HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Is Christopher Colaluca SCUM and his Metroevents Company a SCAM?
Posted by: Angry Job Seeker ()
Date: January 29, 2010 03:57AM

So I applied to a job post on careerbuilder.com for a supposed Entry-Level Marketing job at a company called "MetroEvents," a supposed "Event Marketing" company. They called me back the day after I submitted my resume and asked me to come in on an interview the very next day (which kind of seemed odd). Before I was about to go to bed tonight, I did some research on the company to prepare myself for the interview in the morning.

I noticed their website looked unprofessional to me (metroeventdc.com) and a little shady how they say they work with the area's top sports teams and fortune 500 companies, but don't list ANY clients by name. So I kept searching the internet and their site and....

I came across some dirt about the owner/CEO Christopher Colaluca on ripoffreport.com. Supposedly he has changed the company name from CRC Advertising, to ARC International Concepts, to The Capital Group and now to MetroEvents all within a few years. It has come to my knowledge that they are actually a pyramid scheme-door to door sales company with some unethical practices.

I have read many reports about this scum Christopher Colaluca sexually harassing his female AND male employees and how he has stole rightfully earned money from his employees and ripped-off and deceived his so called "clients."

I just want to warn everyone NOT to work or apply to their deceptive job posts before you find out what they are really about (just type in his name on ripoffreport.com)

Has anyone actually worked for these companies, or know this lard-ass scum Christopher Colaluca? .

Thank God for the internet or I would have wasted hours and possibly days on end with this company instead of trying to find a REAL and LEGIT job...

Oh and P.S. the company "The Intuitive Group" is a scam too, they do the same thing as MetroEvents.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Is Christopher Colaluca SCUM and his Metroevents Company a SCAM?
Posted by: ColalucaEnemy ()
Date: February 11, 2010 10:28PM

I worked for this doof in 2006, when it was called CRC Advertising. It took me 3 weeks to wisen up and quit. Everything that you've read about him and his dirty company is true, so I don't need to repeat what they are. Just know that right about now, some poor fresh-out-of-college kids are walking door-to-door in the thick snow/ice all over the metropolitan area; tired, hungry, afraid to come back to Colaluca without having sold 10 coupon books. You are one lucky person to have consulted the net. I wish I had been as fortunate.

Posted by: Emily84 ()
Date: February 11, 2010 11:21PM

My older brother was dumped into something like this on his 'interview'. He was applying to work in sports marketing and for his interview, was left in a neighborhood with 2 other guys, dressed in suits, to sell pizza coupons. My brother is shy and quiet and actually sold some coupons rather than punching the interviewer in the teeth like I would have. I'd stay away from it!

Posted by: rob on the scanner ()
Date: February 11, 2010 11:32PM

What kind of scamm is that. Sounds like a reall scam . I bet they run ads every week. They probably use those guys for a week at a time. It may take one pay check before they figure out what's going on.

Posted by: GMU Hokie ()
Date: February 12, 2010 05:30AM

He lives in Haymarket so he must be well off.

Case Number: GT09092301-00 File Date: 04/20/2009 Complainant: MCSELLERS, M J Locality: COMMONWEALTH OF VA
Defendant: COLALUCA, CHRISTOPHER R Defense Attorney:
Address: HAYMARKET, VA 20164
Sex: Male Race: White Caucasian(Non-Hispanic) DOB: 02/27/****
Charge: 075/55 RECKLESS Code Section: C.46.2-862 Case Type: Misdemeanor Class: 1
Amended Charge: Amended Code: Amended Case Type:
Offense Date: 04/16/2009 Arrest Date:
Hearings
Number Date Time Result Hearing Type Courtroom Plea Min Continuance Code
01 05/05/2009 09:30 AM Finalized Adjudicatory 1C Guilty 996
Final Disposition in District Court: Guilty Fines/Costs Paid: Yes Fine/Costs Paid Date: 05/06/2009
Sentence Time: 00Months 000Days 00Hours Sentence Suspension Time: 00Months 000Days 00Hours Operator License Suspension Time: 00Years 00Months 000Days
Fine: Cost: $72.00
Operator License Restriction Codes: Restriction Start Date: Restriction End Date:
VASAP:

Posted by: GMU Hokie ()
Date: February 12, 2010 05:33AM

What kind of guy get sued by his country club?

