HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Best car rental
Posted by: JohnnyRed ()
Date: November 26, 2018 05:10PM

Seems like the only car rental company with a good rep is Enterprise, but they charge quite a bit more. Does anyone have a good company to recommend? Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Best car rental
Posted by: Easy ()
Date: November 26, 2018 08:22PM

Hertz. Not the cheapest (unless you have a decent CDP code) but in hundreds of rentals, I've had very few problems.

Avis is next; current company insists on using them, but their app sucks and it seems like something goes wrong about every third rental.

Budget, Enterprise, Alamo (yes, Budget is part of Avis and Alamo is part of Enterprise) are second-tier and might be cheaper but aren't usually as smooth an experience.

Then there are the third-tier, like Fox and no-name. If you use those, be prepared for hassles. I tried Fox exactly once: after waiting in line for a half hour, they didn't like my GEICO insurance card and refused to call to verify the insurance. Fortunately I'd made a Hertz backup res, and walked.

All of the above is based on business rentals at airports. If you're just renting for personal use, $$$ is probably your biggest criterion: shop around. Airport rentals *may* be cheaper; OTOH, they're not going to come pick you up. And if you drive your car there (as I've done when I had a customer visit that I needed to drive to, but didn't want to put the miles on my POV), you'll pay to park.

Posted by: Avis or Hertz ()
Date: November 26, 2018 10:52PM

Posted by: Yugo driver ()
Date: November 26, 2018 11:01PM

Go on Turo and try to find something interesting to drive.

www.turo.com

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.