HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Self Serve Car Wash
Posted by: myspaceaddict ()
Date: February 11, 2007 02:39PM

Does anyone know of any places in NOVA similar to the Flagship Car Wash Centers in montgomery county? The apt complex has turned off the water for the winter and I need a self serve car wash for my convertible. Thanks for any reliable answers in advance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Self Serve Car Wash
Posted by: ffxn8v ()
Date: February 11, 2007 03:37PM

Don't know the place you are talking about however, if it is a self serve car wash, there are none in Fairfax County that I am aware of. The county does not seem to allow them.

In Fairfax City @ Fairfax Circle behind the 7-11 & Farrish, there is one.
In PW County just south of the county line on US RT 1 (3 blocks south of rt123) on the left hand side.
Also in Sterling, there is one off Rt 28 at Sterling Blvd. On the left, once on Sterling Blvd.
Another one is on Rt 28 in PW county, heading out of Centreville, it is on the left - about a mile on the left.

Posted by: Highlander ()
Date: February 11, 2007 03:55PM

There is one on Rt 1 near Backlick Rd, close to the Hess Station.

Posted by: stinkypoon ()
Date: February 12, 2007 12:48PM

could you be more specific about the location of this one? is it part of a gas station? i have kept my eyes open when passing through there but have never seen it.

ffxn8v Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> In Fairfax City @ Fairfax Circle behind the 7-11 &
> Farrish, there is one.

Posted by: ffxn8v ()
Date: February 12, 2007 07:31PM

Coming into Fairfax City from the East (Annandale/Falls Church) on US rt 50, go past the shopping center w/ the Ruby Tuesday's in it and the Dunkin Doughnuts on the corner, veering right onto RT 29.

You will see the Farrish dealer on the corner and then an Aurthur Treachers Fish & CHips... At the next light, make a LEFT.

That is Blake Ln.

You will see a 7-11 over there w/ the car wash in between that, and the Aurthur Treachers.

Hope this helps.

stinkypoon Wrote:
> could you be more specific about the location of
> this one? is it part of a gas station? i have
> kept my eyes open when passing through there but
> have never seen it.
>
> ffxn8v Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > In Fairfax City @ Fairfax Circle behind the 7-11
> &
> > Farrish, there is one.

Posted by: ferfux ()
Date: February 14, 2007 03:06PM

there are plenty of self wash car washes in manassas off sudley. go there and wash your own car. OR go to embessay car wash on 29 in FX city and have the poor hard working immmigrants wash your car

Posted by: stinkypoon ()
Date: February 15, 2007 01:00PM

ferfux Wrote:
> there are plenty of self wash car washes in
> manassas off sudley. go there and wash your own
> car. OR go to embessay car wash on 29 in FX city
> and have the poor hard working immmigrants wash
> your car

One of those poor hard-working immigrants at embassy smashed my new s2000 into a curb and didn't tell anyone. Fortunately the manager was very honest and professional about it and paid for the damage. They did the same thing to my dad's car a few years ago and hit a Porsche with it. Of course they denied it, despite the owners of BOTH cars witnessing it.

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: February 16, 2007 04:49PM

why go to a self sever wash when ya can go to the gas stiont and have you car washed for 8 dollars while yo get somthign done in the car

Posted by: snafu ()
Date: February 16, 2007 08:02PM

Not sure what area you are in but embassy on rolling road does a good job. I am sure there are mishaps from time to time but I have been going there for years and they do a decent job inside and outside of the car.
Also it doesnt hurt to tip these people. I see many people driving lexus and bmw's who never leave so much as a dime. Guess that is how you get rich enough to own one by being a cheap fuck.

Posted by: Enough already ()
Date: September 06, 2020 06:01PM

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.