Prince William County General District (Pay Online)
Civil Case Details Page : GV08022545-00

Case Number: GV08022545-00 File Date: 01/09/2009 Case Type: Warrant In Debt
Debt Type: Contract Number of Plaintiffs: 01 Number of Defendants: 02
Plaintiff # 1 Information:
Name: DOMINION VALLEY COUNTRY CLUB I LLC
Judgment:
Attorneys:
Plaintiff Attorney: KELLY C ZOOK
Defendant Attorney:
Defendant # 1 Information:
Name: NGUYEN, VY LE THUY
Judgment:
Defendant # 2 Information:
Name: COLALUCA, CHRISTOPHER R SERVE: SEC
Judgment:

Appeal Information
Appealed Date: Appealed By:
Hearings
Number Date Time Result Hearing Type
01 02/12/2009 11:00 AM Continued Civil Hearing
02 05/12/2009 01:30 PM Other Civil Contested Hearing
Judgment: Non-suit Judgment Amount:
Other Amount: Interest Award:
Cost: Attorney Fees:
Possession: Writ Issued:
Is Judgment Satisfied: Date Satisfied:
Homstead Exemption Waived:
Other:

Build #: 4.0.1

Posted by: Real Mad ()
Date: November 09, 2010 06:50PM

Yes is definitely is sack of shit. I am worked there up until testerday. There is a poor russian girl there who he has not paid for three months. She just got her first check this friday. Chris explained to her that he could not pay her the full amount at one time. she is never gonna see her money im afraid. I am debating on printing all this shit off and showing it to his employees. What a shitbag. He has a dumb goon Tim that runs his operation at this point. this guy has no car and bum's rides with the new people to work. He will then give them no gas money and leave trash in the car. These guys are junk

Posted by: FoxMulder ()
Date: November 10, 2010 05:45AM

HOLY FUCKING SHIT I cannot believe I saw this thread on here this morning.

I know both of these guys...Chris and Tim...they play in the same hockey league as me. Its got to be the same Tim you mentioned, because Chris always drives him around...holy crap...

Posted by: unknown ()
Date: November 10, 2010 10:58PM

This is the worst mistake of my life i had ever made (working for metro events). Chris is a lazy ass who has his bitch called "tim" motivate and memic a speech everyday that has nuthing even fucking close related to the company. Every morning he compares this damn company and the workers to famous people like bill gates, michael jordan, the income they make and how success is earned. Think realistic people UR NOT GOING TO MAKE FUCKIN 90K BY WALKING AROUND A HOME DEPOT OR BJS!!! Do not become brainwashed because thats all they try to do every morning. The meetings are repeated and memorized as scripts!! People do not open their offices and roll in dough. They only show u the pros and never the cons. Have u ever heard of an office that failed? ohh NOO metro events teaches u there is no thing when reality is the preecher Tim himself failed a fucking office and now has no choice but to work for chris. Theses are real stories they will never tell you. Basically you dont get paid for the extra time you have to stay for the meaningless meetings. Thoses only benefit them because they want you to teach well so chris doesnt have to do any work and gets more money. You have no personel life once you join this company and they over work you so basically if you do the math your making less then minimum wage. Then they tell you every morning ohh hang in there the result is good the end is satisfying and blah blah... so they mean just be patient and run miles on ur own car and pay ur own gas and get no holidays and get no days off with pay or any type of benifits until that so called never day of management comes along. the top managers of the company are lousy uneducated and have fucking been around for years which got them there even then they still dont make good money. anyways enough said dont beilieve their stories especially their little motivation strategies cuz its sad but i have all of them memorized too!!

