HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Violent Overthrow?
Posted by: bearcat22 ()
Date: June 14, 2018 05:29AM

You had written:

These are the same people that rigged their own Primaries, Tried to influence the Israeli election, Harassed Electors even after Donald Trump won the Presidency, encouraged people unlawfully in our country illegally to vote and now they are running a Coup d'état and crying about our Democracy when it is they that have a problem with our Democracy! Un-freakin believable.

I never thought in the United States Of America I would live to see such a thing as this rampant act of Treason to remove an elected President. Normally throughout my lifetime I have seen many coups mostly in corrupt third world Banana Republic types of countries. I felt compelled to speak out because I am now seeing it here. Although I would consider it a soft coup it is a coup never the less.

This bunch of traitors should be immediately rounded up and arrested for what is obviously treason. You see we are in a Constitutional crisis right now caused by those criminal enemies to our Constitution.

It's either our country or theirs folks? This is as real as it gets.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

RE: What We Are Seeing Is A Coup

It's a little bit difficult to know whether or not your post is a joke. If you really are this wound up, if you seriously do believe some of these things, I honestly do feel bad for you.

First of all, you sort of arouse some skepticism right off the bat by using a photo / quote from Fox News. (can be viewed at bottom)

I pride myself on trying to consider all sources of information, but Fox is more opinion than news.

Nothing wrong with editorials and opinions, but when a source is so clearly biased and partisan, it's hard for it to be a credible source when it comes to reporting facts. It is pretty easy to look up a rather long track record of Fox making mistakes when it comes to reporting facts. Some would call this delberate lies. I would not necessarily go that far, but it is a questionable source.

Another thing that is worrisome is that some people rely on Fox as their only source of information.
I'm sure that you are a fair and objective person and you're not like that at all.

Next, you're not too specific about exactly which individuals you're blaming and accusing.
Could you please clarify?

You mention rigged primaries, presumably within the DNC. This supposedly favored nomination of Mrs. Clinton over Mr. Sanders. So, what you are saying is, this upsets you because you wanted to vote for Bernie Sanders. That's understandable.

Next, you are concerned about meddling in the Israeli election. Since you care so much about this, can you name a single Israeli politician? No? Then why exactly does this upset you so much?

Tampering in foreign elections has gone on since the creation of the CIA, and continues to this day, regardless of who is in power. Not right, but it does go on, democrat or republican.

I'm sure we can read your loud posts of protest over Trump and the russians illegally interfering with the presidential election. Could you re- post them here please? Im sure it worries you just as much, and you're an honest person, so we should hear your protests about that.

As for "harassing electors", it is perfectly legal, perfectly legitimate, to lobby electors in an effort to influence their vote. This has happened before, and will happen again. Both sides do it.

You are concerned that people were encouraged to illegally vote. I presume you mean in the last presidential election. Could you please post some facts to back that up, rather than just fear and opinion? That accusation was objectively investigated and found to be false.

Of course you should do your own reasearch, but this might help you understand:
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/obama-encouraged-illegal-aliens-to-vote/

Next, you write "now they are running a coup d'etat". Since, like Fox News, you're a bit emotional and a bit light on the facts, we have to guess that you're referring to the preparations to impeach trump on five very serious counts.

A coup d'etat is a military overthrow of a governent. No such force is being used, or even suggested, so that claim is plain silly.

Next you add to the confusion with this: ".... crying about our Democracy when it is they that have a problem with our Democracy! "

Again, all we can do is try to interpret what you mean. I think what you're upset about is that trump lost the popular vote, and there is a great deal of hard evidence showing tampering by russia in the election, which causes people to accuse trump of not being legitimately elected.

Yet, you are also upset that these same people, in your view, resisted democracy by trying to influence electors and by now supporting the impeachment of trump. Right?

You are upset because impeaching an "elected president" is "treason". Right?

So, what you're saying is that there are two kinds of presidents. Ones that are "elected" and ones
that are NOT "elected"? Please explain.

