HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2
What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: Baron Trump ()
Date: December 22, 2018 07:59AM

Shouldn't everyone who gets a check from the taxpayer be essential or at least useful?

Can someone define this for me?


Even better, if you are a non-essential government employee, can you tell us what the fuck you do all day?

All answers appreciated!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: Not again... ()
Date: December 22, 2018 08:03AM

How do you dopes fail to learn a damned thing about how the real world actually works? How do you manage to have such fucked up understandings of perfectly simple words?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: Baron Trump ()
Date: December 22, 2018 08:05AM

1.
not absolutely necessary.
"during the strike nonessential hospital services were halted"
synonyms: unnecessary, inessential, unessential, noncore, needless, unneeded, superfluous, uncalled for, redundant, dispensable, expendable, unimportant, extraneous
"nonessential items such as colognes and cosmetics are not permitted"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: A good start ()
Date: December 22, 2018 08:07AM

Maybe they mean the ones who do affirmative action, diversity and LGBT programs?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: Baron Trump ()
Date: December 22, 2018 08:09AM

If the synonyms are "needless", "unimportant" and "expendable", I think that is your answer right there.


What say you?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: Bottom feeders... ()
Date: December 22, 2018 08:14AM

I say you might be some low-level schwug who only sees a couple hundred pixels of the Big Picture.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: Baron Trump ()
Date: December 22, 2018 08:22AM

Bottom feeders... Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I say you might be some low-level schwug who only
> sees a couple hundred pixels of the Big Picture.


Explain the big picture. What is a non-essential government employee?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: Bottom feeders... ()
Date: December 22, 2018 08:32AM

Go fuck yourself, moron. If you don't know, it's because you are either too stupid or too lazy, and there is nothing that anyone else can do about that Fucking asshole!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: DHS SHUT DOWN ()
Date: December 22, 2018 08:35AM

The only agency affected is DHS. That's why libs want a shut down.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: Here's one now ^^^^ ()
Date: December 22, 2018 08:36AM

Bottom feeders... Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Go fuck yourself, moron. If you don't know, it's
> because you are either too stupid or too lazy, and
> there is nothing that anyone else can do about
> that Fucking asshole!


SO you get a government check?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: Libs hate Americans. ()
Date: December 22, 2018 08:43AM

Baron Trump Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Bottom feeders... Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I say you might be some low-level schwug who
> only
> > sees a couple hundred pixels of the Big
> Picture.
>
>
> Explain the big picture. What is a non-essential
> government employee?


Every demoncrat.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: Sheesh... ()
Date: December 22, 2018 08:47AM

DHS SHUT DOWN Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The only agency affected is DHS. That's why libs want a shut down.

Typical right-wing dumbfuck. also left in limbo by the Trump-Limbaugh administration shutdown are workers at HUD, Commerce, NASA, the Park Service, the Weather Service, and the IRS.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: Deep ()
Date: December 22, 2018 08:47AM

Pretty much all of them.

We could cut the Federal government by 90% without negative effects. Since the 1990s, it has become a public works program.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: blanche ()
Date: December 22, 2018 08:48AM

I think the real reason that people are afraid of the government "shutting down" is that the tax payers will see that these "non-essential workers" are exactly that -- non-essential -- and we can do without them permanently.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: Oh the humanity! ()
Date: December 22, 2018 08:50AM

> HUD, Commerce, NASA, the Park Service,
> the Weather Service, and the IRS.


OMG what will we do without them!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: Wealth manager... ()
Date: December 22, 2018 08:51AM

Here's one now ^^^^ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> SO you get a government check?

Sure do, and it's a big fat one, the likes of which you will never see.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: Ghost employees ()
Date: December 22, 2018 08:51AM

blanche Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think the real reason that people are afraid of
> the government "shutting down" is that the tax
> payers will see that these "non-essential workers"
> are exactly that -- non-essential -- and we can do
> without them permanently.


