HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
This is a perfect example of a horrible layout millennial designed website. Just awful.
Posted by: tkx6v ()
Date: September 04, 2018 06:22AM

http://www.ballstonquarter.com/

Who in the hell gave this layout the green light?

Their boss should fire them.

My AOL homepage 20 years ago was better than this.

FAIL. FAIL. FAIL.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: This is a perfect example of a horrible layout millennial designed website. Just awful.
Posted by: thtne ()
Date: September 04, 2018 07:32AM

As you scroll down the homepage it just gets worse and worse and worse.

Re: This is a perfect example of a horrible layout millennial designed website. Just awful.
Posted by: Millennials = SHIT ()
Date: September 04, 2018 07:55AM

Millennials are the worst employees at almost every workplace.

Posted by: Somebody's butt hurts ()
Date: September 04, 2018 08:02AM

All of tye posts above are assfuck stupid.

Posted by: 4kyb6 ()
Date: September 04, 2018 08:09AM

Somebody's butt hurts Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> All of tye posts above are assfuck stupid.

Not as stupid as that website's design.

Posted by: kknww ()
Date: September 04, 2018 01:16PM

Yet another site designed entirely for mobile use by people with about a 7 second attention span. High on presentation, images, effects, and resources. Slow as a result. Very little content. Probably made with Mobirise or similar site tool by someone with zero web design or coding experience.

Posted by: wxt4c ()
Date: September 04, 2018 01:26PM

kknww Wrote:
> Yet another site designed entirely for mobile use
> by people with about a 7 second attention span.
> High on presentation, images, effects, and
> resources. Slow as a result. Very little
> content. Probably made with Mobirise or similar
> site tool by someone with zero web design or
> coding experience.

I know right. lol

How in the fuck do they get hired in the first place?

The reopening of Ballston is somewhat of a big deal locally but that website just sucks.

Posted by: YEWX6 ()
Date: September 04, 2018 01:38PM

Nice way to advertise Ballston Quarter and get people to click on the website.

Posted by: cjhke ()
Date: September 04, 2018 02:01PM

YEWX6 Wrote:
> Nice way to advertise Ballston Quarter and get
> people to click on the website.

They do not need our help to get the word out.

Posted by: Eyes Glaze Over ()
Date: September 04, 2018 10:23PM

I’ve had the ‘opportunity’ to work with numerous millennials. They consistently zone out after about 5 minutes, no matter what the issue at work is. They CANNOT stay off the f-ing Smartphone for more than 5 minutes . They don’t understand the concept that there is a boss in the building (the owner of the company/the dude who signs their paychecks) who gets to call the shots.

I’m glad that I recently retired and don’t have to navigate that minefield any longer. It was very frustrating.

And yes, the website listed above is annoying and doesn’t appeal to me.

Posted by: Definition of Millenniums ()
Date: September 04, 2018 11:28PM

So take a bunch of other that never really did anything.
Put them into some parasitic government job.
Suddenly they think that they know something.
If they are fractionally black ,they suddenly they're super intelligent.
Shitbirds like Barry Soterofit this profi
Life perfectly. Add a super large dose of white guilt and a pussy that never led anything is all of a sudden a super leader.
The fact that so many Chimpanzees fell for this represents the same sort of so called intelligence. That elected Trump.
Battle on Chimps.

Posted by: u66xl ()
Date: September 05, 2018 06:19AM

Definition of Millenniums Wrote:
> So take a bunch of other that never really did
> anything.
> Put them into some parasitic government job.
> Suddenly they think that they know something.
> If they are fractionally black ,they suddenly
> they're super intelligent.
> Shitbirds like Barry Soterofit this profi
> Life perfectly. Add a super large dose of white
> guilt and a pussy that never led anything is all
> of a sudden a super leader.
> The fact that so many Chimpanzees fell for this
> represents the same sort of so called
> intelligence. That elected Trump.
> Battle on Chimps.

Huh?

Posted by: Boomers ()
Date: September 05, 2018 09:06AM

This wasn't designed by a millennial. It was designed by an Indian from upwork. You fucking boomers are too cheap to hire American designers. This is a fact.

Posted by: JamesKeiger ()
Date: November 23, 2018 11:09AM

Oh, what a horrible design. If you need really good result I can recommend you my friends from AssignCode.com who make really high quality product and will make much more better than your website.

Posted by: Brown Onion ()
Date: November 23, 2018 11:26AM

Even the worthless iguana eater I throw a few measly dollars to for plumbing and lawn work is better than this generation of young people.

Posted by: Fortnite ()
Date: November 23, 2018 01:50PM

It's crap but not too bad. 4/10

Honestly, though: The absolute worst web designs are the mobile-oriented ones that are lazily the same across every device including desktops. I sincerely lament how they shove everything under one menu, hindering convenience and use of space. Not to mention, rounded search bars look horrible outside of mobile operating systems. Why would millennials let that happen? Do they not even acknowledge the existence of PCs anymore?

Posted by: Greybeard ()
Date: November 23, 2018 08:30PM

Fortnite Wrote:
> It's crap but not too bad. 4/10
>
> Honestly, though: The absolute worst web designs
> are the mobile-oriented ones that are lazily the
> same across every device including desktops. I
> sincerely lament how they shove everything under
> one menu, hindering convenience and use of space.
> Not to mention, rounded search bars look horrible
> outside of mobile operating systems. Why would
> millennials let that happen? Do they not even
> acknowledge the existence of PCs anymore?

