HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Why is it OK for Trump to normalize relations with NK, but wrong for Obama to normalize relations with Cuba???
Posted by: Hypocrites everywhere ()
Date: June 12, 2018 08:51AM

Can I get a valid, unbiased answer? I know most of you here get talking points from your favorite 25-hour news channel of choice, but let’s be a bit more constructive. Why is one okay, but the other a problem?

They both practice a form of communism, you donrelaoze that,..

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Why is it OK for Trump to normalize relations with NK, but wrong for Obama to normalize relations with Cuba???
Posted by: EEKJF ()
Date: June 12, 2018 09:11AM

Cuba is not a threat to the US, and Obama didn't get anything for the US there; I don't really see thee analogy.

Re: Why is it OK for Trump to normalize relations with NK, but wrong for Obama to normalize relations with Cuba???
Posted by: Bastaboo ()
Date: June 12, 2018 09:13AM

EEKJF Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Cuba is not a threat to the US, and Obama didn't
> get anything for the US there; I don't really see
> thee analogy.

So why not open it up to the rest of the world and expose it to capitalism? If it’s not a threat, why is it wrong to normalize relations and bring in tourism?

Posted by: Progressives really are dummies ()
Date: June 12, 2018 09:25AM

Hypocrites everywhere Wrote:
> Can I get a valid, unbiased answer? I know most of
> you here get talking points from your favorite
> 25-hour news channel of choice, but let’s be a
> bit more constructive. Why is one okay, but the
> other a problem?
>
> They both practice a form of communism, you
> donrelaoze that,..

Does Cuba have a thriving nuclear ballistic missile program that is threatening two of our strongest allies as well as our territory? Is Cuba on the verge of developing ICBM capability, as well as sub-launched ballistic capability? Is Cuba a hermit kingdom, totally uninfluenced by any state besides our greatest opponent? Could Cuba single-handedly draw us into a nuclear war, and has regularly stated it will use nuclear weapons to destroy the US and its allies? You see, all of these are valid reasons to want to normalize relations and attempt to influence a rogue state's behavior, while wanting to be able to conveniently fly direct to a Caribbean island isn't.

Starting to get the picture? You're mentally ill - you live in a subjective reality of your own creation, where no empirical, objective thought is tolerated lest it upset the delicate truce you've struck with your own cognitive dissonance.

Posted by: think critically ()
Date: June 12, 2018 09:26AM

What concessions did Obama receive from Cuba to normalize relations besides allowing our diplomats to have their brains zapped?

Posted by: This is correct > ()
Date: June 12, 2018 10:10AM

Progressives really are dummies Wrote:
> Hypocrites everywhere Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Can I get a valid, unbiased answer? I know most
> of
> > you here get talking points from your favorite
> > 25-hour news channel of choice, but let’s be
> a
> > bit more constructive. Why is one okay, but the
> > other a problem?
> >
> > They both practice a form of communism, you
> > donrelaoze that,..
>
> Does Cuba have a thriving nuclear ballistic
> missile program that is threatening two of our
> strongest allies as well as our territory? Is
> Cuba on the verge of developing ICBM capability,
> as well as sub-launched ballistic capability? Is
> Cuba a hermit kingdom, totally uninfluenced by any
> state besides our greatest opponent? Could Cuba
> single-handedly draw us into a nuclear war, and
> has regularly stated it will use nuclear weapons
> to destroy the US and its allies? You see, all of
> these are valid reasons to want to normalize
> relations and attempt to influence a rogue state's
> behavior, while wanting to be able to conveniently
> fly direct to a Caribbean island isn't.
>
> Starting to get the picture? You're mentally ill
> - you live in a subjective reality of your own
> creation, where no empirical, objective thought is
> tolerated lest it upset the delicate truce you've
> struck with your own cognitive dissonance.

Thanks for saying almost exactly what I was going to write.

Posted by: Perfect ()
Date: June 12, 2018 10:15AM

Perfect response to the Obama groupie. Why do liberals always feel the need to go back to "but Obama"? He served 2 terms and they are over. What future presidents do, have no relation to what he did. You are stuck in the past with a man crush on Obama. I get it, you and a lot of other people who think politics is like watching your favorite sports team and rooting against their rival. It's not. Wish for the best for your country regardless of who the president is. Be happy we've moved at least on small step closer to peace, with a country everyone said we would be at war with in 2016 right when Trump got elected.

Posted by: because..... ()
Date: June 12, 2018 10:27AM

The last three POTUS have tried dealing with N Korea amd failed. That makes it a bipartisan effort. With Cuba after the cold war ended i saw no reason to continue sanctions, but the Cubans in Miami are a strong conservative voting base. The powers behind the scenes, some who reside in Florida, will only toss $ to those who stand for regime change. Kind of fucked up really. Cuba poses no threat to us. We back other countries that aren't democracies

Posted by: W7vbb ()
Date: June 12, 2018 10:48AM

I think both are fine. Be good neighbors. Trust and verify.

Posted by: Triggered Trumpers ()
Date: June 12, 2018 11:56AM

Lol if Hillary did this with NK, you MAGAtards would be sperging out

Posted by: Butthurt Diagnosis ()
Date: June 12, 2018 12:44PM

Triggered Trumpers Wrote:
> Lol if Hillary did this with NK, you MAGAtards
> would be sperging out

Hillary will never do anything with anyone because she's a horrible person and was an even worse candidate who lost for the same reasons, not because of the Russians. Which is the primary cause of your butthurt.

