HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Primerica SCAM
Posted by: Squidzz ()
Date: January 18, 2010 07:56PM

So, Ive been approached and recruited 3 different times in the last year by complete strangers for this "Amazing business opportunity" with PRIMERICA.

I have also received a phone call by some guy named Ray who promised me a management position at his new PRIMERICA branch in Tyson's.

They say Primerica is some sort of conglomerate with CitiGroup and offers only the best financial services. and you can get a slice of the pie, all it takes is for you to attend an orientation and pay $99 for brokerage licensing.....

They prey on college students, promising them management positions and all sorts of other great stuff a graduate would be looking for.

Bottom line..Its a pyramid scheme, and a complete waste of time. Beware of these companies as they seem to be rampant in this area. It is called Integrated Marketing Schemes and Primerica is only one of the many "companies" that do this.

Has anyone else been approached with similar offers like this in Fairfax??

Plz share your story!

Here is a link of similar stories from people around the country..
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/employment/primerica.html

Educate yourself, research these schemes online so you dont become a victim!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Primerica SCAM
Posted by: ffxlife ()
Date: January 18, 2010 10:26PM

About a year ago I was approached outside of a store by a man who was actually quite friendly. He asked me if I was looking for a better job than I currently have. I asked him what indicates what I do for a living. He said what he has to offer beats any job, so out of curiosity I listened.

He described Primerica. I had heard of this company, but never really knew much about it, so figured that when he offered a evening meeting at his office to discuss the company and prospects, I'd accept and did so.

A few days later I arrived at a new office for Primerica in the area. Only this man, an admin and one other man were there, the other two went about their business while this man ushered me in to an office where we sat opposing each other. He had a friendly and smooth delivery that painted Primerica for its stated goals and pushed the link to CitiGroup. He described it as a means to help others receive services normally out of reach of many people. Seemed noble enough. He later described a structure to the office hierarchy. I recognized it as an MLM, a close relative of a pyramid scheme. The difference being an MLM is legal as its not 'exactly' a pyramid.

Anyway, when he started talking upfront fees to be employed there due to licensing needs, I sighed. I had actually been quite bored for a while and was just looking for a graceful exit. Finally that time came and we parted with a tentative second meeting. I promised to call.

That night I googled and specifically searched news stories and finance papers, with a little digression into opinion boards. As I read it, Primerica was an asset to Citi and was up for being sold, spun off or even liquidated. Not good news for employees, I thought.

So I called this man the next day and thanked him for taking time to discuss his company, but warned him of what I had discovered abotu his comapny and suggested he might look for an alternate source of income himself. I was quite content with my job as it was and it did not beat it.

Although I can't say nasty things about the company or people, I can say it was certainly not the best way to succeed in business. Money isn't free and making off the backs of others is ill-conceived to me.

Posted by: Lurker. ()
Date: January 18, 2010 11:34PM

Years ago some girl I knew tried to get me into a company that was selling water filters from an office in Tyson's corner with no name on the office.

I think it was the same building as the Olive Garden restaurant(Rt7 and Gallows). Primerica looks exactly like the same deal, but new twist. The water filter deal was I would buy 10 filters for X dollars then resell them to people I got into the scheme at double the price. As long as people under me kept bringing others in I would continue to make money off sales to those under me.

There were probably about 20 people in the evening meeting who had others under them in the scheme. As soon as I saw the structure I noticed it as nothing more than a pyramid scheme with a product thrown in. The girl even brought over the head guy to try and sell me on the scheme. The minute I said pyramid scheme to the lead guy he went into a denial defense phase.

Be careful of any business in Tysons that doesn't have their name on the door or the main profit is from bringing in other "employees."

Date: January 19, 2010 09:43AM

While living in San Francisco, I invested the family savings in Ostelo National bone-density scanners, an apparatus twice as expensive as x-rays with practically the same resolution. The white elephant financially broke my family, bringing troubles to the relationship with my wife, who left me and moved to New York. Without money and wife, but totally committed to my son Christopher, I saw the chance to fight for a stockbroker internship position at Dean Witter. However, since the internship was unpaid, I had to live on the streets with my son for six months.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Posted by: Elle Diabla ()
Date: January 19, 2010 09:44AM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> While living in San Francisco, I invested the
> family savings in Ostelo National bone-density
> scanners, an apparatus twice as expensive as
> x-rays with practically the same resolution. The
> white elephant financially broke my family,
> bringing troubles to the relationship with my
> wife, who left me and moved to New York. Without
> money and wife, but totally committed to my son
> Christopher, I saw the chance to fight for a
> stockbroker internship position at Dean Witter.
> However, since the internship was unpaid, I had to
> live on the streets with my son for six months.

That's tough man. Did you sleep in a public bathroom, too?

Posted by: Lurker. ()
Date: January 19, 2010 09:57AM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
> While living in San Francisco, I invested the
> family savings in Ostelo National bone-density
> scanners, an apparatus twice as expensive as
> x-rays with practically the same resolution. The
> white elephant financially broke my family,
> bringing troubles to the relationship with my
> wife, who left me and moved to New York. Without
> money and wife, but totally committed to my son
> Christopher, I saw the chance to fight for a
> stockbroker internship position at Dean Witter.
> However, since the internship was unpaid, I had to
> live on the streets with my son for six months.

Write it all down, sounds like a good movie.

Did you also get kicked out of your apartment and thrown in jail right before your job interview at Dean Witter?

