HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Do the white, working class, long haired die hard Capitals fans from back in the day who used to drive all the way to the Cpital Centre for games even give a shit about the Capitals anymore?
Posted by: Do they even give a shit? ()
Date: May 24, 2018 06:56AM

Do they even give a shit about the team, the overpriced tickets and what the mostly bandwagon fanbase has become?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do the white, working class, long haired die hard Capitals fans from back in the day who used to drive all the way to the Cpital Centre for games even give a shit about the Capitals anymore?
Posted by: 74bhh ()
Date: May 24, 2018 07:09AM

FUCK BANDWAGON JUMPING YUPPIES!

The die hards stopped giving a shit a long time ago.

Re: Do the white, working class, long haired die hard Capitals fans from back in the day who used to drive all the way to the Cpital Centre for games even give a shit about the Capitals anymore?
Posted by: Left Wing ()
Date: May 24, 2018 08:23AM

When the team first came and was unbelievably terrible, I went out to Landover after work probably 12-15 times a year to see the likes of Tommy Williams, Bill Clement, and Yvon Labre get crushed by real hockey teams. Some of those losses to Montreal in particular were just amazing. Usually sat in the box seats over one of the exit portals between the blue lines. They were most often empty on weeknights and nobody would bother you. The crowds were small, so getting in and out was pretty easy. I had enjoyed the game as a high school and college player, so having a local team was a treat for me. When they moved downtown though, I didn't follow along. That was mostly because my kids came along at about that time, and I had other things to attend to. Now that the kids are gone again, it's that new baseball team that I go see instead of the Caps. I'm glad to see they made it to the Cup Finals though. Hopefully they'll do better than the last time against Detroit.

Posted by: tp6vk ()
Date: May 24, 2018 08:44AM

I think the move downtown ironically, is when most of the die hard old school fans stopped giving a shit.

Posted by: Trump.4Evuh ()
Date: May 24, 2018 08:58AM

I am the only one left. I am here. I will always follow this team. I have had season tickets since Rod Langway came here...

Posted by: edvdt ()
Date: May 24, 2018 09:09AM

Trump.4Evuh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am the only one left. I am here. I will always
> follow this team. I have had season tickets since
> Rod Langway came here...

Do you still have long hair?

Posted by: Doolar signs ()
Date: May 24, 2018 09:20AM

tp6vk Wrote:
> I think the move downtown ironically, is when most
> of the die hard old school fans stopped giving a shit.

They traded one fan-base for another. Bean-counters were probably right in advising that the team could make more money this way.

Posted by: pnd3w ()
Date: May 24, 2018 11:07AM

Doolar signs Wrote:
> tp6vk Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I think the move downtown ironically, is when
> most
> > of the die hard old school fans stopped giving a
> shit.
>
> They traded one fan-base for another.
> Bean-counters were probably right in advising that
> the team could make more money this way.

Many of those new fans are more concerned at posting photos on social media of themselves at the game than the actual game itself.

Date: May 24, 2018 02:27PM

edvdt Wrote:
> Trump.4Evuh Wrote:
> -----
> > I am the only one left. I am here. I will
> always
> > follow this team. I have had season tickets
> since
> > Rod Langway came here...
>
> Do you still have long hair?

Yes...on the sides and back. The rest is bald...

Posted by: vlbw3 ()
Date: May 25, 2018 02:10AM

Trump.4Evuh Wrote:
> edvdt Wrote:
> -----
> > Trump.4Evuh Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > I am the only one left. I am here. I will
> > always
> > > follow this team. I have had season tickets
> > since
> > > Rod Langway came here...
> >
> > Do you still have long hair?
>
> Yes...on the sides and back. The rest is bald...

Like Hulk Hogan?

Date: May 25, 2018 06:55AM

Like Hulk Hogan...yes.

Posted by: Die Hard Fan HTS days ()
Date: May 25, 2018 12:26PM

I hope they lose simply based on what the fanbase has now become.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.