HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Puerto Rico 3000 deaths; Trump: 'This was done by the Democrats in order to make me look as bad as possible"
Posted by: Harvard says 4000 ()
Date: September 13, 2018 12:14PM

"3000 people did not die in the two hurricanes that hit Puerto Rico. When I left the Island, AFTER the storm had hit, they had anywhere from 6 to 18 deaths. As time went by it did not go up by much. Then, a long time later, they started to report really large numbers, like 3000..."

Trump says 6; Harvard says 4000; GWU says 2975 died.

gee, wonder which is closest???

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Puerto Rico 3000 deaths; Trump: 'This was done by the Democrats in order to make me look as bad as possible"
Posted by: PR is a dump anyway ()
Date: September 13, 2018 12:59PM

The Harvard and GW stats are not fatalities from the storm, but rather people they think would have lived longer had the storm not happened.

For example, if the average yearly suicide rate is 400, and it went to 500 hundred after the hurricane, then that is 100 fatalities the storm caused.

It’s all bullshit.

Re: Puerto Rico 3000 deaths; Trump: 'This was done by the Democrats in order to make me look as bad as possible"
Posted by: fudgethenumbers ()
Date: September 13, 2018 01:09PM

The population of PR is 3,658,179. With that many people, how many would normally pass away from old age, automobile accidents, suicides, drug overdoses, etc. on any given day?

Posted by: no proximate cause ()
Date: September 13, 2018 01:22PM

GWU used deaths between September 2017 to February 2018. All bullshit.

Posted by: Shekels Trump ()
Date: September 13, 2018 01:39PM

George Soros promised to pay $10,000 to anybody who died on purpose just to make Trump look bad.

Posted by: trump is a massive fuckup ()
Date: September 13, 2018 01:48PM

> Re: Puerto Rico 3000 deaths; Trump: 'This was done by the Democrats in
> order to make me look as bad as possible"

It’s like holocaust denial, but with hurricanes!

Posted by: Stat man... ()
Date: September 13, 2018 02:36PM

There are baseline death rates. Then access to electricity, clean water, and hospital services suffer long term collapses. Only fools fail to understand what happens next. These studies merely quantify those results.

Posted by: Xx4jg ()
Date: September 13, 2018 06:39PM

Stat man... Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There are baseline death rates. Then access to
> electricity, clean water, and hospital services
> suffer long term collapses. Only fools fail to
> understand what happens next. These studies merely
> quantify those results.

But the study does it in isolation and then people compare the stat to other stats not prepared in similar fashion - which is irrational.
Do the numbers for wtc this way, and i guess it'll be 20,000.

Posted by: Obstruction BS ()
Date: September 13, 2018 07:21PM

Dems typical lying sound bites is all it is and 69 million now know it

Posted by: Fjshjs ()
Date: September 13, 2018 09:19PM

fudgethenumbers Wrote:
> The population of PR is 3,658,179. With that many
> people, how many would normally pass away from old
> age, automobile accidents, suicides, drug
> overdoses, etc. on any given day?

LOTS! But the thing is that that is not how scientists and mathematician do it. There are statistics that prove to like p <.0001 value supporting that the total number of deaths would equal to the descepancy in mortality rates (actual) - mortality rates (averaged per 100,000...so accounting for increased population) for every non-hurricane year = deaths cause as a result of the hurricane. It’s math that can be proven by insanely reliable statistics...but I wouldn’t expect any Trumptard to have the intelligence to understand this, nor does the Tard-in-Chief, who doesn’t believe in science or evidence-based data, yet does believe in lizard people.

Posted by: TheTroof ()
Date: September 13, 2018 09:41PM

Democrats, in their hyperventilated folly, have told so many lies and thrown so many over the top fits that no one believes them any longer, or pays any heed to them.

You guys toddled yourselves out of relevance.

Posted by: Since you asked so nicely ()
Date: September 13, 2018 10:40PM

fudgethenumbers Wrote:
> The population of PR is 3,658,179. With that many
> people, how many would normally pass away from old
> age, automobile accidents, suicides, drug
> overdoses, etc. on any given day?

About 150. Because math:
- average lifespan ~70 years
- 365 days/year
- 70 x 365 = 25,550
- So on average, you have a 1 in 25,550 chance of dying on any given day.
- 1/25,550 * 3.7M = 144

So I rounded up to 150.