Date: January 19, 2010 09:57AM

Elle Diabla Wrote:

> Without
> > money and wife, but totally committed to my son
> > Christopher, I saw the chance to fight for a
> > stockbroker internship position at Dean Witter.
> > However, since the internship was unpaid, I had
> to
> > live on the streets with my son for six months.
>
> That's tough man. Did you sleep in a public
> bathroom, too?

Yes. On paper towels in a BART station. I cried, too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by: More Complete ()
Date: January 19, 2010 10:05AM

The Primerica folks called me back in 2002 or so when my resume was on Monster. After they told me I was to attend a "seminar" at a hotel I knew it was BS. Told them to go to hell.

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: January 19, 2010 10:57AM

We have a thread on this here, perhaps there is more info.

http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/2/117318.html

Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: January 19, 2010 12:38PM

Lurker. Wrote:
> Years ago some girl I knew tried to get me into a
> company that was selling water filters from an
> office in Tyson's corner with no name on the
> office.
>
> I think it was the same building as the Olive
> Garden restaurant(Rt7 and Gallows). Primerica
> looks exactly like the same deal, but new twist.
> The water filter deal was I would buy 10 filters
> for X dollars then resell them to people I got
> into the scheme at double the price. As long as
> people under me kept bringing others in I would
> continue to make money off sales to those under
> me.
>
> There were probably about 20 people in the evening
> meeting who had others under them in the scheme.
> As soon as I saw the structure I noticed it as
> nothing more than a pyramid scheme with a product
> thrown in. The girl even brought over the head
> guy to try and sell me on the scheme. The minute
> I said pyramid scheme to the lead guy he went into
> a denial defense phase.
>
> Be careful of any business in Tysons that doesn't
> have their name on the door or the main profit is
> from bringing in other "employees."

That shit is still around??? Back when I graduated college and looking for a job, I was approached about getting into the "environmental field" because my "degree was perfectly suited" for it. I went to an "interview" in some small detached office building just outside of Sterling at the Rt.28/Rt.7 intersection. There's some bar in the complex..I forget the name. I was in there with about 20 other young people and the "environmental" job was selling water filters.

About 30 minutes into it, I got up to use the restroom and left. It's a pyramid, just like Amway (or Quixtar) - and don't get me started on that.

Date: January 19, 2010 04:39PM

I'm twenty and a guy approaches me and said look I work for _______ company(cant remember name) we sell items and we get paid for buying our own shit. I have Amway toothpaste, Amway tiolet paper, Amway car insurance @ 50$ a month ect.. He finished off his sales spew by saying, you wanna make $4000 a month or $4000 a day? I looked at this dumbfuck and laughed and said "I like Colgate toothpaste" as I walked away, scoffing at the incident that I knew was some sorta scam.

Date: January 19, 2010 04:47PM

Amway Garbage Sales Scheme Wrote:
> I'm twenty and a guy approaches me and said look I
> work for _______ company(cant remember name) we
> sell items and we get paid for buying our own
> shit. I have Amway toothpaste, Amway tiolet paper,
> Amway car insurance @ 50$ a month ect.. He
> finished off his sales spew by saying, you wanna
> make $4000 a month or $4000 a day? I looked at
> this dumbfuck and laughed and said "I like Colgate
> toothpaste" as I walked away, scoffing at the
> incident that I knew was some sorta scam.

Had that happen to me once. I was in a hotel lobby waiting on a client. This guy in a suit was sitting across from me, apparently waiting for someone, too. He kept glancing over at me. Finally he came over and said some bullshit like, "You look like a sharp guy." He launched into his pitch and I shot him down in about 30-seconds, "Look, I know about multi-level marketing. I'm not interested."

Later on in the evening, I went back down to the lobby for something. The guy was still there, acting like he was waiting for someone but pouncing on people as potential clients. I was surprised the hotel was too stupid to do anything about it.

Posted by: NegativeDreamStealer ()
Date: January 20, 2010 02:39PM

My username actually came from an acquaintance who got suckered into one of these schemes. When I tried to explain why "the plan" couldn't possibly work, he called me a "negative dream stealer."

Much later I learned that this was a scripted MLM response to marks who question the so-called business opportunity. Supposedly, they're just lazy losers who want to steal your dream of acquiring vast wealth by peddling poorly-priced commodity goods and services to an endless non-value-added chain of downline distributors.

This came in handy a few years ago when I got a rash of "home party" and "success meeting" invitations. I informed one and all that I was a lazy loser and a negative dream stealer. Worked like a charm.

Posted by: Success Story ()
Date: January 20, 2010 02:58PM

NegativeDreamStealer Wrote:
> My username actually came from an acquaintance who
> got suckered into one of these schemes. When I
> tried to explain why "the plan" couldn't possibly
> work, he called me a "negative dream stealer."
>
> Much later I learned that this was a scripted MLM
> response to marks who question the so-called
> business opportunity. Supposedly, they're just
> lazy losers who want to steal your dream of
> acquiring vast wealth by peddling poorly-priced
> commodity goods and services to an endless
> non-value-added chain of downline distributors.
>
> This came in handy a few years ago when I got a
> rash of "home party" and "success meeting"
> invitations. I informed one and all that I was a
> lazy loser and a negative dream stealer. Worked
> like a charm.