Posted by: star ()
Date: November 10, 2010 11:11PM

question for all of those that are still confused

okay so this is a wonderfull opportunity! 6 to 12 months management opportunity and you make 90k your own office! you buy anything you want house paid off, cars paid off, money in your bank account, vacations, and ect.

okay so if the opportunity is that great then why the hell does everyone quit after 3 weeks?? DUHHH its not legit. why the hell has tim been sitting with the company 7 years??? what happened to 6 to 12 months?? where is his 90 k??? where is his office???

this is all a fake scheme
and if you work in that office plz ask thoses questions and see if they can even come up with an answer

Posted by: Not a Pyramid Scheme Fan ()
Date: November 11, 2010 02:34AM

GMU Hokie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What kind of guy get sued by his country club?
>

He probably was sued by the HOA of Dominion Valley CC, not the actual country club. Possibly, he didn't pay his monthly dues for the community. Some of the initial homes sold in DVCC included a country club membership as part of the house purchase. I believe, it was later amended and most new buyers pay an HOA fee for the community, cable TV, and various services.

Posted by: Screwed by Capital Group ()
Date: April 07, 2011 05:59PM

I worked for this peice of garbage back in 2008 when it was the Capital Group.

Anything and everything you have heard is true about this guy...from the brainwashing sessions, to the sexual harassment. Ive seen it all. The ID badges you get aren't even legit. If you get caught in one of the stores by a manager that actually knows this, you are screwed, not Chris Colaluca.

For such a small business, he sure has an awful lot of complaints. Has to be something to it. Funny though...Havent seen or heard of his little minions Alex Vasquez or Kate Wahl and their "success stories" since they opened their offices.

Posted by: Still in Business? ()
Date: April 08, 2011 06:58AM

How is this guy still around? How is this company still operating? Are people still falling for the scam? Pizza coupons?

Posted by: Weirded out ()
Date: April 18, 2011 07:38PM

I interviewed at Metroevents right after graduating from college. I was really weirded out when I went to the interview. Imagine a doctors waiting room with rows of chairs and people filling out clip boards of information, all while house music is blasts from the receptionists computer...and weirder still was the fact the office was clearly under renovation, but seemed more like they were ready to move at a moments notice.

I was upset at first when I didn't get a second interview. Until I realized they only hire uneducated people who won't figure out they're being taken advantage of. Stay away from this shady company!

Posted by: Just Say No ()
Date: April 18, 2011 10:56PM

Ha, yeah, the loud music in the office is SUCH a douchebag touch. Like, "We're so cool we blast music IN THE OFFICE! You WANT to work in an environment like this!" When really I was thinking, "Any chance you could turn that shit down?"

Posted by: NEVERAGAIN ()
Date: July 02, 2011 12:53PM

I worked for Chris back in 2002 when it was CRC and they were located on Reisterstown Rd. What people don't realize (and those who do defend the practice) is that the only reason why "owners" make money is they don't have to pay anyone other than the receptionist. But this douchebag just made his girlfriend work for free. They don't have to purchase actual office furniture, just the waiting room, receptionist's desk, and the rest on his office. They pay the rent and utilities as well. But add in a base salary or wage for the employees, desks for the employees, reimbursements for "road trips", tickets, etc. and then that $90,000 becomes a lot less. They prey on really motivated, fresh out of college with no experience, or middle age people who can't find another job without going back to school. Terrible, terrible business. Hope they all burn in "you know where".

