,000 gun laws in this country(it is less now as out of date and redundant laws are eliminated). Bidens response was "we can't afford to enforce all those laws but we need more gun laws". This ladies and gentleman is the mind of the average liberal.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: GUNS = DEATH ()
Date: February 28, 2019 03:29PM

UUDLP Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Funny though, the search term "CDC 40,000 gun deaths" does NOT
> give a link to the CDC. It just shows links to stories from the
> anti freedom socialist DNC run media.

Do any of those commie sources provide links to the CDC data they are basing their reporting on? Did you click on any of those?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: GUNS = DEATH ()
Date: February 28, 2019 03:36PM

JCGLJ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> After Sandy Hook a reporter responded to Biden
> when he was campaigning for more gun laws. The
> reporter told Biden we already have about 20,000
> gun laws in this country(it is less now as out of
> date and redundant laws are eliminated). Bidens
> response was "we can't afford to enforce all those
> laws but we need more gun laws". This ladies and
> gentleman is the mind of the average liberal.

The mind of the right-wing is that 40,000 gun-related deaths per year is perfectly fine. No plans at all for finding means for harm-reduction.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: XNUPJ ()
Date: February 28, 2019 03:55PM

GUNS = DEATH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> UUDLP Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Funny though, the search term "CDC 40,000 gun
> deaths" does NOT
> > give a link to the CDC. It just shows links to
> stories from the
> > anti freedom socialist DNC run media.
>
> Do any of those commie sources provide links to
> the CDC data they are basing their reporting on?
> Did you click on any of those?


Do you always ignore the posts that prove you wrong?? Yes, yes you do. It is just more proof that you a full of shit brainwashed libtard.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: GUNS = DEATH ()
Date: February 28, 2019 04:03PM

None of them does that. They are all posted by low-grade intellectual midgets. Those I feel no need to reply to, except from time to time to laugh at the futility of their authors.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: DEJJC ()
Date: February 28, 2019 05:02PM

GUNS = DEATH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> None of them does that. They are all posted by
> low-grade intellectual midgets. Those I feel no
> need to reply to, except from time to time to
> laugh at the futility of their authors.


How would you know? You obviously ignore them. Ignoring facts just because someone with a different point of view presented them is beyond ignorant. There have been valid points raised that would lead to realistic solutions, but you've got your head shoved to far up your echo chamber to acknowledge it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: GUNS = DEATH ()
Date: February 28, 2019 05:11PM

Give it a rest. Neither “wrong” nor “stupid” is a point of view.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: AnthonyCumia ()
Date: February 28, 2019 05:30PM

.
Attachments:
victorias-secret.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: DEMS = DIM WITS ()
Date: February 28, 2019 05:52PM

GUNS = DEATH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Give it a rest. Neither “wrong” nor
> “stupid” is a point of view.


How can such a fucking DIM WIT like yourself function???? You’ve been constantly bested by your superiors, yet are too DIM WITTED to understand that. What a sad sad miserable existence you must have.

“Neither” and “nor” in the same sentence!!!! Idiot!!!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: GUNS = DEATH ()
Date: February 28, 2019 06:20PM

DEMS = DIM WITS Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How can such a fucking DIM WIT like yourself function????

I’m doing quite well, thank you.

> You’ve been constantly bested by your superiors, yet are
> too DIM WITTED to understand that.

I may have some superiors somewhere, but none of them is in here.

> What a sad sad mise existence you must have.

See the first above.

> “Neither” and “nor” in the same sentence!!!! Idiot!!!!!!

See a book on English grammar.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: YOU = YAWNER ()
Date: February 28, 2019 06:32PM

GUNS = DEATH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> YOU = YAWNER Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Your redundant bullshit is boring.
>
> I'm sure it would be to NRA trolls who want
> nothing to do with fact and reason to begin with.
> Be sure not to wear your seat-belt either.

You must have 'accidentally' left out the rest of the post that you quoted...

Here's the reality of your "40,000" "4X!" nonsense:

~2/3 are suicides which are N/A for the vast majority of people. No matter how many guns, belts, ropes, pills, or razor blades are present in their home, those not in higher risk groups have virtually zero risk of suicide to begin with and the presence of a gun in the home is trivially small in terms of increasing that risk. Gun laws are not an effective means of addressing suicide. Efforts directed toward mental health and substance abuse are.

Likewise, gun homicides are not evenly distributed across the population; rather, largely restricted to specific groups, behaviors, criminal activities, and mostly within relatively few, small, specific locations where such risks are concentrated. e.g.,

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/ng-interactive/2017/jan/09/special-report-fixing-gun-violence-in-america

None of these factors apply to the vast majority of people outside of those high risk groups/areas and their risk of ever being a homicide victim by any means are tiny to begin with and even lower involving firearms. Gun laws have little to no effect as far as the bulk of gun homicides.

Homicides associated with legal intervention and other justifiable uses are very few in number and typically do not affect the vast majority of people. Gun laws largely are N/A since by definition they are justified.

Accidental firearm deaths basically are at near a noise level these days, greatly reduced over the years primarily by safety campaigns vs gun laws.

In addition, only a smaller subset of these events happen in the home at all so they're N/A in terms of risk and exaggerated by intrusions and other events which cause some gun to be brought into and counted in "stats" when they're not related to someone maintaining a gun in their home in the usual sense.

Last, even accepting your dumb "4X!" bullshit the absolute risk of a gun in the home would be a difference on the order of ~0.000004 vs ~0.000001. Even lower for those where higher risk factors are not present to the point of being negligible and far lower than many other common and more realistic risks in the home.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: GUNS = DEATH ()
Date: February 28, 2019 07:22PM

I left out the rest of your earlier post because — like all of the above — it was worthless piffle not reflective of any actual facts.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: GUNS SAVE LIVES ()
Date: February 28, 2019 07:59PM

Guns Save Lives
2,500,000 a Year


208,333 Lives SAVED per Month
6,849 Lives SAVED per Day
285 Lives SAVED per Hour
5 Lives SAVED Every Minute

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: YOU = DENIAL OF CDC FACTS ()
Date: February 28, 2019 08:45PM

GUNS = DEATH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I left out the rest of your earlier post because
> — like all of the above — it was worthless
> piffle not reflective of any actual facts.

They are the actual facts from CDC.

Here they are again...



~2/3 are suicides which are N/A for the vast majority of people. No matter how many guns, belts, ropes, pills, or razor blades are present in their home, those not in higher risk groups have virtually zero risk of suicide to begin with and the presence of a gun in the home is trivially small in terms of increasing that risk. Gun laws are not an effective means of addressing suicide. Efforts directed toward mental health and substance abuse are.