Whatever, you are just someone whogave up on your dreams years ago because of your past negative programming that society and your circle of influence has put into your mind. Somewhere long ago, someone stole your dream. So now you are living in conformity with those who stole your dream. Once stolen, it is only natural for you to want to save the rest of us from the heartaches you experienced as dreamer. Well, I have news for you, my dreams are coming true and you can't and won't steal them.

Date: January 20, 2010 03:09PM

Yeah right.
Thats why your on this forum defending scam-artists, because your dreams are coming true?
I highly doubt that.

Date: January 20, 2010 05:09PM

Success Story Wrote:
> my dreams are coming true

Well, when they DO come true, come back and see us.

Don't forget to upload a copy of your schedule C to substantiate your claims.

Incidentally, a couple of weeks ago I finally saw the "Primerica is a Rip-Off" truck myself. It was parked in McLean on Old Dominion Drive. Dude must have lost thousands to be so ticked.

Posted by: Mofo ()
Date: January 20, 2010 08:56PM

Dude, you must not have done it right it made me a millionaire door to door bible and paper weight salesman.

Posted by: PRIMERICA EXPOSED ()
Date: January 20, 2010 09:01PM

We all know what Primerica is really about, all the people who defend the company WORK FOR THE COMPANY. Go to consumerfraudreporting.com they have a great expose on Primerica. They target college kids and lower income people in particular.

BTW, if you want to let Primerica know how you feel about their deceptive and unethical tactics contact them here:

Hammad Raza Rizvi- Regional Vice President, Tysons Corner Office Cell:703-628-0550
Ray is one of their recruiters as well, he almost got me once. Cell: 703-489-4561

Let them know we are not going to stand for their nonsense anymore!!

Posted by: snoop a loop ()
Date: January 20, 2010 10:20PM

When I had my resume on Monster, I was contacted by them. Why would a finance position hire an IT guy I wondered. Also for a "management" position, when I didn't have any managerial experience. It's all BS. What kind of company would charge you a fee to join? Should be your first red flag.

Posted by: JimBob ()
Date: January 20, 2010 10:44PM

Snoop! I recently graduated from George Mason with a Communications degree. And I unemployed right now. Finding a job is Really really hard right now....So, I heard Real Estate is really good right now and you can make alot of money!!! I interviewed with Long and Foster, Remax, Century 21 and Cardinal Realty...BTW, these are ALL scams too, they want me to pay to get a Real Estate license for VA & MD and pay for a class! WTF. Lets not stand for THIS nonsense either! What can we do about this?

Posted by: G-Love ()
Date: January 20, 2010 10:49PM

You guys will Never believe this! I was out shopping one day and some guy from the Army tried to recruit me. The funny thing is, I'm not weapons trained or have never shot a gun! On top of that, I have no experience in the military. Why would the army want to hire a college student to defend our country??? Seems fishy.

Its def all BS, what kind of organization would do that..thats a big red flag.

Posted by: Become ()
Date: January 20, 2010 11:24PM

Its all a conspiracy

Posted by: How about this? ()
Date: January 20, 2010 11:46PM

Thank you GAY Anon-Poster for writing a bunch of shit that is a true testament to just how really GAY you are.

Now what can we do about this?

Posted by: How About You Fuck Yourself ()
Date: January 21, 2010 12:13AM

I love how whenever Primerica gets called out for their bullshit, deception, and lies, they fill a forum with jackasses. The only people who defend Primerica in any internet thread are obvious employees of the company.

"WE'RE NOT A SCAM!! THE SEC CERTIFIED US!!!!"- Primerica bootlicker

Your not a scam, your scum.

Posted by: Guest ()
Date: January 21, 2010 09:44AM

I personally know three people that have been very succesful with Primerica. One of them is very close to becoming a millionaire and has only been with Primerica for roughly seven years. The other two guys have done pretty well for themselves as well, although not nearly as well as the near millionaire. I went to the same recruitment presentation as they did, and I thought it was a scam, so I decided against it, but they have been very successful. The vast majority of people who join Primerica fail and do not make any money because it is based off of recruiting and is built like the typical pyramid scheme. It also requires working long hours and not making making much money in the begining. It may very well be a scam,I dont know for sure either way, but I do know a few people that have done very well with Primerica.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: January 21, 2010 09:58AM

oops

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2010 09:59AM by TheMeeper.

Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: January 21, 2010 10:22AM

46166571-superbowl-rings-1987-washington

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2015 02:08PM by WingNut.

Date: January 21, 2010 10:58AM

No one makes money by retailing MLM products to consumers outside of the pyramid. In fact, the system effectively prohibits you from making money that way.

The only way you can possibly make money in an MLM is to persuade as many people as you can to buy into the pyramid beneath you - and then get them to buy as much of the product as you can, as quickly as you can, before they churn out of the system.

MLMs are pyramid schemes. The product (good or service) exists only to launder the investments in the pyramid.

Guest Wrote:
> I personally know three people that have been very
> succesful with Primerica. One of them is very
> close to becoming a millionaire and has only been
> with Primerica for roughly seven years. The other
> two guys have done pretty well for themselves as
> well, although not nearly as well as the near
> millionaire.

How do you know this?

Date: January 21, 2010 11:14AM

Primerica is a subsidy of Citigroup, the same Citigroup that was formed by the repeal of the Glass Steagall Act, the same Citigroup that took billions of dollars of yours and my hard earned money in a bailout. Citigroup has been caught engaged in fraud, stealing from peoples accounts, and constantly breaches ethical and legal boundaries. It is a corporation out of control.

