HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
ID FRAUD PLEASE HELP
Posted by: nick ()
Date: February 11, 2007 04:41PM

Hi
I am new to this website but maybe somebody knows a thing or two about this.
I have googled my name today to look up old high school sports pictures and recorda from sports. I came across a website dedicated to car performance and
someone made a post that they have ordered something from ebay for $3500 and they
have never received anything. The persons name who they ordered it from appears to be mine. I have a one of a kind name because my parents are Greek and it also
had my old apartment address. The guy is saying that he has been ripped off and now
is going to file charges. The post is back from late december 06. He said that he paid with paypal but they only refund him 10% so now he is out of $3150. I have registered on that website and send him an email explaining that I am who I am and I dont know whats going on. What can I do????? What should I do?????

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: ID FRAUD PLEASE HELP
Posted by: Fairfax MF---er ()
Date: February 11, 2007 04:47PM

This sounds like "The Spanish Prisoner." I bet the site you went to was programmed to pull up the name of the person being googled. I hope for your sake the site you registered on didn't request your ss# and personal details because THAT would be the scam site.

Posted by: Nick ()
Date: February 11, 2007 04:57PM

I already checked out that theory, the site and posts are legit

Posted by: Fairfax MF---er ()
Date: February 11, 2007 05:26PM

Well, if I were you I would contact Equifax and have them run a credit report. If there is any bizarre activity on it, I would register a fraud alert. If not, I would subscribe to the three credit rating services to keep an eye on your credit rating. Odds are it is some dumbass who just pulled your name and address off of the web and set up an account. If the perpetrator didn't get your ss# or credit card information, it shouldn't be a huge problem.

Posted by: Bubba ()
Date: February 11, 2007 05:43PM

Hmmm.... Second guy within a few days that's being accused of a scam involving auto parts on e-bay, and being threatened with a warrant. That's either a huge coincidence, or it's the same guy as before. I'm putting my money on a pathetic attempt at establishing an alibi.

Posted by: Take a Stand ()
Date: February 11, 2007 07:37PM

Hemm... Me thinks bubba is on to something..
The writing sounds just as incoherant as last time.
He could not have been more obscure in his description of the problem too..
Here is a bit of my original post on this very familiar discussion

reciept of monies with no intent of providing goods/services while using the USPS as the instument is a FELONY.. ie Mail fraud... a Federal offense.

I sorry but this story does not add up.. try again .

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: February 11, 2007 07:59PM

go to https://www.annualcreditreport.com, where you can pull down your credit report from the big three agencies once per year for free. I pull one from a different agency every four months to I can get regular updates.

Posted by: boredom ()
Date: February 12, 2007 01:42AM

Stop lying.

Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: February 12, 2007 03:16PM

Take a Stand Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> reciept of monies with no intent of providing
> goods/services while using the USPS as the
> instument is a FELONY.. ie Mail fraud... a Federal
> offense.
>
> I sorry but this story does not add up.. try again

Not to get off point - but yes mail fraud is a serious offense. Anything to do with the postal service is a serious offense.

For your own amusement, call one of those info-mercials that advertise a get rich quick scheme. They will send you the information but will usually send it UPS or FedEx - not USPS. Insist they send it USPS - they will tell you something like "UPS offers tracking" as an excuse. It does not hold water.

Back to the original question. If they do not have you SS# you are probably safe. That is not to say they did not run up a large bill from trashing a landlords place who did not run a thorough background check. You may have judgments against you and those will eventually show up.

Just to be on the safe side and as a bonus see our American Justice System at work contact the courthouse near where the guy complaining is and the courthouse near your old apartment and see if there a judgment against you. These have a habit of coming to light when you get a new job and your employer will get a notice to garnish your wages.

Posted by: Jerry Seinfeld ()
Date: February 12, 2007 03:31PM

"Anything to do with the postal service is a serious offense."
Hello.......Newman.

Posted by: ferfux ()
Date: February 14, 2007 03:12PM

Jerry Seinfeld Wrote:
> "Anything to do with the postal service is a
> serious offense."
> Hello.......Newman.

When you control the mail you control...INFORMATION

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2007 08:19PM by ferfux.

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: February 14, 2007 08:02PM

"When you control the main you control...INFORMATION"

Is it THAT hard to proofread 8 lousy words?

Posted by: ferfux ()
Date: February 14, 2007 09:38PM

RESton Peace Wrote:
> "When you control the main you
> control...INFORMATION"
>
> Is it THAT hard to proofread 8 lousy words?

Yef YED iy IZ THSY HAED!

Posted by: nick ()
Date: February 15, 2007 02:43PM

You. My name is nick. I have represent the former President of Nigeria. We have a large sums of money in Lagos. We need your help. If you can give me all of your account information, I will transfer $5 million to your account...

Posted by: Enough already ()
Date: September 06, 2020 07:49PM

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.