HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
I-66: Focused HOV Enforcement 11/30/2018
Posted by: Live Free or Die ()
Date: November 30, 2018 12:14PM

State Police plan extra crackdown today on I-66 HOV usage enforcement. Better make sure that Flex E-ZPass switch is set properly!

From Fairfax News:

"Friday November 30 would not be a good day to try to sneak through on the I-66 HOV lanes without either paying the toll or having enough people in your vehicle to avoid it.

Virginia State Police plan to crack down on HOV violators along the portion of I-66 that runs inside the Beltway. The troopers will be out in force during both morning and afternoon rush hours.

HOV hours run Monday through Friday, from 5:30 to 9:30 a.m. eastbound and 3 to 7 p.m. westbound. All vehicles with two or more people are allowed to use the road during rush hours for free, but need an E-ZPass Flex switched to HOV-mode. Drivers choosing to pay a toll and drive by themselves in the express lanes need an E-ZPass.

A violation in this part of I-66 carries a fine of $125 for a first offense, $250 for a second offense within five years of the first offense, $500 for a third offense within five years of the first offense, and $1,000 for a fourth or subsequent offense within that five year period."

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I-66: Focused HOV Enforcement 11/30/2018
Posted by: pe7nf ()
Date: November 30, 2018 04:22PM

Cue the faggot boasting about how he's driven 66 alone the past five years and never been caught.

Posted by: Bad sign... ()
Date: November 30, 2018 05:01PM

Sigh on 495 express says the are enforcing the effort to find cheaters...Classy.

Posted by: Sure 66 ()
Date: December 01, 2018 01:06AM

I smell a rat....

If they want to do enforcement, they would do enforcement, not do press releases and electric signs, and newspaper articles. It sounds as if they are admitting they can't enforce adequately, so are resorting to scare tactics. We really mean it this time!

Posted by: Sure 66 ()
Date: December 04, 2018 11:50AM

I-66 HOV enforcement nets 32 violators

So, does that mean that these violations would have skated through on any other day? I-66 HOV is only enforced during special "enforcement days?" So how do Northern Virginians "see so many HOV violators abusing the I-66 Express Lanes inside the Beltway?": Do these Northern Virginians see the HOV mode switch inside vehicle windshields as they whiz down the freeway? Or if they see a light flash, are they looking into back seats too?

------

"Additional state troopers were out in force targeting HOV violators. The move comes one year after state officials enacted tolls on I-66 inside the Beltway, generating tolls of more than $44 one-way.

Troopers first deployed during the morning rush hour Friday and later in the day focused their attention on commuters headed home.

Virginia State Police spokeswoman Corinne Geller says:

State police conducted Friday’s first concentrated operation during the morning rush hour and netted 13 HOT lane violators in the eastbound I-66 Express Lanes inside the Beltway. In addition, Virginia troopers cited four drivers for speeding and one for reckless driving between the 5:30 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. special enforcement period Friday (Nov. 30, 2018). Four citations for expired inspection stickers were also issued.

The evening rush hour HOV enforcement effort focused on the westbound Interstate 66 Express Lanes between 3 p.m. and 7 p.m. Troopers cited 19 drivers for HOT lane violations. The troopers also issued five citations for expired inspection stickers and four drivers were cited for driver’s license violations.

“This enforcement initiative was conducted in response to the numerous complaints received from Northern Virginians frustrated with seeing so many HOV violators abusing the I-66 Express Lanes inside the Beltway, ” said 1st Sgt. S. Mittendorff. “Even with the advance publicity, 32 drivers still chose to violate HOV rules. This effort was not about writing tickets or revenue. This is about drivers complying with the rules and keeping traffic moving safely and efficiently throughout Northern Virginia.”

https://potomaclocal.com/2018/12/02/i-66-hov-enforcement-nets-32-violators/

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.