Primerica are a bunch of two-bit, slick talking, swindlers. It operates like a cult, if you google Primerica Brainwashing you will find multiple examples of people who join Primerica exhibiting cult-like behavior and attitudes.

The mainstream media wont touch Primerica with a 10 foot pole, luckily we the people have been getting together and working to expose these fraudsters.

A PRIMERICA BOYCOTT IS BEGINNING, the company is going public soon, we plan on driving their stock price so low they go bankrupt.

Date: January 21, 2010 12:06PM

Primerica has nothing on Kramerica.

Posted by: tell them NO ()
Date: January 21, 2010 12:24PM

I got mixed up with one of these Primerica salesmen a few years ago. He got me to buy into their life insurance, but in order to get their special rate I had to sell over $10,000 of mutual funds to my friends or family. He had me on the phone with my patents, aunts and uncles, cousins, trying to sell this shit. Then he would show up at their houses and use high-pressure tactics to try to get them to sign documents, etc., it was embarrassing. He went up to my neighbor's house to try to sell him an annuity, and when my neighbor wouldn't budge, he took on a very abusive tone, basically calling my neighbor "a loser". The whole ordeal was very upsetting to my family, I wouldn't recommend them.

Posted by: Success Story ()
Date: January 21, 2010 12:34PM

tell them NO Wrote:
> I got mixed up with one of these Primerica
> salesmen a few years ago. He got me to buy into
> their life insurance, but in order to get their
> special rate I had to sell over $10,000 of mutual
> funds to my friends or family. He had me on the
> phone with my patents, aunts and uncles, cousins,
> trying to sell this shit. Then he would show up
> at their houses and use high-pressure tactics to
> try to get them to sign documents, etc., it was
> embarrassing. He went up to my neighbor's house
> to try to sell him an annuity, and when my
> neighbor wouldn't budge, he took on a very abusive
> tone, basically calling my neighbor "a loser".
> The whole ordeal was very upsetting to my family,
> I wouldn't recommend them.

Got any video of this? If not, you are fabricating stories to bring down a respectable company. I am sorry you allowed someone else to steal your dreams, if you are even telling the truth. What is true is that some people come to Primerica and do not have the right frame of mind to succeed.

Date: January 21, 2010 12:59PM

Anyone else been hit up over the past six months to sell vitamins for Donald Trump?

Donald Trump and The Trump Network Marketing Plan - For more of the funniest videos, click here

Date: January 21, 2010 02:20PM

Success Story is a Primerica employee, they typically use terms like "steal your dreams" and other ridiculous semantics to cover up for their scam.

Anyone with half a brain knows that Primerica are peddling lies and preying on people looking for jobs who are typically middle to lower class.

PRIMERICA IS A COMPLETE FRAUD, EVERY CREDIBLE INDEPENDENT CONSUMER ADVOCACY GROUP HAS EXPOSED THEM FOR THEIR LIES AND UNETHICAL TACTICS.

Date: January 21, 2010 02:52PM

A Former Primerica Representative's Story

Hi. My name is Anne and I was a Primerica representative (full time) for about 7 months (from May '07 to December '07). I ended up in a multi-level marketing job in Primerica as a young adult.

I like what the company stands for and stuff (as far as helping families with their products), but it's such a difficult position to be in. A lot of your success is based upon how many people you know. I knew the products backwards and forwards, became a decent sales person, was able to conquer most objections, but because I didn't have a big warm market to start out with, I sucked.

When I first joined into the company, I was promised that everything was easy and I'd be making as much if not more than I was at my full time steady desk job... so I quit my regular job because at the time when the opportunity was presented to me, it was a "regular" paying job just with very flexible hours.

When I wasn't making sales left and right, it was my fault. Always my fault. I didn't try hard enough. I wasn't pushy enough. I couldn't be relentless enough to tire out the client and just make them give into me. It wasn't enough that I was always in the office from 9 to 12 making phone calls trying to recruit people. Always trying to get on appointments. Always at training. Went to Atlanta, GA for their big convention weekend because "it was what I needed to see to jump start my business".

When I wasn't at appointments or training or conventions and huge meetings, I was making calls. My life became Primerica... I lost friends, lost my self-esteem and dignity, lost sight of my passions because God forbid I spent time doing anything else other than PFS, and that still wasn't enough. I was still "lazy" in the eyes of other reps because I kept barely missing my marks to get my promotions. (And when I wanted to leave to pursue my dream to become a veterinarian, I was a HUGE dumb loser who gave up too easily.)

In the 7 months that I actually was an active representative, I only made a total of about $700... which is $800 LESS than what I made in ONE month at my old desk job... $10,500 LESS than what I would have made in those 7 months!! Thanks a lot, direct upline manager who told me I'd be making MORE than what I was with my steady job! He sold me the dream, alright, but it turned into a damn nightmare.

I tried to keep holding on because all my hard work was about to pay off, but instead I got into so much debt because of this company it's ridiculous. I just now again found a steady job, but I'm still months behind on credit card payments, behind on my car payments, behind on student loan payments and on top of that I owe my grandma money I had borrowed from her just to try to keep somewhat current (I'm just glad that during this time I was living with my mom because otherwise I know that on top of all of that if I had rent to pay or a mortgage, I'd be homeless, too).

Really, I have never met so many liars in one company before... Everyone's always lying about how well they're doing (the most common lie which I am even guilty of because "everything is perfect and going great" when you're in front of part-timers, new recruits, and complete outsiders) when in reality the only people in the company who are actually doing decently are the Regional Vice Presidents and those who are higher up than them (Senior Vice President, National Sales Director, Senior National Sales Director).

