HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Fairfax County Board to Increase Density In Great Falls to Allow 20 Story Buildings
Posted by: Corrupt FFX County Board Swamp ()
Date: November 20, 2018 11:15AM

This county has gone to the dogs. Now the Fairfax County board is selling out Great Falls and scheming with developers to put 20 story building in the middle of Great Falls. Why don't we just remove all zoning?????????? The county certainly doesn't do shit with zoning anyway.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fairfax County Board to Increase Density In Great Falls to Allow 20 Story Buildings
Posted by: Sad days for Fairfax County ()
Date: November 20, 2018 11:36AM

I heard about this. Sad, just sad. Great Falls turning into the middle of DC. Never thought I'd see that day. Well, it and Reston were nice areas for a while.

Re: Fairfax County Board to Increase Density In Great Falls to Allow 20 Story Buildings
Posted by: Clean-up Committee ()
Date: November 20, 2018 12:09PM

They'll be nicer still once the last of these low-grade rubes are run out of town.

Posted by: Greedy Bastards ()
Date: November 20, 2018 12:26PM

I'm sure the residents of Great Falls and Reston are overjoyed that the board cramming these skyscrapers and condos down their throats.

Posted by: jibjab ()
Date: November 20, 2018 12:30PM

Multiculturalism for all of us racist crackers.

Posted by: Shock Value Coming ()
Date: November 20, 2018 12:53PM

Great Falls residents are in for a real shock when they see what the "approved" Great Falls Town Center is going to look like. It worse than some of the new building going up in Reston.

Posted by: Shame, Damn Shame ()
Date: November 20, 2018 02:15PM

Great Falls was overdue for condo's and apt's. I'm sure Boston Properties has it all worked out with the board.

Posted by: Old Man Fairfax ()
Date: November 20, 2018 02:57PM

WTF. There are no public sewer lines in most of the Great Falls area. Who would approve a 20 story building with the only sewage option is poop and haul?

Posted by: Fake Newws ()
Date: November 20, 2018 04:41PM

Old Man Fairfax Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> WTF. There are no public sewer lines in most of
> the Great Falls area. Who would approve a 20
> story building with the only sewage option is poop
> and haul?

Yes, there are sewer lines in Great Falls. That's a myth.

Posted by: Already Taken Care off ()
Date: November 20, 2018 04:48PM

Old Man Fairfax Wrote:
> and haul?

The builders already have a plan with the planning board.

Public sewer and water are both available at the other two Commercial areas in the Community, near Colvin Run Road/Walker Road, and Georgetown Pike/Seneca Road.

They are going to expand those lines\systems for the buildings. The new developments\high rises will bring in tax dollars that will pay for sewer systems in Great Falls.

Posted by: Growing Big ()
Date: November 20, 2018 05:09PM

It's all good. The planning board and builders have it figured out.

The excess traffic from the Reston area expansions and density increase needs someplace go so they are going to widen 193\Georgetown Pike. Georgetown Pike is long overdue to be increased to 4 lanes with off ramps. The taxes from the new apt's and condo buildings will help pay for the road widening and sewers. It's all part of the economic development of the county.

Posted by: LoLz ()
Date: November 20, 2018 06:31PM

I can see all the Great Falls outrage now. Not In My Backyard. You vote for shit,you get shit.

Posted by: Laughing Now ()
Date: November 20, 2018 07:25PM

Hope they put up high rise section 89 housing, all free for illegals and MS-13. Looking forward to the hypocritical limo libs of Great Falls having violent felons move in next to them!

Posted by: Real Reason ()
Date: November 21, 2018 08:27AM

This rezoning for no-income housing is supported by the obese ugly liberal cows who harbor secret MS-13 rape fantasies, cuz no real man will even touch them.

Posted by: Fairfax County is Dead ()
Date: November 21, 2018 12:20PM

Laughing Now Wrote:
> Hope they put up high rise section 89 housing, all
> free for illegals and MS-13. Looking forward to
> the hypocritical limo libs of Great Falls having
> violent felons move in next to them!

