HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
"warning" ticket? What does this do?
Posted by: taylord ()
Date: January 11, 2007 08:57PM

Does this do anything? I am a minor, and just got off on a warning for pulling in front of my friend, what does this do? Do i have to do anyhing? Currently im on the policy of 6 months of generally good behavior and i get my speeding ticket off my record, does this effect that? do i have to go to court?

thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: "warning" ticket? What does this do?
Posted by: DUDE ()
Date: January 11, 2007 09:24PM

y don't you read the fucking ticket and see what it says!!!!

Posted by: girl ()
Date: January 11, 2007 09:25PM

amen...

Posted by: Firrat ()
Date: January 11, 2007 09:41PM

Warning doesnt do anything your fine......

Posted by: slinkeyts ()
Date: January 11, 2007 09:43PM

okay you dumbass i have a warning ticket of my own sitting right next to me. let me read it to you...

This warning has been issued to you for the violation of law shown below. the warning has been issued at the officer's discretion as a courtesy in lieu of a summons to court. Your future compliance witht the law will help make our community safer for everyone. Please drive carefully, and thank you for the copperation

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: January 12, 2007 09:17AM

Don't you have to be able to read in order to take the written part of the driver's test these days? Then again letting idiots have licenses is nothing new.

Posted by: cherrytop ()
Date: January 12, 2007 12:08PM

Why dont you ask your mom and dad? This may be your first ticket but im sure it wont be your last

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: January 12, 2007 04:08PM

Because obviously he/she didn't tell mom and dad. The purpose of the question was to find out if there was any way mom and dad could find out about what happened.

Posted by: TRICKIE ()
Date: January 12, 2007 05:09PM

You are very lucky. A warning ticket from a police officer means that it is just a warning and not a real ticket. You have no fine and will not have to go to court. I got one once because I was sitting at a no turn on red sign. Some big oaf behind me kept honking for me to go, so I did. We both got stopped by a policeman. I started to cry and told the policeman that I was sorry but the honking behind me caused me to panic so I went. He gave me a warning but gave the impatient honker a real ticket. I was lucky. Now I obey every sign even if people honk or yell at me. People give me the finger all the time because I obey the speed limit but I never want to get a ticket.
Let this be a lesson to you and follow all the laws. Plus always be nice to the police man and do not act snippy or try to deny stuff. You can throw the warning ticket away and just be glad you didn't get in a wreck or anything.

trickie

Posted by: Firrat ()
Date: January 13, 2007 02:57AM

Whats up with people going nuts over a kid asking about a warning ticket?

I dont understand how anger sparks out of some of you for the dumbest reason....

Sadly this isnt even something to get yourself all worked up over....

Posted by: ffxn8v ()
Date: January 13, 2007 09:17AM

Nothing will come of the warning - *HOWEVER, if the police dept. computers keep records of the warning you were issued, the next time you get pulled over, you might not be so fortunate.

This remindes me - About two decades ago, my friends and I left the beach. We had two seperate cars and my friends left in one car while my buddy and I stopped for a 2am snack.

They had been up the road about 20 minutes when we finished up and tried to catch them - going faster & faster, we never did catch up to them...

About 45 or so minutes into the trip, we got pulled over and given a written warning for 60 in a 55. The Trooper said he thought our speed was in excess of 120 mph.

20 seconds prior to being pulled over, we had slowed for a car full of girls waving - they were actually waving us to slow down for the Trooper that was up the road who had just passed them (we had stopped to chat once we got moving on the road and caught up ;-) )

Anyways, nothing ever came of the warning, but if it is the computer, it may offer prejudice for the next officer that pulls you over.

Posted by: Nik ()
Date: January 13, 2007 07:21PM

ffxn8v, did anything come of the car full of girls?

----------------
WHERE'S THE BEEF

Posted by: ffxn8v ()
Date: January 13, 2007 07:53PM

Nik Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ffxn8v, did anything come of the car full of
> girls?

We wound up just sitting around for a few hours chatting, and it resulted in a few trips back to the beach where they were living for the summer ;-)

One of the best parts of the trip, was crossing one of the bridges as the sun came up at 145. The glow of the sun was just comin up, as we raced a Ferrari 308 to the other side. They lost.

As for our friends in the other car, I almost forgot. One of the guys wanted to stop for cigarettes, and they saw us rip past and figured they would never catch up. They were in a late 70's Thunderbird. Not quite a performane powerhouse...

Wow, those were the days! Thanks.

