HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
High School Football 2019
Posted by: Sir Nostadamusito ()
Date: December 01, 2018 03:43PM

Predictions and thoughts on the 2019 season?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2019
Posted by: I predict ()
Date: December 01, 2018 06:04PM

I predict pain.....

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2019
Posted by: lbmamaspapas ()
Date: December 02, 2018 02:45PM

We know that Doc will has the Bruins ready for the new year.
Look out this will be the year for the Bruins

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2019
Posted by: also know ()
Date: December 02, 2018 02:52PM

also know that the Westfield sycophants will start up again real soon

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2019
Posted by: bruins? ()
Date: December 02, 2018 08:35PM

Who coaches the Bruins next season? We know it aint Doc.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2019
Posted by: Bank on it ()
Date: December 02, 2018 08:49PM

Yeah, you can put it in the book. Coach Dougherty will be back at LB.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2019
Posted by: ThreeIn ()
Date: December 02, 2018 10:45PM

Three posts in on the new season thread and LBSS comes up. Just stop it. Transfer in the boundaries legally and ride on the principal merry-go-round or shut up. Stick to football, can we?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2019
Posted by: alum2014 ()
Date: December 02, 2018 10:47PM

Bank on it Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeah, you can put it in the book. Coach Dougherty
> will be back at LB.


You can Bank on the Bruins being 5-5 or 6-4 at best with Doc and staff at the helm.

But that's ok, they are being significant, just not on the football field.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2019
Posted by: MHSFootballAlum ()
Date: December 03, 2018 06:41AM

Hey guys. Wanted to know your thoughts on what happened to the McLean High School football program. I know they were decent back in 2013 and 2014 but have been on the decline ever since. What happened? As an alum of the team, the state of the team is appalling!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2019
Posted by: Interesed ()
Date: December 03, 2018 08:00AM

bruins? Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Who coaches the Bruins next season? We know it
> aint Doc.


Not Doc? How do you know? Tell us! Inquiring minds want to know!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2019
Posted by: FalseRumor ()
Date: December 03, 2018 04:47PM

Interesed Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> bruins? Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Who coaches the Bruins next season? We know it
> > aint Doc.
>
>
> Not Doc? How do you know? Tell us! Inquiring minds
> want to know!

Stop. Just stop. Doc is going on where. Enough garbage talk, idiots.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2019
Posted by: nwupj ()
Date: December 05, 2018 09:19PM


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2019
Posted by: ..... ()
Date: December 05, 2018 10:20PM

It's really fucking gay how much you guys think about hs football.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2019
Posted by: 7kmnp ()
Date: December 06, 2018 08:58AM

My son and 2 nephews play hs football. Mind your own business.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2019
Posted by: ...... ()
Date: December 06, 2018 04:13PM

7kmnp Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My son and 2 nephews play hs football. Mind your
> own business.


^ gay

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2019
Posted by: pnpxy ()
Date: December 08, 2018 04:28PM


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2019
Posted by: Keep balling ()
Date: December 08, 2018 06:53PM

ball master

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2019
Posted by: XUVYD ()
Date: December 08, 2018 07:11PM

New top 10 for 2019

1. Woodson - returning QB, be. Jr.
2. Lake Braddock - returning QB
3. Freedom W. - RB Edwards will be a Jr maybe better than T.Brown
4. Woodbridge - like Freedom W. They will recruit where they have holes
5. Centreville - may have best backfield again in region 6D
6. Madison - well coached returning QB
7. SoCo - they have good players at every position.
8. Westfield - returning RB and QB not much else (will qb even play again)
9. Robinson - the model of mediocre consistency.
10. SL - benefits in playing week schedule until playoffs.
On the bubble-
Battlefield - got a good young HC play numbers
Patriot - got the players, will they have a coach to match.
Hylton - always have athletes.
Hayfield - athletes and lets see who Hwnso brings in
WPO- athletes
TCW - athletes
MTV - Great during. Reg season.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2019
Posted by: Foot ball play er num ber one ()
Date: December 08, 2018 08:40PM

MHSFootballAlum Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey guys. Wanted to know your thoughts on what
> happened to the McLean High School football
> program. I know they were decent back in 2013 and
> 2014 but have been on the decline ever since. What
> happened? As an alum of the team, the state of the
> team is appalling!

I think some of the players graduated and there are different players now. That's probably the main difference. Because when the players are different people, their skill level will also not be the same as the original people. At least, I think that's how it works, but I'm a fucking retard so....

