HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
17-year-old driver dies after car speeds off road, hits tree in Clifton.; 2 other teens injured
Posted by: Fox News ()
Date: July 11, 2018 04:07PM

Teens_Seriously_Hurt_When_SUV_Hits_Tree.

https://wtop.com/fairfax-county/2018/07/3-teens-injured-after-car-speeds-off-road-hits-tree-in-fairfax-co/

The 17-year-old driver of a speeding car that crashed into a tree in Fairfax County Tuesday afternoon has died.

Fairfax County police say three teens were traveling westbound on Fairfax Station Road in a 2005 Jeep when the car left the roadway and hit a tree near the intersection with Colewood Estates Road around 2 p.m.

The vehicle was left mangled on the side of the road following the accident.

Police said Wednesday that the 17-year-old behind the wheel died overnight. Another teen is at the hospital Wednesday; the other passenger was treated for non-life-threatening injuries and released.

Police have not released the name of the teen who died. The names and ages of the other teens have not been released.

Alcohol does not appear to be a factor in the crash, police said; however, speed does appear to have played a role in the crash. Officials have not released information about how fast the car was traveling at the time of the crash.

The crash remains under investigation.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2018 04:19PM by Fox News.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 17-year-old driver dies after car speeds off road, hits tree in Clifton.; 2 other teens injured
Date: July 11, 2018 04:11PM

Re: 17-year-old driver dies after car speeds off road, hits tree in Clifton.; 2 other teens injured
Date: July 11, 2018 04:21PM

https://fcpdnews.wordpress.com/2018/07/11/update-burke-teen-dies-as-a-result-of-crash-in-clifton/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

The 17-year-old driver of the car involved in yesterday’s crash died overnight. Alcohol does not appear to be a factor, however, detectives believe speed was. One passenger remains in the hospital. The other passenger was treated for non-life threatening injuries and released.

The names of the driver and passengers are not being released due to legal restictions contained within Virginia Code § 16.1-300.

For ongoing updates, please read our blog and follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram at @FairfaxCountyPD.

(Original release date: July 10, 2018)
Detectives Investigate Crash in Clifton
Sully Police District – Our Crash Reconstruction Unit is investigating a collision that injured three teenagers. Detectives believe speed was a factor. Officers responded to Fairfax Station Road near Colewood Estates Road around 1:55 this afternoon for the report of a single car crash. A 2005 Jeep was traveling westbound on Fairfax Station Road when the car left the roadway and hit a tree. Two of the teens were taken to the hospital by helicopter with life-threatening injuries. The third teen was taken to the hospital by ambulance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2018 03:52PM by Fox News.

Posted by: Natural Selection ()
Date: July 11, 2018 04:46PM

Yes, tree always wins. We see this story every year in the summer/fall.

Posted by: Poor tree ()
Date: July 11, 2018 06:05PM

I hope the tree is okay.

Posted by: Only in a Jeep ()
Date: July 11, 2018 06:31PM

4-wheeling!

Posted by: Question for parents ()
Date: July 11, 2018 06:39PM

Is the Jeep Cherokee for sale?

Posted by: David.Caruso ()
Date: July 11, 2018 06:58PM

It looks like the Jeep was trail rated. Too bad it wasn't...

(Roger Daltrey screams and I put on sunglasses)

...tree rated.

Posted by: Is the car ()
Date: July 11, 2018 07:36PM

For sale? Looking for a good deal. Don't mind Blood and brains.
Attachments:
IMG_1112.JPG

Posted by: Vijay S ()
Date: July 11, 2018 09:50PM

Very sad news. His name was Conner McGowan and he was a junior at Robinson. Great student and Lacrosse player. Very bad roads in Clifton that should be made more safe.

Posted by: Lacrosse player ()
Date: July 11, 2018 10:29PM

Rest in peace Conner! You left us too soon but you are Heaven now!
Attachments:
untitled.png

Posted by: Giant Rabbits ()
Date: July 12, 2018 04:02AM

Tree - 1
Jeep - 0

Posted by: NEWSFLASH!!!!!!!!!! ()
Date: July 12, 2018 05:39AM

Teen drivers are stupid and reckless.