I've heard rumors of ghost employees for the feds who get comfy salaries and never even clock in. A huge accounting scam. Mafia does the same thing at union jobsites.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: The Final Solution ()
Date: December 22, 2018 08:52AM

Suppose the government decided that they would reduce the payroll and the bloat by cutting xx% of these non-essential workers? I bet that cutting them by only 10% or so would save billions and billions every year. They are non-essential anyway.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: Bad idea... ()
Date: December 22, 2018 08:55AM

blanche Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think the real reason that people are afraid of
> the government "shutting down" is that the tax
> payers will see that these "non-essential workers"
> are exactly that -- non-essential -- and we can do
> without them permanently.

You would never have an accurate weather forecast again. Or any demographic and economic data. And there'd be no one to hand Trump's tax returns over to Congress.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: Libs hate Americans. ()
Date: December 22, 2018 08:57AM

Oh the humanity! Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > HUD, Commerce, NASA, the Park Service,
> > the Weather Service, and the IRS.
>
>
> OMG what will we do without them!

Lets add the EPA and DOE in there and make a shutdown permanent.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: Shockingly dumb... ()
Date: December 22, 2018 08:57AM

You think that because you are just plain too stupid to know any better.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: LOL! LIBTARDS!!! ()
Date: December 22, 2018 09:03AM

Bad idea... Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> blanche Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I think the real reason that people are afraid
> of
> > the government "shutting down" is that the tax
> > payers will see that these "non-essential
> workers"
> > are exactly that -- non-essential -- and we can
> do
> > without them permanently.
>
> You would never have an accurate weather forecast
> again. Or any demographic and economic data. And
> there'd be no one to hand Trump's tax returns over
> to Congress.


^^^^Gotta be a libtard. Can't even fathom not relying in government. Sorry, this is still America you libtarded filth.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: Baron Trump ()
Date: December 22, 2018 09:08AM

I figured I would get a bunch of name calling, but that's OK.

Can some non-essential government employee explain themselves?

I have my suspicions. Prove me wrong, maybe.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: Bad idea... ()
Date: December 22, 2018 09:27AM

LOL! LIBTARDS!!! Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ^^^^Gotta be a libtard. Can't even fathom not
> relying in government. Sorry, this is still
> America you libtarded filth.

Suck my dick, asshole. Keep in mind though that it is much bigger and more widely admired than yours. Meanwhile, there are public goods and there are private goods. Even ridiculously stupid people should know the difference, but likely you do not. So go look this shit up and see if you can bring yourself up to gerbil-level at least.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: Bad idea ()
Date: December 22, 2018 09:31AM

Baron Trump Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I figured I would get a bunch of name calling, but that's OK.

So, you knew in advance that nothing you were going to post would be worth a drizzly shit. So, that's ONE thing you got right. The rest is just a predictable crock of crap.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: Libtards aren't people ()
Date: December 22, 2018 09:36AM

Bad idea... Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> LOL! LIBTARDS!!! Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > ^^^^Gotta be a libtard. Can't even fathom not
> > relying in government. Sorry, this is still
> > America you libtarded filth.
>
> Suck my dick, asshole. Keep in mind though that
> it is much bigger and more widely admired than
> yours. Meanwhile, there are public goods and
> there are private goods. Even ridiculously stupid
> people should know the difference, but likely you
> do not. So go look this shit up and see if you
> can bring yourself up to gerbil-level at least.

^^^^^Libtarded libtard thinks the US government produces goods.

LOL! That's really, really sad. Your parents are failures.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: Dumb Ass ()
Date: December 22, 2018 10:00AM

Baron Trump Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I figured I would get a bunch of name calling, but
> that's OK.
>
> Can some non-essential government employee explain
> themselves?
>
> I have my suspicions. Prove me wrong, maybe.


Says the sniveling dip shit that is suffering so bad from Trump Traumatic Stress Disorder (TTSD) that he has to hide behind a 12 year old's name.


I bet the very mention of President Trump's name sends you to the "Puppy Rooms" to help calm your quivering fears.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: No answers ()
Date: December 22, 2018 09:52PM

What is a non-essential government employee?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: Number One Deplorable ()
Date: December 22, 2018 10:01PM

Deep Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Pretty much all of them.
>
> We could cut the Federal government by 90% without
> negative effects. Since the 1990s, it has become
> a public works program.

