HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
donuts thats all i can say
Posted by: dippin4life ()
Date: February 07, 2007 05:07PM

hey all im new to this fourm but here it goes...
to make a long story short i did donuts with some friends at my schools chruch parking lot(nice and big parking lot). no 1 was there it was just me and a couple of friends at 10am, so i discided to do some donuts just to have some fun and laughs. then i see this cop come out of no were, and im like fuckin shit. he says that i have to go to court. i just asked my other friend that he did the same thing and that the judge said that he didnt have time for his shit and that he gave him a 30 day suspension on his license. and he had to go to some driving classes, but when the cop pulled me over i told him that there was other people there and there was alot of tracks there ( i also took some pics of the area). but other then that what do u guys think that i might get?!

Thanks for reading

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: donuts thats all i can say
Posted by: Dennis! ()
Date: February 07, 2007 05:24PM

thats ridiculous he even wrote you up for it, what did he charge you with.
take the pictures with you . Plead no content to the judge. Say you wanted to
better your driving in snow conditions in an empty parking lot. Also mention that
you never drove in the snow before and just wanted to learn how to manage your car
under these weather conditions. Cop will look like a dumbass and you will walk as a free man. I got charged with the same thing when we had the first snow. I walked away with nothing and no lawyer.

Date: February 07, 2007 05:49PM

damn thats awsome but like the thing is i also said that i saw other people doing donuts and i thought that it would be ok to do it but like u said...i could say that i was trying to learn driving conditions in the snow. also other thing....i know that it is a law that a cop cannot go into ur car without a warnt and the drivers aprovel, he first asked me if i had anything in the car and he told me to open the door and my truck. u think i can get him for that 2?

Thanks again

Posted by: Lurker ()
Date: February 07, 2007 06:05PM

Well the truth be told, the FFX Police do the best donuts in snowy parking lots. http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read.php?46,12701

Date: February 07, 2007 06:35PM

i mean is there any thing that any 1 esle things?!? i need all the help i can get

Thanks!

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: February 07, 2007 06:39PM

dippin4life Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> damn thats awsome but like the thing is i also
> said that i saw other people doing donuts and i
> thought that it would be ok to do it

Cool... if they were doing lines I would have assumed a free pass from the cops too.

Posted by: T-Bone™ ()
Date: February 07, 2007 06:41PM

I can't see how he can charge with shit. He has no jurisdiction on private property... Unless the church wishes to press trespassing charges I don't see how this pig (no pun intended) can fly...

Date: February 07, 2007 06:46PM

T-Bone™ Wrote:
> I can't see how he can charge with shit. He has no
> jurisdiction on private property... Unless the
> church wishes to press trespassing charges I don't
> see how this pig (no pun intended) can fly...

ya man i dont get it either but like he said that a neighbor called in and when the cop came he saw me in the parking lot trying to turn, also but when i saw the cop i went to a dead stop and i did everything that he said. but like Dennis said..i could have been learn the diferent snow conditions because it was our first really snowing in that parking lot and that i didnt mean anything bad.

Posted by: snafu ()
Date: February 07, 2007 06:52PM

He can charge on private property for reckless driving. You better look into getting a lawyer. A conviction is six bad points on the license, same as drunk driving. It is actually a criminal offense and you can do jail time, not to scare you, just to let you know.

Date: February 07, 2007 06:53PM

ya i mean i was thinking about getting a lawyer but DAWMN! there expensive...does any one recomend a lawyer that i should get in the alexandria area? that does the job right and cheap? but like couldnt i go to like a driving class as well and get those points taken out?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2007 06:58PM by dippin4life.

Date: February 07, 2007 07:04PM

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+46.2-864

prob this code section. If you are out of work or dont have any bucks maybe the court will appoint a lawyer. If you have plus points on your license that would help. Too bad the cop wrote for that. sounds like you were just out having fun and no danger was involved.

I dont have the web site but Virginia offers those classes on line and you earn plus points. If you go that route take the class before the court date it might show the judge you are taking it seriously. I think it is eight hours if you go to the school in person, online I dont know how long.

Date: February 07, 2007 07:16PM

ya because i have gone to that 8 hour class before thats why i was asking. and yes i wasnt doing anything bad i didnt hit anything i wasnt doing anything bad..i was just having a good time. :D but the good thing is....i know who called me in >.< he was like right across the street from the chruch i was at and when the cop got there he had the door open and it looked like he was drinking coffee. but ya can u do 2 driving classes in 1 year or i think the instructor said that it only counts every year those 5 but i got a speeding ticket before and the dmv made me go to that class.

Date: February 07, 2007 07:28PM

figures some guy who hates life with nothing better to do than call the cops on someone having fun. Just a thought, if you get a lawyer and he wants to plead not guilty then go take some pictures of the lot preferably when no one is parked on it. A friend of mine did that to show how big the lot was and that it wasnt dangerous as there was nothing to hit and no one around.
Not taking the cops side but maybe the guy who called was watching the whole thing and if the cop let you go without a ticket he would complain on the cop for not doing anything.

Date: February 07, 2007 07:34PM

no i mean....he gave me a ticket but it was only a summons to go to court

Posted by: duh ()
Date: February 07, 2007 10:17PM

You shoulda known donuts would attract the cops. Like, everybody knows cops can smell donuts from miles away!

Do pretzels next time....

Posted by: Dennis! ()
Date: February 07, 2007 11:53PM

wow noone saw that one coming ^(idiot above), just kinda snuck up on all of us....

Posted by: Lurker ()
Date: February 08, 2007 07:48AM

Post some of the pictures you took of the lot.

