HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Screw all these people who live in flood prone houses.
Posted by: Dryrone ()
Date: July 22, 2018 06:51AM

Every time we have heavy rains these people are on the local news talking about how bad their basement is flooded and all.
When buying a house I look at the lay of the land and talk to people who have lived nearby for years and I make sure I am selecting a flood resistant home. Fuck all these idiots who choose these homes that get flooded. The deserve everything they get.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Screw all these people who live in flood prone houses.
Posted by: Mike huntt ()
Date: July 22, 2018 07:06AM

Blow me

Posted by: On the other hand ()
Date: July 22, 2018 07:12AM

Many properties which are safe from flooding when they are built or bought become susceptible to flooding later when areas up or downstream are altered.

Posted by: fillmore crackz ()
Date: July 22, 2018 07:23AM

On the other hand Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Many properties which are safe from flooding when
> they are built or bought become susceptible to
> flooding later when areas up or downstream are
> altered.

That is true. I had a vacation cabin in WV that got flooded because some asshole damned up a creek 5 miles upstream from my cabin.

Posted by: Herbert Kornfeld ()
Date: July 22, 2018 07:55AM

You cheap bastards need to spend $1000 to $1500 on a sump pump with a backup sump pump with a battery backup.

Posted by: Herbert KornHoled ()
Date: July 22, 2018 08:08AM

I got an estimate for $16,875.00 for a sump pump, wiring, plumbing, pipes and excavation.

Posted by: Hairy Hoe Moaner ()
Date: July 22, 2018 08:20AM

Herbert KornHoled Wrote:
> I got an estimate for $16,875.00 for a sump pump,
> wiring, plumbing, pipes and excavation.

Was that from Michael and son?
I put one in about 10 years ago, rented a jackhammer and a backhoe, had a load of gravel dumped in the driveway and did it all myself. Total cost was about $3,600. In my case the electrical work was easy because my basement is mostly unfinished. I put in a water powered backup sump pump instead of battery powered. Those battery ones need a new battery every 4 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0ySHYi9fpo

Posted by: Trumptard... ()
Date: July 22, 2018 10:13AM

I hate these stupid drivers who have accidents that I end up paying for in higher premiums. Same with these damned sick people. They should realize that it's all about ME and stop screwing things up. Most of them will try to collect Social Security when they get old too! How is THAT going to help ME any?

Posted by: kdwnd ()
Date: July 22, 2018 10:28AM

Hairy, you are the Man. Bet you also have a 12 inch cock and testicles that hang down to your knees. Properly installing a basement waterproofing system including a sump pump with backup and a properly functioning french drain is beyond the ability of most homeowners in this area, including some with construction experience. A fucked up system is little better than none at all. I have no idea whether $16k is a reasonable price for a proper sump pump and french drain system today. Mine cost me about $9k ten years ago. I could have done it myself for $5k less. I could not have done it as quickly as they did, and I probably could not have done it as well as they did. That extra $5k was money well spent.

Posted by: vmxyj ()
Date: July 22, 2018 01:40PM

tom-silva

this man has generously made instructions on about anything you need including how any homeowner can prevent flooding. i did it a few times.

no one really has excuses

Posted by: gwluv ()
Date: July 22, 2018 01:41PM

Posted by: vkpue ()
Date: July 22, 2018 01:42PM

Herbert KornHoled Wrote:
> I got an estimate for $16,875.00 for a sump pump,
> wiring, plumbing, pipes and excavation.

another corrupt democrat filing false insurance claims using illegal hispanic contractors

i'm %100 sure dems in fairfax are doing it, i've seen neighbors do false work

Posted by: kxye6 ()
Date: July 22, 2018 01:45PM

tom silva says no to sump pumps, says they are a last resort to fixing the problem

Posted by: what everyone is thinking ()
Date: July 22, 2018 02:21PM

kxye6 Wrote:
> tom silva says no to sump pumps, says they are a
> last resort to fixing the problem

Tom Silva can eat a bag of dicks.

6 inches of rain in 12 hours and where the fuck is that water supposed to go? Is Tom Silva going to come over here and hold a bucket?

Posted by: Diy homeowner ()
Date: July 22, 2018 02:27PM

If your house needs a sump pump id be more worried about your foundation. Oh and french drains are easy to put in, takes some labor but it's pretty straight forward. I bought the drain for $30 on Amazon, $100 worth of pebbles and weekend with some brews.

Posted by: Greybeard ()
Date: July 22, 2018 09:30PM

I wish I'd known about water-powered backup sump pumps before we finished our basement. They use water pressure to drive the pump. I figure if the power is off AND the water is off, my basement is the least of my worries...

Posted by: Tex Antoine ()
Date: July 23, 2018 01:15PM

If you live in NoVa, you live in a place where marine clays are quite common. Even if you live at the top of a hill, these clays will expand and contract enough with varying levels of ground moisture to create pressures on foundation walls, eventually opening enough tiny cracks to allow hydrostatic pressure to push accumulating surface water into your basement. Many home builders install a sump pump in a new finished basement these days. For an unfinished basement, a medium-duty pump and a length of hose may be all you need. In any case, it's up to homeowners to be prepared, as it's certain that heavy rains will eventually happen here.

Posted by: bluebeard ()
Date: July 23, 2018 10:24PM

i steered the water into the neighbors yard, not my problem now. he obviously hasn't a clue and doesn't know

Posted by: LOL... ()
Date: July 24, 2018 07:47AM

Water-steering is for dumbfucks.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.