HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
franconia townhouse fire
Posted by: rob on the scanner ()
Date: February 11, 2010 09:52AM

This guy at 6551 gildard st, franconia area. South of franconia rd. Neighb or call the fd for a house fire. FD arrives, he has a pit bull on the front door and a weapon on hand and a bottle of alcohol as well. Fd had to wait for the police to sub. Due the guy, fd hose the dog. Down. Went upstairs to the rear of the house b edrrom fire. Vissible on the upstair delta side of the townhouse. Fire is out now. I wonder what is the guy deal. He is in a middle townhouse unit. That means those 2 adjacent house could have burned as well.
This is one of the least succesfull arsons I've ever seen. He did hold the fd for ab out 4 minutes. Still there was only a single bedroom fire.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: franconia townhouse fire
Posted by: surprised ()
Date: February 11, 2010 10:17AM

I'm surprised a firetruck was able to get down Gildar St. In dry, sunny weather there's barely enough room for a car to get down that street

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: February 11, 2010 10:26AM

wow. you. are a .retard.

Posted by: robert on scanner ()
Date: February 11, 2010 12:40PM

Very true, Once I was hired to fix a roof leak and I drove up and down the street looking for parking then I could not even parallel park. Was not even able to turn around to look for more parking. That is true. Most of the fire trucks were on Beula street. Anyways anyone has a record on that guy. It is the most stupid thing to do. Set your house on fire then keep the front door with a pit bull and a gun, on top of that drunk. A woman with a baby on hand. Im gona stop here because im just gona get a hemoroids.

Posted by: HowMuchTime? ()
Date: February 11, 2010 08:06PM

How much of a crime is it to beat up firemen who are fighting fire? Let
alone pull a gun on them? AND arson??

Posted by: Smoky ()
Date: February 11, 2010 08:21PM

Once they get the dog stink out of there, it will probably be a nice place to rent.

Posted by: wait what ()
Date: February 12, 2010 02:20PM

wait so the guys house is on fire and he sets his pitbull on the FD and fights them as they are trying to save his house... wow

Posted by: JR ()
Date: February 12, 2010 03:02PM

Alexandria Man Charged With Setting Townhouse Fire

Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department fire investigators charged Sanger Jamal Bashar, 32, 6500 block of Gildar Street, Alexandria, with multiple felony charges stemming from a townhouse fire, Thursday, February 11, 2010. The townhouse is located at 6551 Gildar Street in the Franconia area of Fairfax County.

Firefighters arrived on scene with smoke showing from the second floor of the two-story townhouse. As firefighters were about to enter the townhouse, an upset adult male engaged firefighters and started to assault them. The three firefighters subdued the individual until Fairfax County Police arrived, while another crew searched the home and extinguished the fire.

Firefighters quickly extinguished the fire in a second floor bedroom. The fire was confined to the bedroom. One firefighter sustained a non-life threatening injury and was treated at the scene. Four occupants have been displaced. Red Cross is assisting the family.

Bashar was charged with six felonies, and one misdemeanor. Charges include: 18.2-57, assault of a firefighter (two counts), class six felony; 18.2-79, attempt to burn a meeting house, class five felony; 18.2-79, burning a meeting house, class five felony; 18.2-79, attempt to burn a meeting house, class three felony; 18.2-80, burning an occupied structure, class three felony; 18.2-83, threat to burn, class six felony; and 27-15.1, refuse to obey a firefighter operating at an emergency incident, class four misdemeanor.

Damage is estimated at $30,000.

