HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
This is a perfect example of a horrible layout millennial designed website. Just awful.
Posted by: tkx6v ()
Date: September 04, 2018 06:22AM

http://www.ballstonquarter.com/

Who in the hell gave this layout the green light?

Their boss should fire them.

My AOL homepage 20 years ago was better than this.

FAIL. FAIL. FAIL.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: This is a perfect example of a horrible layout millennial designed website. Just awful.
Posted by: thtne ()
Date: September 04, 2018 07:32AM

As you scroll down the homepage it just gets worse and worse and worse.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: This is a perfect example of a horrible layout millennial designed website. Just awful.
Posted by: Millennials = SHIT ()
Date: September 04, 2018 07:55AM

Millennials are the worst employees at almost every workplace.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: This is a perfect example of a horrible layout millennial designed website. Just awful.
Posted by: Somebody's butt hurts ()
Date: September 04, 2018 08:02AM

All of tye posts above are assfuck stupid.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: This is a perfect example of a horrible layout millennial designed website. Just awful.
Posted by: 4kyb6 ()
Date: September 04, 2018 08:09AM

Somebody's butt hurts Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> All of tye posts above are assfuck stupid.

Not as stupid as that website's design.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: This is a perfect example of a horrible layout millennial designed website. Just awful.
Posted by: kknww ()
Date: September 04, 2018 01:16PM

Yet another site designed entirely for mobile use by people with about a 7 second attention span. High on presentation, images, effects, and resources. Slow as a result. Very little content. Probably made with Mobirise or similar site tool by someone with zero web design or coding experience.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: This is a perfect example of a horrible layout millennial designed website. Just awful.
Posted by: wxt4c ()
Date: September 04, 2018 01:26PM

kknww Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yet another site designed entirely for mobile use
> by people with about a 7 second attention span.
> High on presentation, images, effects, and
> resources. Slow as a result. Very little
> content. Probably made with Mobirise or similar
> site tool by someone with zero web design or
> coding experience.

I know right. lol

How in the fuck do they get hired in the first place?

The reopening of Ballston is somewhat of a big deal locally but that website just sucks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: This is a perfect example of a horrible layout millennial designed website. Just awful.
Posted by: YEWX6 ()
Date: September 04, 2018 01:38PM

Nice way to advertise Ballston Quarter and get people to click on the website.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: This is a perfect example of a horrible layout millennial designed website. Just awful.
Posted by: cjhke ()
Date: September 04, 2018 02:01PM

YEWX6 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice way to advertise Ballston Quarter and get
> people to click on the website.

They do not need our help to get the word out.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: This is a perfect example of a horrible layout millennial designed website. Just awful.
Posted by: Eyes Glaze Over ()
Date: September 04, 2018 10:23PM

I’ve had the ‘opportunity’ to work with numerous millennials. They consistently zone out after about 5 minutes, no matter what the issue at work is. They CANNOT stay off the f-ing Smartphone for more than 5 minutes . They don’t understand the concept that there is a boss in the building (the owner of the company/the dude who signs their paychecks) who gets to call the shots.

I’m glad that I recently retired and don’t have to navigate that minefield any longer. It was very frustrating.

And yes, the website listed above is annoying and doesn’t appeal to me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: This is a perfect example of a horrible layout millennial designed website. Just awful.
Posted by: Definition of Millenniums ()
Date: September 04, 2018 11:28PM

So take a bunch of other that never really did anything.
Put them into some parasitic government job.
Suddenly they think that they know something.
If they are fractionally black ,they suddenly they're super intelligent.
Shitbirds like Barry Soterofit this profi
Life perfectly. Add a super large dose of white guilt and a pussy that never led anything is all of a sudden a super leader.
The fact that so many Chimpanzees fell for this represents the same sort of so called intelligence. That elected Trump.
Battle on Chimps.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: This is a perfect example of a horrible layout millennial designed website. Just awful.
Posted by: u66xl ()
Date: September 05, 2018 06:19AM

Definition of Millenniums Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So take a bunch of other that never really did
> anything.
> Put them into some parasitic government job.
> Suddenly they think that they know something.
> If they are fractionally black ,they suddenly
> they're super intelligent.
> Shitbirds like Barry Soterofit this profi
> Life perfectly. Add a super large dose of white
> guilt and a pussy that never led anything is all
> of a sudden a super leader.
> The fact that so many Chimpanzees fell for this
> represents the same sort of so called
> intelligence. That elected Trump.
> Battle on Chimps.