This. A thousand times this.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: Number One Deplorable ()
Date: December 22, 2018 10:03PM

blanche Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think the real reason that people are afraid of
> the government "shutting down" is that the tax
> payers will see that these "non-essential workers"
> are exactly that -- non-essential -- and we can do
> without them permanently.

Bingo.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: Blimmo ()
Date: December 22, 2018 10:16PM

all of them, starting with Trump and going down to the lowest floor scrubber.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: Taxpayers = Suckers ()
Date: December 23, 2018 07:55AM

Non-essential government employees are non-essential. They need our money to survive while they perform work that is non-essential.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: Sheesh!!! ()
Date: December 23, 2018 08:08AM

The number of completely disinformed dumbfucks posting in this thread is simply staggering. No person should ever have become so dumb, but just look at all this worthless garbage being posted.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: Baron Trump ()
Date: December 23, 2018 09:20AM

Sheesh!!! Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The number of completely disinformed dumbfucks
> posting in this thread is simply staggering. No
> person should ever have become so dumb, but just
> look at all this worthless garbage being posted.

Tell me why the government should hire people are non-essential?

We only need essential if you asked me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: General Schedule ()
Date: December 23, 2018 09:27AM

No answers Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What is a non-essential government employee?

I work during shutdowns because I'm an IT type who oversees financial data.
The other employees who come to work are security, telephone operators, and
attorneys who are working on active cases and have court deadlines to meet.
There is also building maintenance staff who keep the heat and a/c going.
There may be others but I can only speak for one agency. I almost forgot the
agencies Director and other muky muks. Everyone else is "non-essential" but
when they're called back to work they'll have a shitload of work piled up
and it might take a while for them to get caught up.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: GS-15 ()
Date: December 23, 2018 09:30AM

Like 90% of other government employees, I spend the day surfing the internet while contractors do all the work. Every once in a while, I bring in the contractor's project manager and berate them for charging too much for labor. It's a great career; you can never be held accountable for anything or be fired (unless you're a white male).

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: Truth and Wisdom ()
Date: December 23, 2018 09:31AM

Bad idea... Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> LOL! LIBTARDS!!! Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > ^^^^Gotta be a libtard. Can't even fathom not
> > relying in government. Sorry, this is still
> > America you libtarded filth.
>
> Suck my dick, asshole. Keep in mind though that
> it is much bigger and more widely admired than
> yours. Meanwhile, there are public goods and
> there are private goods. Even ridiculously stupid
> people should know the difference, but likely you
> do not. So go look this shit up and see if you
> can bring yourself up to gerbil-level at least.

Anyone with this much vitriol and calls his dick "widely admired" after asking for it to be sucked clearly has a very small and permanently flaccid penis in addition to anger management issues. Not a good combination

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: ama ()
Date: December 23, 2018 09:54AM

GS-15 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Like 90% of other government employees, I spend
> the day surfing the internet while contractors do
> all the work. Every once in a while, I bring in
> the contractor's project manager and berate them
> for charging too much for labor. It's a great
> career; you can never be held accountable for
> anything or be fired (unless you're a white male).

You sound like the swamp Trump wants to drain.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: Number One Deplorable ()
Date: December 23, 2018 10:04AM

ama Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> You sound like the swamp Trump wants to drain.

Swamp is fighting back. Hard. Just watch POX News Sunday today to see how hard.

It really is a civil war between Washington, DC and America. If Americans are not able to retake their country from the parasites and POS who infest their government, then we will finally see once and for all that government of the people, by the people, and for the people has perished from the earth.

BTW, the words "non-essential: in the title of this thread are redundant.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: Hang it up, moron ()
Date: December 23, 2018 11:17AM

Baron Trump Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Tell me why the government should hire people are
> non-essential? We only need essential if you asked me.

