HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
FCPS HR Is Anti Teacher
Posted by: FCPS Teachers ()
Date: January 09, 2019 11:25AM

FCPS has continued to assault staff. They assume we are all criminals and assume the worse. Catherine Carroll and her main henchman Cindy Fitzgerald have created a culture of attacking staff. She has contempt for us all. They are investigating everyone and want to punish everyone harshly.
Grievances are flying left and right.
How can we continue to work without support?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: FCPS HR Is Anti Teacher
Posted by: Retired Teacher ()
Date: January 09, 2019 01:28PM

Retired from FCPS a number of years ago and recall a time when one could call HR and they would actually look to Eli teachers.

Posted by: Retired Teacher ()
Date: January 09, 2019 01:29PM

Retired Teacher Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Retired from FCPS a number of years ago and recall
> a time when one could call HR and they would
> actually look to help teachers.

Posted by: Get out ()
Date: January 09, 2019 04:15PM

Get out! You are banging your head against a wall.Gone are the days of respect for the position. We used to think that if you put kids first you would be okay. We were taught that there were basically 2 things that could get you fired: sex with a kid and stealing. Now...why do it?

Posted by: Lack due process ()
Date: January 09, 2019 07:23PM

Former CPS investigators. They assume guilt and lack due process for the accused. They leave FCPS open to grievances, settlements, and law suits.

Posted by: StupidMess ()
Date: January 10, 2019 07:15AM

FCPS brings in a new HR person to fix old problems. Both are complicit in creating more of a mess. More lawsuits are on the horizon and FCPS will be schooled..again.

Posted by: Organize ()
Date: February 08, 2019 07:56PM

FEA and FCFT should organize to get Carroll fired. She’s more anti-employee than anyone we’ve seen.

Posted by: mmn4j ()
Date: February 08, 2019 08:39PM

Retired Teacher Wrote:
> Retired from FCPS a number of years ago and recall
> a time when one could call HR and they would
> actually look to Eli teachers.

is that when fx co gov was running early retirement for "special people" ? like < 20 years and you get full retirement

must be sweet

better hope you don't get caught

Posted by: Pragmatist ()
Date: February 08, 2019 10:12PM

To the OP--How naive are you? Who pays the HR people in the FCPS? Is it the Teacher's Union? No, it's the employer. Guess who gets the benefit of the doubt. This is not unique to FCPS, or, for that matter, the Public Sector. This is also common in the Private Sector. HR will act to make sure that their employer follows laws, union contracts,and regulations because they know that violations of those can be costly to the employer. Beyond that, you are on your own. Welcome to the real world.

Posted by: Accountability ()
Date: February 21, 2019 03:39PM

HR represents the employer, true. But they still should have accountability. Favoritism was the name of the game under Draeger. Racism was rampant under Pajardo. Sexual misconduct and probationary termination were Ramey's goal. Now, it seems just fire everyone. The superintendent talks about supporting students and staff. But then stabs them all in the back. Atwater getting pushed out is a joke. Same for Goldfarb.

Posted by: Little respect ()
Date: February 22, 2019 06:43AM

As a grad of The FCPS system with children currently attending FCPS I feel compelled to call out the premise that teachers in general care about their students or are worth the money they siphon from the rest of us. Leaving aside that I had to regularly correct errors my high school “teachers” were “teaching,” I have only come across two two FCPS teachers and two FCPS administrators that seem to even remotely care about my kids or my children’s classmates.

Teachers, if you don’t like your job, quit. You are grossly over paid for your “work” and your benefits are far too generous. Try working in the private sector before you complain. (As a side note, don’t claim that I don’t know how “hard” teachers “work” outside of school hours. I have two relatives teaching in the FCPS system).

Posted by: Fcpslawsuits ()
Date: February 22, 2019 08:06AM

How many times has FCPS been sued in the past 20 years? How much $$ did they have to pay out?

Posted by: FCPS teaches progturd lies ()
Date: February 22, 2019 08:49AM

Who cares what happens to the progturd democrat party FCPS teachers, they are just propagandists for the evil FCPS democrat controlled school board that goes out of their way for the shithole-country students that attend, while neglecting and debasing the white students and the noble history of European Americans. I have three kids that attend 3rd, 5th, and 7th grade and every fucking lesson, picture, artwork or just about anything at their schools is to glorify the pathetic 'achievements' of the brownskin population. What, you think we don't notice the ridiculous murals, set in tile all over the fucking place with yellow, black, and brown colored people and one white person thrown in for posterity?

FUCK OFF DEMOCRAT DIVERSITY LOVING SHITHEAD TEACHERS WE HATE YOU AND WILL LEAVE THIS BROWNTURD AREA SO YOU CAN HAVE LITTLE SHIT COLORED GRANDKIDS.

Posted by: FCPSstinks ()
Date: February 22, 2019 01:00PM

I agree that teachers are asked to work long hours/days; too many students. It's become a miserable job dealing with lots of students, admin/academic issues, and stay at home mothers.

However, FCPS teachers have become unprofessional bullies, rude (local) management/principals and teachers alike, uncaring, unorganized, unsympathetic punitive wolves. Blame the kid is so much easier.

FCPS spends SO much money on TJ/AP and ESL/special needs that average/above-average kids are screwed unless they have private tutors and/or affluent parents.

I had always been a big supporter of public education, but not anymore. My kids are in private schools. Soon, only really smart or ESL/special ed students, and white trash, will attend FCPS (... frankly, I think this scenario has already happened).

Posted by: Moreofthesame ()
Date: February 22, 2019 02:47PM

What is FCPS doing with Lake Braddock? HR has done a number on that place.