Likewise, gun homicides are not evenly distributed across the population; rather, largely restricted to specific groups, behaviors, criminal activities, and mostly within relatively few, small, specific locations where such risks are concentrated. e.g.,

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/ng-interactive/2017/jan/09/special-report-fixing-gun-violence-in-america

None of these factors apply to the vast majority of people outside of those high risk groups/areas and their risk of ever being a homicide victim by any means are tiny to begin with and even lower involving firearms. Gun laws have little to no effect as far as the bulk of gun homicides.

Homicides associated with legal intervention and other justifiable uses are very few in number and typically do not affect the vast majority of people. Gun laws largely are N/A since by definition they are justified.

Accidental firearm deaths basically are at near a noise level these days, greatly reduced over the years primarily by safety campaigns vs gun laws.

In addition, only a smaller subset of these events happen in the home at all so they're N/A in terms of risk and exaggerated by intrusions and other events which cause some gun to be brought into and counted in "stats" when they're not related to someone maintaining a gun in their home in the usual sense.

Last, even accepting your dumb "4X!" bullshit the absolute risk of a gun in the home would be a difference on the order of ~0.000004 vs ~0.000001. Even lower for those where higher risk factors are not present to the point of being negligible and far lower than many other common and more realistic risks in the home.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: sgsdasd ()
Date: February 28, 2019 09:06PM

Seems pretty simple, why don't libturds get it?
Attachments:
1375793_599922053387371_1189772593_n.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: Stick ‘em Up ()
Date: February 28, 2019 09:18PM

sgsdasd Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Seems pretty simple, why don't libturds get it?


Stick figures? Still in kindergarten?
Attachments:
17D570BB-3B2A-434C-9E97-12AD98895471.jpeg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: dfhad ()
Date: February 28, 2019 09:35PM

Stick ‘em Up Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> sgsdasd Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Seems pretty simple, why don't libturds get it?
>
>
> Stick figures? Still in kindergarten?


Probably had to get to a level you idiot liberals can understand.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: comfortably numb ()
Date: February 28, 2019 10:31PM

dfhad Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Stick ‘em Up Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > sgsdasd Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > Seems pretty simple, why don't libturds get
> it?
> >
> >
> > Stick figures? Still in kindergarten?
>
>
> Probably had to get to a level you idiot liberals
> can understand.


Hmm, I thought when you go low, Liberals go high. Personally, I just stay high.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: GUNS SAVE LIVES ()
Date: March 01, 2019 11:36AM

Guns Save Lives
2,500,000 a Year


208,333 Lives SAVED per Month
6,849 Lives SAVED per Day
285 Lives SAVED per Hour
5 Lives SAVED Every Minute

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: GUNS = DEATH ()
Date: March 01, 2019 01:58PM

I heard a noise out in the garage. I grabbed my gun and went out to investigate, but I didn’t see anything.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: because you have alzheimers ()
Date: March 01, 2019 02:24PM

GUNS = DEATH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I heard a noise out in the garage. I grabbed my
> gun and went out to investigate, but I didn’t
> see anything.


Next time, put the gun in your mouth and pull the trigger. The world will be better off for it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: Ok and..... ()
Date: March 01, 2019 02:58PM

GUNS = DEATH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I heard a noise out in the garage. I grabbed my
> gun and went out to investigate, but I didn’t
> see anything.

What if the noise is a drugged out armed robber. Would you rather greet him armed or unarmed?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: never trust the word of a lib ()
Date: March 01, 2019 03:12PM

 
Attachments:
fake lynching gun control.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: GUNS = DEATH ()
Date: March 01, 2019 03:18PM

Clint Eastwood stuff just gets you killed, so confrontation is a bad idea. Get yourself a decent home security system. Safer and cheaper than guns, and so a better deal all around.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: bullshit spotter ()
Date: March 01, 2019 03:38PM

GUNS = DEATH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I left out the rest of your earlier post because
> — like all of the above — it was worthless
> piffle not reflective of any actual facts.


Speaking of actual facts, we are still wanting to know where a "statistician" gets this 40,000 number from. It's not at the CDC, and even the Bloomberg funded Everytown says it's only 36,500. You also have not posted any links to any source material. If you really want to win an a discussion you need to provide actual facts, as those that keep proving you wrong do.

So, post a link to your source, or be forever branded as a lying libtard asshat.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: GUNS = DEATH ()
Date: March 01, 2019 03:43PM

You can lead a dumbfuck horse to water, but...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: UNVDC ()
Date: March 01, 2019 03:47PM

but that dumdfuck horses ass still won't say where it gets this 40,000 number from

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: KCKDK ()
Date: March 01, 2019 03:48PM

..
Attachments:
image.jpeg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: Pesky Details ()
Date: March 01, 2019 04:08PM

bullshit spotter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> GUNS = DEATH Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I left out the rest of your earlier post
> because
> > — like all of the above — it was worthless
> > piffle not reflective of any actual facts.
>
>
> Speaking of actual facts, we are still wanting to
> know where a "statistician" gets this 40,000
> number from. It's not at the CDC, and even the
> Bloomberg funded Everytown says it's only 36,500.
> You also have not posted any links to any source
> material. If you really want to win an a
> discussion you need to provide actual facts, as
> those that keep proving you wrong do.
>
> So, post a link to your source, or be forever
> branded as a lying libtard asshat.


You can get near 40,000 but aggregate numbers like that are useless since they mask significant details which completely change the picture at levels below that. Suicides vs homicides, etc., concentration in very few locations which is N/A for others, significant differences by race, etc., etc. Which is why the "stats" parrot doesn't like to get into any details and sticks with squawking his dumb "4X!" nonsense over and over.

In particular for a typical person in Fairfax County the risk presented by a gun in the home or being a victim of firearms-involved suicide, homicide, or accident death is basically nonexistent.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: NNPHJ ()
Date: March 01, 2019 05:39PM

stats can be manipulated to show a great deal of things that aren't true. That's why I want to know exactly where this 40,000 number comes from. I mean other than D=D pulling it out of his ass. If you go to Everytown.org they say "100 deaths" a day. But this also the same group that had a Tzarnev brother on the list of gun victims a couple years ago.

http://www.startribune.com/tsarnaev-listed-as-gun-violence-victim-at-nh-rally/212345421/

Which is how they barely get to their 100 a day claim.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: C7UWP ()
Date: March 01, 2019 06:07PM

This you tube link is a video that explains how to diagram a sentance and the reason we have a 2nd amendment. It's long because history and teaching take a few minutes


https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rhBwHiLcTG8

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: The Facts ()
Date: March 01, 2019 07:46PM

In 1996, Australia Banned and Confiscated Nearly All Modern Firearms

According to data collected by the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare (AIHW):
In the 18 years before the gun ban (1978-1996) there was a total of 36,376 suicides for a mean rate of 12.24
In the 18 years after the gun ban (1997-2015) there was a total of 46,387 suicides for a mean rate of 12.67


Although the slight increase in the rate is statistically insignificant, there was 27.52% increase in the total number of suicides during the 18 years after the gun ban.

