HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Jamming = Mega fine and possible jail time.
Posted by: NOT Worth It ()
Date: July 22, 2018 05:30PM

“Jamming devices create serious safety risks,” said Michele Ellison, Chief of the FCC’s Enforcement Bureau. In the coming weeks and months, we’ll be intensifying our efforts through -partnerships with law enforcement agencies to crack down on those who continue to violate the law.
Through education, outreach, and aggressive enforcement, we’re tackling this problem head on.”

Ellison said, “While people who use jammers may think they are only silencing disruptive conversations or disabling unwanted GPS capabilities, they could also be preventing a scared teenager from calling 9-1-1, an elderly person from placing an urgent call to a doctor, or a rescue team from homing in on the location of a severely injured person. The price for one person's moment of peace or privacy, could be the safety and well-being of others.”

Jamming devices are radio frequency transmitters that intentionally block, jam, or interfere with lawful communications, such as cell phone calls, text messages, GPS systems, and Wi-Fi networks. Increasingly, online retailers tout small, inexpensive jammers as the solution for noisy classrooms, theaters, restaurants, or business meetings. However, jammers are indiscriminate – they can block critical public safety and other emergency communications along with the targeted transmissions. As such, jammers are illegal to market, sell, or use in the United States. A single violation of the jamming prohibition can result in tens of thousands of dollars in monetary penalties, seizure of the illegal device, and imprisonment.

Action by the Enforcement Bureau of the FCC on February 9, 2011 by Public Notice (DA 11-249; DA 11-250)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jamming = Mega fine and possible jail time.
Posted by: $$$$$$$$$ ()
Date: July 22, 2018 05:53PM

NOT Worth It Wrote:A
> single violation of the jamming prohibition can
> result in tens of thousands of dollars in monetary
> penalties, seizure of the illegal device, and
> imprisonment.

duh. checj out man in trouble for cell phone jammer on train on youtube. 48k fine and a felony charge. fuck yeaaaa

Posted by: kissmine ()
Date: July 22, 2018 10:08PM

I think someone on our culdesac uses one. How do I prove it and how do I turn them in?

Posted by: ccyjn ()
Date: July 22, 2018 10:52PM

kissmine Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think someone on our culdesac uses one. How do
> I prove it and how do I turn them in?

File a complaint with the FCC. In most cases they will have your local PD come out and use the equipment they have to detect the jammer. All you need to provide them with is the approximate time it will be used. They will come and hang out and man, oh man, if they bust your neighbor you can wave goodbye since most folks can't afford the types of fines that are associated with this. The fines are calculated by USE, not just owning. That adds up fucking fast.

You will get to laugh your ass off that any asshole thinks blocking someone's signal is their fucking right even if it means blocking a 911 call. That can be a life or death call and they deserve what they get. Stop buying your Chinese illegal crap you assholes!!!!!

Posted by: thankfully ()
Date: July 22, 2018 11:00PM

Jamming light is only an infraction. I primarily jam those annoying Poliscans in D.C and M.D.

Posted by: AnthonyCumia ()
Date: July 23, 2018 01:01AM

This lady annoyed me on the LIRR. I wish I had a jammer right fucking then.

Posted by: fart cutter ()
Date: July 23, 2018 08:43AM

I've seen a few around Fairfax. The cops don't do shit about it unless something is handed to them on a platter.

This is just one dude with a hard-on for them posting over and over on here about it.

Posted by: 495@50 ()
Date: July 23, 2018 09:05AM

I often loose my cell phone reception on 495 at route 50. I am unable to place a call, send a text or update my Facebook status while driving on the beltway south bound at route 50. It could be a jammer.

Posted by: jamtopsfart ()
Date: July 23, 2018 06:27PM

fart cutter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've seen a few around Fairfax. The cops don't do
> shit about it unless something is handed to them
> on a platter.
>
> This is just one dude with a hard-on for them
> posting over and over on here about it.

Kinda like the dude with a hard-on posting like they know it all about what cops will do as if all are the same?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.