However, if the study -- by actual data scientists, not morons like Trump -- did not take that into account, they'd be laughed out of the room. Even if they didn't, 3-4K is still a lot more than expected.

Link to the actual study:
https://publichealth.gwu.edu/sites/default/files/downloads/projects/PRstudy/Acertainment%20of%20the%20Estimated%20Excess%20Mortality%20from%20Hurricane%20Maria%20in%20Puerto%20Rico.pdf

And the study lists its objectives, including:
1) assess the excess total mortality adjusting for demographic variables and seasonality

And later:
Our excess mortality study analyzed past mortality patterns (mortality registration and population census data from 2010 to 2017) in order to predict the expected mortality if Hurricane María had not occurred (predicted mortality) and compare this figure to the actual deaths that occurred (observed mortality). The difference between those two numbers is the estimate of excess mortality.

So there you have it.

Posted by: Who gives a shit? ()
Date: September 13, 2018 11:25PM

Harvard says 4000 Wrote:
> "3000 people did not die in the two hurricanes
> that hit Puerto Rico. When I left the Island,
> AFTER the storm had hit, they had anywhere from 6
> to 18 deaths. As time went by it did not go up by
> much. Then, a long time later, they started to
> report really large numbers, like 3000..."
>
> Trump says 6; Harvard says 4000; GWU says 2975
> died.
>
> gee, wonder which is closest???

Who gives a shit? Harvard is a lying nest of Jew globalist snakes, GWU is a wannabe top 20 school and thus doubly Jewish and globalist, and finally, Puerto Ricans aren't Americans.

"THEY ARE AMERICANS! THEY HAVE AMERICAN PASSPORTS!" I don't give a shit - they aren't Americans, they don't speak English, they're a bunch of third-world shitholer brown people who can't keep the lights on unless some white people show up and do it for them. It's an absolute fucking absurdity that we have to support them financially, and we should stop immediately. Let the brown shitholers run their own shithole, and that goes doubly for every other shithole we pay to keep going.

Enough of this - if we're going to be an empire, then we should act like one. If we're NOT going to be an empire, then we should stop paying for the world's tab. Right now, we've got the worst of both worlds - we have empire infrastructure, and no empire riches. Personally, I'm for unifying the world's white, non-cucked countries (all of Eastern Europe, including Russia), and taking over the globe. We can start with Puerto Rico by pushing all the low IQ browns into the ocean, renaming it "New Long Island," and making it a Caribbean paradise for white Americans only.

Posted by: Jccjp ()
Date: September 14, 2018 08:08AM

To the racist: FU, most Puerto Ricans are white, probably higher percentage than Fairfax.

To the "because math" people: statistical estimate over 6 months is not the same as body counts done for other discrete incidents - other storms, the wtc or other terrorist strikes, etc.

So why was this study done? Because (1) the govt on the island was in such shambles right after the storm that only a few deaths had been confirmed by medical examiners and (2) people found that number to be awfully low and wanted to confirm the actual number and (3) Democrats wanted Trump to look as bad as possible so they estimated the numbers over 6 months. If a large portion of the healthy and financially secure left the island before and immediately after the storm hit, do you think that would affect these expected deaths? Sure, sick poor people wont fare as well.

Posted by: D7utx ()
Date: September 14, 2018 09:06AM

The study tries to account for migration, and it is under this "displacement" scenario that death numbers are most dramatically higher. The detailed numbers arent shown to allow you to evaluate their methodolgy, but i question why this method showed the hurricane had a significant beneficial affect on death rates of women under 40.

Posted by: Stat man... ()
Date: September 14, 2018 09:08AM

Xx4jg Wrote:
> But the study does it in isolation and then people
> compare the stat to other stats not prepared in
> similar fashion - which is irrational.

Fucking garbage. The GW methodology is the standard for situations where systems for detailed documentation have broken down.

> Do the numbers for wtc this way, and i guess
> it'll be 20,000.

LOL. You're an ignorant fool.

Posted by: stat man is an idiot ()
Date: September 14, 2018 10:12AM

The "study" is statistically unreliable. The fact that GWU attaches a confidence interval and p-value to the estimate is ridiculous. There wasn't even a statistician involved until after it was done and then only a biostatistician.