It is obvious the gun ban had no effect on suicides. Hangings merely replaced guns as the most common method of suicide.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: Pesky Details ()
Date: March 01, 2019 08:35PM

NNPHJ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> stats can be manipulated to show a great deal of
> things that aren't true. That's why I want to know
> exactly where this 40,000 number comes from. I
> mean other than D=D pulling it out of his ass. If
> you go to Everytown.org they say "100 deaths" a
> day. But this also the same group that had a
> Tzarnev brother on the list of gun victims a
> couple years ago.
>
> http://www.startribune.com/tsarnaev-listed-as-gun-
> violence-victim-at-nh-rally/212345421/
>
> Which is how they barely get to their 100 a day
> claim.


Well, it is a death so it counts. But serves as an example of why aggregate stats like that largely are worthless.

CDC data vary somewhat at the margins depending on which specific source but not significantly. 2017 numbers from WONDER (latest final numbers available) are 39,836 total.

That breaks down as follows:

Category / # / Age-adjusted rate / %

Intentional self-harm (suicide) by discharge of firearms 23,854 6.9 60%
Assault (homicide) by discharge of firearms 14,542 4.6 37%
Accidental discharge of firearms 486 0.2 1%
Legal intervention 616 0.2 1.5%
Discharge of firearms, undetermined intent 338 0.1 <1%

Blabblering about 40,000 deaths and "4X!" nonsense tells you nothing. It's like presenting cancer mortality numbers without noting distinctions in types, between male/female, smokers vs non, etc. They way that it's typically done is to reference 40,000 deaths!!! to make the numbers appear as large as possible as dumbshit here does and then launch into some emotional blather about a gun in the home or accidental shootings of children which are entirely unrelated to 99% of the total. Even within the groupings above there are significant distinctions by location, race, sex, etc., that make them N/A other than where they may apply more directly. e.g., Not distinguishing that stats for children killed mostly all are black male "children" aged 15-19 involved in gang and other criminal activity shooting each other in a very few neighborhoods in certain urban locations.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: The Facts ()
Date: March 01, 2019 09:48PM

Over the last 30 years, gun owners have made significant progress in having their right to carry firearms for their own defense. In 1986 the majority of the country had no-issue or may-issue statues (you have to give a reason why you need to carry concealed).
Now in 2019, Kentucky is about to become the 16th state with unrestricted concealed carry and the vast majority of the country is shall-issue (the state has to prove why you shouldn't carry), except for the most rabid Dem controlled states.
What is the result of all these people carrying? Lower Violent Crime rates, except for the most rabid Dem controlled areas.

http://www.gun-nuttery.com/rtc.php

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Date: March 01, 2019 09:53PM

FUCK KKK GUN OWNERS!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: Most Interesting ()
Date: March 02, 2019 08:50AM

Ss, according to the CDC, gun-control has no effect on reducing violence.

According to the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare, gun bans have no effect on reducing suicides.

So why would an intelligent person even consider more gun-control?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: GUNS = DEATH ()
Date: March 02, 2019 10:20AM

Pesky Details Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> CDC data vary somewhat at the margins depending on which specific
> source but not significantly. 2017 numbers from WONDER (latest final
> numbers available) are 39,836 total.

Close, but congratulations anyway on at least becoming the first to find the actual CDC data. These fumbling Peanut Gallery pop-gunners had been reduced to insisting that the data must not exist.

To summarize the most recent CDC data for firearm deaths by intent for 2017...

Suicide ------ 23,854
Homicide ---- 14,542
Legal/War ------ 553
Accidental ------ 486
Undetermined --- 338

TOTAL ------ 39,773

These are the source from which the great flotilla of references cited above took their data

> Blabbering about 40,000 deaths and "4X!" nonsense
> tells you nothing. It's like presenting cancer
> mortality numbers without noting distinctions in
> types, between male/female, smokers vs non, etc.
> They way that it's typically done is to reference
> 40,000 deaths!!! to make the numbers appear as
> large as possible as dumbshit here does and then
> launch into some emotional blather about a gun in
> the home or accidental shootings of children which
> are entirely unrelated to 99% of the total. Even
> within the groupings above there are significant
> distinctions by location, race, sex, etc., that
> make them N/A other than where they may apply more
> directly. e.g., Not distinguishing that stats for
> children killed mostly all are black male
> "children" aged 15-19 involved in gang and other
> criminal activity shooting each other in a very
> few neighborhoods in certain urban locations.

Well, after a positive start, you just crapped out completely in the end. The data are the data, and they unequivocally confirm the national tragedy of nearly 40,000 gun-related deaths in recent years. The total for 2016 by the way was 38,658. Neither yours nor any other contorted BS argument is going to carry us past the simple fact of the entirely unacceptable levels of carnage that guns regularly inflict on this society.

And of course not one of you cares enough about it all to join in any sort of effort toward harm-reduction.

Despicable You!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: DEMS = DIM WITS ()
Date: March 02, 2019 11:45AM

Yet in just one month there are about 208,333 Lives SAVED by Defensive Gun Uses. That is a factor of FIVE greater in JUST ONE MONTH.

Why don't you care about SAVING LIVES you DIM WIT????????

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: Too dumb by quite a lot... ()
Date: March 02, 2019 11:51AM

Those are totally bogus NRA numbers, you worthless jerkwad. They aren't at all vetted or verified. If the NRA number were correct, there would be WAY WAY MASSIVELY MORE justifiable homicides each year than what the FBI actually reports.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: DEMS = DIM WITS ()
Date: March 02, 2019 12:10PM

Too dumb by quite a lot... Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Those are totally bogus NRA numbers, you worthless
> jerkwad. They aren't at all vetted or verified.
> If the NRA number were correct, there would be WAY
> WAY MASSIVELY MORE justifiable homicides each year
> than what the FBI actually reports.