More at 11.

Posted by: Jeep cherokee ()
Date: July 12, 2018 06:28AM

Womp womp
Attachments:
03B6B512-2188-4E72-A6A0-4E5D52E61912.jpeg

Posted by: No changes ()
Date: July 12, 2018 06:33AM

Is the car Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> For sale? Looking for a good deal. Don't mind
> Blood and brains.

I’m sorry if you lost a friend, but the roads in Clifton should NOT be changed. They are perfectly safe if you follow the rules of the road and the posted speed limit. If you change the roads you damage the character of that part of Fairfax. You could just as easily say “changing the driving age to 21” and I’d oppose that suggestion too. The driver did something foolish and paid the price along with his friends. It was a bad choice, but it was his choice. No one else should suffer because he did something stupid.

Posted by: No changes. ()
Date: July 12, 2018 06:36AM

Vijay S Wrote:
> Very sad news. His name was Conner McGowan and he
> was a junior at Robinson. Great student and
> Lacrosse player. Very bad roads in Clifton that
> should be made more safe.

Oops. My earlier post was meant for you, Vijay, not the off to buy the wreck.

Posted by: pay attention and take it easy! ()
Date: July 12, 2018 11:31AM

It's not the roads fault. People need to drive responsibly. Parents have to continually enforce this to their kids, especially teenagers. But adults are not good examples either, driving recklessly, and especially operating a motor vehicle while playing with their phone.
It's really pathetic that so many people could be so stupid.
Sorry for the families but again, it has nothing to do with the road.

Posted by: Teenage Wasteland ()
Date: July 12, 2018 12:28PM

There are a few teenage drivers in my neighborhood and I've noticed that they all do two things. They drive too fast and they have their cell phones in their hands.

I'm guessing one or both of these things contributed to this senseless accident.

Posted by: nigga what? ()
Date: July 12, 2018 12:49PM

Vijay S Wrote:
> Very sad news. His name was Conner McGowan and he
> was a junior at Robinson. Great student and
> Lacrosse player. Very bad roads in Clifton that
> should be made more safe.

Solid libtard work. Blame the road.

Posted by: toxicology reports ()
Date: July 12, 2018 01:41PM

When the toxicology reports come back we will know just exactly how drunk and high Conner McGowan was at the time of his suicide attempt.

Posted by: Valedictorian at drivers ED ()
Date: July 12, 2018 01:41PM

Family is happy that another kid won’t have to go to NVCC

Posted by: jeep = chrysler trash ()
Date: July 12, 2018 01:55PM

He would have lived had he been driving just about any other car.

Posted by: Sad story , sorry looking for ()
Date: July 12, 2018 03:32PM

Good deals!

https://youtu.be/g8DGrc1uh7I
Attachments:
IMG_1112.JPG

Posted by: I was dumb as a kid ()
Date: July 12, 2018 03:32PM

We used to fly down Clifton roads 30 years ago. Dumb as hell, but we did it in more stable cars. Condolences to those that lived the kid

Posted by: hometown newz ()
Date: July 12, 2018 04:53PM

Teenage Wasteland Wrote:
> There are a few teenage drivers in my neighborhood
> and I've noticed that they all do two things.
> They drive too fast and they have their cell
> phones in their hands.
>
> I'm guessing one or both of these things
> contributed to this senseless accident.

Drunk, high on weed, speeding, texting and being a selfish asshole are what caused the crash.

Posted by: Vijay S ()
Date: July 12, 2018 06:50PM

nigga what? Wrote:
> Vijay S Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Very sad news. His name was Conner McGowan and
> he
> > was a junior at Robinson. Great student and
> > Lacrosse player. Very bad roads in Clifton that
> > should be made more safe.
>
>
> Solid libtard work. Blame the road.

I am suggesting on more warning signs on many Clifton Roads that are extremely dangerous if you are not familiar with them. Decrease the speed limit and more warning signs will save lives and injuries which is a good thing. All this nonsense talk on this website is very troubling. Some are flat out lying about Conner and it is disgusting and sad. Just remember God sees everything.