Here are some criticisms.
The study was motivated after the PR politicians were criticized about the "low" death estimates and they funded the GWU study. This casts doubt on the impartiality of GWU, knowing that their goal was to produce a higher number.

The team was probably all anti-trump looking to create the greatest barely credible estimate possible and knew that the media would jump on it without any critical thinking.

The methodology was to interview a handful of morticians and physicians who were not scientifically selected via a random sample. Then based on their recall of behavior (subject of course to recall bias on the part of the physician and confirmation bias on part of interviewer) GWU concluded that the physicians did not properly record the death as hurricane related.

The period for the study was arbitrarily set to be 6 months post hurricane. To say deaths after a few weeks are due to the hurricane is to really stretch the blame to cover the hurricane as opposed to the existing island infrastructure.

The excess mortality which is estimated is uniquely assigned to the hurricane without any detailed study of other possible influences.

If one were to actually try to litigate this estimate as truth, it would obviously fail as there is no actual list of 3000 people who died.

GWU doesn't provide detailed methodology in order for professionals to actually reproduce the study.

I'm a mathematical statistician with over 30 years of experience and if I were asked to comment on this study I would recommend that it not be taken seriously.

Posted by: Pragmatist ()
Date: September 14, 2018 12:40PM

A survey of morticians in Puerto Rico after the hurricane attributed slightly less than 800 deaths to what they considered hurricane-related deaths. Again, not scientific, but at least these people have names!

Posted by: Ricans are beaners ()
Date: September 14, 2018 02:30PM

Jccjp Wrote:
> To the racist: FU, most Puerto Ricans are white,

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!

Yeah, that’s what I see at the Puerto Rican Day Parade - lots and lots of “white” people LOLOLOLOLOLOL

“My great great great great grandfather was from Spain, so I’m white derp!” No, Paco, you’re not; even Spaniards aren’t really white. You’re a low IQ brown beaner, just like the rest, which is why you couldn’t keep the lights on in your shithole country and needed white Americans to come save you.

Posted by: TheTroof ()
Date: September 14, 2018 05:59PM

The official death too is 6.

The rest are the people who died of natural causes not to do with the hurricane.

See how the Liberals do nothing but trick and deceive?

Scum is what they are. Lying scum. Everybody knows it, especially the CNN anchors.

Posted by: Morons abound ()
Date: September 14, 2018 08:20PM

Most of y'all have no idea how academia works.

Posted by: Fuck Peurto Rico ()
Date: September 14, 2018 08:22PM

The fucktard shitlib who said most Peurto Ricans are white has never been to Peurto Rico or is self-delusional. I've been there multiple times. The nice parts, as in the resorts and Old Town, are ran and managed by THE WHITE COMPETENT MINORITY of the island. The rest of Peurto Rico is a fucking spic shithole with ugly spic uncles pimping out their whore daughters for white cock and some US Dollars. I could have fucked dozens of underaged spiclettes down there but they're dirty ugly whores most of them. They all want the white cock though because their fat spic daddy only makes TWENTY FUCKING DOLLARS A MONTH LMAO.

Congrats ya fucking spics, your shitty country got even shittier and the white boss who is the USA President couldn't give two shits if all you spics died even if you all gave us your nasty slut daughters.

Posted by: “Smh” and other nigger idioms ()
Date: September 14, 2018 09:36PM

Morons abound Wrote:
> Most of y'all have no idea how academia works.

“Y’all” - do people who “have an idea how academia works” normally write like niggers?

Date: September 14, 2018 09:48PM

“Smh” and other nigger idioms Wrote:
> “Y’all” - do people who “have an idea how
> academia works” normally write like niggers?

Now *that's* funny. Thanks for the laugh!

Posted by: Niggers can’t speak english ()
Date: September 14, 2018 10:03PM

Morons abound Wrote:
> “Smh” and other nigger idioms Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > “Y’all” - do people who “have an idea
> how
> > academia works” normally write like niggers?
>
> Now *that's* funny. Thanks for the laugh!

Not “smdh bro,” you dumb nigger?

Did you know that the reason niggers can’t speak standard English is because of their average 85 IQs? It’s simply too taxing on their biologically inferior cognition. That’s why they rely on slang so much - the formal grammatical rules of standard English are far too complex for them.

