HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Why are furloughed workers complaining? They are literally being paid NOT to work.
Posted by: Not essential = fire them ()
Date: January 11, 2019 12:12PM

They will be getting all their back pay, yet they aren't working, so they're getting free money. Literally free - they don't have to do a thing for it. How is that something worth making up bullshit hard luck stories on Twitter? If they want that back pay, they should be WORKING for it, not sitting on their ass.

Fuck you, you worthless leaches - America doesn't need you, doesn't give a shit about you, and is actually enjoying watching you bitch. We hate you because you are just do-nothing cogs, getting paid to have a pulse while the rest of us actually produce.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Why are furloughed workers complaining? They are literally being paid NOT to work.
Posted by: Yo, slowpoke... ()
Date: January 11, 2019 12:18PM

In many cases, they are literally working, but NOT being paid for it. In other cases, they have been ordered NOT to work, and they are NOT being paid for that either.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Why are furloughed workers complaining? They are literally being paid NOT to work.
Posted by: Fuck you leaches ()
Date: January 11, 2019 12:28PM

Yo, slowpoke... Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In many cases, they are literally working, but NOT
> being paid for it. In other cases, they have been
> ordered NOT to work, and they are NOT being paid
> for that either.


And in the latter, they will STILL get paid, so they are basically on deferred-paid vacation. Pretty nice if you ask me - I wouldn't mind three of four weeks off, then coming back to work and being handed a fat check for all the time I stayed home and watched TV.

Fuck you, you fucking leaches - the very fact that the country is still running proves that you are totally superfluous and should simply be fired a-la Reagan and the controllers. Just fire these fucking leaches.

"Bu...bu...muh SNAP! How will I get my SNAP?! Gimmedat SNAP, nigga!"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Why are furloughed workers complaining? They are literally being paid NOT to work.
Posted by: Sluggo-vision ()
Date: January 11, 2019 12:31PM

Not essential = fire them Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Fuck you, you worthless leaches - America doesn't need
> you, doesn't give a shit about you, and is actually
> enjoying watching you bitch. We hate you because you
> are just do-nothing cogs, getting paid to have a pulse
> while the rest of us actually produce.

As your post so vividly illustrates, you don't 'produce' anything worth a shit at all. Such is the case with most private sector 'workers' in comparison to their federal 'counterparts'. The feds simply do more for less while the simpleton douchebags stand around and bitch about it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Why are furloughed workers complaining? They are literally being paid NOT to work.
Posted by: You live in subjective realities ()
Date: January 11, 2019 01:02PM

Sluggo-vision Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Not essential = fire them Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Fuck you, you worthless leaches - America
> doesn't need
> > you, doesn't give a shit about you, and is
> actually
> > enjoying watching you bitch. We hate you
> because you
> > are just do-nothing cogs, getting paid to have a
> pulse
> > while the rest of us actually produce.
>
> As your post so vividly illustrates, you don't
> 'produce' anything worth a shit at all. Such is
> the case with most private sector 'workers' in
> comparison to their federal 'counterparts'. The
> feds simply do more for less while the simpleton
> douchebags stand around and bitch about it.

LOL - when was the last time you heard a private sector company "furloughing" anyone LOL. In the real world, when you're useless, you just get FIRED.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Why are furloughed workers complaining? They are literally being paid NOT to work.
Posted by: LOL... ()
Date: January 11, 2019 01:58PM

People in the private sector are often subject to the cruelties and abuses of at-will employment, the poor things. Meanwhile many public sector employees can only be fired for cause. Imagine that -- there has to be an actual work-related reason for a termination.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Why are furloughed workers complaining? They are literally being paid NOT to work.
Posted by: Get in line ()
Date: January 11, 2019 04:09PM

Government employment is the same as being on welfare. Just a different name, and higher pay.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Why are furloughed workers complaining? They are literally being paid NOT to work.
Posted by: Human Tripod ()
Date: January 11, 2019 05:59PM

No sympathy. Except for the military, they're working for a business that is increasingly insolvent and collects its revenue via extortion.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Why are furloughed workers complaining? They are literally being paid NOT to work.
Posted by: Morons abound ()
Date: January 11, 2019 09:59PM

Y'all keep saying "they will get paid", but that isn't at all clear. How'd you like it if you were told "You can't do your job, but the work isn't going anywhere--you'll be busier than ever when you get back--and you MAY not even get paid for the non-work"?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Why are furloughed workers complaining? They are literally being paid NOT to work.
Posted by: Never been a joiner ()
Date: January 12, 2019 01:01AM

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/today-payday-not-hundreds-thousands-government-workers-092609023--abc-news-topstories.html

This article got me thinking:

One major union, the American Federation of Government Employees, estimated that about a third of the 800,000 impacted workers will miss their first paycheck on Friday.

