HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
e-verify
Posted by: Wally ()
Date: December 14, 2018 01:16AM

I'm pretty sure I work with several people who are in the country illegally. I did some asking around and found out that my employer doesn't use e-verify and I was pretty surprised.

I thought everybody had to use e-verify when hiring someone. What about you guys? Does your employer use this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: e-verify
Posted by: no, not at all ()
Date: December 14, 2018 01:25AM

E-Verify is often optional for employers, but required for federal contractors. Generally though, you need to hand inspect work authorization documentation, whether it be a US passport, birth certificate, EAD, etc...

It is a civil offense not to do so; a criminal one if a pattern of negligence is established.

Posted by: Wally ()
Date: December 14, 2018 02:21AM

I'm wondering if every new hire is verified, or just people who, how do I say this, appear to have come here from another country?

Posted by: The Warden ()
Date: December 14, 2018 07:54AM

Wally Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm wondering if every new hire is verified, or
> just people who, how do I say this, appear to have
> come here from another country?

Employees/contractors are required by law to provide either a SSN or ITIN if they are being paid. Any beaner that's been here more than 10 minutes likely has a card or two and a few SSNs they were given as part of the smuggler's arrival package. Other employers that regularly use the illegals often have a list of SSNs they can use when filling out I-9s.

99% of the time, no one is looking and no one cares. The republicans and limo liberals want the cheap disposable labor and the libtards want their votes. If you get caught, plead ignorance and say that's what they gave you.

Like lots of our "laws", they only get enforced when someone decides to give a shit or when the media starts sniffing around too much. E-Verify is one of those "laws" that made for great sound bites and helped DC pretend like they were doing something. Enforcement and prosecution is incredibly rare given the number of people working around it.

Posted by: Carmelized ballsack ()
Date: December 14, 2018 07:56AM

Wally Wrote:
> I'm pretty sure I work with several people who are
> in the country illegally. I did some asking
> around and found out that my employer doesn't use
> e-verify and I was pretty surprised.
>
>
> I thought everybody had to use e-verify when
> hiring someone. What about you guys? Does your
> employer use this?
OP, I’m sure the Applebee’s you work at uses this system.
Mind your own business and keep fucking that 15yr old hostess!
Back to WORK!

Posted by: Do the right thing... ()
Date: December 14, 2018 09:13AM

Everyone you hire needs to have an I-9 which creates a record of the evidence an employer relied upon in concluding that the employee was eligible to work in the US. Some employers who do business with the state or federal government are required to upload their info into E-Verify, and some do so voluntarily. But only about half of all new hires are actually reported. The other half isn't because once an employer starts using the system, there is no going back. Employers balk at opening themselves up to federal investigation, and while error rates have been sharply reduced over the years, they still occur and are still difficult to get corrected. Many employers simply find it easier and safer to keep I-9's at their own location and produce them if ever requested to.

Posted by: c4twd ()
Date: December 14, 2018 01:01PM

because they are using illegal labor and stealing

AND EVERY DIME THEY STEAL MAKES THEM WEAKER IN COURT, having no leg to stand on when cross-prosecuted

Posted by: PeLamala Gringo Pig ()
Date: December 14, 2018 04:00PM

Wally Wrote:
> I'm pretty sure I work with several people who are
> in the country illegally. I did some asking
> around and found out that my employer doesn't use
> e-verify and I was pretty surprised.
>
>
> I thought everybody had to use e-verify when
> hiring someone. What about you guys? Does your
> employer use this?

Ma Me La Pinga Bitch! I come to your house and fuck your daughter while your wife watches.
Attachments:
GrigoPigs2.jpg

Posted by: Screwballs ()
Date: December 14, 2018 05:40PM

c4twd Wrote:
> because they are using illegal labor and stealing. AND EVERY
> DIME THEY STEAL MAKES THEM eligible WEAKER IN COURT, having no leg to
> stand on when cross-prosecuted.

What sort of nonsense gobbledygook is that? Employers are responsible for making and documenting a good faith effort to establish eligibility to work. End of story.

Posted by: Applebee’s in Woodbridge ()
Date: December 14, 2018 06:07PM

The Applebee’s in woodbridge(smoketown and pw parkway), during happy hour was a BLAST! Lots of pussy and good times!

Posted by: jhbvx ()
Date: December 16, 2018 01:21PM

gerrymanderer2 (OP) posts several lies on ffu daily - many think he's a fx co gov worker who is getting paid to do it for false DNC democrat "advertising"

fairfax county gov sells Green Cards to illegal aliens so they have more democrat votes - an illegal practice

e-verify does not test cheating politicians and financial terrorism overlords

btw why are there so many non-english speaking drivers when all the signs on the road are in english?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.