Posted by: CTDBC ()
Date: September 14, 2018 10:30PM

Fjshjs Wrote:
> wouldn’t expect any Trumptard to have the intelligence to understand this

I am a bioinformatics scientist at a famous lab at Harvard.
Just because someone assigns a p-value to some statistics
does not make the statistics true.

I have not read the studies in question, but I have seen some
severe bullshit studies of this sort come out of the Harvard
School of Public Health over the past few decades.
Politically motivated bullshit.

Statistics are only useful when interpreted in very careful contexts.
Otherwise they're just numbers games.

Take it from a pro.

Posted by: The truth. is illegal ()
Date: September 15, 2018 12:30AM

CTDBC Wrote:
> Fjshjs Wrote:
> -----
> > wouldn’t expect any Trumptard to have the
> intelligence to understand this
>
>
> I am a bioinformatics scientist at a famous lab at
> Harvard.
> Just because someone assigns a p-value to some
> statistics
> does not make the statistics true.
>
> I have not read the studies in question, but I
> have seen some
> severe bullshit studies of this sort come out of
> the Harvard
> School of Public Health over the past few
> decades.
> Politically motivated bullshit.
>
> Statistics are only useful when interpreted in
> very careful contexts.
> Otherwise they're just numbers games.
>
> Take it from a pro.

Politics have completely infected academia. It began with the pseudosciences ("social sciences"), but now even the STEM sciences are thoroughly cucked. It's a truly frightening state of affairs. It's a cliche, but it really is Orwellian.

Posted by: Wake up, assholes ()
Date: September 15, 2018 10:57AM

Niggers can’t speak english Wrote:
> Did you know that the reason niggers can’t speak
> standard English is because of their average 85
> IQs? It’s simply too taxing on their
> biologically inferior cognition. That’s why
> they rely on slang so much - the formal
> grammatical rules of standard English are far too
> complex for them.

Millions upon millions of black people speak better standard English than the uneducated racist creeps posting here do. They would never make such goober mistakes as to say that "the nice parts of Puerto Rico are RAN by white people."

Meanwhile, the rules of African-American Vernacular English are if anything more complex than those of Standard English. Morons who have never learned the language have no valid place from which to criticize it.

Posted by: Dr. Beaker ()
Date: September 15, 2018 11:19AM

CTDBC Wrote:
> I am a bioinformatics scientist at a famous lab at
> Harvard. Just because someone assigns a p-value to some
> statistics does not make the statistics true.

LOL! What you are is a fucking fraud. P-values are not 'assigned' by a researcher. They are a derived property of the data being studied. Not everyone here is as dumb as you might have assumed.

> I have not read the studies in question, but I have
> seen some severe bullshit studies of this sort come
> out of the Harvard School of Public Health over the
> past few decades. Politically motivated bullshit.

Pony up, douchebag. Give us your best example. Be sure to show your work.

> Statistics are only useful when interpreted in very
> careful contexts. Otherwise they're just numbers games.

The only context in which to interpret statistics is one that painstakingly excludes deliberate lies as well as those that result from blatant observer bias. This is something that you would likely have a great deal of difficulty with.

> Take it from a pro.

But you are NOT a pro in any sense of the word.

Posted by: World of dumb... ()
Date: September 15, 2018 11:33AM

The truth. is illegal Wrote:
> Politics have completely infected academia. It
> began with the pseudosciences ("social sciences"),
> but now even the STEM sciences are thoroughly
> cucked. It's a truly frightening state of
> affairs. It's a cliche, but it really is
> Orwellian.

And you really are a colossal dumbfuck. You have never spent any time in academia beyond the time you wasted in struggling to attain enough passing grades to earn an associate degree at some pedestrian junior college. The fact that you still feel bad about how inferior you felt in that process is not really relevant here.

Despite the right-wing trash that you have rather obviously been swallowed up by, academia at any credible institution is a playground for every political point of view so long as a reliance upon fact and reason is maintained. That is where so many simple ideologues come up short, often then trying to blame the institution for what are quite clearly their own personal failures.

