HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
"Dick" Comstock supporter (Staffer, maybe?), and Bab's Mom, interfere with people legally taping Bab's campaign appearance!
Posted by: Voter in the 10th ()
Date: July 16, 2018 11:04AM

Video here https://youtu.be/gRWWH-hlyrU

I guess they don't want a tape of a potential "Macaca" moment for Babs. She is campaigning, and she literally represents us. Why the tomfoolery?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: "Dick" Comstock supporter (Staffer, maybe?), and Bab's Mom, interfere with people legally taping Bab's campaign appearance!
Posted by: Loudoun Judy ()
Date: July 16, 2018 12:24PM

I saw this piece on Blue Virginia this morning, and here is my take.

I have had two opportunities to see Rep. Comstock on the campaign trail in my neighborhood. Both times, David Ramadan acted like her bodyguard and blocked people from talking with her. When I asked David later why he would not let people near the representative, he sad "now is not the place."

Her staff does not take phone calls, she does not hold town meetings, when she had a "telephone town hall," she packed it with friends asking friendly and stupid questions, she repeats Trump talking points like "children at the border grow up to be MS 13 members," and she shuts down her office phones before critical votes.

The young woman taping did not deserve the arrogant blockade she was given. She had an assignment, which she was trying to complete, and these clowns prevented her and us from seeing the candidate, and the candidate's message. Arrogance at its worst.

I applaud the young woman for her dignity towards the democratic process and her participation in that process. We need more people like her. I wholly condemn the actions of the supporter, who turned this politically positive action into a political bullying event. And as for the candidate's mother, shame on you. A mother is to be a role model for her children and their friends, a moral compass for young people, and someone for young people to emulate. Your actions will be a catalyst for future dirty tricks unless you apologize to the people you hurt by playing your silly, but undemocratic, game.

The filmers were there to do a job--a job participating in the democratic process that would have educated the voting population on the candidate. Your dirty tricks interfered with the sacred democratic process of campaigning and selecting a candidate to vote for. Mom, you tarnished that process.

Re: "Dick" Comstock supporter (Staffer, maybe?), and Bab's Mom, interfere with people legally taping Bab's campaign appearance!
Posted by: In her district ()
Date: July 16, 2018 01:48PM

What are they trying to hide?

Posted by: Arrogance ()
Date: July 18, 2018 07:14PM

Comstock's campaign workers are pretty arrogant.

On back to school night in 2016, a campaign worker posted Comstock signs along the school's sidewalk. When a school board official asked him to remove the signs, the campaign worker said "The only one who can tell me to remove the signs is my campaign manager."

After the official said he was going to call the police, the campaign worker finally pulled them from the ground.

Planting political signs on school property, except on Election Day, is considered destruction of property.

Posted by: Bye bye babs ()
Date: July 18, 2018 10:13PM

Now, Barbara is attacking Jennifer Wexton for receiving contributions from a transit workers union. Barbara even stated most transit workers live in Maryland. Class warfare, Babs??

Posted by: Blabs Bumpstock ()
Date: July 19, 2018 11:14AM

Bye bye babs Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Now, Barbara is attacking Jennifer Wexton for
> receiving contributions from a transit workers
> union. Barbara even stated most transit workers
> live in Maryland. Class warfare, Babs??

Wow! Blabs has all over the Russian blood money from the National Russian Association.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.