Huh?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: This is a perfect example of a horrible layout millennial designed website. Just awful.
Posted by: Boomers ()
Date: September 05, 2018 09:06AM

This wasn't designed by a millennial. It was designed by an Indian from upwork. You fucking boomers are too cheap to hire American designers. This is a fact.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: This is a perfect example of a horrible layout millennial designed website. Just awful.
Posted by: JamesKeiger ()
Date: November 23, 2018 11:09AM

Oh, what a horrible design. If you need really good result I can recommend you my friends from AssignCode.com who make really high quality product and will make much more better than your website.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: This is a perfect example of a horrible layout millennial designed website. Just awful.
Posted by: Brown Onion ()
Date: November 23, 2018 11:26AM

Even the worthless iguana eater I throw a few measly dollars to for plumbing and lawn work is better than this generation of young people.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: This is a perfect example of a horrible layout millennial designed website. Just awful.
Posted by: Fortnite ()
Date: November 23, 2018 01:50PM

It's crap but not too bad. 4/10

Honestly, though: The absolute worst web designs are the mobile-oriented ones that are lazily the same across every device including desktops. I sincerely lament how they shove everything under one menu, hindering convenience and use of space. Not to mention, rounded search bars look horrible outside of mobile operating systems. Why would millennials let that happen? Do they not even acknowledge the existence of PCs anymore?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: This is a perfect example of a horrible layout millennial designed website. Just awful.
Posted by: Greybeard ()
Date: November 23, 2018 08:30PM

Fortnite Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's crap but not too bad. 4/10
>
> Honestly, though: The absolute worst web designs
> are the mobile-oriented ones that are lazily the
> same across every device including desktops. I
> sincerely lament how they shove everything under
> one menu, hindering convenience and use of space.
> Not to mention, rounded search bars look horrible
> outside of mobile operating systems. Why would
> millennials let that happen? Do they not even
> acknowledge the existence of PCs anymore?

This. And don't forget graphic design that hides links, so navigation consists of randomly moving the cursor around clicking like mad.

Mobile-oriented sites are allegedly called "responsive design", which is pretty clearly an aspirational term, rather than a meaningful one.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: This is a perfect example of a horrible layout millennial designed website. Just awful.
Posted by: Tim Berners-Lee ()
Date: November 25, 2018 11:37AM

The site looked and worked fine for me. No plans to go or shop there. And I didn't like the giggly bitch at the top, But as a 'Comming Attracrins', 'Grand Re-Opening' sort of banner, the site seemed A-OK to me. And, yes -- I used to teach web design.

By the way, those who try to classify people by generation are sorely missing the boat.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: This is a perfect example of a horrible layout millennial designed website. Just awful.
Posted by: Just sayin'... ()
Date: November 27, 2018 08:29AM

Tim Berners-Lee Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> By the way, those who try to classify people by
> generation are sorely missing the boat.

There are plenty of mediocre web designs out there. No big deal. But the above makes all the sense in the world. You have to be really, really dumb to try to beat up on people for their generation. The whole notion is just plain stupid.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: This is a perfect example of a horrible layout millennial designed website. Just awful.
Posted by: Fuckface ()
Date: November 28, 2018 06:57PM

Same dickface posted the first three posts, the posts 5-7 just to keep his lame-ass thread alive. Probably some disgruntled old man getting passed over by the new, hot talent.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: This is a perfect example of a horrible layout millennial designed website. Just awful.
Posted by: mtu4e ()
Date: November 28, 2018 08:57PM

Tim Berners-Lee Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The site looked and worked fine for me. No plans
> to go or shop there. And I didn't like the giggly
> bitch at the top, But as a 'Comming Attracrins',
> 'Grand Re-Opening' sort of banner, the site seemed
> A-OK to me. And, yes -- I used to teach web
> design.
>
> By the way, those who try to classify people by
> generation are sorely missing the boat.

It works better now than it did back in September when this thread was first posted.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: This is a perfect example of a horrible layout millennial designed website. Just awful.
Posted by: DanielLee5 ()
Date: December 03, 2018 02:29AM

I saw dozens rather successful from the point of view of traffic websites, and their design was simply terrible. Content is everything and quality seo campaigns, I would even say link building (I order some at https://linklifting.com/ , for example).

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: This is a perfect example of a horrible layout millennial designed website. Just awful.
Posted by: Coonlyfe ()
Date: December 03, 2018 02:45AM

That nappy headed nignog at the top ruins everything.

Options: ReplyQuote


Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
 **     **  **          *******    *******   **     ** 
 **     **  **    **   **     **  **     **  **     ** 
 **     **  **    **   **         **         **     ** 
 **     **  **    **   ********   ********   **     ** 
 **     **  *********  **     **  **     **   **   **  
 **     **        **   **     **  **     **    ** **   
  *******         **    *******    *******      ***    
This forum powered by Phorum.