Posted by: They can't defend their position ()
Date: September 15, 2018 03:03PM

World of dumb... Wrote:
> The truth. is illegal Wrote:
> -----
> > Politics have completely infected academia. It
> > began with the pseudosciences ("social
> sciences"),
> > but now even the STEM sciences are thoroughly
> > cucked. It's a truly frightening state of
> > affairs. It's a cliche, but it really is
> > Orwellian.
>
> And you really are a colossal dumbfuck. You have
> never spent any time in academia beyond the time
> you wasted in struggling to attain enough passing
> grades to earn an associate degree at some
> pedestrian junior college. The fact that you
> still feel bad about how inferior you felt in that
> process is not really relevant here.
>
> Despite the right-wing trash that you have rather
> obviously been swallowed up by, academia at any
> credible institution is a playground for every
> political point of view so long as a reliance upon
> fact and reason is maintained. That is where so
> many simple ideologues come up short, often then
> trying to blame the institution for what are quite
> clearly their own personal failures.

Two paragraphs of name-calling, zero rebuttals. Typical progressive - your arguments are fallacies, so all you have left is vitriolic name-calling. You lost the argument in the first sentence.

Posted by: Grade School Grammar ()
Date: September 15, 2018 03:05PM

World of dumb... Wrote:
> The truth. is illegal Wrote:
> -----
> > Politics have completely infected academia. It
> > began with the pseudosciences ("social
> sciences"),
> > but now even the STEM sciences are thoroughly
> > cucked. It's a truly frightening state of
> > affairs. It's a cliche, but it really is
> > Orwellian.

> The fact that you
> still feel bad about how inferior you felt in that
> process is not really relevant here.

Also, don't end your sentences with a preposition; I thought you would have learned that at your Ivy League alma mater.

Posted by: Greybeard ()
Date: September 16, 2018 12:14AM

Kids, kids...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2018 12:14AM by Greybeard.

Posted by: Doug Tracht ()
Date: September 16, 2018 01:48AM

Anyone who ends sentences with a preposition is a certifiable glum cunt.

Date: September 16, 2018 10:37AM

Grade School Grammar Wrote:
> Also, don't end your sentences with a preposition;
> I thought you would have learned that at your Ivy
> League alma mater.

This is the type of errant pedantry up with which I will not put.

In other words, your grammar skills are barely those of a precocious toddler.

Posted by: More name calling ()
Date: September 16, 2018 01:53PM

World of dumb... Wrote:
> Grade School Grammar Wrote:
> -----
> > Also, don't end your sentences with a
> preposition;
> > I thought you would have learned that at your
> Ivy
> > League alma mater.
>
> This is the type of errant pedantry up with which
> I will not put.
>
> In other words, your grammar skills are barely
> those of a precocious toddler.

Yeah, if pointing out basic grade school grammar is being "pedantic," then I guess I'm guilty.

Again, more name-calling, no cogent, rational rebuttal. Why can't you progressives ever make an argument above a second grade level that doesn't appeal to emotion or result in personal, ad hominem insults? Do you ever wonder, "hmmm...the only thing I can do is call people puerile names - does that mean my positions are fallacious?" Or is your programming so thorough that cognitive dissonance simply will not allow introspection to creep into your world view?

Date: September 16, 2018 02:07PM

Your failed and feeble attempts to play Grammar Police have — for very good reason — earned you nothing but condemnation here. When it comes to academia, it is plain that you are a dilettante who has wandered in quite a long way over his head.

Date: September 16, 2018 09:47PM

There is actually no rule about ending sentences with a preposition. That's an outdated attempt to apply Latin grammatical rules to English--which, you may have noticed, is not Latin.

Old joke:
A Texan is visiting a friend at Harvard, and they agree to meet at the library. He's a bit lost, so he stops a passing student. Texan: "'Scuse me, could you tell me where the library's at?"
Student: "Around here, we don't end our sentences with prepositions."
Texan: "All right, could you tell me where the library's at, asshole?"

Meanwhile, whoever the poster is who thinks making fun of demotic speech is pretty well making it clear that he's a moron of the highest order. Hint: different styles are appropriate for different venues. FFU is hardly formal writing; using colloquialisms is entirely appropriate. And hardly indicative of race.