Posted by: fd ()
Date: June 12, 2018 01:33PM

Hillary is a well known bitch in private.

Posted by: trumpitality ()
Date: June 12, 2018 03:03PM

Why was it ok for Obama to let illegals into the United States, but keep armed security around him to keep them away?

Because one thing has nothing to do with the other, dipshit OP.

Posted by: Inquisitive One ()
Date: June 12, 2018 04:42PM

think critically Wrote:
> What concessions did Obama receive from Cuba to
> normalize relations besides allowing our diplomats
> to have their brains zapped?

I do think that there was some sort of sexual thing taking place between Obama and Castro! Does that count as a concession?

Posted by: kylet ()
Date: June 12, 2018 04:47PM

The cuban goverment bribed obama.

Posted by: Inquisitive One ()
Date: June 12, 2018 05:10PM

kylet Wrote:
> The cuban goverment bribed obama.

Cuba did not have to bribe a communist faggot!

Posted by: Cuban niggers ()
Date: June 12, 2018 06:09PM

Cubans are sandblasted niggers.
Barry Sotero is a communist.
First niggers to goto Cuba?
Jay z and that heifer Beyoncé.
Cubans are sandblasted niggers

Posted by: mark j ()
Date: June 12, 2018 08:01PM

well..that says it...AND Cuba never threatened to blast us off the face of the earth...the end.

Posted by: All Obama Wanted Was The Weed ()
Date: June 12, 2018 08:12PM

And getting his leftist supporters intp Cuba to grab some beach properties, F them they get nothing. NK has nukes pointing at the US, Obamas weak policies toward NK wile sucking up to Cuba helped NK build the nukes and the missiles,

Posted by: Historian ()
Date: June 12, 2018 09:10PM

The difference is that Obama hates and blames America, and everyone knows it, friend and foe alike.

Posted by: BruceKleinIIIx ()
Date: June 13, 2018 09:28AM

Remember when Obama went on his apology tour...
\
Remember when Obama incited violence with his wife over events like Trayvon...
\
Remember when Obama appointed unpatriotic folks to head agencies and serve as Czars...
\
Remember when Obama told me I was not responsible for the success of my business...
\
Remember when Obama received a free Ivy League Education for being a foreign student...
\
Remember when Obama was attending American Hating Reverend Wrights hate spewing sermons for the past twenty years...
\
Remember when Obama pardoned deserters and leakers that aided our enemies...
\
Remember when Obama destroyed the Health Care System...
\
Remember when Obama's savings account crossed 25 million, and his wife and kids now have millions in their account...
\
Remember when the IRS was used as the gestapo to quiet those that disagreed politically...
\
Remember when Obama feminized the greatest fighting force on earth...
\
Remember Michelle Obama and her mother flying all over the world in luxury whilst the taxpayer was handed the 250+ million spent on this over the 8 years...
\
Remember when Obama incited hate toward first responders...
\
We could go on and on and on and on

Thank god for President Trump.
He will win in 2020.

Posted by: Never Trump Repub ()
Date: June 13, 2018 10:31AM

Ok, lets say the Cuba/Obama vs NK/Trump analogy is imperfect because Cuba doesn't have nukes how about the Obama Iran deal vs NK/Trump? I know I didn't like the Iran deal but at least Obama didn't have a big televised summit where he praised Iran's leadership and called it "trustworthy".

I never voted Dem in my life until I felt like it was the only way to keep a dangerous and incompetent idiot from become POTUS. I'm just gobsmacked by how dumbed down the rhetoric has become on both sides of the political spectrum but more so with the Trump GOP. So everyone who doesn't support Trump is a libtard? Isn't putting tariffs on imports from our economic allies a form of welfare for all the Joe lunchpails out there so they can keep their factory jobs in industries that they otherwise couldn't compete in globally? Isn't it a bad idea to suggest Russia, an adversary with 11th largest economy in the world should be included in the G8 ahead of countries like India and Brazil who's economies are ranked higher?

One could go on forever about what a lying, incompetent, NON CONSERVATIVE president Trump is but it all just falls everywhere on deaf ears everywhere by people who have made up their minds and just want to outshout those that don't agree with them.

Here's the bottom line with the Trump presidency, IT WILL END BADLY FOR ALL OF US. It's just a matter of time.

Posted by: 4LUHX ()
Date: June 13, 2018 12:59PM

> other a problem?
>
> donrelaoze that,..

Go team Red. That's all that matters. Which party is it? Team Red good. Team Blue bad. And yes, the reverse is true for the side as well.

Posted by: $563bil spent of defense ()
Date: June 13, 2018 03:05PM

$563BIL is spent on defense in the US.
When America stops being “world police” can we enjoy true prosperity.
Draining the swamp did not mean Clinton, Pelosi and Maxine.
It meant all the lobbyists that draft bills for elected reps to propose as a bill.

When American troops leave South Korea, we can allocate that 563 billion domestically.
Veterans Benefits-healthcare/hospitals/etc for veterans stands at $8 bil.
What is wrong with this picture?

Posted by: Orange Ass Clown ()
Date: June 13, 2018 06:42PM

> other a problem?
>
> donrelaoze that,..

Typical whataboutism bullshit... not the same.
Same old cuck cuck cuck Hahahahahaha!

Attachments:
alt-right-chicken.jpg

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.