Posted by: WizardBehindTheCurtainOfTheMatrix ()
Date: October 17, 2011 06:49PM

2 things to consider and to think about. #1 Everyone reading this, please know and recall that there is a legendary underground hero and freedom fighter named Dave Williams, who long ago... went head-to-toe with that squared-headed douche shit for brains ... straight punk of a lard sack ass fool... Christopher Colasucka. Dave Williams let the world know about little bitch CC's operation and how CC was and still is to this very day in 2011, a lowbrow, fake, wannabe hustler, trying to man-touch boys and girls. #2 If Christopher Colaluca really ... and truly ... c'mon ... for real man? has a Bachelor's degree ... which theoretically, even with his straight retarded behavior ... could... be true... ahem... THEN WHY DOES HE ONLY LIST "ASSOCIATES" [degree] on his corny ass Linkedin profile? Think about that for a minute. Straight square-headed PUNK! We know all about square-head's schemes from the inside out. Amen!

Posted by: bobafeet ()
Date: October 18, 2011 10:20AM

I know that chris will knock your ass down if you stand in front of the net

Posted by: x42-1 ()
Date: October 18, 2011 08:50PM

Really? Did you just say ugly,unhygienic,worthless,despicable,inhuman Chris Colaluca can actually knock someone down???? OMG...LMAO!!!! Don't you think his fat ass will have a heart attack if he attempted to knock someones ass down? That must be the most hysterical shit I've heard all year. If you care about his retarded behind,try to help him understand how to run a business operation legitimately without fraudulent activities.You should also tell him to quit sexually harassing the young men and women he works with.Walking closely behind them and purposely bumping into them with the intention of rubbing his filthy little penis on their behinds is definitely unacceptable and has caused a lot of anger.

To answer the question Christopher Colaluca is indeed the scum of the earth and his company obviously a SCAM!!!! FUCK Metroevents!!!!

Posted by: CollegeStudent ()
Date: November 04, 2011 06:24PM

Boy was I stupid, I quit my previous job last summer @ Toys R Us to work for this clown....holy god I have never encountered such RACIST PIGS in my life. I would rather have been a male stripper than work for his scam...hell I'd be making more money! I would make more money at ANY job! These people act unprofessionally, and if we don't meet our minimum, he makes us do degrading things such as sing "I'm a little teapot" or act like a fucking donkey, Chris and Tim are a bunch of donkeys! I have wasted 1/2 my summer in 2010 driving all over spending god knows how much in gas making too little and way too overworked. I should have quit while I was ahead.

Let's just put it this way....most things are too good to be true, and Christopher Colaluca is a living example of the phrase, stay away from Metro Events or any company run by him and be patient, take your time and you will hopefully land a good job.

Posted by: Christopher Colaluca=Vector Marketing 2.0 ()
Date: November 04, 2011 06:30PM

Quite Frankly, I would say not all pyramid schemes are scams. I've had friends who have run their own Avon and Amway Independent Businesses and have been successful. Quite frankly, Chris is using a similar strategy to Vector Marketing or similar to these Nigerian 419 Scams. He makes alluring promises and in the end, the victim will be held liable for his actions, not Chris....we're his mugus, he's the master.

Christopher Colaluca is no different than Vector Marketing, instead of selling $1000 knife sets, he's selling coupon books.

Posted by: Hatelazyfuxlikechris ()
Date: December 07, 2011 05:30PM

Worked with this fat fuck for a while after moving from another office where the owner got shut down. He is racist as hell and know for a fact he jerks off in his office when the guys are in the field. Don't shake his hand! His gf Vee was nice when I worked there, but heard she thought he was a chauvinist pig. Not surprised.

I'd worked in offices where the owners actually worked with their people to make them successful, but all Chris cared about was the money. He's in one of the easiest markets in the country and cant put out a successful outside deal. From what i hear anyone worth their salt went to work with other managers than stay with his ass.

Posted by: recruiter ()
Date: December 07, 2011 07:11PM

now his linkedin profile says he works for a company called staffing? but at the bottom it quotes a company called keepers, based in alexandria i think? they won't be to happy about that!

On a good note the staffing industry requires a lot of skill and knowledge and a shit load of trust for clients, so rest assured he will not last long there!