Posted by: You failed grade school grammar ()
Date: September 16, 2018 10:04PM

Morons abound Wrote:
> There is actually no rule about ending sentences
> with a preposition. That's an outdated attempt to
> apply Latin grammatical rules to English--which,
> you may have noticed, is not Latin.
>
> Old joke:
> A Texan is visiting a friend at Harvard, and they
> agree to meet at the library. He's a bit lost, so
> he stops a passing student. Texan: "'Scuse me,
> could you tell me where the library's at?"
> Student: "Around here, we don't end our sentences
> with prepositions."
> Texan: "All right, could you tell me where the
> library's at, asshole?"
>
> Meanwhile, whoever the poster is who thinks making
> fun of demotic speech is pretty well making it
> clear that he's a moron of the highest order.
> Hint: different styles are appropriate for
> different venues. FFU is hardly formal writing;
> using colloquialisms is entirely appropriate. And
> hardly indicative of race.

You're a buffoon:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preposition_stranding

In formal English, which is to say English written and spoken as it should be by people with an IQ above room temperature and a quality eduction, sentences should never be ended with a preposition. If you're a typical buffoon with less than a grade school understanding of the language (you), then sure, go ahead and end your sentences with prepositions. The intelligent ones among us will quietly chuckle to ourselves and judge you the idiot you are.

"Morons Abound" because you are one, and therefore you are always in the presence of one.

Date: September 17, 2018 10:53PM

You failed grade school grammar Wrote:
> You're a buffoon:
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preposition_strandin
> g

You didn't even read the page you cite, dipshit! Here's the trenchant section:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preposition_stranding#Opinions_for_and_against

If you need help with any of the big words, don't be afraid to ask.

> In formal English, which is to say English written
> and spoken as it should be by people with an IQ
> above room temperature and a quality eduction,
> sentences should never be ended with a
> preposition. If you're a typical buffoon with
> less than a grade school understanding of the
> language (you), then sure, go ahead and end your
> sentences with prepositions. The intelligent ones
> among us will quietly chuckle to ourselves and
> judge you the idiot you are.

What you're describing is "Standard English", which (to the extent that it exists) is more or less as you describe, albeit without the pejoratives. And certainly not relevant to a "quality eduction", whatever TF that is.

As for the rest of your blathering, you're just making the hole deeper, son. Time to quit digging!

> "Morons Abound" because you are one, and therefore
> you are always in the presence of one.

Posted by: It's all so tiresome. ()
Date: September 18, 2018 01:07AM

Morons abound Wrote:
> You failed grade school grammar Wrote:
> -----
> > You're a buffoon:
> >
> >
>
> > g
>
> You didn't even read the page you cite, dipshit!
> Here's the trenchant section:
> g#Opinions_for_and_against
>
> If you need help with any of the big words, don't
> be afraid to ask.
>
> > In formal English, which is to say English
> written
> > and spoken as it should be by people with an IQ
> > above room temperature and a quality eduction,
> > sentences should never be ended with a
> > preposition. If you're a typical buffoon with
> > less than a grade school understanding of the
> > language (you), then sure, go ahead and end
> your
> > sentences with prepositions. The intelligent
> ones
> > among us will quietly chuckle to ourselves and
> > judge you the idiot you are.
>
> What you're describing is "Standard English",
> which (to the extent that it exists) is more or
> less as you describe, albeit without the
> pejoratives. And certainly not relevant to a
> "quality eduction", whatever TF that is.
>
> As for the rest of your blathering, you're just
> making the hole deeper, son. Time to quit
> digging!
>
> > "Morons Abound" because you are one, and
> therefore
> > you are always in the presence of one.

A quality education is one that teaches basic grammar; apparently you didn't receive one. And standard English exists - you must not work in a field where it's required (which explains why you'd end a sentence with a preposition), but there are plenty that do.

You can write whatever you like, but you're the one in the hole, losing the argument. By all means, continue to expose your ignorance for all to see; I'm sure it's something you do regularly in your real life.

Date: September 18, 2018 11:31AM

Writers equally with poets are artists who have license to use as they will the devices at their disposal so as to effect the outcomes that they desire. It is the task of readers to process those outcomes, not to say that they should have been arrived at differently.

Churchill's well-taken stand in dismissal of prepositional pedantry would be paralleled by attitudes toward those criticizing the punctuation habits of e e cummings.