No one asks you, and that's because it is so easy to see that you are too ass-fuck stupid to have any sort of clue here at all.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: Bad idea... ()
Date: December 23, 2018 11:26AM

Truth and Wisdom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Anyone with this much vitriol and calls his dick
> "widely admired" after asking for it to be sucked
> clearly has a very small and permanently flaccid
> penis in addition to anger management issues. Not
> a good combination

Well, you right-wing loser-shits think about your dicks or your guns almost exclusively. A sane person has to jump on one of those channels to be able to get your attention at all. Remember, Cabela's closes at 7:00 tonight.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: Libs are losing it ()
Date: December 23, 2018 11:40AM

Can a liberal give me a definition of what a non-essential employee is?

It doesn't sound like they are very essential.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: What a dumb-fuck! ()
Date: December 23, 2018 11:57AM

Can you explain to anyone at all how you could be so stupid as to need to ask?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: Libs are losing it ()
Date: December 23, 2018 11:59AM

What a dumb-fuck! Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Can you explain to anyone at all how you could be
> so stupid as to need to ask?

I'll answer that question when you answer mine.

What do they mean by non-essential?

Shouldn't we be cutting non-essential employees anyway to save some money?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: Bite the big one, douche ()
Date: December 23, 2018 12:20PM

Libs are losing it Wrote:
-----------------------------------------------------
> I'll answer that question when you answer mine.

Blow it out your wazoo, you transparent limp-dick dumbfuck. It's not a hard thing to use fucking Google to fill in the phony-ass gaps in your pretend pre-school understandings of the world. Do us all a favor and just go back to whatever right-wing slime-pit you were hatched in. Ridiculous twit!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: LMGTFY ()
Date: December 23, 2018 03:38PM

Libs are losing it Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Can a liberal give me a definition of what a
> non-essential employee is?
>
> It doesn't sound like they are very essential.


Custodial staff, some IT people, medical researchers, safety inspectors, etc fall into this role. If Congress has to clean their own offices and bathrooms and empty their own trash cans, or if someone's server gets hacked or there's another E coli outbreak, it becomes readily apparent that these people have important jobs. Are they life-and-death? Not on a day-to-day basis, but the higher-ups and general public will be sorry if they're out of work for too long.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: I guess we'll survive ()
Date: December 24, 2018 09:10AM

Shutdown has been okay so far.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: Reality Checker ()
Date: December 24, 2018 09:38AM

Bite the big one, douche Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Libs are losing it Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> ---
> > I'll answer that question when you answer mine.
>
> Blow it out your wazoo, you transparent limp-dick
> dumbfuck. It's not a hard thing to use fucking
> Google to fill in the phony-ass gaps in your
> pretend pre-school understandings of the world.
> Do us all a favor and just go back to whatever
> right-wing slime-pit you were hatched in.
> Ridiculous twit!

Bite the big one douche: this might be the best post I've seen all day. Wazoo, limp dick dumb fuck, slimepit , ridiculous twit ? I don't even know what you're triggered about but this made me chuckle

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: Watching the defectives ()
Date: December 24, 2018 12:51PM

Sometimes these limited attention-span turtle-brains can only be awakened by hitting them over the head with a big sharp stick.

#AlertTheDayCareStaff

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: Saw a panhandler ()
Date: December 24, 2018 02:33PM

Sign said "non-essential government employee, please help".

Libs were giving him twenties. Saw him later driving a Lexus with a Hillary sticker.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: Joke of the century ()
Date: December 24, 2018 02:56PM

You’re a pathetic asshole. Hillary would have made such a better President than this jerk. The USA as a failed state is about all the Donald has brought us.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: Sort this out ()
Date: January 06, 2019 06:24AM

Let's cut the fat.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: Mike huntt ()
Date: January 06, 2019 07:00AM

Obviously 25% of the government “work force”

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: Commerce dept worker ()
Date: January 06, 2019 11:41AM

I make $105,000 dollars a year and my take home pay is
$3000 every two weeks. I have lost $6000 already and have to drive for Uber. This is horrible.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: HR McMaster ()
Date: January 06, 2019 11:47AM

Sort this out Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Let's cut the fat.

