HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Anybody have billing problems with INOVA or Reston Hospital?
Posted by: Did they flunk math????? ()
Date: August 08, 2018 03:15PM

Let's share some stories.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anybody have billing problems with INOVA or Reston Hospital?
Posted by: BS Central ()
Date: August 08, 2018 03:30PM

They are full of shit. The ER rooms are full of shit. They barely do a fucking thing, but if you ask them they make it sound like a Friday night in a top urban area any day of the week. The billing charges are such bullshit I rather say fuck that BS place.

Posted by: I could write a book,,,,, ()
Date: August 08, 2018 03:47PM

I would get bills from INOVA that did not match with the numbers that our insurance sent, which is all we have to pay. I would call them trying to get an explanation, the service reps would make up a bogus explanation, I would pay them what the insurance told me to and send a message telling them if they don't like that send me an explanation. Sometimes I would hear back and sometimes not. The numbers disappeared. I would wait months for refunds. Heard every excuse in the book. They would also have several accounts for one person, and then put payments into the wrong accounts. They also would not credit payments made and then say I didn't make the payment. Keep very careful records. Never pay in advance unless they force you too. The money goes into a Black Hole.

Posted by: Dear Reston------ ()
Date: August 08, 2018 03:49PM

How did you think you could get away with trying to charge $400 for a thyroid test?

Posted by: ACA ()
Date: August 08, 2018 03:56PM

Hospital and insurance are two biggest con games in America. At least the Affordable Care Act forced some restriction on their bullshit.

Posted by: Yep ()
Date: August 08, 2018 09:04PM

All the folks who are afraid of socialized medicine have never experienced it and have no clue what they're talking about. AND they probably have really good insurance and have never had to make a job choice based on benefits (or worse--a medical choice based on what they can afford).

Meanwhile, the medical business is in a death spiral, trying to charge those who can pay enough to cover those who don't. So you with your insurance go in and they bilk you and your insurance company because the next guy who comes in via ambulance may not have any insurance and they eat that entire bill. Not sustainable.

I had an incident where I had paid in advance for an MRI because our company had just changed plans and the new insurance cards had not arrived yet: I knew it was covered, figured it would get straightened out afterward.

Well, I'd paid $1500; insurance paid me back the contracted amount, $700, and said it was up to me to collect the difference. I then spent a month being bounced back and forth between the lab and INOVA, with each saying the other had to straighten it out.

Finally I got another check from insurance: they had slightly miscalculated the amount, and rather than sending me the difference (they owed me slightly more) they sent the ENTIRE new amount, and wanted the original amount back, which was perfectly reasonable on their part.

But now I had some leverage. I called them, explained the problem, and told them they'd be made whole when I was made whole. Surprise, INOVA and the lab suddenly figured out how to fix it.

I'm convinced that it would NEVER have gotten fixed if the insurance company hadn't made that mistake.

Posted by: Back in the Day ()
Date: August 08, 2018 09:15PM

Maybe 15 years ago I was lightheaded, called by Primary Care Doctors Office and they told me to go to the ER. Turns out I had high blood pressure. Was there for 2 hours. Bill came to $23,000. Thank God it was back when insurance companies paid for everything. Guessing I paid $250.

Posted by: They Have To Make Up For Votes ()
Date: August 08, 2018 09:51PM

For all the money they lose when illegals get cared for, or foreign nationals on visas who after the cure disappear back to where they came from, countries known as Who Knows Where

Yes they have to make up for votes for Democrats who all want open borders and have let them in too many years before the new sheriff Trump came to town and slowed things down

Posted by: 3rd Generation Ffx ()
Date: August 09, 2018 04:05AM

Yes, Reston Hospital kept sending me bills for a "remainder" of an unpaid bill (the bill was paid in full). Paid the extra a couple of times just to be done with it (the "remainder" was under a hundred) and stressed this is *everything* right?, the out-the-door price. Eventually went in person and paid the "extra". Nothing mattered they just kept on coming back. So then I blew them off. And never had any follow up like collectors or nonsense. In the beginning, I thought it was an unintentional mistake, a glitch in the paperwork (people tend to be trusting of hospitals). I am now convinced it's intentional, and they keep sending bills out to people to prey upon the prosperity of this area.

There are many scams like this where scam artists will send fake-bills (with letterheads that resemble utility companies) to people in well to do areas. People who make a lot of money can be busy and not fully read the pettier bills especially if they are familiar. I am convinced they are running their own version of this scam. I don't trust them, others should not either.