Who said anything about "justifiable homicides" you fucking DIM WIT. Not only are you a fucking stupid Bloomberg parrot, you can't read either. No wonder only blithering idiots like yourself support Bloomberg and his propaganda.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: DEMS = DIM WITS ()
Date: March 02, 2019 12:17PM

GUNS = DEATH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> To summarize the most recent CDC data for firearm
> deaths by intent for 2017...
>
> Suicide ------ 23,854
> Homicide ---- 14,542
> Legal/War ------ 553
> Accidental ------ 486
> Undetermined --- 338
>
> TOTAL ------ 39,773

Here is something else not supported by the FBI data. According to the 2017 (latest full year posted) Uniform Crime Report, there were a total of 15,129 murders in the US in 2017. Is the CDC saying ALL but 600 were committed with a gun???

The FBI goes on to say that, of that 10,982 were committed with a firearm of any type. How is it possible that the CDC is reporting nearly 4,000 more. Either the CDC is up to their old games or someone is acting fast-and-loose with the raw data.

Here's the link: https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2017/crime-in-the-u.s.-2017/tables/table-20

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: GUNS = DEATH ()
Date: March 02, 2019 12:18PM

You can't have millions of "successful defensive gun uses" and also have a total of only a few hundred justifiable homicides. The two numbers simply don't jibe, and the reason for that is that the numbers claimed by the NRA are complete and utter bunk.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: DEMS = DIM WITS ()
Date: March 02, 2019 02:39PM

GUNS = DEATH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You can't have millions of "successful defensive
> gun uses" and also have a total of only a few
> hundred justifiable homicides. The two numbers
> simply don't jibe, and the reason for that is that
> the numbers claimed by the NRA are complete and
> utter bunk.

Why???? Because you don't like the results???? The TRUTH hurts DIM WIT.


The studies have been peer reviewed and stood. Even the Clinton Administration tried to disprove it only to come up with the same results. Bloomberg's bought and paid for troll, Dr. Hemenway, even tried and not only did he fail miserably, he only proved to the world he is a hack and no scientist.

Once again you've been proven wrong. You've been proven to be less than a DIM WIT, you are more like a HALF WIT.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: GUNS = DEATH ()
Date: March 02, 2019 02:58PM

Seems to me that you’ve been proven stupid. Few would really have doubted that, of course. Guns kill and maim people. That’s all they were designed to do.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: DEMS = DIM WITS ()
Date: March 02, 2019 03:09PM

GUNS = DEATH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Seems to me that you’ve been proven stupid. Few
> would really have doubted that, of course. Guns
> kill and maim people. That’s all they were
> designed to do.


Of course it "seems" to you, you are fucking HALF WIT. And therefore easily fooled.
Of course guns can kill, otherwise they wouldn't be so effective in SAVING LIVES.

2,500,000 lives SAVED a year.

Why don't you care about SAVING LIVES you DIM WIT????

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: Pesky Details ()
Date: March 02, 2019 03:20PM

GUNS = DEATH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Pesky Details Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > CDC data vary somewhat at the margins depending
> on which specific
> > source but not significantly. 2017 numbers from
> WONDER (latest final
> > numbers available) are 39,836 total.
>
> Close, but congratulations anyway on at least
> becoming the first to find the actual CDC data.
> These fumbling Peanut Gallery pop-gunners had been
> reduced to insisting that the data must not
> exist.
>
> To summarize the most recent CDC data for firearm
> deaths by intent for 2017...
>
> Suicide ------ 23,854
> Homicide ---- 14,542
> Legal/War ------ 553
> Accidental ------ 486
> Undetermined --- 338
>
> TOTAL ------ 39,773
>
> These are the source from which the great flotilla
> of references cited above took their data
>
> > Blabbering about 40,000 deaths and "4X!"
> nonsense
> > tells you nothing. It's like presenting cancer
> > mortality numbers without noting distinctions
> in
> > types, between male/female, smokers vs non, etc.
>
> > They way that it's typically done is to
> reference
> > 40,000 deaths!!! to make the numbers appear as
> > large as possible as dumbshit here does and
> then
> > launch into some emotional blather about a gun
> in
> > the home or accidental shootings of children
> which
> > are entirely unrelated to 99% of the total.
> Even
> > within the groupings above there are
> significant
> > distinctions by location, race, sex, etc., that
> > make them N/A other than where they may apply
> more
> > directly. e.g., Not distinguishing that stats
> for
> > children killed mostly all are black male
> > "children" aged 15-19 involved in gang and
> other
> > criminal activity shooting each other in a very
> > few neighborhoods in certain urban locations.
>
> Well, after a positive start, you just crapped out
> completely in the end. The data are the data, and
> they unequivocally confirm the national tragedy of
> nearly 40,000 gun-related deaths in recent years.
> The total for 2016 by the way was 38,658. Neither
> yours nor any other contorted BS argument is going
> to carry us past the simple fact of the entirely
> unacceptable levels of carnage that guns regularly
> inflict on this society.
>
> And of course not one of you cares enough about it
> all to join in any sort of effort toward
> harm-reduction.
>
> Despicable You!


I know the numbers much better than you do. As well as the standard deceptions, omissions, and misdirections in the "stats" that you try to pass off. Which is why it's so easy for me to continually shoot down your bullshit.

The numbers are numbers. They tell you little to nothing alone. You need to have a deeper understanding of what's within the numbers. Which you obviously don't and don't really even want to. As soon as you get below the level of your "40,000!!!" "4X!!!" autistic screeching they destroy most of your dumb talking points and public policy proposals. Suicide <> homicide <> accidental deaths. They are nearly entirely unrelated types of events which require completely different approaches as far as "harm reduction."

But you and yours have no real interest in "harm reduction." Your only interest is at the level of a childlike obsession with inanimate objects. "GUNS = BAD! Make the bad guns go away!" As a result, you'll never end up doing anything to actually address the matter of gun violence. If all of your "common sense gun control" wish list was passed tomorrow the net effect on gun deaths would be near zero.

Despicable you!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: YOU = FAIL ()
Date: March 02, 2019 03:45PM

GUNS = DEATH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You can't have millions of "successful defensive
> gun uses" and also have a total of only a few
> hundred justifiable homicides. The two numbers
> simply don't jibe, and the reason for that is that
> the numbers claimed by the NRA are complete and
> utter bunk.


Numbers of homicides have little to no direct relationship with defensive uses, the vast majority of which never involve firing a gun.

e.g., There were only 553/616 deaths as a result of legal intervention by law enforcement depending on source.

How many times that number do you think that their guns were used in some manner otherwise?