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2019
Posted by: regionguyfor2019 ()
Date: December 09, 2018 02:21PM

Top teams for 2019

1. Freedom always has athletes, returns RB and 2 WRs

2. Woodson a legit D1 QB returning, with a very good OL and good skill players returning.

3. Westfield a young O line retuning with a very good RB. Not sure about the QB

4. Centreville always has a good running attack and strong defense, but who will play QB


5. Woodbridge may have the best defense in the region in 2019


6. Madison returns QB but will that be enough


7. SoCo Always has good athletes, they will make some noise


8. Battlefield New coach with about 150 players, may take a year to iron out new system


9. Hayfield returns QB and few athletes, Henderson will get a few transfers in to make them competitive.

10. LB returns a legit D1 QB, but not much else. They couldn't win a playoff game with 4-5 D1 players this year and they wont have that next year

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2019
Posted by: I saw this on hs 2018 thread ()
Date: December 09, 2018 07:28PM

regionguyfor2019 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Top teams for 2019
>
> 1. Freedom always has athletes, returns RB and 2
> WRs
But the line that made them good will be gone & wont be as good next year.

> 2. Woodson a legit D1 QB returning, with a very
> good OL and good skill players returning.
D1 QB...? LOL. You kidding me? He’s ok nothing special.

> 3. Westfield a young O line retuning with a very
> good RB. Not sure about the QB
WF goes as Kim goes.

> 4. Centreville always has a good running attack
> and strong defense, but who will play QB
CVHS is a bubble team because no QB. They may lose to Chantilly. 6-4 maybe 7-3

> 5. Woodbridge may have the best defense in the
> region in 2019
Overrated and undisciplined. That D got lit up by Colgan, Colgan!!!!

> 6. Madison returns QB but will that be enough
Madison 7-3.

> 7. SoCo Always has good athletes, they will make
> some noise
All depends if Pannoni stays.

> 8. Battlefield New coach with about 150 players,
> may take a year to iron out new system
Ambitious with them at 8.

> 9. Hayfield returns QB and few athletes, Henderson
> will get a few transfers in to make them
> competitive.
Hayfield will win games they should that’s about it.

> 10. LB returns a legit D1 QB, but not much else.
> They couldn't win a playoff game with 4-5 D1
> players this year and they wont have that next
> year

Again legit D1 QB, you throw that around pretty freely, something tells me uuu have no idea what a legit D1 QB looks like, the kid is ok better than avg but nothing special.

Shouldn’t lift other peoples posts.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2019
Posted by: Bruce H. ()
Date: December 10, 2018 05:48AM

Who is getting the South Lakes job?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2019
Posted by: Bottom ()
Date: December 10, 2018 06:30PM

Anyone want to take a crack at a "bottom ten" list? Should be two versions: One that includes 5a teams in consideration, and one that is limited to 6a teams.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2019
Posted by: 5A Bottom Teams ()
Date: December 10, 2018 11:41PM

In no particular order...

Freedom - South Riding - Horrible, just horrible. Not sure why.

Rock Ridge - Wouldn't be as bad if their athletes stayed instead of going to Stone Bridge.

Lee - They make the playoffs then lost to a Loudoun school by 40 or more.

Edison - See above.

Wakefield - See above.

Briar Woods - Haven't won shit since McSorley left.

Falls Church - They should be embarrassed by their schedule, but they are not.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2019
Posted by: Worst of the worst ()
Date: December 11, 2018 11:53AM

10. Wakefield
9. Potomac
8. Forest Park
7. Osbourn Park
6. Rock Ridge
5. W&L
4. Osbourn
3. Freedom-SR
2. Oakton
1. McLean

HM-
Lee
Edison
West Potomac
Annanadale
Chantilly
Fairfax

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2019
Posted by: SLCoach ()
Date: December 12, 2018 09:27AM

No word on South Lakes?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2019
Posted by: footballwatcher ()
Date: December 12, 2018 11:47AM

I heard one of the SL assistants got the job, Murray

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2019
Posted by: gfbaj ()
Date: December 13, 2018 12:41PM

Off season is upon us. Coaches, watch your players. Mickey will be looming

Options: ReplyQuote
Stone Bridge might win Regional title EVERY year now!
Posted by: peeppeep ()
Date: December 13, 2018 06:16PM

Tuscarora AND Broad Run are moving to 4A next year for 4 year cycle?

Champe is moving to 6A.

This is who will be in the same region as Stone Bridge now...

Woodgrove - Yes, they won 4A states but still lost to Broad Run 33-7 this year. Just you know how weak 4A is compared to 5A.They also lost a shitload of seniors. Skinner used to coach under Mickey, so at least we know he can recruit. Only team with an outside chance to unseat Mickey!

Freedom - South Riding
Riverside
Briar Woods
Potomac Falls

Heard Falls Church is moving to 6A too.