Posted by: Scam artists. ()
Date: August 09, 2018 08:56AM

Reston Hospital's NPAS was sending me weekly bills for something I didn't have to pay. The service reps were abusive and absolute idiots. I finally called the front office at the hospital and filed a complaint, which shut them up. This is a scam to pressure people into helping the hospital collect above and beyond.

***3rd generation, why did you pay them extra?

Posted by: Pretty depressing... ()
Date: August 09, 2018 09:12AM

It's hard to be at the bottom of the barrel, as so many of the whiners above are. Too dumb to know what's going on and too slow to have figured out where and how to hide.

Posted by: Who hasn't had a problem ()
Date: August 09, 2018 12:36PM

When my son was born we got billed for a circumcision. My son's penis is uncircumcised.

Posted by: That's a good one ()
Date: August 09, 2018 12:49PM

Who hasn't had a problem Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> When my son was born we got billed for a
> circumcision. My son's penis is uncircumcised.

: - )

Posted by: Its Simple As Can Be ()
Date: August 09, 2018 01:59PM

Illegals go to the emergency room or clinic, they give "a name" they give "an address" and a phone number for that address that's so easy to find. Then they get treated sign the bills and paperwork and leave, the bill goes to someone address, they mark it not at this address and put it back in the mail. it happens over and over everywhere illegals are at all over this country, Democrat illegal activists will lie their asses off, No no no no it does not happen ever ever ever.. LIARS Full of Lies all the way

Posted by: Rescue Squad ()
Date: August 09, 2018 02:02PM

Reston Hospital is not affiliated with INOVA and is a "for profit entity."

Posted by: Fucked by FOX... ()
Date: August 09, 2018 02:03PM

^^^ Worthless stooge has no fucking idea!

Date: August 09, 2018 02:16PM

Reston Hospital is notorious for incorrect billings. INOVA Hospitals aren't much better and we're all screwed under their handling of patient billing issues.

Posted by: A**holes ()
Date: August 09, 2018 02:25PM

Rescue Squad Wrote:
> Reston Hospital is notorious for incorrect
> billings. INOVA Hospitals aren't much better and
> we're all screwed under their handling of patient
> billing issues.

Keep very careful records. Know your rights. Don't let them take advantage of you. Fight the good fight.

Date: August 09, 2018 02:33PM

INOVA offices on all levels have taken over healthcare in NO-VA and now an unfortunate oligarchy that goes unchecked and unquestioned by local elected officials...

Posted by: Heads up... ()
Date: August 09, 2018 02:36PM

Pay your bills.

Posted by: h7uw6 ()
Date: August 22, 2018 08:53PM

That is because the illegals don't pay. They use false names, false IDs and put down neighbors addresses in their communities then go and get treated. No one checks on whether their IDs are real or stolen, and the bills get sent out to the neighbors addresses too late to catch the illegal. You get to pay for that in tripled costs.

Posted by: inovasux ()
Date: October 16, 2018 07:47PM

Been dealing with INOVA billing within my Dr's office for months now. They submitted the claims to my insurance with the wrong info on me so insurance denied it, took me forever to get Inova to resubmit. The person I was dealing with is incompetent and has even lied about resubmitting, etc. This has been going on for months and is now being handled by the manager who apologizes and says it won't go to collections and they are working on it and guess what? Went to collections. Emailed them again, apologies and phone calls again, promises of it being taken care of and guess what? Just got a call from collections. This after insurance has paid some of it and I've paid some of it as it's still being resolved from the original screw-up by INOVA (was several claims, some are worked out others in progress), but they have been incompetent and apparently lied to me time and time again. I'm thinking of trying to find another dr not associated with INOVA because I've never experienced problems like this...ever. Problem is, I really like my dr and would rather not have to find someone else. Anyone got any names and numbers of anyone higher up in Inova "billing" that I can forward correspondence too to try to get this resolved? Really beyond frustrated at this point.

