HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Roadside Memorial
Posted by: ox ()
Date: August 18, 2018 07:29AM

There are a lot of roadside memorials in our area. Does anyone have any stories about the accident and the people they are in memory of? Have you ever created a roadside memorial? I'd really like to hear the stories and keep the memories alive. Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Roadside Memorial
Posted by: Mike huntt ()
Date: August 18, 2018 07:42AM

I took a dump on the side of the road the other day

Posted by: Hillsboroharry ()
Date: August 18, 2018 10:05AM

^^^ There is a memorial to an asshole.

Posted by: Prof. Frink ()
Date: August 18, 2018 04:00PM

There are a couple on the 2-lane section of Lee Chapel. I've seen the guy who maintains one of them with flowers out there a couple different times. Always struck me as odd to stand out there on what little shoulder it has and do that given it's cearly not the safest stretch of road.

Posted by: Great deal ()
Date: August 18, 2018 04:11PM

I go early on a Sunday morning to the one near my house.
I get the fresh $$$$ flowers placed there by the girls parents/friends/church.
My wife sees these when she wakes up and we have sex.

The dead girls parents also keep holiday themes which is nice for my wife.
Lilies on Easter, red white and blue carnations on July 4th etc.

To the parents of the girl:
Thank you for getting me laid!

Posted by: ...in the 22039 ()
Date: August 18, 2018 05:15PM

There's two on Lee Chapel between the the Parkway and Ox. One was from a vehicle full of young folks, jumped the hill (going towards Ox), went off the right side, then to the left, into a tree. At least that's what I recall from the story.

The one closer to Lee Chpel was from the 19 year old lady who came from the light, hauled up to a reported 70 mph, cut over, entered the light "dip" after South Run, lost control and hit one little SUV, then went head-on into a Jeep Grand Cherokee. She was in a white Honda Accord. And died. Walking to the scene, I remember the blood from the 19 y/o's ear, as she was dead, and FCPD draped the sheet over the car right after.

There's another memorial on the other side of the Parkway, after Onion Patch, heading towards OKM Rd. I seem to recall it was during the day, and a your person hit the median, over corrected, and went into a tree.

But the one which makes no sense is the one on the Parkway just before Waterline Dr. A guy in a Silver Caddy Sedan parks there several times per week and sets up his maintenance or shrine. Today, it was two big cooler jugs, and blocking the turn lane. Smart. Let's cause more danger and confusion. Doubt he should be stoping there, and is too selfish to go another 200 feet and park on Waterline Dr.

Posted by: Huntsman motorcycle ()
Date: August 18, 2018 05:59PM

Wow. Many years since my buddy Ezra sped head on into an oncoming car with his motorcycle.
Brought Okm to a standstill from rolling to Lee chapel!
Attended LDS church and singles activities.
Worked with him at UPS.
He Talked about sport bikes like addicts talk about their next fix!
He’s with Heavenly Father in His Kingdom.

Ezra:

“our existence here is for the sole purpose of exaltation and restoration to the presence of our Father and God.” -Brigham Young,

Posted by: Caroline o ()
Date: August 18, 2018 06:38PM

My friend was doing yard work in front of his townhome in Caroline oaks when he heard the crash. He was the first person to see your friend Ezra (last name started w/a G; wreck was about 15 years ago)and realized immediately there was nothing he could do to help him as he was no longer alive. Messed him up for quite awhile.

Posted by: What a limp-dick ()
Date: August 19, 2018 11:45AM

Great deal Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> To the parents of the girl: Thank you for getting me laid!

It's clear that you couldn't do it without help.

Posted by: Ghost Bikes Are All White ()
Date: August 19, 2018 11:51AM

They are at spots where bicyclists have been killed

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.