Even looking at data related to numbers of times that LEO guns were actually fired vs resulting deaths, the numbers are on the order of factors of 10X.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: The Facts ()
Date: March 02, 2019 04:15PM

Gun-Control fails the most Vulnerable.

After Australia imposed a Gun Ban, Sexual Assaults Increased.


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: GUNS = DEATH ()
Date: March 02, 2019 04:30PM

The usual refusal by gun-freaks to...m

A. Recognize that there is a problem, and...
B. Have anthing constructive to say about it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: YOU = FLAILING ()
Date: March 02, 2019 05:05PM

GUNS = DEATH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The usual refusal by gun-freaks to...m
>
> A. Recognize that there is a problem, and...
> B. Have anthing constructive to say about it.


A. Didn't deny that there is a problem. In fact I further specified the problemS and the failure of anti-gun nuts to address them in any effective way.

B. Recognizing that gun violence isn't one thing and isn't addressed by screeching "40,000!!!" over and over probably is the most constructive thing that can be said about it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: Armed Americans Rock! ()
Date: March 02, 2019 05:11PM

I feel safer now.
Attachments:
3685AB29-E66F-43EA-8764-8FDAB6E00F0A.jpeg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: GUNS = DEATH ()
Date: March 02, 2019 05:27PM

YOU = FLAILING Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
A. Didn't deny that there is a problem.

That’s all you HAVE done.

> In fact, I further specified the problemS and the failure
> of anti-gun nuts to address them in any effective way.

You should then be offering your own suggestions for harm-reduction, but you simply don’t care about the needless annual loss of 40,000 people.

> B. Recognizing that gun violence isn't one thing
> and isn't addressed by screeching "40,000!!!" over
> and over probably is the most constructive thing
> that can be said about it.

It’s more constructive than anything you ever have said or ever will say.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: DEMS = DIM WITS ()
Date: March 02, 2019 05:31PM

GUNS = DEATH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The usual refusal by gun-freaks to...m
>
> A. Recognize that there is a problem, and...
> B. Have anthing constructive to say about it.


It is YOU gungrabbers that refuse to recognize THE PROBLEMS. It is YOU gungrabbers that throw out BULLSHIT terms like gun violence. That is ABSOLUTE REFUSAL to recognize the REAL PROBLEMS.

There is NO SUCH thing as Gun Violence .... but there is GANG Violence, DOMESTIC Violence, DRUG RELATED Violence, SUICIDE etc .... But NO Gun Violence. That is a PROPAGANDA TERM pushed by the Bloomberg Propaganda Machine.

You can't study "gun violence", but you can study:
GANG Violence;
DOMESTIC Violence;
DRUG RELATED Violence;
SUICIDE

Each of them have their own causes and therefore have their own solutions. Everything the gun-control crowd has proposed has been proven to not reduce any of those problems. WHY IS YOUR SIDE SO AFRAID OF SOLVING THOSE PROBLEMS???? WHY DON'T YOU CARE?????

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: YOU = DOGMA ()
Date: March 02, 2019 06:02PM

GUNS = DEATH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> YOU = FLAILING Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> A. Didn't deny that there is a problem.
>
> That’s all you HAVE done.
>
> > In fact, I further specified the problemS and
> the failure
> > of anti-gun nuts to address them in any
> effective way.
>
> You should then be offering your own suggestions
> for harm-reduction, but you simply don’t care
> about the needless annual loss of 40,000 people.
>
> > B. Recognizing that gun violence isn't one
> thing
> > and isn't addressed by screeching "40,000!!!"
> over
> > and over probably is the most constructive
> thing
> > that can be said about it.
>
> It’s more constructive than anything you ever
> have said or ever will say.


It's not at all constructive. It's simply religious chanting on your part.

I already gave what are the most realistic and effective suggestions:

If you want to effectively address the 2/3rds of the deaths which are gun suicides, then you need to approach the problem from the mental health and substance abuse side. Guns themselves do not cause suicide and have little to do with it just as rope or belts have little to do with it in cases where they are the chosen method. Gun control does virtually nothing to address suicide.

If you want to effectively address gun homicides, then you need to concentrate primarily on illegal uses and criminal/gang activity mostly within specific neighborhoods within specific urban locations primarily involving young black males and to a somewhat lesser extent white and Hispanic males in similar settings involved in similar activities. Criminal activity is what drives the vast bulk of gun homicide. Outside of that, the numbers look no different and in some cases are better than most of the cherry-picked comparisons that you like to make with other countries with strict gun control despite our having 100s of millions more guns in the population. Gun control does little to nothing to address illegal guns and the underlying social factors involved.

Accidental deaths are tiny in number and are more effectively addressed by safety campaigns than by gun control. Also, by definition they are accidents and by that measure are far below the levels of risk presented by many other much more common items in the home.

But we know that for children like you no amount of fact and reason can make that monster in the closet go away. We need to "DO SOMETHING!" like turning on the light. Even though it actually does nothing but make you feel better for a little while.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: GUNS = DEATH ()
Date: March 02, 2019 06:49PM

The idea is to help people live longer and healthier lives, but you and your gun-nut pals have nothing at all to offer in that department. Nothing at all.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: DEMS = DIM WITS ()
Date: March 02, 2019 07:57PM

GUNS = DEATH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The idea is to help people live longer and
> healthier lives, but you and your gun-nut pals
> have nothing at all to offer in that department.
> Nothing at all.


There's the DIM WIT parroting the Bloomberg talking points again. Squawk squawk gun control ... squawk squawk all bad people go away squawk squawk … squawk squawk I'm so afraid of a inanimate object squawk squawk.

I thank God everyday your side has such blithering idiots as you. It makes it easier to shine a light through your billionaire funded propaganda campaign.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: FKNLR ()
Date: March 02, 2019 08:18PM

GUNS = DEATH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The idea is to help people live longer and
> healthier lives, but you and your gun-nut pals
> have nothing at all to offer in that department.
> Nothing at all.


I've asked you this about eight times in your various threads, so you ignoring it one more time won't hurt...

Since we all know confiscation isn't going to happen, and murder is already illegal, what reasonable solution do you propose?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: YOU = DENIAL OF THE OBVIOUS ()
Date: March 02, 2019 08:24PM

GUNS = DEATH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The idea is to help people live longer and
> healthier lives, but you and your gun-nut pals
> have nothing at all to offer in that department.
> Nothing at all.


The idea is to effectively address the problem. Which requires different and more targeted approaches specific to the nature of the problem. Virtually none of which are reflected in the usual idiotic gun control schemes.