This. And don't forget graphic design that hides links, so navigation consists of randomly moving the cursor around clicking like mad.

Mobile-oriented sites are allegedly called "responsive design", which is pretty clearly an aspirational term, rather than a meaningful one.

Posted by: Tim Berners-Lee ()
Date: November 25, 2018 11:37AM

The site looked and worked fine for me. No plans to go or shop there. And I didn't like the giggly bitch at the top, But as a 'Comming Attracrins', 'Grand Re-Opening' sort of banner, the site seemed A-OK to me. And, yes -- I used to teach web design.

By the way, those who try to classify people by generation are sorely missing the boat.

Posted by: Just sayin'... ()
Date: November 27, 2018 08:29AM

Tim Berners-Lee Wrote:
> By the way, those who try to classify people by
> generation are sorely missing the boat.

There are plenty of mediocre web designs out there. No big deal. But the above makes all the sense in the world. You have to be really, really dumb to try to beat up on people for their generation. The whole notion is just plain stupid.

Posted by: Fuckface ()
Date: November 28, 2018 06:57PM

Same dickface posted the first three posts, the posts 5-7 just to keep his lame-ass thread alive. Probably some disgruntled old man getting passed over by the new, hot talent.

Posted by: mtu4e ()
Date: November 28, 2018 08:57PM

Tim Berners-Lee Wrote:
> The site looked and worked fine for me. No plans
> to go or shop there. And I didn't like the giggly
> bitch at the top, But as a 'Comming Attracrins',
> 'Grand Re-Opening' sort of banner, the site seemed
> A-OK to me. And, yes -- I used to teach web
> design.
>
> By the way, those who try to classify people by
> generation are sorely missing the boat.

It works better now than it did back in September when this thread was first posted.

Posted by: DanielLee5 ()
Date: December 03, 2018 02:29AM

I saw dozens rather successful from the point of view of traffic websites, and their design was simply terrible. Content is everything and quality seo campaigns, I would even say link building (I order some at https://linklifting.com/ , for example).

Posted by: Coonlyfe ()
Date: December 03, 2018 02:45AM

That nappy headed nignog at the top ruins everything.

Posted by: DarkSun ()
Date: January 28, 2019 03:06PM

With the design of web pages you need to be neat at all. Here, for example, very much can be learned from these guys https://gapsystudio.com/ They are engaged in web design, design of mobile applications, creating illustrations and many more useful and beautiful things. I think they can help you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2019 02:41AM by DarkSun.

Posted by: b4gnb ()
Date: January 28, 2019 04:09PM

DarkSun Wrote:
> With the design of web pages you need to be neat
> at all)

It works better now than it did back in September when this thread was first posted.

Posted by: Overreaction Monday ()
Date: January 28, 2019 04:35PM

Is the site great? No. It’s clearly designed with mobile devices in mind, but it really isn’t that bad. I doubt there will be much of any traffic generated on the site for a mid level “mall” website. When was the last time you visited Tyson’s website or Potomac mills?

Posted by: Dumb is dumb ()
Date: January 28, 2019 04:35PM

This thread was a horrible mistake from the get-go.

Posted by: I can't wait ()
Date: January 28, 2019 06:36PM

to see the "freshest new shops" at Ballston. There are companies with 10 times the resources than a mall with far worse web sites. Having said that, this site does not make me want to shop there, and it should.

Posted by: Narray ()
Date: March 12, 2019 11:29AM

The most important thing in the site is the interface and adaptability. Unfortunately today many programmers do low-quality work. Because of that, clients receive bad websites. But also a very important point is the testing of the finished product. Any big company will test the website before offering it to its client. If you have a small web design company I advise you to use third-party companies such as DeviQA (https://www.deviqa.com/services/automation-testing-services/) in order to test the products before you sell it to the customer.

Posted by: Narray ()
Date: March 12, 2019 11:30AM

The most important thing in the site is the interface and adaptability. Unfortunately today many programmers do low-quality work. Because of that, clients receive bad websites. But also a very important point is the testing of the finished product. Any big company will test the website before offering it to its client. If you have a small web design company I advise you to use third-party companies such as DeviQA (https://www.deviqa.com/services/automation-testing-services/) in order to test the products before you sell it to the customer.

Date: March 12, 2019 11:35AM

HOLY SHIT, RICKIES. AT LEAST THEY DON'T USE THE HURTING BLINK TAG, AMIRITE?

Posted by: A Whole Lot Of Stupid ()
Date: March 13, 2019 12:21AM

I can live with the site design, but the content is just awful. Starting with the the bimbo sucking up real estate on the main page. And then there’s the text...

“A whole lot of new is just around the corner. The fun is unfolding now. Ballston Quarter is a new destination that will crush boredom. It’s where the freshest shopping, blah, blah, blah...”

This is just embarrassing. I assume that their desired demographic is 20 somethings, but they can kiss off anyone over thirty. Not that they care. And it’s Ballston, for God’s sake. Nothing exciting has or will ever happen in Ballston.

Posted by: Early morning TV ()
Date: March 13, 2019 06:50AM

Now watching WDVM channel 531 on Verizon FIOS. Phone number (908) 485-9964.

This is some fucked shit, man.

It's in Spanish. Translation?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.