Lee
Edison

Unbelievable!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Stone Bridge might win Regional title EVERY year now!
Posted by: BW7EY ()
Date: December 13, 2018 08:27PM

peeppeep Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Tuscarora AND Broad Run are moving to 4A next year
> for 4 year cycle?
>
> Champe is moving to 6A.
>
> This is who will be in the same region as Stone
> Bridge now...
>
> Woodgrove - Yes, they won 4A states but still lost
> to Broad Run 33-7 this year. Just you know how
> weak 4A is compared to 5A.They also lost a
> shitload of seniors. Skinner used to coach under
> Mickey, so at least we know he can recruit. Only
> team with an outside chance to unseat Mickey!
>
> Freedom - South Riding
> Riverside
> Briar Woods
> Potomac Falls
>
> Heard Falls Church is moving to 6A too.
>
> Lee
> Edison
>
> Unbelievable!


So SB will continue to roll teams 70-3 during regular season and lose to Richmond or Beach team.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Stone Bridge might win Regional title EVERY year now!
Posted by: football observer ()
Date: December 13, 2018 10:43PM

peeppeep Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Tuscarora AND Broad Run are moving to 4A next year
> for 4 year cycle?

Broad Run is still Class 5, they are the smallest school.

> Heard Falls Church is moving to 6A too.

FC, Edison, and Wakefield are all moving up.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2019
Posted by: 2019 ()
Date: December 13, 2018 10:46PM

Does anyone know of any match up’s next year? New 2 year cycle starts.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2019
Posted by: Anyone have info on new guy ()
Date: December 14, 2018 11:31AM

Patriot HS hires Liberty HC as new HC. He’s been good not great with a lot of ups and downs, not consistent. How will he do at PHS coming over from 4A.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Stone Bridge might win Regional title EVERY year now!
Posted by: VKMTX ()
Date: December 14, 2018 02:53PM

BW7EY Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> peeppeep Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Tuscarora AND Broad Run are moving to 4A next
> year
> > for 4 year cycle?
> >
> > Champe is moving to 6A.
> >
> > This is who will be in the same region as Stone
> > Bridge now...
> >
> > Woodgrove - Yes, they won 4A states but still
> lost
> > to Broad Run 33-7 this year. Just you know how
> > weak 4A is compared to 5A.They also lost a
> > shitload of seniors. Skinner used to coach
> under
> > Mickey, so at least we know he can recruit.
> Only
> > team with an outside chance to unseat Mickey!
> >
> > Freedom - South Riding
> > Riverside
> > Briar Woods
> > Potomac Falls
> >
> > Heard Falls Church is moving to 6A too.
> >
> > Lee
> > Edison
> >
> > Unbelievable!
>
>
> So SB will continue to roll teams 70-3 during
> regular season and lose to Richmond or Beach team.

https://virginiapreps.forums.rivals.com/threads/interesting-article-by-the-rtd-about-transfers-in-hsfb.60923/

Have to like how Mick tries to come off as an innocent victim like he has nothing to do with the current culture of poaching kids and recruiting.
Attachments:
2A180908-FF25-45A4-A022-FC05FCCF79FD.jpeg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Stone Bridge might win Regional title EVERY year now!
Posted by: eb6ee ()
Date: December 14, 2018 07:19PM

VKMTX Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Have to like how Mick tries to come off as an
> innocent victim like he has nothing to do with the
> current culture of poaching kids and recruiting.

I know I feel sorry for him. It must just be awful dealing with having everyone else's best players coming to your team.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2019
Posted by: the man ()
Date: December 15, 2018 03:59PM

Justice high school will be very good, again. They will win the national district and make a run in the regional playoff

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2019
Posted by: regionwatcher ()
Date: December 15, 2018 11:32PM

Again?

When was the last time they were good?

This past year, they had a easy schedule, name 1 team they beat that had a winning record?

So stop talking about Justice when they haven't been relevant in football in about 25 years

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2019
Posted by: Oh, by the way... ()
Date: December 16, 2018 11:39AM

Couple of corrections...

VHSL is moving to a 4 year cycle, so teams will stay in their new regions for the next 4 years instead of two.

Justice is so bad - please stop, whoever it was that posted that drivel.

Their confernece is easily the weakest imaginable in 6A.

Would be the weakest in 5A too.

Weaker than 4A.

Loudoun schools laugh when they see Falls Church, Lee, Edison, etc in the playoffs.

I can't understand how programs can be so bad, even considering the demographics.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2019
Posted by: regionman1 ()
Date: December 16, 2018 12:43PM

2019 Top 10 Teams

1. Freedom - Someone has to knock them off
2. Westfield - If QB returns, looks for another state title run
3. Woodson - Talented team, good defense, well coached, poised for another run this year
4. Centreville - Good defense, no returning QB
5. Madison - Returning QB, plays fundamentally sound
6. South County - Always has athletes, could this be their year
7. Woodbridge - Always has talented athletes, but they dont play well as a team
8. Hylton - Down last year, look for them to bounce back
9. Battlefield- New coach, lots of talent to chose from. Probably a year away
10.Tied Robinson - If they get ahead of any team they will win, if they fall behind, they will lose.