Posted by: Beatnuts ()
Date: July 12, 2018 07:15PM

Posted by: Slowthefdown ()
Date: July 12, 2018 07:17PM

Vijay S Wrote:
> nigga what? Wrote:
> -----
> > Vijay S Wrote
>
> I am suggesting on more warning signs on many
> Clifton Roads that are extremely dangerous if you
> are not familiar with them. Decrease the speed
> limit and more warning signs will save lives and
> injuries which is a good thing.

You don't need more warning signs to tell you that those roads are winding and you need to be cautious. As you drive along it's very obvious, so you SLOW down. You think a posted lower speed limit would have stopped this kid from speeding? Allegedly, speed was a factor in this crash. I've seen tweets from the friends of the rapper from the Barrington hood about flying down those roads and around the curves. They think it was so cool and LOL-able. I was expecting for this type of crash to happen to one of them.

Posted by: THE bottom line here...... ()
Date: July 12, 2018 07:59PM

The reason this kid is dead and another may be dead soon is SHITTY PARENTING! Don't blame the kid, he was a victim of his really bad parents.

Posted by: Dat Jeep looks like it ran into ()
Date: July 12, 2018 08:14PM

https://youtu.be/WYtv4UBmCk4

Iron Mike Tyson!
Attachments:
IMG_1203.JPG

Posted by: 20MPH ()
Date: July 12, 2018 09:12PM

Vijay S Wrote:
> nigga what? Wrote:
> -----
> > Vijay S Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Very sad news. His name was Conner McGowan
> and
> > he
> > > was a junior at Robinson. Great student and
> > > Lacrosse player. Very bad roads in Clifton
> that
> > > should be made more safe.
> >
> >
> > Solid libtard work. Blame the road.
>
> I am suggesting on more warning signs on many
> Clifton Roads that are extremely dangerous if you
> are not familiar with them. Decrease the speed
> limit and more warning signs will save lives and
> injuries which is a good thing. All this nonsense
> talk on this website is very troubling. Some are
> flat out lying about Conner and it is disgusting
> and sad. Just remember God sees everything.

Vijay, the speed limit where the kid crashed is 20 MPH. Lowering the posted speed won’t help. The only thing that will help is for teens to follow the law.

Posted by: Diehard Lib ()
Date: July 12, 2018 10:15PM

This would not have happened if the speed limit was 18mph.

Posted by: Thanks fo the laughs ()
Date: July 13, 2018 12:12AM

Diehard Lib Wrote:https://youtu.be/uaQ1vXdf1Q0
> This would not have happened if the speed limit
> was 18mph.
Attachments:
IMG_1261.GIF

Posted by: Spot on ()
Date: July 13, 2018 12:24AM

Dat Jeep looks like it ran into Wrote:https://youtu.be/xCgZxrf8nrU
> https://youtu.be/WYtv4UBmCk4
>
> Iron Mike Tyson!
Attachments:
IMG_1203.JPG

Posted by: Mature adult ()
Date: July 13, 2018 01:00PM

Extremely sad for the parents, I can't imagine losing your child like that.

Nevertheless, I'm often surprised the kinds of vehicles many parents give their inexperienced teen drivers. SUVs that are less stable at speed and rollover prone, some kids I see driving sports cars, etc. I think teens should be driving Honda accords and whatnot until they gain enough experience to manage less stable vehicles, but a lot of parents do not seem to think like that.

Posted by: Leonard Skinner ()
Date: July 13, 2018 01:46PM

Whiskey bottles
Brand new cars
Oak tree you're in my way

Posted by: should woulda ()
Date: July 13, 2018 01:50PM

Probably had Walmart China tires, they would have all be fine had they been fine if they had some Michelin super sports

Posted by: Crash Test Dummy ()
Date: July 13, 2018 03:03PM

Posted by: RSS employee ()
Date: July 13, 2018 05:37PM

THE bottom line here...... Wrote:
> The reason this kid is dead and another may be
> dead soon is SHITTY PARENTING! Don't blame the
> kid, he was a victim of his really bad parents.

I know you are trolling but there is in fact a serious issue with the parents in this case.

Posted by: Sad Observer ()
Date: July 13, 2018 06:31PM

Drive this stretch of road many times a week... hill hopping on this, and a few other Clifton roads = insanity.