Better to cut the crap. That would leave you and a lot of other asshat right-wingers kicked off FFXU permanently. Fucking dopes!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: The dumb just keeps on coming ()
Date: January 06, 2019 11:52AM

Mike huntt Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Obviously 25% of the government “work force”

25% of the government is shut down. There are employees classified as both essential and non-essential at each of those shuttered agencies. I realize that you are actually too stupid to understand what I wrote just above.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: It's a mess... ()
Date: January 06, 2019 11:57AM

Commerce dept worker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I make $105,000 dollars a year and my take home pay is $3000
> every two weeks. I have lost $6000 already and have to drive
> for Uber. This is horrible.

You're actually one of the lucky ones if you can pick up a part-time gig to help you out. Most can't. Meanwhile, Trump and his asshole minions don't care abouy you at all. They only care about Limbaugh and Coulter and BUILD THAT WALL! So fucking child-like!


'

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: personal financial planner ()
Date: January 06, 2019 12:13PM

Commerce dept worker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I make $105,000 dollars a year and my take home
> pay is
> $3000 every two weeks. I have lost $6000 already
> and have to drive for Uber. This is horrible.

I'm curious as to why someone who claims to bring in $3K biweekly needs to drive for uber to make ends meet in the interim. What the hell are you doing with your money that you have to drive for uber? Assuming you have been in your current position for at least a couple years, you should have tens of thousands stashed away for retirement and scenarios like this.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: Man, that's dumb... ()
Date: January 06, 2019 12:23PM

Hahahaha! You dare call yourself a 'personal financial planner.' What a fucking hoot!!! You couldn't manage a piggy bank!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Date: January 06, 2019 12:43PM

It's a mess... Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> You're actually one of the lucky ones if you can
> pick up a part-time gig to help you out. Most
> can't. Meanwhile, Trump and his asshole minions
> don't care abouy you at all. They only care about
> Limbaugh and Coulter and BUILD THAT WALL! So
> fucking child-like!

Why do we even HAVE a Commerce Department? How can a government as broke and deeply in debt as this one continue to borrow money from China to pay for luxuries like a Commerce Department which employs dudes to the tune of $105K/year.

Shut the whole damn thing down. FOREVER!

Making America Great Again! Imprison Trump for Lying about the Wall.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: Shapiro 2024 ()
Date: January 06, 2019 12:59PM

Commerce dept worker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I make $105,000 dollars a year and my take home
> pay is
> $3000 every two weeks. I have lost $6000 already
> and have to drive for Uber. This is horrible.


Better get used to it. When Ben is president your job will be eliminated.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: Commerce dept worker ()
Date: January 06, 2019 01:01PM

personal financial planner Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Commerce dept worker Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I make $105,000 dollars a year and my take home
> > pay is
> > $3000 every two weeks. I have lost $6000
> already
> > and have to drive for Uber. This is horrible.
>
> I'm curious as to why someone who claims to bring
> in $3K biweekly needs to drive for uber to make
> ends meet in the interim. What the hell are you
> doing with your money that you have to drive for
> uber? Assuming you have been in your current
> position for at least a couple years, you should
> have tens of thousands stashed away for retirement
> and scenarios like this.

2 kids in college. 2 car payments and a mortgage. I do have $200k in TSP retirement fund but would rather not touch it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: Typical lib. ()
Date: January 06, 2019 01:09PM

Commerce dept worker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> personal financial planner Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Commerce dept worker Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > I make $105,000 dollars a year and my take
> home
> > > pay is
> > > $3000 every two weeks. I have lost $6000
> > already
> > > and have to drive for Uber. This is horrible.
> >
> > I'm curious as to why someone who claims to
> bring
> > in $3K biweekly needs to drive for uber to make
> > ends meet in the interim. What the hell are you
> > doing with your money that you have to drive
> for
> > uber? Assuming you have been in your current
> > position for at least a couple years, you
> should
> > have tens of thousands stashed away for
> retirement
> > and scenarios like this.
>
> 2 kids in college. 2 car payments and a mortgage.
> I do have $200k in TSP retirement fund but would
> rather not touch it.