You're not even largely dealing with the same populations. e.g, Looking at firearms homicide:

Race/Location / Number / Rate (100,000)

Black
Large Central Metro 4,315 24.5
Large Fringe Metro 1,398 13.7
Medium Metro 1,593 20.4
Small Metro 513 17.1
Micropolitan (Nonmetro) 315 13.9
NonCore (Nonmetro) 237 13.9
Total 8,371


Hispanic Origin
(White)

Large Central Metro 1,176 4.7
Large Fringe Metro 280 2.7
Medium Metro 485 4.5
Small Metro 93 3.1
Micropolitan (Nonmetro) 63 2.6
NonCore (Nonmetro) 27 2.4
(Black)
Large Central Metro 64 3.9
Large Fringe Metro 17 (Unreliable)
Medium Metro 25 4.6
Total 2,230


White
Large Central Metro 775 1.7
Large Fringe Metro 720 1.3
Medium Metro 873 2
Small Metro 415 1.9
Micropolitan (Nonmetro) 434 2.0
NonCore (Nonmetro) 332 2.2
Total 3,549

(Difference from earlier totals being relatively few among Native Americans and Asians which are incidental in the scheme of things.)

Looking at suicide it's a completely different picture with middle-aged white males absolutely overwhelming all other groups.

Unless you're addressing the root causes which exist within such populations directly (not necessarily by race, just the way that it works out at a larger level), then there will be little to no effect no matter what feeble, feel-good "common sense gun control" nonsense happens. But then having actual effect isn't really the point on your side.

Likewise your "4X" bullshit. Even ignoring for the moment the exaggeration, whatever level of risk does exist does not apply on an equal basis across the population. It reflects primarily some very high-risk individuals/circumstances which exist within which are N/A for the vast majority where any actual risk is virtually nil.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: The Facts ()
Date: March 03, 2019 10:05AM

Gun Control Doesn't Work to Reduce Violence, According to the CDC

"During 2000--2002, the Task Force on Community Preventive Services (the Task Force), an independent nonfederal task force, conducted a systematic review of scientific evidence regarding the effectiveness of firearms laws in preventing violence, including violent crimes, suicide, and unintentional injury. The Task Force found insufficient evidence to determine the effectiveness of any of the firearm laws or combinations of laws reviewed on violent outcomes."

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/rr5214a2.htm


Gun Control Doesn't Work to Reduce Suicides, According to the AIHW

In 1996, Australia Banned and Confiscated Nearly All Modern Firearms. According to data collected by the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare (AIHW):
In the 18 years before the gun ban (1978-1996) there was a total of 36,376 suicides for a mean rate of 12.24
In the 18 years after the gun ban (1997-2015) there was a total of 46,387 suicides for a mean rate of 12.67

Although the slight increase in the rate is statistically insignificant, there was 27.52% increase in the total number of suicides during the 18 years after the gun ban.

It is obvious the gun ban had no effect on suicides. Hangings merely replaced guns as the most common method of suicide.


So what does Gun Control Do?

It Makes People Defenseless in the Face of Monsters. ESPECIALLY WOMEN

After Australia imposed a Gun Ban, Sexual Assaults Increased Significantly.


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: GUNS = DEATH ()
Date: March 03, 2019 10:06AM

No matter the socio-economic detail involved, the root cause of gun-related deaths is proximity to and an availability of GUNS. These two factors are the keys to why we have annual totals of nearly 40,000 gun-related deaths in this country, and why merely keeping a gun in the home increases the odds of an occupant dying from a GSW by a factor of nearly four.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: Your logic is faulty ()
Date: March 03, 2019 10:24AM

No matter the socio-economic detail involved, the root cause of medical malpractice deaths is proximity to and an availability of medical services. These two factors are the keys to why we have annual totals of nearly 1.5 million medical malpractice-related deaths in this country, and why merely seeking medical services increases the odds of an patient dying from medical malpractice a factor of nearly four gazillion.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: DEMS = DIM WITS ()
Date: March 03, 2019 10:50AM

GUNS = DEATH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No matter the socio-economic detail involved, the
> root cause of gun-related deaths is proximity to
> and an availability of GUNS. These two factors
> are the keys to why we have annual totals of
> nearly 40,000 gun-related deaths in this country,
> and why merely keeping a gun in the home increases
> the odds of an occupant dying from a GSW by a
> factor of nearly four.

So the DIM WIT resurfaces with more worthless blather. Faced with overwhelming evidence that gun-control doesn't work to reduce violence or even suicides his only response is, "for someone to be killed with a gun, you need a gun". Well no fucking shit. Guess what, for someone to be killed with a car, you need a…. wait for it …. wait for it … you need a CAR.

More people die in red colored cars than any other color. Using the DIM WITS stupid logic, if we ban red cars, red car violence will be reduced. It doesn't matter to the DIM WITS that overall car deaths remain the same or probably increase because we wasted time and money on stupidity.

The measure of success is to reduce overall VIOLENCE. If it doesn't reduce overall VIOLENCE, you've done nothing. In fact you probably made matters worse, because you've made people more vulnerable to VIOLENCE.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: GUNS = DEATH ()
Date: March 03, 2019 11:30AM

Your logic is faulty Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No matter the socio-economic detail involved, the root cause of
> medical malpractice deaths is proximity to and an availability of
> medical services. These two factors are the keys to why we have
> annual totals of nearly 1.5 million medical malpractice-related
> deaths in this country, and why merely seeking medical services
> increases the odds of an patient dying from medical malpractice
> a factor of nearly four gazillion.

Medical mistakes are classified as the third leading cause of death in this country. But hospitals and the AMA pour all sorts of resources into trying to reduce that toll. Why are the NRA and gun-owners not following anything like a similar path?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: HOSPITALS=DEATH ()
Date: March 03, 2019 11:38AM

GUNS = DEATH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Medical mistakes are classified as the third
> leading cause of death in this country. But
> hospitals and the AMA pour all sorts of resources
> into trying to reduce that toll.


According to the CDC, the AMA and hospitals pour 10x more resources trying to cover up medical malpractice leading to death than they do trying to correct the root problems.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: GUNS = DEATH ()
Date: March 03, 2019 11:56AM

DEMS = DIM WITS Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So the DIM WIT resurfaces with more worthless blather.

You mean all those CDC statistics that you were not able to find on your own? You're an incompetent fool.

> Faced with overwhelming evidence that gun-control doesn't
> work to reduce violence or even suicides his only response
> is, "for someone to be killed with a gun, you need a gun".
> Well no fucking shit.

