HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
BLACK LAWMAKERS’ CHARITY DIDN’T GIVE OUT A SINGLE SCHOLARSHIP, TOP POLS HIDE FINANCIALS
Posted by: Raise$2Raise$2Raise$ ()
Date: January 01, 2019 07:58AM

The caucus of black New York state lawmakers runs a charity whose stated mission is to empower “African American and Latino youth through education and leadership initiatives” by “providing opportunity to higher education” — but it hasn’t given a single scholarship to needy youth in two years, according to a New York Post investigation.

The group collects money from companies like AT&T, the Real Estate Board of New York, Time Warner Cable and CableVision, telling them in promotional materials that they are “changing lives, one scholarship at a time.”

The group — called the Association of Black and Puerto Rican Legislators, Inc. — instead spent $500,000 in the 2015 – 2016 fiscal year on items like food, limousines and rap music, the Post found.

The politicians refused to divulge the charity’s 2017 tax filing to the Post despite federal requirements that charities do so upon request.

Its main activity is holding and selling tickets to an elaborate party each year intended to raise money for its stated mission of providing scholarships for youth. But year after year, essentially all the money simply seems to go to festivities.

Its chairman, Assemblywoman Latrice Walker of Brooklyn, claimed to have no knowledge of the charity’s failure to fulfill its mission. She told the Post through a spokesman that she “does not have any knowledge of the matter.” Walker is running to be the public advocate for New York City, its second-highest elected position and one tasked with investigating complaints.

Walker did not return The Daily Caller News Foundation’s request for comment, which included a request that she share the charity’s latest tax filing. (RELATED: NYC Synagogue Vandalism Suspect Is Former City Hall Anti-Hate Crime Intern)

The charity’s treasurer, Assemblyman Gary Pretlow of Westchester, expressed no knowledge of the charity’s activities.

“I just sign the checks they give me,” he said.

https://dailycaller.com/2018/12/31/black-lawmakers-charity-didnt-give-out-a-single-scholarship-top-pols-hide-financials/

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: BLACK LAWMAKERS’ CHARITY DIDN’T GIVE OUT A SINGLE SCHOLARSHIP, TOP POLS HIDE FINANCIALS
Posted by: Jonah Ryan ()
Date: January 01, 2019 09:15AM

I thought this was what all the "black charities" did?

Giving them money every year is what we point to in order to prove we aren't racist. Thankfully no one cares.

Re: BLACK LAWMAKERS’ CHARITY DIDN’T GIVE OUT A SINGLE SCHOLARSHIP, TOP POLS HIDE FINANCIALS
Posted by: Jane Goodall ()
Date: January 01, 2019 10:30AM

Apes can be trusted with money more than Black politicians or ministers.

Posted by: ph9tm ()
Date: January 01, 2019 01:11PM

> The group collects money from companies like AT&T, the Real Estate Board of New York, Time Warner Cable and CableVision, telling them in promotional materials that they are “changing lives, one scholarship at a time.”

this is where your fucking stupid. they are in the mob you idiot.

it's a 501c using gov money that is legally liable to disburse 75% of money to actual persons and doesn't (which is what all 501c do) (and note 25% management fee is outrageous for most since they are small organizations)

Time warner is CNN (duh! check your mergers)

it's new york. they are "on the take"

Posted by: pnjpb ()
Date: January 01, 2019 01:12PM

CNN isn't a victim you idiot. CNN planned it and got caught.

Posted by: dpcwk ()
Date: January 01, 2019 01:20PM

But Trump!

Posted by: Proud Democratic ()
Date: January 01, 2019 08:19PM

Niggers are not in the mob.

Posted by: UltraRight ()
Date: January 13, 2020 06:53AM

Hi guys, thanks for this topic, But I can find a trusted source for the scholarship somewhere. Since this is important to me (my son wants to study graphic design) , I ask on different forums about it, and try to cope as soon as I can, but on one of the forums I found an article listsofscholarships.com about this, which allowed me to first check this article for a power of attorney , but later it turned out that the source was good and my son still received a scholarship :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2020 06:57AM by UltraRight.

Posted by: Dead nigger registry ()
Date: January 13, 2020 07:21PM

Poor Elijah Muhammad Cummings reppin’ Baltimore.
Soon johns Lewis.
Then, MLK statue gets pushed into Potomac.

Posted by: Lester Maddoxxx ()
Date: January 14, 2020 03:57PM

Dead nigger registry Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Poor Elijah Muhammad Cummings reppin’
> Baltimore.
> Soon johns Lewis.
> Then, MLK statue gets pushed into Potomac.

+111111

Posted by: 8sdfjf ()
Date: January 14, 2020 05:16PM

It's called a 501c, grant money means federal spending, they are awarded POLITICALLY - usually to political children.

Fairfax Va (and fairfax Ca) have hundreds of them, 99.95% of them are 99.95% scams.

BIG NEWS: gives you impeachment news when democrats are trying to pass PORK AND BARREL SPENDING, rarely report on corrupt 501c

BIG NEWS and TV: gets grant money btw - they are deep in the list of perps

Posted by: 8sdfjf ()
Date: January 14, 2020 05:19PM

how many businesses were built using Federal money then "privatized" (literally given away) ???

ALLOT

and that's exactly what NEWS isn't helping with

How many people were prosecuted in court without a shred of evidence? again - news only reports when government wants it reported on - and government only knows what happened in a trial when they want to tell reports - otherwise they say "it was not recorded" (or ask for $20 - reporters can't afford THAT, it would be millions of dollars for a wide investigation)

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.