Typical lib. A slave to the bankers they vote for. Will be poor all his life and die in debt.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: Commerce dept worker ()
Date: January 06, 2019 01:16PM

I get to work at home 3 days a week. I love my job and our Government. I also get to travel for free to "business" meetings in Brazil,Japan,Germany,Phillipines, just to name a few and always stay in 4 star hotels.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: HIKHIU ()
Date: January 06, 2019 01:18PM

Commerce dept worker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I get to work at home 3 days a week. I love my job
> and our Government. I also get to travel for free
> to "business" meetings in
> Brazil,Japan,Germany,Phillipines, just to name a
> few and always stay in 4 star hotels.


I hope you never get your job back you Government whore!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: Worst Prez Ever... ()
Date: January 06, 2019 01:19PM

Typical lib. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Typical lib. A slave to the bankers they vote for.
> Will be poor all his life and die in debt.

LOL! Do you have any financial sense at all? An actual bank may not be required, but credit and investment channels are a necessity. It sounds to me -- a wealthy retired guy -- that Commerece Dept WEorker is doing quite well for himself, and should try to stay away from lending himself TSP money for as long as he can.

That Trump has chosen to soothe his damaged ego by pushing so many blameless people to these and even worse extremes is criminal. Then again, criminal is all that Trump or his family really is.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: Government 101 ()
Date: January 06, 2019 01:37PM

Worst Prez Ever... Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Typical lib. Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Typical lib. A slave to the bankers they vote
> for.
> > Will be poor all his life and die in debt.
>
> LOL! Do you have any financial sense at all? An
> actual bank may not be required, but credit and
> investment channels are a necessity. It sounds to
> me -- a wealthy retired guy -- that Commerece Dept
> WEorker is doing quite well for himself, and
> should try to stay away from lending himself TSP
> money for as long as he can.
>
> That Trump has chosen to soothe his damaged ego by
> pushing so many blameless people to these and even
> worse extremes is criminal. Then again, criminal
> is all that Trump or his family really is.


That dude is poor and living a shit life.

Maybe if Trump wanted to give a car company $100 billion like Obama did they'd give it to him. He never would though because that's not the governments job. Trump wants a measily $5 billion to protect Americans. That is the governments job. However, democrats would rather shut down 25% of the government. Ok, all Americans are ok with that.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Date: January 06, 2019 01:39PM

Commerce dept worker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I get to work at home 3 days a week. I love my job
> and our Government. I also get to travel for free
> to "business" meetings in
> Brazil,Japan,Germany,Phillipines, just to name a
> few and always stay in 4 star hotels.

What business meetings?? Holy fuck! You work for the Gov. You aren't IN business!

Making America Great Again! Imprison Trump for Lying about the Wall.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: Lying libtards ()
Date: January 06, 2019 01:43PM

Number One Deplorable Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Commerce dept worker Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I get to work at home 3 days a week. I love my
> job
> > and our Government. I also get to travel for
> free
> > to "business" meetings in
> > Brazil,Japan,Germany,Phillipines, just to name
> a
> > few and always stay in 4 star hotels.
>
> What business meetings?? Holy fuck! You work for
> the Gov. You aren't IN business!


I love how libtards try to lie to Americans.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: Whack-a-doodle warning ()
Date: January 06, 2019 02:22PM

Government 101 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That dude is poor and living a shit life.

You're an ignorant nobody and are making a total fool of yourself.

> Maybe if Trump wanted to give a car company $100
> billion like Obama did they'd give it to him.

See? There's that making a total fool of yourself thing again!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: Commerce dept worker ()
Date: January 06, 2019 03:48PM

I am not a Commerce dept worker. I am trolling to see reactions of this bullshit Govt. agency that wastes money left and right with overpaid employees and unnecessary travel etc.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: Libs gonna lib. ()
Date: January 06, 2019 03:59PM

Whack-a-doodle warning Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Government 101 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > That dude is poor and living a shit life.
>
> You're an ignorant nobody and are making a total
> fool of yourself.
>
> > Maybe if Trump wanted to give a car company
> $100
> > billion like Obama did they'd give it to him.
>
> See? There's that making a total fool of yourself
> thing again!