How did you fail to see the problem on your own? Especially knowing that merely keeping a gun in the home increases your odds of dying from a GSW by a factor of nearly four. Seems to me that you just aren't very good at catching on to things.

> Guess what, for someone to be killed with a car...

Quite true, as is the fact that cars etc. have great social utility while guns in comparison have practically none at all. It is also the case that we spend large amounts of money on trying to make vehicles and roads as safe as we possibly can. Let's do that with guns, okay? People will die if we don't.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: GUNS = DEATH ()
Date: March 03, 2019 11:58AM

HOSPITALS=DEATH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> According to the CDC, the AMA and hospitals pour 10x more
> resources trying to cover up medical malpractice leading
> to death than they do trying to correct the root problems.

LOL! Obviously, you now realize that your car has run out of gas.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: DEMS = DIM WITS ()
Date: March 03, 2019 12:44PM

GUNS = DEATH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> DEMS = DIM WITS Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > So the DIM WIT resurfaces with more worthless
> blather.
>
> > Proven by the CDC study that you were
> not able to find on your own? You're an
> > incompetent fool.
>
> > Faced with overwhelming evidence that
> gun-control doesn't
> > work to reduce violence or even suicides his
> only response
> > is, "for someone to be killed with a gun, you
> need a gun".
> > Well no fucking shit.
>

GUNS created this great country in which you live; GUNS defend the very liberties and freedoms you suckle on a daily basis; GUNS protect the weaker form the ruthless, and GUNS SAVE LIVES, on the order of 2,500,000 a year.

Gun control has been proven to do NOTHING but make the already vulnerable MORE VULNERABLE. Why don't you care about them????

Face it DIM WIT, you've been bested left and right. You have NOTHING to present other than parroting Bloomberg's propaganda talking points like a squawking Dodo bird. Ironically the Dodo was probably far more intelligent than you. Soon your kind will go the way of the Dodo, not leaving a single mark on history anymore than a stone tossed into the ocean.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: GUNS = DEATH ()
Date: March 03, 2019 02:40PM

DEMS = DIM WITS Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> GUNS created this great country in which you live. GUNS defend the
> very liberties and freedoms you suckle on a daily basis

People created this country (many of them non-white), and it is the people -- through the agency of the state -- who defined, assigned and since defended the rights of those people

> GUNS SAVE LIVES, on the order of 2,500,000 a year.

LOLOLOL!!! 2,5 mil is the made-up NRA number for successful defensive uses of a gun. The idea that each of those somehow saved a life is WAY beyond completely stupid.

> Gun control has been proven to do NOTHING but make
> the already vulnerable MORE VULNERABLE. Why don't
> you care about them????

Guns make you less safe. Fewer guns = more security. Guns kill and maim. That's all they do. Keeping a gun in the home increases risk. Your odds of dying from a GSW go UP by a factor of nearly four. You can hope to be only maimed, but there's no certainty of that.

> Face it DIM WIT, you've been bested left and
> right. You have NOTHING to present other than
> parroting Bloomberg's propaganda talking points
> like a squawking Dodo bird. Ironically the Dodo
> was probably far more intelligent than you. Soon
> your kind will go the way of the Dodo, not leaving
> a single mark on history anymore than a stone
> tossed into the ocean.

The truth is not something that you are at all comfortable with. It stares you in the face, and yet you deny it. On your tombstone, they can write "He Should Have Known Better".

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: DEMS = DIM WITS ()
Date: March 03, 2019 03:31PM

GUNS = DEATH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> DEMS = DIM WITS Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > GUNS created this great country in which you
> live. GUNS defend the
> > very liberties and freedoms you suckle on a
> daily basis
>
> > GUNS SAVE LIVES, on the order of 2,500,000 a
> year.
>
> > Gun control has been proven to do NOTHING but
> make
> > the already vulnerable MORE VULNERABLE. Why
> don't
> > you care about them????
>
> Guns make you less safe. Fewer guns = more
> security. Guns kill and maim. That's all they do.
> Keeping a gun in the home increases risk. Your
> odds of dying from a GSW go UP by a factor of
> nearly four. You can hope to be only maimed, but
> there's no certainty of that.
>
> Soon
> > your kind will go the way of the Dodo, not
> leaving
> > a single mark on history anymore than a stone
> > tossed into the ocean.
>
> The truth is not something that you are at all
> comfortable with. It stares you in the face, and
> yet you deny it. On your tombstone, they can
> write "He Should Have Known Better".

The DIM WIT returns for another spanking. He must be a masochist, he just loves pain and humiliation.

All the evidence presented by more intelligent people than yourself says gun-control does NOTHING to make you safe. You haven't been able to present even one iota of evidence to support your lies to the contrary.

You just keep squawking the Bloomberg anti-gun lobby talking points, not even smart enough to cite their sources. Your argument has been as deficient as your intellect.

Your tombstone will read, "When evil came calling, he went screaming for a man with a gun to help. In those vital seconds, the good guy with the gun was minutes away."

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: Keep This Legal ()
Date: March 03, 2019 03:50PM

Did a PPT sale today. Sold two in the Chantilly Wal-Mart parking lot. Straight cash deal. He showed me his CCW which was good enough that he’s not prohibited.

Fuck you, Dems!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: GUNS = DEATH ()
Date: March 03, 2019 04:10PM

DEMS = DIM WITS Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The DIM WIT returns for another spanking. He must be a
> masochist, he just loves pain and humiliation.

Hmmm. Everyone reading this thread knows how poorly you have fared here. Including you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: You’re Mistaken... or Arrogant ()
Date: March 03, 2019 05:37PM

GUNS = DEATH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hmmm. Everyone reading this thread knows how
> poorly you have fared here. Including you.

Hmmm. Everyone who’s keeping score here would not agree.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: GUNS = DEATH ()
Date: March 03, 2019 05:59PM

Just much, much smarter and better informed than you. You’ve really got no business here at all. No NRA clod does.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: DEMS = DIM WITS ()
Date: March 03, 2019 06:07PM

GUNS = DEATH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just much, much smarter and better informed than
> you. You’ve really got no business here at all.
> No NRA clod does.


"The fool doest think he is wise". Only in his own eyes!!!!!

DIM WIT, you have proven to the world you are the fool. Again you have nothing to support any of you Bloomberg propaganda points. WHY ARE YOU SO AFRAID TO PRESENT ANY EVIDENCE OR CITE A SOURCE????? Afraid to appear a bigger fool than you already are?????