Section 89?????

I do find it commical and sad that the Fairfax County board just decides an area needs more buildings and people. Even more comical that the residence never wants the developments.

I heard one guy on the planning commission say "Tyson's Corner is a great example of what FFX county should all look like." Umm.. hell no!

This board is crazy with their approval of buildings. I guess once the board increases the density in one area they have no choice but increase the density in the adjoining areas to compensate for traffic and roads.

Posted by: Dopes on the loose ()
Date: November 21, 2018 12:36PM

^^^ Lots of stupid NIMBY shit.

Posted by: Reston Density Sprawl ()
Date: November 21, 2018 07:33PM

Georgetown Pike and Great Falls shopping center are way overdue for a density increase. The widen of GW Pike is overdue.

Everyone knows that Great Falls needs at least one large Town Center with some 20 story buildings. It was only a matter of time before the board allowed developers to build. The sprawl from over building Reston was bound to happen.

Posted by: Last White Man in Sterling ()
Date: November 22, 2018 07:26AM

Please lord strike it down. Guess I'll drive through it today and remember the nice woodsy area before niggers Jews and spics ruin it.

Posted by: Head 'em up, move 'em out ()
Date: November 22, 2018 07:53AM

Anything that got rid of honky-ass white turds would be a step forward. Of course, honky-ass white turds are also broke-ass white turds, so they can't afford to live anywhere near Great Falls anyway.

Posted by: Sad days for Fairfax County ()
Date: November 22, 2018 11:52AM

Not much can be done. The density increase is pretty much a done deal because the board has declared they have stopped listening to residents. That's just a backdoor for developers to claim Georgetown Pike and Great Falls need to be developed now to accommodate the overcrowding from Reston.

I'll never understand why the FFX county board is allowing all this overdevelopment other than being paid off by developers.

Posted by: blanche ()
Date: November 22, 2018 05:05PM

Sad days for Fairfax County Wrote:
> Not much can be done. The density increase is
> pretty much a done deal because the board has
> declared they have stopped listening to residents.
> That's just a backdoor for developers to claim
> Georgetown Pike and Great Falls need to be
> developed now to accommodate the overcrowding from
> Reston.
>
> I'll never understand why the FFX county board is
> allowing all this overdevelopment other than being
> paid off by developers.

Of course they are paid off by developers. Who donates any money to the BOS candidates' campaigns? The Developers -- screw the residents.

Posted by: n4yhd ()
Date: November 22, 2018 09:58PM

Growing Big Wrote:
> It's all good. The planning board and builders
> have it figured out.

stupidest poster on ffu

Posted by: petbj ()
Date: November 22, 2018 10:00PM

n4yhd Wrote:
> Growing Big Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > It's all good. The planning board and builders
> > have it figured out.
>
> stupidest poster on ffu

so this figuring out. it's figured out hondurans pack into 20 story building to insure democrats free government cost labor and stuff the ballot box

figure how? as far as planning: your full of it. there isn't a single chance they didn't make costly planning mistakes

Posted by: Thanker Giver ()
Date: November 23, 2018 04:44AM

I assume that there will be plenty of low income housing and that they will feed into Langley. Outstanding work by the board, long overdue.

Posted by: Give it a rest... ()
Date: November 23, 2018 10:17AM

Sad days for Fairfax County Wrote:
> I'll never understand why the FFX county board is
> allowing all this overdevelopment other than being
> paid off by developers.

There's always the chance that they are simply way smarter than you and are actually just doing what they think will be best for the present and future of the County.

Posted by: Aw, c'mon... ()
Date: November 23, 2018 10:41AM

^^^ Where's the fun in that?

Posted by: Doomed FFX County ()
Date: November 23, 2018 02:02PM

Give it a rest... Wrote:
> Sad days for Fairfax County Wrote:
> -----
> > I'll never understand why the FFX county board
> is
> > allowing all this overdevelopment other than
> being
> > paid off by developers.
>
> There's always the chance that they are simply way
> smarter than you and are actually just doing what
> they think will be best for the present and future
> of the County.