Posted by: Blue-America ()
Date: October 16, 2018 07:58PM

No one in a developed nation like the US should EVER have to pay a medical bill. Free healthcare falls under our right to “life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Posted by: I feel your pain. ()
Date: October 16, 2018 08:46PM

inovasux Wrote:
> Been dealing with INOVA billing within my Dr's
> office for months now. They submitted the claims
> to my insurance with the wrong info on me so
> insurance denied it, took me forever to get Inova
> to resubmit. The person I was dealing with is
> incompetent and has even lied about resubmitting,
> etc. This has been going on for months and is now
> being handled by the manager who apologizes and
> says it won't go to collections and they are
> working on it and guess what? Went to collections.
> Emailed them again, apologies and phone calls
> again, promises of it being taken care of and
> guess what? Just got a call from collections. This
> after insurance has paid some of it and I've paid
> some of it as it's still being resolved from the
> original screw-up by INOVA (was several claims,
> some are worked out others in progress), but they
> have been incompetent and apparently lied to me
> time and time again. I'm thinking of trying to
> find another dr not associated with INOVA because
> I've never experienced problems like this...ever.
> Problem is, I really like my dr and would rather
> not have to find someone else. Anyone got any
> names and numbers of anyone higher up in Inova
> "billing" that I can forward correspondence too to
> try to get this resolved? Really beyond frustrated
> at this point.

I feel your pain. You might have recourse by filing a complaint against them with your insurance. Abusive and incompetent billing practices, etc. They have a contract with your company and there are certain expectations with that. What is your insurance company?

You could also keep going up the chain to supervisors. Demand that this be removed from Collections. Hopefully you have names, dates, details of conversations.

Don't cave. It will just keep going on and on if you give in to this crap.

Posted by: tfkhgkjht ()
Date: October 17, 2018 07:57AM

bump

Posted by: Sam Mann ()
Date: October 17, 2018 09:06AM

You are not paying for your treatment you are paying for those who are treated and ignore the bills.

Posted by: 3WMGT ()
Date: October 17, 2018 03:41PM

Dear Reston------ Wrote:
> How did you think you could get away with trying
> to charge $400 for a thyroid test?

What kind of test was it? Some can be that expensive.

Posted by: ?!$)(:,!$$))!! ()
Date: October 17, 2018 05:41PM

3WMGT Wrote:
> Dear Reston------ Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > How did you think you could get away with
> trying
> > to charge $400 for a thyroid test?
>
>
> What kind of test was it? Some can be that
> expensive.

Plain old garden variety TSH. Come on.

Posted by: Greybeard ()
Date: October 17, 2018 10:59PM

I feel your pain. Wrote:
> I feel your pain. You might have recourse by
> filing a complaint against them with your
> insurance. Abusive and incompetent billing
> practices, etc. They have a contract with your
> company and there are certain expectations with
> that. What is your insurance company?
>
> You could also keep going up the chain to
> supervisors. Demand that this be removed from
> Collections. Hopefully you have names, dates,
> details of conversations.
>
> Don't cave. It will just keep going on and on if
> you give in to this crap.

Yep. I had a problem with INOVA and a lab playing "it's *their* problem, not ours" that got resolved only when the insurance company got involved. In my case, the insurer screwed up and double-paid me (I had paid out-of-pocket, foolishly thinking it would be easy to unwind later). Once the insurer wanted money, I told em, "When I'm whole, you'll be made whole". Suddenly, things got clarified!

So try to get their attention. Good luck!

Posted by: CatinBox ()
Date: March 24, 2019 09:20PM

I can advise you to find a good company that works in the field of medical billing. I can advise you one pretty professional company that works in this field and provides medical billing services. Here is a link to their website https://www.parkmedicalbilling.com/medical-billing-service/physical-therapy-billing-services/. Try to start searching for a solution to your problem from here. Just read more about it on their website.

Posted by: VXMWJ ()
Date: March 25, 2019 03:21AM

I haven't had health insurance for a while since I've been unemployed. Inova didn't charge me for a lot of things I couldn't pay for. I feel kind of bad. But on the other hand, in some countries you don't have to pay for healthcare..

Posted by: renaya ()
Date: February 25, 2021 06:46AM

My biggest problem is the bill after I exit the hospital rather than entering it at all. I think that the digitization of hospital services at least the level that they can be provided from home will be the new norm soon. I don't have money to spare visiting the doctor and paying hundreds of quid just for a simple answer.Also if you want for a consultation in a hospital you need to wait forever and ever, in lines so if you are working it really becomes something unnecessary to go through. In my humble opinion hospital should use more case management software If they want to reduce their costs and provide a cheaper healthcare for everyone.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2021 07:50PM by renaya.