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: GUNS = DEATH ()
Date: March 03, 2019 06:28PM

Why do you need so much assistance dealing with the easy stuff?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: DEMS = DIM WITS ()
Date: March 03, 2019 06:30PM

GUNS = DEATH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why do you need so much assistance dealing with
> the easy stuff?


Why do you keep avoiding the questions DIM WIT???

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: cymwy ()
Date: March 03, 2019 06:32PM

GUNS = DEATH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just much, much smarter and better informed than
> you. You’ve really got no business here at all.
> No NRA clod does.


I'm still waiting for you to tell everyone what your REASONABLE solipution is.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: DEMS = DIM WITS ()
Date: March 03, 2019 06:34PM

cymwy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> GUNS = DEATH Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Just much, much smarter and better informed
> than
> > you. You’ve really got no business here at
> all.
> > No NRA clod does.
>
>
> I'm still waiting for you to tell everyone what
> your REASONABLE solipution is.


The DIM WIT has absolutely no solutions. To have a solution would require understanding a problem beyond what Bloomberg tells him he's allowed to know.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: The Facts ()
Date: March 03, 2019 06:40PM

Myth: The availability of guns causes crime

Fact: Though the number of firearms owned by private citizens has been increasing steadily since 1970, the overall rate of homicides and suicides has not risen (though suicide rates did start to rise during the Great Recession). As the chart shows, there is no correlation between the availability of firearms and the rates of homicide and suicide in America.



Fact: Internationally speaking “There’s no clear relationship between more guns and higher levels of violence.”

Fact: “A detailed study of the major surveys completed in the past 20 years or more provides no evidence of any relationship between the total number of legally held firearms in society and the rate of armed crime. Nor is there a relationship between the severity of controls imposed in various countries or the mass of bureaucracy involved with many control systems with the apparent ease of access to firearms by criminals and terrorists.”

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: GUNS = DEATH ()
Date: March 03, 2019 06:44PM

These horrible social outcomes result from YOUR insistence on having guns and not being AT ALL willing to address the inevitable consequences. The idea of “safe guns” was raised earlier, but even though they would allow everything that Heller does, you clowns aren’t willing. Why is that?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: DEMS = DIM WITS ()
Date: March 03, 2019 06:53PM

GUNS = DEATH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> These horrible social outcomes result from YOUR
> insistence on having guns and not being AT ALL
> willing to address the inevitable consequences.
> The idea of “safe guns” was raised earlier,
> but even though they would allow everything that
> Heller does, you clowns aren’t willing. Why is
> that?


Ask the DIM WIT DEM Loretta Weinberg. She showed us that you DIM WIT DEMS want to turn it into a gun ban.

You fucking FOOLS, now put off any such technology until SCOTUS rules that the 2nd needs to judged with strict scrutiny.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: GUNS = DEATH ()
Date: March 03, 2019 06:54PM

The highest levels of US gun violence are in states where the highest numbers of guns are. The incidence of gun violence in Japan is nearly zero. They have nearly no guns at all.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: DEMS = DIM WITS ()
Date: March 03, 2019 06:58PM

GUNS = DEATH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The highest levels of US gun violence are in
> states where the highest numbers of guns are. The
> incidence of gun violence in Japan is nearly zero.
> They have nearly no guns at all.

Yet they have a much higher suicide rate. I thought you said guns cause suicides DIM WIT. You can't have it both ways.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: GUNS = DEATH ()
Date: March 03, 2019 07:10PM

You can’t decipher elementary English. And you have no clue at all about differences between US and Japanese history and culture. Briefly put, you’re stupid. The facts meanwhile are that nearly 40,000 people die annually in
this country due to guns. Simple proximity to guns is a major factor in that awful total.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: The Facts ()
Date: March 03, 2019 07:11PM

Fact: Switzerland has relatively lenient gun control for Europe, and has the third-lowest homicide rate of the top nine major European countries, and the same per capita rate as England and Wales, where restrictions are much tighter.

Fact: Indeed, the Swiss basically have a military rifle in nearly every closest. “Everybody who has served in the army is allowed to keep their personal weapon, even after the end of their military service.”

Fact: In Canada around 1920, before there was any form of gun control, their homicide rate was 7% of the U.S rate. By 1986, and after significant gun control legislation, Canada’s homicide rate was 35% of the U.S. rate – a significant increase. In 2003, Canada had a violent crime rate more than double that of the U.S. (963 vs. 475 per 100,000).

Fact: One study of Canadian firearm law and homicide rates spanning 34 years “failed to demonstrate a beneficial association between legislation and firearm homicide rates” for three major gun control bills.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: DEMS = DIM WITS ()
Date: March 03, 2019 07:12PM

GUNS = DEATH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You can’t decipher elementary English. And you
> have no clue at all about differences between US
> and Japanese history and culture. Briefly put,
> you’re stupid. The facts meanwhile are that
> nearly 40,000 people die annually in
> this country due to guns. Simple proximity to guns
> is a major factor in that awful total.


So you are saying you were either WRONG or STUPID to bring Japan into your gun-control debate. Which is it????

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: DEMS = DIM WITS ()
Date: March 03, 2019 07:21PM

GUNS = DEATH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Simple proximity to guns
> is a major factor in that awful total.


Then explain why Australia experienced a 27.5% increase in the number of suicides AFTER they banned nearly all private ownership of modern firearms, DIM WIT.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: GUNS = DEATH ()
Date: March 03, 2019 07:25PM

The Facts Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
The Facts are that we have an annual 40,000 gun-related deaths in this country, almost all for no good reason at all. We also have a lot of very sick people who don’t want to do anything about that.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: GUNS = DEATH ()
Date: March 03, 2019 07:29PM

DEMS = DIM WITS Wrote:
——————————————————————————————————————————————
> So you are saying you were either WRONG or STUPID
> to bring Japan into your gun-control debate. Which
> is it????

Too stupid by quite a lot. As you have demonstrated before.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity
Posted by: DEMS = DIM WITS ()
Date: March 03, 2019 07:32PM

I finally agree, you have demonstrated that you are too stupid by quite a lot

Options: ReplyQuote
Pages: Previous1234567891011All...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 18


Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
  *******   ********  **     **  **    **  **     ** 
 **     **  **        **     **  **   **   **     ** 
 **     **  **        **     **  **  **    **     ** 
  ********  ******    *********  *****     **     ** 
        **  **        **     **  **  **    **     ** 
 **     **  **        **     **  **   **   **     ** 
  *******   ********  **     **  **    **   *******  
This forum powered by Phorum.