Multi-level marketing can work for some people (like those who have loads of money and time set aside so when they constantly fail to get a paycheck they can still make ends meet by rationing their saved up money until they actually con enough people into joining their cult to be able to live off of them and replace said money that they originally lost), but most of us are not cut out to be hard sales people (and even more so recruiters) because we care too much about others.

I hate the actual marketing job position, but I do like their products and what they stand for... They are good, quality products and I'm not just saying that because I was in the company, but because I have done my own comparisons to other companies' products and still own a life insurance policy from Primerica. The representatives lied to each other about their productivity, but I never knew of anyone lying to clients/customers.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: January 21, 2010 03:01PM

> In the 7 months that I actually was an active representative, I only made a total of about $700

LOL- who the hell would put up with that for 7 months??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2010 03:02PM by TheMeeper.

Date: January 21, 2010 03:37PM

http://www.believethemovie.com/

Also check out the story about the guy who tried to recruit his mugger.

Posted by: Liemerica ()
Date: January 21, 2010 07:19PM

PRIMERICA IS A SCAM!!

To the Primerica operatives who are reading this, you have been exposed!!

Primerica has been completely discredited.

Posted by: AvoidDreams ()
Date: January 21, 2010 07:38PM

They try to get you to use your friend and family to sell products even if they don't need the products. I had a friend caught up in this company. He said it was like a cult and almost ruined his life. The company makes a crap load of money on these products, and the people who work the hardest, like the salesmen, get barely anything. It's just bad news. RUN QUICK

Posted by: Primeriscum ()
Date: January 21, 2010 09:01PM

One effective way to take on Primerica would be to go to their offices and expose their lies and distortions to all the people they are trying to recruit into their scam, at least half or more would probably turn around immediately.

Posted by: PRIMERICULT ()
Date: January 21, 2010 10:23PM

Stay away from this cult people!!!!

They will literally suck you dry for every penny you've got. This company has ruined marriages, turned husbands into brainwashed zombies, and taken money out of poor people's pockets.

PRIMERICA IS A DEN OF VIPERS!

WARN YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY, TELL THEM TO STAY AWAY FROM THESE LIARS BEFORE THEY GET SUCKED INTO THE WEB OF DECEPTION.

Posted by: Questions? ()
Date: January 22, 2010 10:47AM

I am curious as to why nobody is taking into account these links.I think Better Bus. Bureau and Bloomberg are pretty credible sources. Every other link has been to websites that are not legitimate govt agencies. Can somebody that is mature, tell me why that is?

Posted by: QUESTIONS WORKS FOR PRIMERICA ()
Date: January 22, 2010 11:42AM

You work for Primerica, and we aren't falling for your bullshit asshole.

Everyone knows that Primerica is a multi-level marketing scam, just because what you do is legal doesn't mean its ethical or right.

GO FUCK YOURSELF PRIMERICA!

Posted by: Answers ()
Date: January 22, 2010 12:30PM

Questions? Wrote:
> I am curious as to why nobody is taking into
> account these links.I think Better Bus. Bureau and
> Bloomberg are pretty credible sources. Every other
> link has been to websites that are not legitimate
> govt agencies. Can somebody that is mature, tell
> me why that is?

If your question is why is Primerica apparently successful despite it's poor ratings and reputation from credible sources, the answer lies in the MLM structure of the company and the greenhorns it hires. Aunt Alice isn't buying an annuity from Primerica, she's buying it from her favorite nephew Jimmy who's fresh out of HS/Community College, etc. and she hopes that purchase will jumpstart his career. People do financial business with people they know and at least like primarily, the institution they represent is often secondary.

Jimmy will become an ex-employee of Primerica once he's gone through his list of family, friends and aquaintances and whoever his mentor was will jump in and take over his clients, persuing the ones he can do more business with and ignoring the ones that are tapped out or dissatisfied. It's not quite true to say that you can't make any money at Primerica unless you recruit people to sell underneath you, it's a matter of doing both recruiting and selling to become successful there. Selling and recruiting enough to be successful there doesn't leave a lot of time available to learn how to be a knowledgable financial advisor who gives sage advice to his/her clients.

No, I have never worked for Primerica I've just been in the industry for awhile and years ago we interviewed former employees from there. Whenever we get a resume with Primerica on it nowadays it goes straight to the recycling bin.

Posted by: Squidzz ()
Date: January 22, 2010 01:53PM

wow my gf just got 2 phone calls and a voicemail from a Primerica scumbag named Miles. This shit is just out of control.... how fuckn dumb can u be?

Date: January 22, 2010 04:48PM

Squidzz Wrote:
> wow my gf just got 2 phone calls and a voicemail
> from a Primerica scumbag named Miles. This shit
> is just out of control.... how fuckn dumb can u
> be?

It's been my experience that any of those MLM salesmen are RELENTLESS. I've been hit up for Amway so many times it's unreal. And let's not be fooled...they're all the same. At first I try to be cool - "nah man, it's not for me...", then it goes to "hey man, I said no, please leave me alone", and it finally ends up with "Look jackass, I said no. You call me again, I'll report you for harassment."

Date: January 22, 2010 05:31PM

Posted by: Soft as a Cloud ()
Date: January 22, 2010 06:16PM

Naw, the Klenex brand for a $1.50 suits my lavish lifestyle. Its the next best thing to actually wiping your ass WITH the dollar bill.

