HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Craigslist Posting - IT System Administrator at the DNC HQ (Washington, DC)
Posted by: Ludwig ()
Date: October 30, 2018 05:13PM

IT System Administrator at the DNC HQ (Washington, DC)

The Democratic National Committee's Tech team is hiring an IT Systems Administrator to manage our systems of all flavors! We're looking for someone who can ensure that the Democratic National Committee runs smoothly from a technical perspective, and make sure our systems are ready to fight to win elections in every zip code. If you have a passion to change the world, you'll find a remarkably rewarding job, and people that you couldn't be happier to work with.

The Tech team is a small, diverse team that provides the technology used by candidates and organizers in all 50 states and all 3,413 counties across the United States to analyze data, organize campaigns, raise money, and get out the vote on election day.

But there's more to do. So we're hiring product managers, engineers, researchers, designers, security experts, IT professionals, and data scientists who can use user-centered design and rapid iteration to develop a rich technology ecosystem for progressives--building tools ourselves as well as partnering with other companies and organizations.

In this role, you will ...

*Act as a technical lead for IT infrastructure projects, ensuring software and hardware installations follow industry and institutional best practices. Oversee the maintenance, and support of a diverse on-prem and cloud-based server infrastructure.

*Manage security infrastructure, maintain and support such infrastructure to ensure it is free from vulnerabilities.

*Monitor and report on infrastructure uptime and performance. Develop alerts on uptime, performance, and security and respond to such alerts as quickly as possible.

*Contribute to our DevOps team, assisting to automate deployment practices, and ensure security best practices are maintained throughout an agile development process.

We're hard at work retooling our systems to take advantage of modern tools and techniques. We're looking for someone with a deep understanding of a number of key skills. Examples in your skill set might include networking, Linux, AWS, Splunk, and maybe even zero-trust networking.

This is a senior role and we're definitely looking for someone with IT experience but don't require previous experience in politics. If you are coming from industry, however, be aware that some things are different in the world of politics: while we've done some budget hacking so we can be competitive, when it comes to salaries we know we can't beat Google or Facebook.

On the other hand, you might legit help save the world.

Learn more, and apply here: https://jobs.lever.co/dnc/5582b95d-da5e-46d0-82e6-e038bcab9c80

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/sad/d/it-system-administrator-at/6736608418.html

Russian Nationals ONLY!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Craigslist Posting - IT System Administrator at the DNC HQ (Washington, DC)
Posted by: Triggly Puff ()
Date: October 30, 2018 05:31PM

What about the part where you're found dead on a DC street late at night and your death is completely forgotten about?

#SethRich

Posted by: Anon SysAd ()
Date: October 30, 2018 05:36PM

SereneFarflungHorseshoecrab-size_restric

Posted by: Boo fn hoo ()
Date: October 30, 2018 10:04PM

Triggly puff...spot on dude

Posted by: hk6yj ()
Date: October 31, 2018 11:07AM

000_hkg1393380.si_.jpg

we all know who DNC is going to hire

it's obvious

CALIFORNIA IS HANDING OVER IT'S WHOLE GOVERNMENT PENSION PLAN TO CHINA "for management", democrats say

Posted by: Falling short again... ()
Date: October 31, 2018 11:25AM

Right-wingers wouldn't be able to clean out the trash each night. That's why immigrants get to do it.

Posted by: hk4mv ()
Date: October 31, 2018 07:56PM

If you have "separated trash" you don't have to take it every night.

But no one has firgured out a way to get Democrats to follow common sense rules yet!

Posted by: Samuel90 ()
Date: April 02, 2020 08:03AM

My wife is working as a freelancer for many years in a similar company. Honestly speaking, I was always joking that she stays at home doing nothing and call a job the play on the notebook. But for the present moment, I remained without work because of this awful COR- VID and her ???? ???????? ???? is our only hope. Indeed, I don't know how to live after all this disaster and crisis today. I see the only way to get into something similar and also work on the computer. As I understand, they are the only people who have what to eat today.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2020 08:12AM by Samuel90.

Posted by: Job requirements ()
Date: April 02, 2020 10:15AM

“Those that are from Pakistan and smell like onions will move to the front of the line.”

-Democrat IT guys, ruining Springfield for years!

#debbie wasserman schultz

#seth rich

Posted by: MaxiMarry ()
Date: April 02, 2020 03:18PM

Thank You for information

Posted by: pottowatomee ()
Date: April 02, 2020 11:02PM

somebody with a suicide wish need apply

Posted by: John_Arthur ()
Date: October 21, 2020 05:09PM

I dunno why you post here about your IT team and who would ever search for a job on fairfax that is so weird. Whenever I need a professional to help me out I use trade professionals service and it gives me a result of all professionals in my local area. When I needed to set up my new MikroTik router I found an IT technician that came to my house and did set up my MikroTik and now if I have any problems he can connect remotely to my router and solve the issues. The nice thing about that service is that you pay when the job is done and that is awesome. I suggest for IT companies to search for employers there as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2020 05:11PM by John_Arthur.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.