HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Verizon
Posted by: Bob KC ()
Date: July 11, 2018 04:59PM

This is how Verizon treats it’s customers, turning neighborhoods into their storage stations and leaving dangerous debris in the grass after they leave. Boycott Verizon until they show respect for Fairfax County residents.
Attachments:
992D523F-EC96-408C-B787-4539ABE58A8E.jpeg
5BC137DA-9B10-439C-AE1D-7C568445669A.jpeg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Verizon
Posted by: directv ()
Date: July 11, 2018 05:15PM

Yep, fuckers trenched through my back yard and also put a cement junction box in the ground. Never asked if it was okay. I buried the junction box with soil and mulch and planted plants on top. One day there was a knock at the door by a Verizon employee looking to inspect the box. I told her it was in the back corner, but I had buried it. "You buried it?" "Yes ma'am, I sure did." She walked into the backyard, looked at the area the box is, and went back to her truck and left. Guess she didn't want to get dirty trying to get to the box. They have never been back.

Posted by: STEVVMAC ()
Date: July 11, 2018 05:16PM

Verizon doesn't give a fuck. Fairfax was one of the last build-outs and they scrambled to finish it before the next budget cycle. More than a decade later it's still a fucking mess.

There's a reason they sold much of their plant to Frontier. FiOS is a financial disaster and is an albatross around VZ's neck for decades to come.

Posted by: BNF4L ()
Date: July 11, 2018 05:59PM

In my old apartment neighborhood west of Fairfax, Verizon's contractors buried their FIOS line inches away from the electrical line, which they barely nicked the Virginia Dominion Power electrical line. No issues at the time, but fast forward two years later, renovations were being done to the apartment building including replacing the siding. Those siding contractors were tugging on the FIOS and electrical lines going into the building while doing their work late that summer. Weeks later a lot of heavy rain over the weeks in the autumn (2011), I arrived home just after dark the Saturday after Halloween. The power in my unit as well as over a dozen other apartments was fluctuating from 75% power to 25% power back to 75% power every minute or so and then repeating the cycle, a bit spooky. VA Dominion Power was out within a half hour which took them most of the rest of the night to repair (2-3am) which they found their nicked line, plus the tugging which made a bigger cut in the line, and then a lot of rain water getting into the line caused the issue which I found out talking with one of the VA Power repairmen.

Posted by: Questionsforyou ()
Date: July 12, 2018 02:07PM

Over the past two decades Verizon has provided over a half billion dollars paying scholarships for a certain group. Who really bears the cost?

Verizon service techs and personnel working customer service simply suck in the NOVA area and on average are 25% more costly for services than competitors. No saying the alternatives are any better but, similar service for 25% less is a fair amount of money annually.

Look at the top tier VP's and Executives living large at Verizon and you will see why this provider charges significantly more money. I don't care to make them rich for sitting on their asses.

Posted by: FWP ()
Date: July 12, 2018 02:29PM

First world problems fuck you.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.