Tony Reardon, head of the National Treasury Employees Union, which represents many IRS and U.S. Customs and Border Protection workers, called Friday an "ominous day" because it's the day the shutdown finally hits home for many Americans.

"Federal employees started this shutdown nervous and anxious about their future," he said. "Today, many of them will be downright terrified about whether they can make their car payment, their mortgage, their daycare bill or their children's tuition bills."


So, what are these Union's doing for their members during the shutdwon? I have read nothing about Unions stepping forward with interest free loans or other financial assistance, nothing about attempting to find temporary employment, or counseling or other forms of emotional support. NOTHING. Nothing but more rhetoric. Nothing but more drama. I am sure the Union shop stewards and the Union bosses aren't missing a paycheck. The Union coffers are full but that money is reserved for the inner sanctum. Fuck them. Remember these "tough times" you dues paying pawns when the next big Union meeting takes place at some swank resort with all you can eat buffets, open bars and endless rounds of golf.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Why are furloughed workers complaining? They are literally being paid NOT to work.
Posted by: Coontown ()
Date: January 12, 2019 01:04AM

Lazy gov't niggers don't actually do any work anyway.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Why are furloughed workers complaining? They are literally being paid NOT to work.
Posted by: You do ()
Date: January 12, 2019 06:44AM

Coontown Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Lazy gov't niggers don't actually do any work
> anyway.


What do you do for society?
And you sucking dick doesn't count

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Why are furloughed workers complaining? They are literally being paid NOT to work.
Posted by: A Fed 2 ()
Date: January 12, 2019 07:11AM

Coontown Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Lazy gov't niggers don't actually do any work
> anyway.


We do some work. Not every day but several times a week we do some work.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Why are furloughed workers complaining? They are literally being paid NOT to work.
Posted by: Nigger govt employees ()
Date: January 12, 2019 07:27AM

Niggahs be strugglin’ Bc They Jobs skillz only works at usda and shit!
Love watching niggahs livin beyond they means!
Miss a house payment after Not gettin they checks fo 2 weeks?!?
Niggah puhleeeze!
Martin Luther King embarrassed at u niggahs today!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Why are furloughed workers complaining? They are literally being paid NOT to work.
Posted by: Smart person, not a lib ()
Date: January 12, 2019 08:06AM

If Trump pays them I'll write in Tom Brady. That's ridiculous to get paid for not working and just one of the many problems with the federal government.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Why are furloughed workers complaining? They are literally being paid NOT to work.
Posted by: reality checker ()
Date: January 13, 2019 06:17AM

Never been a joiner Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> https://www.yahoo.com/gma/today-payday-not-hundred
> s-thousands-government-workers-092609023--abc-news
> -topstories.html
>
> This article got me thinking:
>
> One major union, the American Federation of
> Government Employees, estimated that about a third
> of the 800,000 impacted workers will miss their
> first paycheck on Friday.
>
> Tony Reardon, head of the National Treasury
> Employees Union, which represents many IRS and
> U.S. Customs and Border Protection workers, called
> Friday an "ominous day" because it's the day the
> shutdown finally hits home for many Americans.
>
> "Federal employees started this shutdown nervous
> and anxious about their future," he said. "Today,
> many of them will be downright terrified about
> whether they can make their car payment, their
> mortgage, their daycare bill or their children's
> tuition bills."
>
>
> So, what are these Union's doing for their members
> during the shutdwon? I have read nothing about
> Unions stepping forward with interest free loans
> or other financial assistance, nothing about
> attempting to find temporary employment, or
> counseling or other forms of emotional support.
> NOTHING. Nothing but more rhetoric. Nothing but
> more drama. I am sure the Union shop stewards and
> the Union bosses aren't missing a paycheck. The
> Union coffers are full but that money is reserved
> for the inner sanctum. Fuck them. Remember these
> "tough times" you dues paying pawns when the next
> big Union meeting takes place at some swank resort
> with all you can eat buffets, open bars and
> endless rounds of golf.

You are incredibly stupid. Try to think about the financial, legal, and human resource requirements to provide loans or employment services to hundreds of thousands of applicants all at once for an unknown length of time before spouting off this crap.

Options: ReplyQuote


Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
 ********   ********  ********        **  **     ** 
 **     **  **        **              **  ***   *** 
 **     **  **        **              **  **** **** 
 **     **  ******    ******          **  ** *** ** 
 **     **  **        **        **    **  **     ** 
 **     **  **        **        **    **  **     ** 
 ********   **        **         ******   **     ** 
This forum powered by Phorum.