You write, "This bunch of traitors should be immediately rounded up and arrested for what is obviously treason. You see we are in a Constitutional crisis right now caused by those criminal enemies to our Constitution."

Well, clearly you are a deeply educated person, and a true constitutional scholar. So you must be aware that section 110 of Article III. of the Constitution of the United States states that:

"Treason against the United States shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort."

None of that definition applies to the perfectly legal preparations to bring charges againt trump.
On the contrary, impeachment is an inherent part of the "democracy" you seem so excited about.

Democratically elected members of congress and the senate must vote, democratically, to bring charges and convict a president. That is how it was written into the constitution, article II section 4.

However, since you are clearly such an honest and objective person, you must have protested loudly with posts in opposition of the impeachment of President Clinton, correct? After all, that was "treason against a sitting president". Could you cut and paste that here please?

You write "Normally throughout my lifetime I have seen many coups mostly in corrupt third world Banana Republic types of countries." You are aware, aren't you, that the United States has for decades been responsible for such things? Simply Google search "history of CIA crime" for details.

Simply using the existing and legitimate democratic process of impeachment is hardly a "constitutional crisis". On the contrary, it is the constituion put into action.

If you DO want to observe some violations of the constitution, you could take the time to read the pending charges against trump. A highly educated scholar and objective observer such as yourself could do no less.

You also seem a bit confused as to what is a "coup" and what is "impeachment". Impeachment of a president is rare, and it is even more rare for it to end in removal from office. Censure is more likely a result.
Of course, like Nixon, trump might just resign before the impeachment hearings are concluded.

You end with, "It's either our country or theirs folks?" Sorry. I know you studied constitutional law at Harvard. But, again, maybe you're just a little bit confused.

Well, if it is anyone's country, it only legitimately belongs to Native Americans. But you knew that.

The constitution was designed so that it is highly unlikely that anyone gets excluded. The cumbersome system of checks and balances ensures that it is rare for any one group to hold sway, and then not for long. The intention was to make compromise an easier option than attempted dictatorship.

The other options are more simple. Fascism and Communism ensure that there is never any
pesky debate or any change in leadership. George Bush Jr. liked the idea of America being turned into a dictatorship, for example.

If you prefer democracy, you really should expect a certain amount of dissent, especially when trump lost the popular vote and is the most unpopular president in history. It doesn't help when he has done and said some highly questionable things, things that may result in impeachment.

The news should primarily supply us with objective facts. The truth is often unpleasant.

If the primary purpose of a source is to make you feel good about yourself, that's called
entertainment. If the primary purpose of a source is to hold up scapegoats in order to get
you angry and distract you from certain facts, that's called propaganda.

You might want to try turning off Fox News for a couple of days and sample something
new. They have this amazing thing called a library, filled with something called books.

I know that you are a careful thinker with deep knowledge of history. You respect the facts.

So I am not telling you anything new when I next say:

This sort of thing has happened before.

There was a time in history when a politician came along and claimed to be a "patriot".

He waved the flag like crazy. He yelled about how he loved his country.

He blamed all of his nation's problems on liberals and foreigners.

He promised to make the country "great" again.

He promised to create jobs for the unemployed, but just made the rich more wealthy.

He was hugely in favor of building up the military.

He made his speeches to the least educated people he could find.

He did not win the majority election, but on a technicality he was elected leader anyway.

He then led the nation to total ruin, war and economic collapse that lasted for decades.

His name was Adolph Hitler. Look it up.

Does this sound familiar?

###########

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2018 05:30AM by bearcat22.
Attachments:
1111.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Violent Overthrow?
Posted by: American Psychiatric Association ()
Date: June 14, 2018 07:38AM

OP, you really need Psychiatric help.

Concerned with you state of mental health.

Re: Violent Overthrow?
Posted by: Socrates ()
Date: June 14, 2018 07:47AM

llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2018 07:49AM by Socrates.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.