Posted by: Documentary ()
Date: January 22, 2010 08:34PM

Hello, my name is Jake and I am a documentary filmmaker based out of Northern Virginia. I am currently working on a project dealing with Multi Level Marketing and would be interested in conducting interviews with any current or past Primerica employees in the Northern Virginia area, as well as anyone who has a story to tell about Primerica positive or negative. If you are interested please contact me at potomacproductions@gmail.com, thanks and I hope to hear from you soon!

- Jake

Posted by: THANK YOU PRIMERICA!! ()
Date: February 04, 2010 03:51PM

Well im sorry most of you couldnt make this company. my story- the first month i started working here it took me time to get my lisence because the exam was a little difficult, but next month i worked part- time and made 18,500 DOLLARS. i was also working at cvs at the time. i had no WARM market as some like to say. i knew NO ONEEE!!! but i sill helped SO many families in need. Many just needed a financial advisor, and there i was to help them. Some people can't be successful in this company becuase they dont simply have what it takes,= TIME. you meet all these people who make millions , they ask you to make millions. i just made another 23,000 this month and i am not even an Vice President. i LOVE this company and it has changed my life, i work with many people who went to geroge washigton uni. and george mason, george town, maryland uni. even people who went to nova, this job honestly is not for everyone, not everyone is meant to make a name for themseleves. EVERYONE has an option, some choose to feel sorry for themeselves and to bash a GREAT, the LARGEST FINANCIAL SERVICES COMPANY in the US. but w/e, know really cares if a few people think its a "scam". haha , i hope you guys have fun making 2,000 every month, im on the way to become a millionire, with manyy thousands of people who were just like me, making 3,000-10,000 every month, hard to get by, but now, lifes GREAT! THANK YOU PRIMERICA!!

Posted by: N8TIVE NO.VIRGINIAN ()
Date: February 04, 2010 05:11PM

THANK YOU PRIMERICA!! Wrote:
> Well im sorry most of you couldnt make this
> company. my story- the first month i started
> working here it took me time to get my lisence
> because the exam was a little difficult, but next
> month i worked part- time and made 18,500 DOLLARS.
> i was also working at cvs at the time. i had no
> WARM market as some like to say. i knew NO
> ONEEE!!! but i sill helped SO many families in
> need. Many just needed a financial advisor, and
> there i was to help them. Some people can't be
> successful in this company becuase they dont
> simply have what it takes,= TIME. you meet all
> these people who make millions , they ask you to
> make millions. i just made another 23,000 this
> month and i am not even an Vice President. i LOVE
> this company and it has changed my life, i work
> with many people who went to geroge washigton uni.
> and george mason, george town, maryland uni. even
> people who went to nova, this job honestly is not
> for everyone, not everyone is meant to make a name
> for themseleves. EVERYONE has an option, some
> choose to feel sorry for themeselves and to bash a
> GREAT, the LARGEST FINANCIAL SERVICES COMPANY in
> the US. but w/e, know really cares if a few people
> think its a "scam". haha , i hope you guys have
> fun making 2,000 every month, im on the way to
> become a millionire, with manyy thousands of
> people who were just like me, making 3,000-10,000
> every month, hard to get by, but now, lifes GREAT!
> THANK YOU PRIMERICA!!

Too bad you are barely literate. Maybe with your millions you can hire someone to teach you grammar, spelling, and punctuation.

Posted by: More Complete ()
Date: February 04, 2010 05:23PM

N8TIVE NO.VIRGINIAN Wrote:
>
> Too bad you are barely literate. Maybe with your
> millions you can hire someone to teach you
> grammar, spelling, and punctuation.

I was thinking the same thing.

Posted by: primerica Kool_Aid ()
Date: February 05, 2010 06:01PM

THANK YOU PRIMERICA!! Wrote:
> Well im sorry most of you couldnt make this
> company. my story- the first month i started
> working here it took me time to get my lisence
> because the exam was a little difficult, but next
> month i worked part- time and made 18,500 DOLLARS.
> i was also working at cvs at the time. i had no
> WARM market as some like to say. i knew NO
> ONEEE!!! but i sill helped SO many families in
> need. Many just needed a financial advisor, and
> there i was to help them. Some people can't be
> successful in this company becuase they dont
> simply have what it takes,= TIME. you meet all
> these people who make millions , they ask you to
> make millions. i just made another 23,000 this
> month and i am not even an Vice President. i LOVE
> this company and it has changed my life, i work
> with many people who went to geroge washigton uni.
> and george mason, george town, maryland uni. even
> people who went to nova, this job honestly is not
> for everyone, not everyone is meant to make a name
> for themseleves. EVERYONE has an option, some
> choose to feel sorry for themeselves and to bash a
> GREAT, the LARGEST FINANCIAL SERVICES COMPANY in
> the US. but w/e, know really cares if a few people
> think its a "scam". haha , i hope you guys have
> fun making 2,000 every month, im on the way to
> become a millionire, with manyy thousands of
> people who were just like me, making 3,000-10,000
> every month, hard to get by, but now, lifes GREAT!
> THANK YOU PRIMERICA!!

In a nutshell, you are drinking the Kool-Aid?

Posted by: DDDDDDDDDDDD ()
Date: March 04, 2010 10:49AM

Posted by: NMLGuy ()
Date: March 04, 2010 12:55PM

Just because someone invested in it, does not mean that the operation is ethical.