Date: September 18, 2018 08:39PM

World of dumb... Wrote:
> Writers equally with poets are artists who have
> license to use as they will the devices at their
> disposal so as to effect the outcomes that they
> desire. It is the task of readers to process
> those outcomes, not to say that they should have
> been arrived at differently.
>
> Churchill's well-taken stand in dismissal of
> prepositional pedantry would be paralleled by
> attitudes toward those criticizing the punctuation
> habits of e e cummings.

Well put. Although, I'm sure, far too erudite for the majority of the kids here.

Posted by: You're the moron that abounds ()
Date: September 18, 2018 10:53PM

Morons abound Wrote:
> World of dumb... Wrote:
> -----
> > Writers equally with poets are artists who have
> > license to use as they will the devices at
> their
> > disposal so as to effect the outcomes that they
> > desire. It is the task of readers to process
> > those outcomes, not to say that they should
> have
> > been arrived at differently.
> >
> > Churchill's well-taken stand in dismissal of
> > prepositional pedantry would be paralleled by
> > attitudes toward those criticizing the
> punctuation
> > habits of e e cummings.
>
> Well put. Although, I'm sure, far too erudite for
> the majority of the kids here.

Yes, you're so erudite that you end sentences with prepositions, just like a common benighted idiot.

Posted by: Here's my rhyme ()
Date: September 18, 2018 11:06PM

World of dumb... Wrote:
> Writers equally with poets are artists who have
> license to use as they will the devices at their
> disposal so as to effect the outcomes that they
> desire. It is the task of readers to process
> those outcomes, not to say that they should have
> been arrived at differently.
>
> Churchill's well-taken stand in dismissal of
> prepositional pedantry would be paralleled by
> attitudes toward those criticizing the punctuation
> habits of e e cummings.

You're so full of shit you old fuck. lmao

Posted by: MNDXH ()
Date: September 19, 2018 01:08AM

Dr. Beaker Wrote:

> LOL! What you are is a fucking fraud. P-values
> are not 'assigned' by a researcher. They are a
> derived property of the data being studied. Not
> everyone here is as dumb as you might have assumed.

No, it is not derived from the data; it's derived from the analysis
of the data -- how the methodology "assigned" the data, what statistics
is ALL ABOUT. I'm just saying: garbage in, garbage out. The statistical
assumptions and main premise of the study was most likely bullshit,
the data selection was probably bullshit, the methodology and perhaps
even the actual computation was probably bullshit, and that's based
on the interpretation -- which we know it bullshit.

Date: September 19, 2018 09:29PM

You're the moron that abounds Wrote:
> Yes, you're so erudite that you end sentences with
> prepositions, just like a common benighted idiot.

You've grown tiresome, little boy. Go away now.

Posted by: Might as well say, "You win" ()
Date: September 20, 2018 01:23AM

Morons abound Wrote:
> You're the moron that abounds Wrote:
> -----
> > Yes, you're so erudite that you end sentences
> with
> > prepositions, just like a common benighted
> idiot.
>
> You've grown tiresome, little boy. Go away now.

Translation: I'm wrong, I can't win this argument, so I'll call you some names and take the high-road troll.

Keep ending those sentences in prepositions - I'm sure your buddies at the DMV or whichever State-level, client-facing administration you work for don't mind or know better anyway.

Posted by: Unit 8 ()
Date: September 20, 2018 04:54AM

Everyone knows it takes 100 pr's to equal one human. So the low number sounds right.

Posted by: Dr. Beaker ()
Date: September 21, 2018 10:08AM

MNDXH Wrote:
> No, it is not derived from the data; it's derived
> from the analysis of the data -- how the methodology
> "assigned" the data, what statistics is ALL ABOUT.

You know NOTHING of statistics, you babbling bullshitter. You can't even google it correctly. If you could have, you might have stumbled upon the fact that a P-value is a test statistic, and that test statistics are the output of a scalar function of ALL the observations made. These statistics provide a single number, such as the average or the correlation coefficient, that summarizes the characteristics of a body of data in a way that is relevant to the particular inquiry being cinsidered.

> I'm just saying: garbage in, garbage out.

That much is certainly true, but was never at issue. The rest of your waste-of-space commentary has been nothing but uninformed baby talk.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.