HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous12All
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Now that most of the Shoppers Food Warehouse stores are closing will you miss them???
Posted by: green grass ()
Date: March 19, 2019 08:37PM

Fair city SFW is going to become a Giant.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Now that most of the Shoppers Food Warehouse stores are closing will you miss them???
Posted by: Old timer2 ()
Date: March 19, 2019 09:31PM

How long will they take to open after Sfw closes? Funny because Giant was in the site now occupied by Ross in the same plaza area.

Posted by: V ()
Date: March 30, 2019 05:41PM

SFW bagel liker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 3 Sundays in a row with no SFW ad in the WaPo. The
> beginning of the end for SFW has begun.

Ditto. As of this week Shoppers still has ads in their Midweek Mailer.

W3KYG Wrote:
> cemu4 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Fair City Mall Shoppers will close in July I'm
> > told.
>
>
> Are you the same one who was told it would be
> closing last August?

This is actually true I believe. There's another thread that states how that space is available according to the center's owner. Still a damn shame.

green grass Wrote:
> Fair city SFW is going to become a Giant.

Can't really substantiate this - unless the Scout at the Circle store is not happening, I doubt this space will go to them. Perhaps Safeway or Harris Teeter?

Posted by: homestyle foods ()
Date: March 31, 2019 07:11AM

V Wrote:
> Can't really substantiate this - unless the Scout
> at the Circle store is not happening, I doubt this
> space will go to them. Perhaps Safeway or Harris
> Teeter?

A guy at work said supposedly they’re putting in a Ukrop’s

Posted by: Mike huntt ()
Date: March 31, 2019 07:27AM

colossal donuts... NIGGER

Posted by: MS ()
Date: April 06, 2019 12:18PM

How am I supposed to live without Shoppers?
After I've been shopping there so long?
Tell me how am I supposed to carry on?
When the store that I love so much is gone?

Date: April 06, 2019 08:01PM

homestyle foods Wrote:
> V Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----.
> > Can't really substantiate this - unless the
> Scout
> > at the Circle store is not happening, I doubt
> this
> > space will go to them. Perhaps Safeway or
> Harris
> > Teeter?
>
> A guy at work said supposedly they’re putting in
> a Ukrop’s

Fake news - unless it's Giant (which more directly took over Ukrop's) or Publix going in.

~Presented by V (the 5th)

Date: April 14, 2019 11:24AM

Also guys... a bit of an update: Shoppers is closing their pharmacies. Make sure to get your stuff taken care of in case you're a pharmacy patron there.

http://www.ufcw400.org/2019/04/11/shoppers-plans-to-close-all-30-pharmacies/

~Presented by V (the 5th)

Posted by: Squeaky Carts ()
Date: December 21, 2019 12:46PM

Looks like Compare Foods will take over most of the SFW stores and a few stores will be sold to Giant. Compare foods is pretty good I have been to some of them down in NC.

https://www.shopcomparefoods.com/

Posted by: Kevibruy ()
Date: February 25, 2021 02:49AM

Ebt user Wrote:
> Aldi is now the go to place for ebt customers.

On Thursday, Kroger and its family of grocery stores (which include Dillons, Harris Teeter, King Soopers, and Ralphs) announced that SNAP benefits can now be used at 2,800 locations nationwide for pickup orders. Shop at Harris TeeterHarris Teeter Food using your VIC card. Every Thursday, if you are 60 or over, you will receive a 5% discount! In addition, it applies after all coupons and VIC discounts are deducted.

Posted by: hot dang ()
Date: February 25, 2021 07:47AM

Anyone remember when Shoppers Food Warehouse first opened? Back then it really was like shopping in a warehouse. Very bare bones with decent discounts on food.

Over the years, Shoppers evolved into more of a regular grocery store. It lost that warehouse feel and couldn't compete against Costco, SAMS, BJs and even Walmart.

Posted by: chicken buyer ()
Date: July 10, 2021 12:15PM

SFW in Fairfax is still open. I love it!

Posted by: How About The One On 29 ()
Date: July 10, 2021 01:01PM

The Shoppers by Home Depot just past Fairfax Wegmans or the Centerville one by 66 , I saw the Stafford rt 610 95 exit one was still open , Lorton closed Kingstown long closed

Posted by: BTW Wal Mart ()
Date: July 10, 2021 01:04PM

Looks like their having problems stocking foods as things are in disarray in many aisles, they can get people to work for the wages they pay when Joe and Dems give out so much welfare to not work

Posted by: Apple Bottom ()
Date: July 10, 2021 10:14PM

After SFW closed, started using Harris Teeter more and it’s been good. Still go to Giant and occasionally Wegmans. Giant has decent donuts but nothing like SFW had.

Posted by: SFW ()
Date: July 10, 2021 11:15PM

SFW sucked, good riddance. Giant has become the new ghetto food store since they got bought out, quality is now in the shitter and service is horrendous. Serve yourself, they don't give a fuck. Safeway is the same but they still charge more like they're special, they're not, at all. Best deals at WalMart and Aldi, but good service is a thing of the past anywhere.

Posted by: Bulk ()
Date: July 11, 2021 06:23AM

SFW Wrote:
> SFW sucked, good riddance. Giant has become the
> new ghetto food store since they got bought out,
> quality is now in the shitter and service is
> horrendous. Serve yourself, they don't give a
> fuck. Safeway is the same but they still charge
> more like they're special, they're not, at all.
> Best deals at WalMart and Aldi, but good service
> is a thing of the past anywhere.

^^ This 100%.

Posted by: Sgt Rock. ()
Date: July 11, 2021 07:21AM

SFW Wrote:
> SFW sucked, good riddance. Giant has become the
> new ghetto food store since they got bought out,
> quality is now in the shitter and service is
> horrendous. Serve yourself, they don't give a
> fuck. Safeway is the same but they still charge
> more like they're special, they're not, at all.
> Best deals at WalMart and Aldi, but good service
> is a thing of the past anywhere.

Fuck you. Take a trip to Russia and experience what their grocery stores are like. It is not unusual to stand in line for over a hour just to get a loaf of bread and a block of cheese. Fresh fruit is often out of stock.
You are spoiled rotten living in this fantastic country where you can buy pretty much anything you want to eat.

Posted by: Jason K ()
Date: November 07, 2021 12:31AM

Yesterday was Fairfax City Shoppers last day in business and Safeway is opening in it's spot very soon.

Posted by: Your Sure About Safeway ()
Date: November 07, 2021 12:39AM

It looked like Fairfax Shoppers would be closing for a good while now . Will Safeway close the Fairfax City one

Posted by: gated driveway ()
Date: November 12, 2021 09:03AM

It must be horrible being so poor that you actually have to shop for yourself. I just could not imagine the hardship and pain.

Posted by: dsfaaghfgdjuyf ()
Date: November 12, 2021 09:31AM

Shoppers are all over Springfield, Burke, Kingstowne, Newington

Posted by: food lion shopper ()
Date: November 13, 2021 07:40AM

How can you not miss the dirty floors, shitty produce, expired meat and dairy products along with the shitty attitudes of the staff?

Posted by: Donuts ()
Date: November 16, 2021 02:42PM

I miss the donuts. They were so good. Better than Krispy Kreme and HUGE.

Pages: Previous12All
Current Page: 2 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.