Posted by: SEE HOW THAT CAN HAPPEN AROUND H ()
Date: February 27, 2021 08:50PM

SOME OF THE ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE FOUND THAT BY USING A FAKE ID THEY CAN GET MADE WITH A FALSE NAME, BUT USING THE EXISTING LEGITIMATE ADDRESS OF SOMEBODY ELSE LIVING IN THE AREA, THEY COULD GO TO THE MEDICAL SERVICES PLACES AND GET TREATED. THE MEDICAL INVOICE BILL WOULD BE SENT TO THE VICTIM ADDRESS AFTERWARDS THROUGH THE MAIL, AS IF THE ILLEGAL ALIEN "FAKE PERSON" ACTUALLY LIVED THERE. OUR NEIGHBORS GOT SEVERAL OF THOSE UNKNOWN INVOICES WHEN AN ILLEGAL ALIEN WOMAN WHO WENT TO LIVE IN A HOUSE DOWN THE STREET THAT WAS FULL OF OTHER ILLEGALS, HAD HER ANCHOR BABY THERE AND THE EMERGENCY TRANSPORT AMBULANCE TAKING HER TO THE MEDICAL HOSPITAL IN RESTON WAS SENT TO OUR NEIGHBOR, WHOSE ADDRESS SHE HAD USED TO GET AN ID. THERE WAS NO SUCH PERSON'S NAME LISTED IN ANY US DATABASE WHEN IT WAS TURNED OVER TO THE POLICE TO INVESTIGATE THE ISSUES, AND IT TOOK 6 MONTHS TO GET THE SUBSEQUENT MEDICAL BILLING TO THE NEIGHBORS STOPPED. THIS PLOY WORKS EASILY IN NORTHERN VIRGINIA BECAUSE ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS LOAD UP 20-30 TO A HOUSE, AND OTHER WORKING SINGLE PEOPLE VERY OFTEN RENT OUT ROOMS TO OTHER SINGLES, MANY OF WHOM ARE NEVER ADDED TO A LEGITIMATE GOVERNMENT REGISTER FOR CITIZENS BECAUSE THEY ARE CONSIDERED SHORT TERM "TRANSIENTS" AND DO NOT OWN THE APARTMENTS, ROOMS AND HOUSES THEY RENT IN.

Posted by: ersuckzs ()
Date: February 27, 2021 11:51PM

INOVA ER is the worst. There is a Neuro PA who is a fat pig and absolutely worthless. This is her second career and she is failing at it just like she failed at her first career. She sweats buckets and is just a gross person. It's a shame INOVA hired her.

Posted by: cancer survivor. ()
Date: February 28, 2021 12:54PM

I had cancer. They cured me.

I paid $4,000.00

My health insurance paid 1,200.000.00

Everything went smoothly including all the billing.

If INOVA had a dick I would suck it. They saved my life.

Posted by: Briicol ()
Date: March 16, 2021 09:43AM

renaya Wrote:
> My biggest problem is the bill after I exit the
> hospital rather than entering it at all. I think
> that the digitization of hospital services at
> least the level that they can be provided from
> home will be the new norm soon. I don't have money
> to spare visiting the doctor and paying hundreds
> of quid just for a simple answer.Also if you want
> for a consultation in a hospital you need to wait
> forever and ever, in lines so if you are working
> it really becomes something unnecessary to go
> through. In my humble opinion hospital should use
> more case
> management software
If they want to reduce
> their costs and provide a cheaper healthcare for
> everyone.

I totally agree that if they integrated technology more into the process our bills would be less.

Posted by: Milky Floor ()
Date: June 27, 2022 05:28AM

As a business owner, I can tell you that everyone faces billing problems, and it's actually hard to manage everything.

Posted by: @@@@@@@@@@@@ ()
Date: June 27, 2022 08:20AM

Milky Floor Wrote:
> As a business owner, I can tell you that everyone
> faces billing problems, and it's actually hard to
> manage everything.

Yes, but when you have a contract with an insurance company, or federal agreements like Medicare or Tricare, you need to figure it out. And when you goof, you need to take immediate steps to fix what you did wrong and stop harassing patients.

Posted by: The ghost of Harry Reid ()
Date: June 28, 2022 11:06AM

I had a total ass ectomyin R-17 at the Fairfax ADC by Dr Michael's and he didn't charge me. He told me it was on the House.

Posted by: Maximus ()
Date: June 28, 2022 11:56AM

Why won't you just work with reliable specialists to do everything for you? I can tell you that companies like https://fortismedicalbilling.com/medical-billing/ can provide great services to you, and it's way better than dealing with billing problems yourself. It's easy to make a mistake and lose a lot of money, so you should consider it.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.