Nope, building 20 story buildings in the middle of Reston and Great Falls it's all GREED! I would have thought Reston and Great Falls could of stopped the density increases but not going to happen when the planning commision and board ignore citizens.

Posted by: Article ()
Date: November 23, 2018 02:07PM

Posted by: Thank you, Jesus ()
Date: November 23, 2018 02:23PM

Most parts of government try to ignore stupid people. It’s a plus for everyone else.

Posted by: Top dog ()
Date: November 25, 2018 05:47PM

Real Reason Wrote:
> This rezoning for no-income housing is supported
> by the obese ugly liberal cows who harbor secret
> MS-13 rape fantasies, cuz no real man will even
> touch them.

Most liberal "males" are cucks who also harbor rape fantasies.

Posted by: Escaping NoVa ()
Date: November 25, 2018 05:50PM

I'm getting the fuck out of NoVA before Jan 1 2019 and I swear to God, that if any of you shitlibs start moving out en masse to majority white areas after you have fucked up your metropolis', you can gauran-fucking-tee that you'll end up dead in a ditch if you idiots try any of your BS anywhere else. Go ahead. I fucking dare you. You idiots are on borrowed time.

Posted by: Thank you, Jesus ()
Date: November 25, 2018 05:56PM

Thank you, Jesus Wrote:
> Most parts of government try to ignore stupid
> people. It’s a plus for everyone else.

^^^ Here are some of the stupid people I spoke of earlier.

Posted by: Good Bye My Fairfax County ()
Date: November 28, 2018 10:46AM

Escaping NoVa Wrote:
> I'm getting the fuck out of NoVA before Jan 1 2019
> and I swear to God, that if any of you shitlibs
> start moving out en masse to majority white areas
> after you have fucked up your metropolis', you can
> gauran-fucking-tee that you'll end up dead in a
> ditch if you idiots try any of your BS anywhere
> else. Go ahead. I fucking dare you. You idiots are
> on borrowed time.

The density increase is already planned.

Developers already have their plans in place with the planning commiss to widen 193, which has to happen now, and extend Reston Parkway to 495. The new density increase in Reston demands new roads be built through Great Falls. Has to happen.

Posted by: Density Increases in Great Falls ()
Date: November 28, 2018 03:49PM

Developers are in bed with the planning board. If you the read the developer proposals you'll see the language is from the planning commision. The idea is to increase the density in Reston first as a backdoor excuse to eventually develop the Great Falls area like the Reston Town Center area.

AKA, well Reston needs a road structure and overflow area and that has to be done in the Great Falls area because that is the only place. This is same planning board that changed all the rules in Reston developers could stack highrises next to the subway.

Posted by: The Fall of Fairfax County ()
Date: November 29, 2018 01:47PM

Oh well

Posted by: Say it ain't so Joe! ()
Date: November 30, 2018 12:22PM

They are already starting in downtown Great Falls by redoing the 7-Eleven area. The owner of that strip mall sold it knowing the 193 is going to turned into a 4 lane parkway. I feel sorry for anybody how bought close to 193.

Posted by: ZeroLotLines ()
Date: November 30, 2018 12:29PM

With the advent of city sewer and water the tract housing will soon follow. Then we can build a proper elementary school with no need for grinder pumps. Suck a dick Great Falls.

Posted by: There goes the neighborhood ()
Date: November 30, 2018 12:29PM

Looks like I'm going to have to start paying tuition at Madeira

Posted by: Madeira... ()
Date: December 03, 2018 03:22PM

There goes the neighborhood Wrote:
> Looks like I'm going to have to start paying
> tuition at Madeira

Well, at least you discounts on horseback riding. LOL!

