HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Still No Principal at Lanier
Posted by: Lanier Parent ()
Date: August 13, 2018 03:14PM

School starts soon and there's still no principal named for Lanier. Too bad that Lenart woman went to Fairfax because we're not done with her. But still . . . a whole summer gone by and there's nobody on board to start the year at Lanier. That's not looking good for the students. That place is always chaotic. I can't even imagine what my kid will go through this year.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Still No Principal at Lanier
Posted by: Name It Malcom X Middle School? ()
Date: August 13, 2018 08:00PM

That is another school named after a racist.

Posted by: Jimmy Longstreet ()
Date: August 13, 2018 09:15PM

He is considered one of the greatest American poets of the 19th century.
He taught literature at Johns Hopkins. He deserves to have a school named after
him.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sidney_Lanier

Posted by: Name It Malcom X Middle School? ()
Date: August 14, 2018 09:39AM

Jimmy Longstreet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> He is considered one of the greatest American
> poets of the 19th century.
> He taught literature at Johns Hopkins. He
> deserves to have a school named after
> him.
>
> https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sidney_Lanier

A racist nevertheless.......

Posted by: Jimmy Longstreet ()
Date: August 14, 2018 12:02PM

Well, by definition, so was Washinggton, Jefferson, Madison, Roosevelt, and (according to some loony leftists) even LINCOLN. Slavery and racism were legal and institutionalized back then, as was sexism. They no longer are. To retroactively pass judgement on historical figures by imposing advanced modern values on them is ignorant and stupid.

Posted by: William Faulkner ()
Date: August 14, 2018 12:45PM

Name It Malcom X Middle School? Wrote:
> That is another school named after a racist.

Almost every white person in 19th century America was by modern standards a racist. Even Lincoln would be considered racist today.

Much as I respect Malcolm X, he was a black racist.

Posted by: Brown Onion ()
Date: August 14, 2018 12:52PM

Lanier had the balls to rightfully call a savage a savage

Posted by: US Grant ()
Date: August 14, 2018 04:36PM

William Faulkner Wrote:
> Name It Malcom X Middle School? Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > That is another school named after a racist.
>
>
> Almost every white person in 19th century America
> was by modern standards a racist. Even Lincoln
> would be considered racist today.
>
> Much as I respect Malcolm X, he was a black
> racist.

Malcolm X had a profound change of heart with reward to the racist ideology of the NOI after his pilgrimage to Mecca...where he observed people of all races and ethnicities worshipping together. When he returned to the US, he challenged the authority of Elijah Muhammad,(who was having sex with any female NOI member he desired). "Calypso"Louie Farrakhan carried out the hit, and that was it for Brother Malcolm.

Posted by: Lanier Parent ()
Date: June 07, 2019 04:38PM

As the school year draws to a close, I have to update -- the new principal, Tammy Hanna, is a complete disaster. My daughter reports that kids run the halls like maniacs everyday and nothing happens to discipline them. I don't let her have a phone but the kids in her classes are all on their phones all period long not paying attention. They took away the study period called Learning Seminar where kids could get extra help (and my daughter needs it) and forced kids to sign up for things like knitting or origami. The bell schedule changes almost everyday so my daughter never knows which classes to prepare for, and she says the principal is on the intercom all the time interrupting class trying to locate kids who are skipping. It's been an awful environment for her, and I'm wondering how I can get her into a new school next year without moving or paying for private school. It's terrible there, and I didn't think anyone could be worse than Erin Lenart. Where did they find this woman? I don't think she came from another FCPS school.

Posted by: NEM4L ()
Date: June 07, 2019 08:47PM

I went to Lanier a long time ago. I switched to Rocky Run for 8th grade. I had to join the GT program in order to transfer there. Rocky Run was a newer school and seemed to have more upscale students. Now that I think about it I’m a bit sad I never got to see some of those people again, because I went to Fairfax HS.

Posted by: kstw4598 ()
Date: June 29, 2020 10:20AM

Lanier is not a good school. It's operated like a wannabe prep school/academy. Administration is all over the place and to some are toxic. There is a high consensus of prestige and over achievement in the school’s culture. Extremely high maintenance of student’s grades and performance is heavily embedded in the school’s way of educating students. Some teachers are good, most are bad. The school has a mentality of “we need to be the best in the district" and it gets to a point of obsession where staff and student's are miserable. Overall, Lanier has potential, but is caught up in the unnecessary politics of the City of Fairfax. Frankly, I would not send my child to Lanier. Don’t let the nice renovated building fool you. It’s completely toxic and a massive headache.

Sidenote: I think a lot of people don't like Lanier and other City of Fairfax schools because they don't see them as a “true" FCPS schools and because the schools act standoffish. City of Fairfax defiantly takes the win for trying to look and be all that.

Posted by: Mud Hutz ()
Date: June 29, 2020 10:36PM

Lanier is ghetto as fuck, just like the other Ffx city schools.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.