Of the $78.2 billion the U.S. Treasury spent bailing out GM through its Troubled Asset Relief Program, $58.0 billion was repaid. Are you capable of doing the math to figure out how much they still owe the taxpayers. We could build two walls. One on the Mexican border and one on the California border.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: Useless douche alert ()
Date: January 06, 2019 04:10PM

Did you factor in gains on stock holdings? Then again, why bother.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: Facts lol! ()
Date: January 06, 2019 04:20PM

Useless douche alert Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Did you factor in gains on stock holdings? Then
> again, why bother.

U.S. taxpayers lost more than $11.2 billion as a result of the federal bailout of General Motors.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: LetsRock ()
Date: January 06, 2019 05:22PM

Baron Trump Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Shouldn't everyone who gets a check from the
> taxpayer be essential or at least useful?
>
> Can someone define this for me?
>
>
> Even better, if you are a non-essential government
> employee, can you tell us what the fuck you do all
> day?
>
> All answers appreciated!


Unless you are processing welfare checks or in the military, you are non-essential.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: Useless douche alert ()
Date: January 06, 2019 05:29PM

Facts lol! Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> U.S. taxpayers lost more than $11.2 billion as a
> result of the federal bailout of General Motors.m

Wrong number and the bailout was bigger than just GM. Like I said, why even bother with you dumbo douchebags.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: Hmmm... ()
Date: January 06, 2019 05:33PM

LetsRock Wrote:
------------------------------------------------------
> Unless you are processing welfare checks or in the
> military, you are non-essential.

Actually, each agency identifies its own essential employees.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: Nonessential ()
Date: January 07, 2019 02:01PM

Non-essential means you're a government employee who gets free vacation every time the govt shuts down. The essential workers have to keep working, but everyone gets paid in the end. It's great to be nonessential.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Date: January 07, 2019 02:25PM

Nonessential Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Non-essential means you're a government employee
> who gets free vacation every time the govt shuts
> down. The essential workers have to keep working,
> but everyone gets paid in the end. It's great to
> be nonessential.

There is a good chance they will not get paid this time.

Making America Great Again! Imprison Trump for Lying about the Wall.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: Backpay Master ()
Date: January 07, 2019 03:43PM

Yeah, we’re seeing all this ‘power’ that Trump has. LOL!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: I am not amused ()
Date: January 07, 2019 07:29PM

Baron Trump Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Shouldn't everyone who gets a check from the
> taxpayer be essential or at least useful?
>
> Can someone define this for me?
>
>
> Even better, if you are a non-essential government
> employee, can you tell us what the fuck you do all
> day?
>
> All answers appreciated!

Truthfully, 90% of all federal employees are non-essential. However, the Democrats find them essential since they are a staunch voting bloc for them.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: Idiot at large... ()
Date: January 07, 2019 07:35PM

Truthfully, you’re just a dope. Go apply for a fed job to learn how far short of that you fall.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Date: January 07, 2019 08:55PM

I am not amused Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Truthfully, 90% of all federal employees are
> non-essential. However, the Democrats find them
> essential since they are a staunch voting bloc for
> them.

Only 90%? I'm thinking you might have a little bit of leftist in you.

Making America Great Again! Imprison Trump for Lying about the Wall.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: Esse ()
Date: January 08, 2019 08:14AM

Only the military is essential. Without the military, hordes of foreign invaders would be streaming over the border.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: There are standards... ()
Date: January 08, 2019 09:28AM

^^^ People as lacking in smarts and skills as these clowns are will not be found in Fed jobs at all.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: OPM-ist... ()
Date: January 08, 2019 10:18AM

There are standards... Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ^^^ People as lacking in smarts and skills as these clowns
> are will not be found in Fed jobs at all.

+1000. The dumb around here sometimes reaches epic proportions. The OP is a prime example of someone with JPS issues. (JPS = Just Plain Stupid).