Posted by: ht4cg ()
Date: February 22, 2019 02:54PM

I love it when the liberals start to eat themselves due to the system they themselves have created.

Hope them Union dues and summers off are working out for ya!

Posted by: Teachers R Yummy ()
Date: February 22, 2019 07:18PM

I love banging the young teachers in the evenings after the kids leave in their newly renovated rooms/schools

Posted by: former teacher ()
Date: June 20, 2019 11:06AM

Another slew of probationary teachers were just released without any cause. Catherine Carroll gleefully ruins careers and doesn't care about the individuals. How can someone who doesn't know the first thing about teaching, treats her employees horribly, and has a shoot first ask questions later mentality be in charge of these decisions?

Posted by: Piiiiiii ()
Date: June 20, 2019 06:48PM

Little respect Wrote:
> As a grad of The FCPS system with children
> currently attending FCPS I feel compelled to call
> out the premise that teachers in general care
> about their students or are worth the money they
> siphon from the rest of us. Leaving aside that I
> had to regularly correct errors my high school
> “teachers” were “teaching,” I have only
> come across two two FCPS teachers and two FCPS
> administrators that seem to even remotely care
> about my kids or my children’s classmates.
>
> Teachers, if you don’t like your job, quit. You
> are grossly over paid for your “work” and your
> benefits are far too generous. Try working in the
> private sector before you complain. (As a side
> note, don’t claim that I don’t know how
> “hard” teachers “work” outside of school
> hours. I have two relatives teaching in the FCPS
> system).

If you really think that you are a shitty parent . why would you send your kids to a school if you thought that ? have you ever taught ? You would probably last one day in a class with 30 kids and FYI it’s probably you they don’t like not your kids . I feel sorry for your kids

Posted by: ScrewedUpPractice ()
Date: June 20, 2019 07:05PM

former teacher Wrote:
> Another slew of probationary teachers were just
> released without any cause. Catherine Carroll
> gleefully ruins careers and doesn't care about the
> individuals. How can someone who doesn't know the
> first thing about teaching, treats her employees
> horribly, and has a shoot first ask questions
> later mentality be in charge of these decisions?

Agree and disagree. It’s dirty how they do things but if you need a teacher removed, it doesn’t take much.

Posted by: Unfair ()
Date: June 20, 2019 07:34PM

I know probationary means they can be fired any time. It’s just Ms. Carroll does so without any reason, investigation, thought or care.
She is a plague on the school system and an example of the disrespect of teachers and parents.

Posted by: teecher onion ()
Date: June 20, 2019 07:37PM

welcom 2 the onion!

Posted by: wicked ()
Date: June 23, 2019 09:16PM

Catherine Carroll and Dee Hawley Brown are a pair of witches who humiliate their employees while harming fcps staff members.

They should be kicked out of gatehouse as the start of some house cleaning.

Then they’ll see how they’ve treated people feels when it is turned on them.

Posted by: Who’s teaching whom ()
Date: June 24, 2019 11:06AM

What’s the difference between “employees” and “staff members”?

Posted by: Bill.N. ()
Date: June 24, 2019 12:44PM

Why would I want a public school HR deparment to be pro-teacher? Not rhetorical.

The goal of a public school system should be to exert the maximum effort to try to offer its students the chance to get the best quality education for the funds available. If that means HR being soft on teachers who like to work outside the normal boundaries, so be it. If that means HR supporting a principal or administrator who is presiding over the teachers like Atilla the Hun, I am good with that too. What matters is RESULTS. And by results I mean the imparting of knowledge and not simply students graduating. A stupid kid with a high school diploma is still a stupid kid.

Posted by: Teacher 1 ()
Date: June 25, 2019 03:43PM

Too bad that isn’t actually the effect. When you have a principal that runs things like Atilla the Hun, turnaround rises significantly for both teachers and support staff. This means that they will need to be replaced and that those replacements will have to be trained to work effectively in their new environments and that work performance will typically be lower, sometimes significantly. That means a less effective education for students.

Principals with high employees turnover should be looked at closely by Gatehouse. Unfortunately, it’s a pretty widespread problem with FCPS.

Posted by: apathy ()
Date: July 01, 2019 12:32PM

The people in gatehouse just care about saving their own jobs. They don’t care about kids or education. May as well be working at Walmart.
Maybe if they were, there would be better customer service

Posted by: gatehouse mole ()
Date: July 01, 2019 12:55PM

Gatehouse is a swamp. They are all in it for themselves. I recently caught Draeger dipping his pen in the company ink with a short blond who works for him.

Posted by: kdsmg ()
Date: July 01, 2019 01:30PM

Teacher 1 Wrote:
> Principals with high employees turnover should be
> looked at closely by Gatehouse.

It works both ways. Lack of turnover when student performance is stagnating or declining is just as much a warning sign as high turnover.

Posted by: gatehouse mole ()
Date: July 03, 2019 01:38PM

Why aren't catherine carroll and bryan gibson investigating the use of funds to cover up Mike D's affair with Jennifer Atkins instead of wasting their time creating suspicious cases against teachers?
They saw what happened to Alex Case and his suspicious trips reported on the news. If I was them I'd get ahead of channel five reporters.

Posted by: WTK ()
Date: July 03, 2019 02:32PM

Who is Mike D? Are these people at LBSS?

Posted by: NBD ()
Date: July 05, 2019 11:33AM

WTK Wrote:
> Who is Mike D? Are these people at LBSS?

It looks like they are Gatehouse people.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.