Posted by: Evelyn ()
Date: October 26, 2011 09:07PM

Wow,...A lot of you people are mean. I saw maybe three people give this kid a straight answer to an honest question. Sure, this person should probably already know what to do with a warning ticket, but yeesh. Some of you jerks on here overestimate the public school systems of late. At least the kid asked, and wasn't content to remain in ignorance. Just be nice for pity's sake.
Arrogance solves nothing.
Asswholes make things worse.
Get over your pathetic needs to feel better than everybody else, grow a pair, and find the strength to leave the world a little brighter. Be an adult.
Damn.

Glad you didn't just sit there kid. Never stop looking for answers. Drive safely.

-evelyn

Posted by: JustCurious ()
Date: October 26, 2011 09:11PM

ffxn8v Wrote:
> Nik Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > ffxn8v, did anything come of the car full of
> > girls?
>
>
>
> __________________________________________________
> ________________________
>
> We wound up just sitting around for a few hours
> chatting, and it resulted in a few trips back to
> the beach where they were living for the summer
> ;-)
>
> One of the best parts of the trip, was crossing
> one of the bridges as the sun came up at 145. The
> glow of the sun was just comin up, as we raced a
> Ferrari 308 to the other side. They lost.
>
> As for our friends in the other car, I almost
> forgot. One of the guys wanted to stop for
> cigarettes, and they saw us rip past and figured
> they would never catch up. They were in a late
> 70's Thunderbird. Not quite a performane
> powerhouse...
>
>
> Wow, those were the days! Thanks.

What were you in?

Posted by: BB*X ()
Date: October 28, 2011 10:27AM

"People give me the finger all the time because I obey the speed limit but I never want to get a ticket. "

Get in the right lane and no one will give you the finger. I've never understood the people that are this paranoid about getting a ticket. It's a damn ticket and not that big of a deal. Why are you so concerned with not getting a ticket that you are willing to piss off everyone around you on the road? Just keep up with the car in front of you, I don't care if the guy in front of you is doing 60 in the right lane on the parkway, keep up. It is much more dangerous to have one idiot going exactly 50, while everyone on the road is bobbing and weaving to get around you, than it is for you to speed up to 60 and keep pace with the car in front of you.

Posted by: TOAST! ()
Date: October 28, 2011 12:27PM

IF you get stopped again, the officer will be able to see you had a written warning before. Much more likely to get a ticket at that point - over time probably less an issue. Just don't drive like one of these idiot need for speed turds in your clapped out gangsta civic you tit and you will be fine.

Oh, by the way a written confirmation of the warning is also mailed to the owner or owners (if more than one) of the car so moms and pops is gonna find out anyway.

Posted by: Thelaw ()
Date: February 01, 2012 11:50PM

U r the misimformed. Warning ticket matters.

Posted by: BS ()
Date: February 02, 2012 12:00AM

A warning ticket means the officer was almost off duty and he didn't feel like taking the time to write out a full ticket. They mean nothing. I have a few over the last 10 years. Officers can't see them and neither can the insurance company. In all fairness I have received 2 in VA and 2 in MD and neither was in the same county. Minor offenses and if you are nice and lucky you can usually escape ticket free.

Posted by: justsayin ()
Date: February 02, 2012 08:44AM

TOAST! Wrote:
> Oh, by the way a written confirmation of the
> warning is also mailed to the owner or owners (if
> more than one) of the car so moms and pops is
> gonna find out anyway.

Load of bullshit. Nothing is mailed.

Posted by: You got lucky! Thats all! ()
Date: February 02, 2012 09:27AM

Warning Will Robinson, warning... now go away and don't do that again. Next time , you won't be so lucky!

Posted by: alh ()
Date: February 02, 2012 11:11AM

The warning means nothing unless the officer enters it into the Field Contact Database. If it's entered into the database, then the next time you get pulled over or questioned by police in the same jurisdiction as your previous warning, they will see the warning from your previous encounter with police.

As far as insurance or DMV, they are not informed of the warning. The warning is a record that only you and the police in that jurisdiction are aware of.

Posted by: Morgan Oller ()
Date: June 06, 2012 11:52AM

Would my parents be able to find out though? Is something mailed to them?

Posted by: Officer of the law ()
Date: June 08, 2012 05:13AM

Yes, generally a letter is mailed to your home address informing them that their vehicle and child was involved in a warning/citation/accident (whichever it may be). It's usually best if you tell your parents before they get that letter for your sake. From my experience, parents are more understanding when their children are honest and upfront with them.

Posted by: sumpthinold ()
Date: May 09, 2016 09:02PM

I beg to differ. If you are a CDL driver it goes on your CSA score and is counted as a violations just as if you had been ticketed.....except you cant fight it.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.