You are better off coming to a real financial services company, Northwestern Mutual.

Posted by: MICROSTRUCTURE ()
Date: March 05, 2010 01:02AM

I clicked on that $1/toilet paper roll link and found this:

http://www.quixtar.com/products/product.aspx?itemno=744352&ctg=17469

Its water that costs over $2/bottle....

What is Microstructured water?
"MicroStructured™ Water has unique properties that are rarely found in other types of drinking water. It is believed that water molecules cluster together which make it difficult for the body to utilize until the clusters are broken up. Microstructuring is a proprietary process which is designed to break up these large clusters resulting in a water which is believed to create a smoother “wetter” water where the water is now able to pass into the cells of the body more easily. Taste the water and let your body feel the difference.

fucking mindblowing.

Posted by: rayisascammer ()
Date: March 05, 2010 02:41PM

My wife and I just walked out of a meeting with this character ray two nights ago, they certainly make sure they have good talkers to talk up the company...we walked out right before the vp was supposed to give some speach. did the whole where is the restroom talk and got out! Do not get trapped by there BS

Posted by: Nova_lifer ()
Date: March 06, 2010 06:34AM

I attended a weekend in Fairfax for the insurance training never thinking I'd actually sell insurance. I do have great admiration for sales people who do have that gift of selling since I can't sell anything.

The guy giving the training had a wife who had done this business for at least 10 years but was taking a break from the business. During a break she said she would answer questions about her business. She unknowingly made a HUGE mistake that caught everyone's attention by admitting she was NOT getting any revenue while taking this break. The whole business is built on the lie that if work long and hard enough you will build a self sustaining source of income from the pyramid underneath you. In reality the nanosecond you stop recruiting you stop getting revenue. In other words the pyramid has a wide base but never gets much height. The base crumbles when you stop recruiting. At best you are counting on your recruit to buy insurance for himself, his family and maybe recruit a friend or family member. It rarely goes deeper than that.

BTW the husband (weird guy) tried to act tough and kick me out of the class for returning late from a break. I just laughed and sat down. It was a huge waste of time but an education on businesses like this and the people they attract.

Posted by: DS ()
Date: November 05, 2010 07:22PM

Squidzz Wrote:
> wow my gf just got 2 phone calls and a voicemail
> from a Primerica scumbag named Miles. This shit
> is just out of control.... how fuckn dumb can u
> be?

http://www.secretentourage.com/entrepreneur/business/pyramid-primerica-scam

Posted by: scam? ()
Date: December 27, 2010 09:57PM

its not a scam guys

MARKHAM ONTARIO SCAM Primerica
Posted by: MARKHAM ONTARIO SCAM ()
Date: February 03, 2011 03:54PM

I've been a division leader and I can tell you, if you have any options in life take those first before starting a life of misery with Primerica.

Posted by: Giants2324 ()
Date: March 08, 2012 12:38PM

People tend to call things scams they frankly dont understand

Posted by: It is a total scam ()
Date: March 08, 2012 01:10PM

I was 'propositioned' by a 'sales manager' while I waited for the bus coming home from work. She actually pulled over and started bsing me while I was at the stop. I thought this might be a good chance to network and maybe meet a few girls. The meeting was held at a strip mall and attended by the lowest of the low. I think I was the only college graduate or even high school graduate there. A rag-tag bunch for sure. They put up pictures of expensive villas in mexico and mansions in the us while they sold their bs. Than they brought a quadriplegic on stage to tell his story, these people are shameless and will pander to no end. The cherry on top was one of the managers had solicited the high school cashier at a local bakery, which he'd just visited, to attend the meeting with him. Everbody there was white-trash, or a brillo haired illitera. One girl was around 30 and had her 17 year kid with her, she was asian and he was a little half-breed moo-moo complete with diamond earings and a "future rap" contract in the works. Just human garbage.

They make money by getting you to enlist friends, family etc to buy their products, well first they are pressured into being presented with all their insurance options with a go to your home meeting by higher ups and than comes the hard sell. The lady who was my 'manager' couldn't even spell correctly in the emails she sent me. At the end of the first meeting the district manager who also ran the office where the meeting was held was asking for donations to buy a new projector, even though he had just convinced everyone in the room, or tried convincing them that he made a few hundred thousand a year.

I'm ashamed to say I joined, paying the 100$ sign up fee and than paid the 25$ montly fee for about 6 months. They ropped other people into paying for tickets at seminars and other bs. That's also how they make their money. The end of the line for me was when I met with my manager one time and she tried to solicit the parking garage attendant. These people just go up to random people working, mostly low-paying jobs and say ' are you happy with your job?'. Promising them the possibility of making 100's of thousands. Obviously going from minimun wage to 100's of thousands is a pipe dream. I only joined because I wanted to meet some contacts and business cards to pass out to chicks. Lesson learned. Stay away from Multi level Marketing(MLM), it's a ponzi scheme, the only people who make out are the one on top. All the idiots above blah, blahing about how good primerica is are with primerica and looking for suckers to rip-off. Like I said most of the people at these meeting had little to no educations, were trailer or ghetto trash and had no other options. I'd say 95% of the people quit within a year. Bank of America, which tried to rip consumers off with the 5$ monthly debit card usage card, is affiliated with Primerica which gives them the air of legitimacy

Re: Primerica SCAM!!!!
Posted by: tanya ()
Date: December 17, 2012 01:13PM

PRIMERICA IS DEFINITELY A SCAM!!!!!!!!!!! RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN IF A RECRUITER TRY TO RECRUIT YOU! DONT DO IT!!!!! ALL THEY WANT IS THE MONEY THAT THEY'LL BE MAKING OFF OF YOU<<<<<<<<.