Date: February 08, 2007 08:00PM

Date: February 08, 2007 08:05PM

so what do u guys think?

Posted by: Space Ghost Coast to Coast ()
Date: February 08, 2007 08:23PM

Donuts are stupid, try some handbrake turns. A few years ago I could do handbrake turns on normal streets every time it snowed, and never crash or spin out.

Posted by: DUDE ()
Date: February 08, 2007 08:25PM

I think you're a dumb ass.....y are you posting these pictures?

Posted by: Space Ghost Coast to Coast ()
Date: February 08, 2007 08:34PM

I forgot this forum has preview but no editing. I should add I only did it when there was nobody else on the road or near it. I'd been playing racing and rally simulators a lot and found that I did well driving in the snow in real life.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: February 08, 2007 09:03PM

Donuts are stupid, try some handbrake turns.

Well there's some sound advice. Better listen to him, dippin4life, he majored in pre-med.

"I'd been playing racing and rally simulators a lot and found that I did well driving in the snow in real life."

"I'd been playing racing and rally simulators a lot and found that I did well driving in the snow in real life."

Date: February 08, 2007 09:30PM

The funny thing is they did this in front of a neighborhood full of houses in plain view. They were probably annoying the shit out of everyone with the noise. I'll bet the cops got twenty calls, not one.

Posted by: duh ()
Date: February 08, 2007 09:50PM

LOLOL....I own one of the houses (rental) in those pics! Bristow Dr and Newcastle DR, Annandale, right?

The Presbyterian Church lot adjoins Annandale High School.

A REALLY stupid place to fuck around....there's a 90 year old woman in one of those houses that don't miss a thing!

Date: February 08, 2007 10:02PM

On the plus side the track marks kind of stay in the width of the tire. Coulnt have been going all that fast or the tire tracks would have been wider.

Posted by: p.s. ()
Date: February 08, 2007 10:03PM

Give the guy credit he actually is doing something rather than just bitching on here about how unfair it is.

Posted by: Richard ()
Date: February 08, 2007 10:08PM

Go ahead and take those pictures to court with you. I'm sure the judge will toss the case out after seeing that. Oh, better take a tube of K-Y with you just to be on the safe side.

Date: February 09, 2007 08:24AM

Some of those lines are only a few feet from a sidewalk. If you're going to do it then at least stay clear of where pedestrians may be in case you slide. I'm with the old lady and the cops on this one.

Date: February 09, 2007 08:52AM

pgens Wrote:
> Some of those lines are only a few feet from a
> sidewalk. If you're going to do it then at least
> stay clear of where pedestrians may be in case you
> slide. I'm with the old lady and the cops on this
> one.

the thing was that i wasnt the only one there

Date: February 09, 2007 08:52AM

Richard Wrote:
> Go ahead and take those pictures to court with
> you. I'm sure the judge will toss the case out
> after seeing that. Oh, better take a tube of K-Y
> with you just to be on the safe side.

what do u mean by K-Y?

Date: February 09, 2007 08:53AM

p.s. Wrote:
> Give the guy credit he actually is doing something
> rather than just bitching on here about how unfair
> it is.

Thank you!

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: February 09, 2007 08:59AM

Dippin4life, not once in the history of jurisprudence has the argument "but your honor, I wasn't the only person there doing it!" worked out for someone.

Just shut up and get a lawyer. Why is that so hard for everyone to understand? Being charged for a crime, get a lawyer. Why does everyone assume FFX Underground will have real answers on legal questions? I understand coming here to ask, but then not getting the fact that we will never be able to assure you of anything... pretty dense.

Date: February 09, 2007 11:18AM

dippin4life Wrote:
> the thing was that i wasnt the only one there

So you made things even more unsafe by adding another car to the limited space, and you see that as an excuse or a reason why you shouldn't be punished? Rather than hand us this BS, just take the advice given in post #2 and be done with it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2007 11:18AM by pgens.

Posted by: VA Driver ()
Date: February 09, 2007 02:02PM

I go out and do donuts every time it snows. Use a little common sense -- go out at night when no one's around, choose a lot that's not in view of any houses or major roads like behind an office park and you'll be fine. Let us know how your court appearance goes.

Posted by: maybe ()
Date: February 09, 2007 03:01PM

You can always try to talk to the state attorney or have your lawyer do it. Maybe they can bump the charge down to improper driving which is a lesser charge and less points. You may even get lucky and the judge will be having a good day and dismiss it or the cop wont show up, you never know.

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: February 09, 2007 03:53PM

how bout bringing the video on here withe cops doing the dounuts?

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: February 09, 2007 04:28PM

how bout bringing the video on here withe cops doing the dounuts?

http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read.php?46,12701

Posted by: Firrat ()
Date: February 11, 2007 05:35AM

TheMeeper Wrote:
> how bout bringing the video on here withe cops
> doing the dounuts?
>
> http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read.php?4
> 6,12701

lol.... watch them look at it and say, we cannot specify if it is ffxc police cruisers from the blur of the video.

hah

Posted by: COP ()
Date: February 28, 2007 07:33AM

I looked at the pics and I have to say your "donuts" suck. Looks to me like you drove in circles a couple of times. If you dont know how to drive, DONT!

Posted by: what ever happened ()
Date: February 28, 2007 08:03AM

Did it ever go to court?

Posted by: smooth ()
Date: March 06, 2007 04:34PM

The police can charge you for reckless driving and DWI on private property.
And going into the courts saying that you were learning how to drive in the snow will only get you convicted.

Posted by: Enough already ()
Date: September 09, 2020 06:05PM

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.