Posted by: Resident Don't Want it, So WHAT ()
Date: December 03, 2018 09:22PM

The developer game plan is to get the density increased in Reston as a backdoor to increase the density in Great Falls. It's all planned out. Once the Reston density is increased the arguement can be made that Great Falls will have to roads built like a GW Pike Parkawy and the extension of the Reston Parkway to 495.

The Reston Density increase is pretty much a done deal, the board has stopped any comments. The board will do the same with the Great Falls density increase.

Posted by: It'll Still Happen ()
Date: December 04, 2018 04:46PM

Well, it looks like at least one or two on the board are starting to see what's going on.

Posted by: Too Late Now ()
Date: December 06, 2018 11:58AM

It'll Still Happen Wrote:
> Well, it looks like at least one or two on the
> board are starting to see what's going on.

Now that people in Great Falls have figure out developers are scheming to carve up Great Falls for 20 story buildings and road expansions they are all upset. It's a little too late. The land has already been bought and the board and planning commission are already in the back pocket of developers.

The widening of 193 and expansion of the Reston Parkway through Great Falls has to happen now.

Posted by: Number One Deplorable ()
Date: December 06, 2018 12:01PM

It'll Still Happen Wrote:
> Well, it looks like at least one or two on the
> board are starting to see what's going on.

Naw. Probably just the checks didn't clear their bank accounts, yet.

Posted by: Payouts ()
Date: December 06, 2018 01:40PM

Number One Deplorable Wrote:
> It'll Still Happen Wrote:
> -----
> > Well, it looks like at least one or two on the
> > board are starting to see what's going on.
>
>
> Naw. Probably just the checks didn't clear their
> bank accounts, yet.

I wonder how it works. Wait until after their term is up and then give them a payout?

Posted by: Thank You ()
Date: December 07, 2018 03:37PM

Old Man Fairfax Wrote:
> and haul?

MY BEST LAUGH OF THE DAY. THANK YOU.

Posted by: Developers Already In ()
Date: December 07, 2018 04:34PM

Thank You Wrote:
> Old Man Fairfax Wrote:
> -----
> > WTF. There are no public sewer lines in most
> of
> > the Great Falls area. Who would approve a 20
> > story building with the only sewage option is
> poop
> > and haul?
>
>
> MY BEST LAUGH OF THE DAY. THANK YOU.

The widen of 193 will include a new sewer line. Also, there are sewer lines in Great Falls at the major malls. Those are two of the select areas that developer are working the board on Town Centers.

The planning commissions goal is to have all Fairfax County, including Great Falls looking like Tyson Corners. The planning commission thinks Tysons Corners is "the model for Fairfax County."

Posted by: Repeat ()
Date: December 07, 2018 04:41PM

Already Taken Care off Wrote:

> The builders already have a plan with the planning
> board.
>
> Public sewer and water are both available at the
> other two Commercial areas in the Community, near
> Colvin Run Road/Walker Road, and Georgetown
> Pike/Seneca Road.

>
> They are going to expand those lines\systems for
> the buildings. The new developments\high rises
> will bring in tax dollars that will pay for sewer
> systems in Great Falls.

Posted by: More Details ()
Date: December 07, 2018 04:46PM

There are also main sewer lines available near 193/Scotts Run and many other sites in Great Falls. It's a myth that sewer lines are not available in Great Falls.

Posted by: X7JKP ()
Date: December 07, 2018 05:26PM

More Details Wrote:
> There are also main sewer lines available near
> 193/Scotts Run and many other sites in Great
> Falls. It's a myth that sewer lines are not
> available in Great Falls.

193 and Scotts Run is anything BUT Great Falls, still 22102 not 22066.

Also the back half of the Reserve just off of 193 beyond Swinks Mill Road is all septic. Not sure exactly why but would have expected that these houses would have been connected to sewer if at all possible.

With all the hills and valleys out in GF there would need a lot of Sewage Pumping Stations to move the sewage to higher ground to then gravity feed to another connection spot.