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: Hmmm... ()
Date: January 08, 2019 10:30AM

I am not amused Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Truthfully, 90% of all federal employees are non-essential.
> However, the Democrats find them essential since they are a
> staunch voting bloc for them.

The Democrats find that PEOPLE WITH A BRAIN are a staunch voting bloc for them while dolts and douchebags not having a brain to speak of end up voting for worthless frauds like Scott Walker and lying demagogues like Donald Trump.

By the way, are you aware of any large private-sector organizations that also have lists of essential or emergency employees on the one hand, and non-essential or non-emergency employees of the other?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Date: January 08, 2019 11:37AM

There are standards... Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ^^^ People as lacking in smarts and skills as
> these clowns are will not be found in Fed jobs at
> all.
Attachments:
Jackson Lee.jpg
HankJ-600x465.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: Attack of the Picture-book Boy ()
Date: January 08, 2019 12:16PM

^^^ Fucking asswipe kindergartners. They just don't come much dumber than this ass-clown!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: Baron Trump ()
Date: January 09, 2019 08:10AM

So is anyone really having a hard time with this shut down or not?

Doesn't much seem so.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: Here's the Best Example ()
Date: January 09, 2019 10:06PM

.
Attachments:
Nonessential Government Employees.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: mostly essential ()
Date: January 10, 2019 07:45AM

What shutdown?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: Bigly failing ()
Date: January 10, 2019 08:51AM

^^^ The one that has already ruined any chance Trump ever had of being re-elected.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: Baron Trump ()
Date: January 10, 2019 09:26AM

Oh the humanity..

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: Exceptional at losing ()
Date: January 10, 2019 09:38AM

What right does an ignorant toadie have to speak about humanity?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: Hey libshit ()
Date: January 10, 2019 11:40AM

Exceptional at losing Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What right does an ignorant toadie have to speak
> about humanity?

Should have saved some money away you dumb bastard.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: On-line banking ()
Date: January 10, 2019 11:52AM

Hey libshit Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Should have saved some money away you dumb bastard.

Knee-jerk much? I'm retired and live now off the oodles of cash I stashed away over the years. Well, that and the whopping public and private pensions that losers like you will never have. Hahahahaha!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: HUNHX ()
Date: January 10, 2019 12:06PM

NONESSENTIAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES: DEFINED AS EVERYONE IN THE FACILITY EXCEPT THE GUARDS AND THE MAINTENANCE STAFF.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: Dod-Don is DUMB ()
Date: January 10, 2019 12:18PM

^^^ Too fucking stupid. Under established guidelines, each agency determines its own roster of essential and non-essential workers. If a substantial deterioration in an agency's ability to perform its mission would result from even the short-term absence of some employees, they will be deemed essential. This however is a status that agencies can change as circumstances may dictate. As Trump forces the shutdown to go on and on and on, expect more and more non-essential workers to be shifted to the essential category and called back to work.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a non-essential government employee?
Posted by: Please argue your point ()
Date: January 10, 2019 06:18PM

Dod-Don is DUMB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ^^^ Too fucking stupid. Under established
> guidelines, each agency determines its own roster
> of essential and non-essential workers. If a
> substantial deterioration in an agency's ability
> to perform its mission would result from even the
> short-term absence of some employees, they will be
> deemed essential. This however is a status that
> agencies can change as circumstances may dictate.
> As Trump forces the shutdown to go on and on and
> on, expect more and more non-essential workers to
> be shifted to the essential category and called
> back to work.


Shouldn't be legal for a designation to be changed. It's too easy. There should be arbitration.

Options: ReplyQuote
Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2


Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
 **     **  ********   ********  **     **  **     ** 
 **     **  **     **  **         **   **    **   **  
 **     **  **     **  **          ** **      ** **   
 **     **  **     **  ******       ***        ***    
  **   **   **     **  **          ** **      ** **   
   ** **    **     **  **         **   **    **   **  
    ***     ********   **        **     **  **     ** 
This forum powered by Phorum.