Re: Primerica SCAM!!!!
Posted by: Scamm?? ()
Date: December 17, 2012 04:58PM

tanya Wrote:
> PRIMERICA IS DEFINITELY A SCAM!!!!!!!!!!! RUN AS
> FAST AS YOU CAN IF A RECRUITER TRY TO RECRUIT YOU!
> DONT DO IT!!!!! ALL THEY WANT IS THE MONEY THAT
> THEY'LL BE MAKING OFF OF YOU<<<<<<<<.

Your caps lock is on. Also, nice articulate well thought out post.

Posted by: spied on a scammer ()
Date: October 30, 2013 12:29AM

Earlier this afternoon I saw Primerica indoctrination taking place outside the Dunkin Donuts at University Mall. A young man who appeared to be about 23 was being oriented by the Primerica representative who did not appear much older. Naturally, they were discussing business at the chilly tables in public because Primerica has no real office space! They had an iPad and some important looking books and folders spread out. He encouraged the new sucker by telling him how Shaquille O'Neal made money through it, and other fairy tales. And the usual pyramid scheme lines like, "This can be as big as the amount of time you put into it."

They just won't go away! Just when you thought everyone was wise to it, a new crop of suckers show up. I hope the kid from today didn't fall for it. To me, he didn't seem sold.

*Note to recent grads: If a job interviewer requests to meet you at a breezy table outside a fast food joint, the offer is bogus. Run!*

Posted by: Boring boring ()
Date: October 30, 2013 08:03AM

*Yawn*

Posted by: Goth Kid ()
Date: October 31, 2013 12:24AM

Boring boring Wrote:
> *Yawn*

Said the wannabe hipster who sat at the breezy table outside the fast food joint

Posted by: VBS programmer for Primerica ()
Date: January 24, 2014 05:49AM

Hi,

I am the developer who most recently worked for the last year for the convention VBS scoreboard, and to get BCWeb Auto Provisioning working, and then recently for the Dec release, to get VBS to Tablets / devices. I also owned Turbo Apps on the VBS side.

I was in the hospital several times this year due to exhaustion and overwork. I was given by my Primerica 'Manager' a congratulatory $50 thank you. Well, actually and thankfully my 'manager' took it upon herself to take leave during convention, so I had a wonderful manager who did me a great service, and the owner of BCWeb was very nice as well.

Prior to the Dec release, and after 4 months of overtime (starting September) and consecutive 60 hour weeks, I had the same problems that were going to put me in the ER again. My 'manager' didn't stop. I thought at least by Christmas it would be over, but she didn't relent, so I had no choice to walk away.

I hope it was worth it.

Primerica SCAM
Posted by: From Northern Virginia ()
Date: July 03, 2014 02:00PM

I was approached over the phone by a guy named "hammad" from "Primerica" over a month ago offering me a "management position" that can be taken care of via telecommute. He for some reason sounded very fishy, and I googled his name and Primerica. Sure enough I get multiple links including a federal scam detecting site indicating that this hammad guy is a total scam.

Posted by: Boring! ()
Date: July 03, 2014 03:57PM

Who cares. Old post. Move on.

Posted by: slimshady ()
Date: July 04, 2014 12:01PM

i gotta call from a guy name "hammad" 703-628-0550 from "Primerica" yesterday i cut him off i told him i had a full time job and was not interested.

Posted by: The New Fool On The Block... ()
Date: August 26, 2015 10:31PM

I can't believe this dude almost got me. Luckily, I will be out of town for a little while so I wouldn't be able to meet up with him for a few weeks. Good thing because I was just looking for a job.

Truthfully, I'm kinda pissed about this...

Posted by: Derfx ()
Date: August 27, 2015 02:32AM

I did the Primerica thing for a while. You will not make any money selling life insurance to the middle class (they preach the middle and lower class need life insurance.)

I can honestly say it's not a pyramid scheme. In all companies the person at the top makes all the money, the people at the bottom do the work and get paid shit. It may be a good secondary gig, but I wouldn't rely on making a living (especially in Fairfax County).

Oh and one thing, go to a seminar, listen to the facts and make your own judgement.

Posted by: Y'all are funny! ()
Date: February 29, 2016 01:25PM

It is so funny reading all of the posts on these threads. Yes I am a part timer of Primerica. I also love how everyone is talking about this is a pyramid scheme. Do you guys even know what a pyramid scheme is? Did you know that all organizations are shaped like a pyramid. From church to the White House its all a pyramid. Primerica is not for everyone. It's for those that are tired of being employees and want real financial freedom by building a business. Yes you have to recruit, all organizations recruit. The person at the top will always make the most money. With Primerica everyone has the same shot to be at the top and make as much money as you want to make. It's something that can start out doing part time and go full time if you want. If you thinking about joining Primerica, then do real research. See that Forbes said that Primerica is one of the 50 most trustworthy financial businesses in the US. Look at the BBB A+ ratings. Check out our stock, ticker symbol PRI. The last time I checked you can be on the NYSE and be in business for almost 40 years and be a SCAM. "The rich want to learn and grow the poor think they already know."

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.