There is the Honey Sucker dump spot near Colvin Mill and Rt 7, so I assume this side of GF could have a connection to sewers, but again with any of these feeds pumping stations along with in ground piping will be required.

Posted by: Photo op ()
Date: December 07, 2018 05:41PM

Take pictures now for the old pictures thread later. Chalk it up to another “once upon a time” story for your grandchildren.

Date: December 07, 2018 08:47PM

Developers Already In Wrote:

> The planning commissions goal is to have all
> Fairfax County, including Great Falls looking like
> Tyson Corners. The planning commission thinks
> Tysons Corners is "the model for Fairfax County."

What they did to Tysons is not the model for Fairfax County - it's the model for the Planning Commissioners' and County Commissioners' retirement plans.

Posted by: Take Away Their Pensions ()
Date: December 09, 2018 11:16AM

Number One Deplorable Wrote:
> Developers Already In Wrote:
> -----
>
> > The planning commissions goal is to have all
> > Fairfax County, including Great Falls looking
> like
> > Tyson Corners. The planning commission thinks
> > Tysons Corners is "the model for Fairfax
> County."
>
> What they did to Tysons is not the model for
> Fairfax County - it's the model for the Planning
> Commissioners' and County Commissioners'
> retirement plans.

Try explaining that to the planning commission?

If we fire their asses can we take away their pensions?

Posted by: Sheesh... ()
Date: December 09, 2018 11:59AM

Take a course in contract law.

Posted by: Poor Student ()
Date: December 09, 2018 04:17PM

Sheesh... Wrote:
> Take a course in contract law.

I did take a class in contract law. I don't remember any of it.

Posted by: Olep ()
Date: December 10, 2018 01:15PM

I'm surprised at how the board and planning commission will just bend over backwards for developers. Or made I shouldn't be surprised.

Date: December 10, 2018 01:57PM

Olep Wrote:
> I'm surprised at how the board and planning
> commission will just bend over backwards for
> developers. Or made I shouldn't be surprised.

Why would that surprise you? The folks on the Board and Planning Commission are merely doing what any senorita in a Tijuana brothel will do for $50. They are literally no different than those whores - they just charge more.

Posted by: pvn3c ()
Date: December 11, 2018 11:55AM

gerrymanderer2 (OP) posts several lies on ffu daily - many think he's a fx co gov worker who is getting paid to do it for false DNC democrat "advertising"

THAT'S NOT HOW IT WORKS

FIRST THE FIREMARSHALL CERTIFIES AN AREA IS READ TO SERVICE 20 STORY BUILDINGS IN THAT AREA

THEN THE AREA IS AUTOMATICALLY AVAILABLE

THE ONLY THING DEMOCRATS COULD HAVE DONE IS USED MY TAX MONEY TO PROVIDE GF WITH INFRASTRUCTURE. however: it is an old wealthy area - if any area gets due infrastructure before another - one area would be GF fairly

Posted by: nbb3b ()
Date: December 11, 2018 11:57AM

gerrymanderer2 (OP) posts several lies on ffu daily - many think he's a fx co gov worker who is getting paid to do it for false DNC democrat "advertising"

just because an area can have 20 story buildings doesn't mean government workers have the right to decide to fund illegal aliens to build low cost housing to house illegal aliens

it could and should be decided in concert with the GF residents

Posted by: What a loser... ()
Date: December 11, 2018 12:22PM

BIG FONT GUY is just a flying fucking asshole.

Posted by: Citizen Vote ()
Date: December 11, 2018 03:11PM

Citizens should have the right to call a majority vote of residents on an issue.

Posted by: GF Citizens United ()
Date: December 13, 2018 01:14PM

Citizen Vote Wrote:
> Citizens should have the right to call a majority
> vote of residents on an issue.

It'll never happen because the board would have to approve it.

Posted by: Pat V ()
Date: December 16, 2018 11:21PM

What is the address of this development in Great Falls, Virginia?

Is there an article about the county plan, or is this just a website rumor?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.