Posted by: OOPS! ()
Date: December 08, 2011 06:36AM

Hatelazyfuxlikechris Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Worked with this fat fuck for a while after moving
> from another office where the owner got shut down.
> He is racist as hell and know for a fact he jerks
> off in his office when the guys are in the field.
> Don't shake his hand! His gf Vee was nice when I
> worked there, but heard she thought he was a
> chauvinist pig. Not surprised.

His gf Vee? Chris is married to Katy and I believe they have two kids...

Posted by: owner ()
Date: December 13, 2011 05:22AM

marcus finger

Posted by: Scam ()
Date: December 13, 2011 07:09AM

Sounds like a multi-level marketing scheme. Google it and you'll see how many variations of this exist. All of them prey on employees who buy into the scam and work for very little on the hope that someday they can be "big time" like the handful of senior level guys in these "companies".

Most of them sell crap that is a borderline scam on it's own, like long distance calling. Others sell decent products (Kirby vacuums or Cutco knives), but make it very hard for a salesman to meet the requirements to get paid.

Don't waste your time. Chances are, you'll blow money driving around trying to make sales and end up with nothing after the first week.

Posted by: Holy Crap ()
Date: May 17, 2012 11:15AM

I play hockey with this guy too. Had no idea about all this.

Posted by: Ridiculous ()
Date: May 17, 2012 11:29AM

I had a very brief stint with this shithole as well. Both Chris Colaluca and Tim Lane are doing staffing work now. Good luck shitheads, no way they succeed.

Posted by: HeIsADouche ()
Date: April 29, 2013 12:07AM

His GF Vee finally left him and called off their wedding after she found out he cheated on her with Katie. Poor girl stayed with him longer than she should have. Could have done so much better than that douchebag! She was always so nice and was so much better than that. Never knew what she saw in that man who was so racist and sexually harassed all the girls in the office. So glad I finally found my way and left the company! What a dishonest and dirty business.

Posted by: fuckcolasucka ()
Date: May 19, 2013 08:06PM

The answer is YES. Chris Colasucka is scum and his Metroevents company is a scam. Everything else written by the individuals on this blog is true and one thing that was not mentioned is that he also has a diarrhea problem. His digestive system is totally fucked up. Any reasonable person that worked with him will attest to the fact that he constantly had a sack of shit piled up in his underwear. This inhumane creature smells like swine dookie. Some of the kids that he recruited didn't even stick around until they realized it was scam because they were out of the door much earlier due to the way he fucking stinks.

Posted by: Game of Scams ()
Date: May 20, 2013 01:54PM

But Chris Colaluca had such great school spirit. He should be CEO of BOTH Apple and Microsoft now. Jack Dale, what's the explanation?

He played sports-why didn't that make him ethical and successful? C'mon, Fairfax, what happened here?

Metroevents is probably some kind of front for Sharon Bulova.

Posted by: colajoker=scum ()
Date: May 25, 2013 01:29PM

Christopher Colajoker sucks balls like hungry horses lick sugar cubes!!!!

Posted by: warriorXfinite ()
Date: March 16, 2018 11:35AM

Chirs Colaluca is also known as Colajocka, Colasucka or Colabolzo. I notice that some of the honorable people on this thread referred to him as that. Colabolzo is a dick riding fuckboy with little testicles. He constantly he has dirty underwear, dirty socks and dirty armpits. I despise his worthless and unhygienic behind with a passion. He has the body odor of a dirty goat and his breadth smells like fucking duck dookie-dook. Describing him as scum is an understatement. Ask Zabi and Marco. Two idiotic kids that used to kiss his ass. Zabi and Marco have buttholes that are still stained Colabolzo's semen to this very day. Oh yeah, Mark Kernan is a piece of shit too. Fuck Colabolzo, Fuck Mark, Fuck Zabi and Fuck Marco. Misty is overweight.
I have to say, as accurate as this thread is, apart from that one person that tried to defend Colabolzo, it is funny as hell. I really cannot stop laughing....
Lol ........ LMAO........ ROTF........
Booha........Booha........Booha........Booha @ Colabolzo!!!!!!!!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.