Posted by: on the scene ()
Date: February 24, 2010 01:12AM

WE AS BAD AS IT SOUNDS NONE OF THE POST GOT IT RIGHT. TRUE THE GUY WAS A IDIOT BUT I WAS THERE AND A GUN WAS NEVER PULLED. THE NEIGHBORS SAID THAT THEY BELIEVED HE OWNED A GUN WHICH WAS REASON TO BE CONCERNED WHEN CONFRONTED BY FIRE, A ANGRY DRUNK GUY AND A DOG THAT LOOKED MEANER THAN HE REALLY WAS. TRUE THERE WAS A SMALL FIRE IN A UPSTAIRS BEDROOM OF A END OF THE ROW TOWNHOUSE.THE GUY PUSHED 2 FIREFIGHTERS AND STRUCK ANOTHER BEFORE HE WAS RESTRAINED BY OTHER FIREFIGHTERS ON THE SCENE. ALMOST IMMEADATELY AFTER THE COPS PUT THE CUFFS ON HIM. THE CREWS WENT IN AND PUT THE FIRE OUT IN JUST A MINUITE OR SO. WE REALLY SHOULDNT FEED INTO THE RUMOR MILL WITHOUT FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE. TAKE IT FROM ME I WAS THERE

Posted by: Lame ()
Date: February 24, 2010 01:20AM

But really, who the fuck cares about this idiot?

Posted by: eesh ()
Date: February 24, 2010 02:01AM

on the scene Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> WE AS BAD AS IT SOUNDS NONE OF THE POST GOT IT
> RIGHT. TRUE THE GUY WAS A IDIOT BUT I WAS THERE
> AND A GUN WAS NEVER PULLED. THE NEIGHBORS SAID
> THAT THEY BELIEVED HE OWNED A GUN WHICH WAS REASON
> TO BE CONCERNED WHEN CONFRONTED BY FIRE, A ANGRY
> DRUNK GUY AND A DOG THAT LOOKED MEANER THAN HE
> REALLY WAS. TRUE THERE WAS A SMALL FIRE IN A
> UPSTAIRS BEDROOM OF A END OF THE ROW TOWNHOUSE.THE
> GUY PUSHED 2 FIREFIGHTERS AND STRUCK ANOTHER
> BEFORE HE WAS RESTRAINED BY OTHER FIREFIGHTERS ON
> THE SCENE. ALMOST IMMEADATELY AFTER THE COPS PUT
> THE CUFFS ON HIM. THE CREWS WENT IN AND PUT THE
> FIRE OUT IN JUST A MINUITE OR SO. WE REALLY
> SHOULDNT FEED INTO THE RUMOR MILL WITHOUT FIRST
> HAND KNOWLEDGE. TAKE IT FROM ME I WAS THERE

Caps lock, unleash the fury!

Posted by: PIggy ()
Date: February 24, 2010 09:31AM

As always, the policeman is the fire fighter's hero. All firemen wish they could be cops.

Posted by: Bucket Fairy, Hose Handler ()
Date: February 24, 2010 09:09PM

PIggy Wrote:
> As always, the policeman is the fire fighter's
> hero. All firemen wish they could be cops.

+1

I have had the honor and privilege to have known REAL Firefighters, FFX ain't. They're Surround and drown clowns, overpaid manual laborers

Posted by: BOMB!!!!!! ()
Date: March 06, 2012 11:01PM

Same house!!!!

http://kingstowne.patch.com/articles/police-find-bomb-in-franconia-home

Police were called to the scene of a Franconia home around 6:30 p.m. Monday to respond to the discovery of an explosive device, according to a release from the Fairfax County Police Department.

A cleaning crew discovered the device in a vacant home that is for sale on the 6500 block of Gildar Street. FCPD's Explosive Ordinance Disposal Team took the device, which police described as "an unusual looking box with tape and wires," from the home and disarmed it.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Crime Solvers by phone at 1-866-411-TIPS/8477, e-mail atwww.fairfaxcrimesolvers.org or text “TIP187” plus your message to CRIMES/274637 or call Fairfax County Police at 703-691-2131.

Posted by: Nope ()
Date: March 07, 2012 01:24AM

There sem to be two houses for sale,neither is 6551

Posted by: Gramma ()
Date: March 07, 2012 08:35AM

I am just thankful that they were able to "sub Due" him.

Another one of FCPS's finest.

Posted by: confirm6551 ()
Date: March 07, 2012 10:23AM

Nope Wrote:
> There sem to be two houses for sale,neither is
> 6551

It is, http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/6551-Gildar-St-Alexandria-VA-22310/51944873_zpid/

Plus I know a neighbor that confirmed that this was the house.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.