Police have reported alcohol wasn’t a factor. Any word on whether pot was an issue? The Robinson lacrosse team has quite the reputation...

Posted by: pot = slow drivers ()
Date: July 13, 2018 09:04PM

Sad Observer Wrote:
> Drive this stretch of road many times a week...
> hill hopping on this, and a few other Clifton
> roads = insanity.
>
> Police have reported alcohol wasn’t a factor.
> Any word on whether pot was an issue? The Robinson
> lacrosse team has quite the reputation...

He was speeding, so he probably wasn't high

Posted by: RIP Shit Head ()
Date: July 14, 2018 12:57AM

Posted by: Jeeping ()
Date: July 14, 2018 01:14AM

Posted by: Sad But Not Unexpected ()
Date: July 14, 2018 01:16AM

Terrible tragedy for the parents of these kids. I lived on that stretch of Fairfax Station Road and still live nearby. Every day I hear people gunning down that road and endangering everyone else, including my family. I wish the police would at least occassionally position officers around there to serve as a deterrent.

Posted by: Fag alert ()
Date: July 14, 2018 01:25AM

Sad But Not Unexpected Wrote:
> Terrible tragedy for the parents of these kids. I
> lived on that stretch of Fairfax Station Road and
> still live nearby. Every day I hear people gunning
> down that road and endangering everyone else,
> including my family. I wish the police would at
> least occassionally position officers around there
> to serve as a deterrent.

Go fill a cooler with ice and beer, and suck your boyfriend's dick.
Attachments:
IMG_1161.JPG

Posted by: Sad Observer ()
Date: July 14, 2018 06:02AM

Sad But Not Unexpected Wrote:
> Terrible tragedy for the parents of these kids. I
> lived on that stretch of Fairfax Station Road and
> still live nearby. Every day I hear people gunning
> down that road and endangering everyone else,
> including my family. I wish the police would at
> least occassionally position officers around there
> to serve as a deterrent.

Clifton residents have had a meeting with police last fall bringing up concerns about speeding and illegal dangerous passing on the two lane roads... Especially Clifton Rd, Chapel, and Fairfax Station. There's an organized group now devoted to trying to get support from the police. They have been pleading for more enforcement for over a year. Tim Hugo has been personally alerted of these issues on these roads, and multiple residents have volunteered driveways for the police to sit in so they can safely conduct traffic enforcement on these roads (which have no shoulders).

I don't know about you, but I have seen almost ZERO effort on the part of FCPD. Except when they position themselves near the triangle or town... Which are not the dangerous areas. Just the easiest to sit at.

This was incredibly predictable. Sad, but not unexpected indeed.

Posted by: The driver ()
Date: July 14, 2018 07:36PM

Posted by: Mike huntt ()
Date: January 17, 2019 06:15AM

How’s the tree doing?

Posted by: Sympathies3278 ()
Date: January 17, 2019 08:04AM

Heartbreaking.

Posted by: Hfhd ()
Date: January 17, 2019 09:33AM

We used to put the mangled wreckage on the front lawn of the school to teach a lesson. Hoping that others would learn from the dead teens mistake. Then liberals cried it was too emotionally harsh. The tree is a lot harsher, that was the point. Learn from it so you don’t end up the same way.

Posted by: Conscienceic ()
Date: January 17, 2019 09:46AM

^is that really true? Parents thought too horrible to exhibit? If so, it is shocking that we produce such ignorant people. We use to be a smart country. How does this happen that people can’t think beyond their feelings?

And thanks Hfhd for your attempt to turn a sad individual’s attempt at being deplorable into a thoughtful conversation.

Posted by: hfbsna ()
Date: January 17, 2019 11:56AM

Yeah I remember in high school they would put mangled cars out front of the school. Of course it was the liberals who bitched. What’s new? RIP to the young man, praying for his family as well.

Posted by: Fghjjjh ()
Date: January 17, 2019 01:31PM

Parents used to care more about their kids survival and preparing them for the REAL WORLD. Now they only care about not hurting their feelings.