10 Tied Lake Braddock - Good QB returning, they cant seem to beat good teams, maybe the coaches need to look at a new philosophy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2019
Posted by: Loco son ()
Date: December 16, 2018 01:02PM

Even though Falls Church doesn’t match with a top tier Loudoum school, they did blowout a Loudoun school in the playoffs.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2019
Posted by: Region Daddy ()
Date: December 16, 2018 02:45PM

regionwatcher Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Again?
>
> When was the last time they were good?
>
> This past year, they had a easy schedule, name 1
> team they beat that had a winning record?
>
> So stop talking about Justice when they haven't
> been relevant in football in about 25 years


Easy there, cowboy. You don't want the Justice feelings police turning you into the FCPS HQ for hurting their feelings. You might end up having to explain yourself to a panel that has no time or room for the truth. Just let them beat their middle school schedule and think they are great. Whatever you do, do not tell them the truth about anything! You won't be able to handle the tears. Little bitches.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2019
Posted by: 4L4GU ()
Date: December 17, 2018 06:25PM

regionman1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 2019 Top 10 Teams
>
> 1. Freedom - Someone has to knock them off
They should’ve lost to Woodson, Woodson! Qb is avg on a good day, turnover machine, they lucky to have that Soph. Wr and Rb. -3 at best

> 2. Westfield - If QB returns, looks for another
> state title run
Even with a healthy Qb, hard pressed to see them even winning Refipn title, losing way to many pieces even for that staff to overcome and current Jr class is less than inspiring,’better hope for a handful of transfers. - 6/8 place

> 3. Woodson - Talented team, good defense, well
> coached, poised for another run this year
Can Acker beat LB to fully get over the hump? -1or2

> 4. Centreville - Good defense, no returning QB
Rough rough road ahead. Def not beating Madison, WF and possibly losing to CHS. Qb & Rb positions are seriously down this upcoming year. -10 at best

> 5. Madison - Returning QB, plays fundamentally
> sound
This by far not the best Madison team we’ve seen coming up but rest of Concorde will be down and they can possibly get past WF next season. -2or3

> 6. South County - Always has athletes, could this
> be their year
See Madison...all depends on coaching situation. -4

> 7. Woodbridge - Always has talented athletes, but
> they dont play well as a team
Underachieved this past season. Need to stay focused and have earlier tougher regular season opponents. -7

> 8. Hylton - Down last year, look for them to
> bounce back
No Ricky Slate coming anytime soon, sorry back to middle of pack schools. -n/r

> 9. Battlefield- New coach, lots of talent to chose
> from. Probably a year away
Yep you said it, year away. -n/r

> 10.Tied Robinson - If they get ahead of any team
> they will win, if they fall behind, they will
> lose.
Robo will be robo. Grind it out keep it close hope they don’t get holding penalties to kill drives. -9

> 10 Tied Lake Braddock - Good QB returning, they
> cant seem to beat good teams, maybe the coaches
> need to look at a new philosophy.
Good pieces but lose a lot and community fed up with the mediocrity. -10

Stock rising - Stonewall, Patriot, South Lakes & Hayfield.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2019
Posted by: 43N3Y ()
Date: December 17, 2018 09:08PM

TCW if they ever can get it right (coaching wise) they have the athletes to compete with any team, WF, Woodbridge, SB, Freedom W. They just lack the right coach to instill a culture of winning and discipline.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2019
Posted by: SLCoach? ()
Date: December 18, 2018 10:34AM

Battlefield and Patriot have been filled.

Wonder what the applicant pool at South Lakes looks like/who will get it.

Expect it to happen after the New Year

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2019
Posted by: hdhsja ()
Date: December 18, 2018 05:16PM

TC has always had athletes, it’s insane they are mediocre at best. I don’t think the SL coach will be a big name either.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2019
Posted by: PJGUX ()
Date: December 18, 2018 08:09PM

Any word on Oakton HC job

Options: ReplyQuote


Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
 ********    *******   **    **  ********   *******  
 **     **  **     **  ***   **  **        **     ** 
 **     **  **     **  ****  **  **        **     ** 
 **     **   ********  ** ** **  ******     ******** 
 **     **         **  **  ****  **               ** 
 **     **  **     **  **   ***  **        **     ** 
 ********    *******   **    **  ********   *******  
This forum powered by Phorum.