Posted by: Derpers gonna derp ()
Date: January 17, 2019 02:40PM

Hfhd Wrote:
> We used to put the mangled wreckage on the front
> lawn of the school to teach a lesson. Hoping that
> others would learn from the dead teens mistake.
> Then liberals cried it was too emotionally harsh.
> The tree is a lot harsher, that was the point.
> Learn from it so you don’t end up the same way.

Yeah, those pesky liberals killing everybody.

They still do the wreck displays, stupid.

In VA
https://www.drivesafehr.org/get-involved/impaired-driving-prevention/

Even in Florida
https://www.tallahassee.com/story/life/2018/02/24/crashed-car-tour-coming-capitol/366384002/

Posted by: hdut7 ()
Date: January 17, 2019 08:58PM

if everyone is locked up so that no harm can be done, they will start killing to get out of the "prison world" 1984

Posted by: y4wpn ()
Date: January 17, 2019 08:59PM

Sympathies3278 Wrote:
> Heartbreaking.

tree braking

Posted by: hkchd ()
Date: January 17, 2019 09:01PM

Diehard Lib Wrote:
> This would not have happened if the speed limit
> was 18mph.

a SLOW sign would have helped - if there wasn't one

Posted by: d36cy ()
Date: January 17, 2019 09:04PM

Slowthefdown Wrote:
> Vijay S Wrote:
> -----
> > nigga what? Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Vijay S Wrote
> >
> > I am suggesting on more warning signs on many
> > Clifton Roads that are extremely dangerous if
> you
> > are not familiar with them. Decrease the speed
> > limit and more warning signs will save lives
> and
> > injuries which is a good thing.
>
> You don't need more warning signs to tell you
> that those roads are winding and you need to be
> cautious. As you drive along it's very obvious, so
> you SLOW down. You think a posted lower speed
> limit would have stopped this kid from speeding?
> Allegedly, speed was a factor in this crash. I've
> seen tweets from the friends of the rapper from
> the Barrington hood about flying down those roads
> and around the curves. They think it was so cool
> and LOL-able. I was expecting for this type of
> crash to happen to one of them.

i live near a curvy road

there is maybe one S (ess) sign on the whole thing but accidents everywhere along it

the accidents are mostly city people who don't know what to do if a road isn't straight and new residents who didn't grow up with the danger

my bet is let's check the CLINTON OBAMA driver's ed classes we find "good driving instructions" have been replaced by continual police threats and dwi dui propaganda

Posted by: 3dncf ()
Date: January 17, 2019 09:06PM

some teens are destined to learn "why not to speed" the hard way. you tell them, they agree, then go and do it anyway

it wouldn't be bad to do a better job on teaching kids why not to speed other than just threatening them not ot and having an officer brandish guns and threatening them anything police say "goes"

Posted by: 14&Clifton ()
Date: January 19, 2019 12:52AM

Posted by: OG Tree ()
Date: January 19, 2019 01:19AM

Posted by: jt3ev ()
Date: January 19, 2019 09:21PM

is mr T playing baseball? jewelry isn't allow on the field in sports

why in the world didn't the ref call it?

Posted by: k3hu4 ()
Date: January 19, 2019 09:23PM

california i think was the first to institute the innovative program of training kids on "driving courses" where loss of control could be realized

california also had the initiatibe (in the 80's) that kids could work/train 1/2 day vocationally and do the other 1/2 day with "philosophical study" and be better off - it was a plan Clinton completely rejected

Posted by: Sophia777 ()
Date: May 23, 2022 02:43PM

Except for the driving courses, there should be educational programs for teenagers, so they are aware of the consequences of impaired driving. Also, parents should be involved.

Posted by: Frank7788 ()
Date: May 23, 2022 02:48PM

Sophia777 Wrote:
> Except for the driving courses, there should be
> educational programs for teenagers, so they are
> aware of the consequences of impaired driving.
> Also, parents should be involved.

I absolutely agree that parents and schools should be involved in such educational programs. My friend is a lawyer here who deals with drivers impaired by alcohol or drug usage. Of course, this is his job, but I am surprised by how many people address him. Also, I understand how many such drivers are not caught.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2022 11:14AM by Frank7788.

Posted by: Not trail rated ()
Date: May 23, 2022 08:38PM

That's a laredo it's not trail rated

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.