HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Get Up to Five, Free LED Lightbulbs at Libraries in April and May
Posted by: Reddy Kilowatt ()
Date: April 26, 2018 12:29AM

Get Up to Five, Free LED Lightbulbs at Libraries in April and May

Posted on March 14, 2018 in All News, Environment, Libraries, To Know

To save you money and protect the planet, we’re giving away up to five, free LED lightbulbs at six Fairfax County libraries in April and May.

“We’re giving away replacement LEDs because it’s a small change that makes a big impact for residents and the environment,” said Jessica Lavender, Energy Action Fairfax program manager. “About 80 percent of households still use incandescent bulbs—but now that prices for LEDs have dropped significantly, it’s the perfect time to make the switch.”

Get a free LED — and if you bring in up to four of your incandescent or compact fluorescent lightbulbs, we’ll exchange them for LEDs. The ENERGY STAR®-certified LEDs we’re giving away offer a warm white light that’s equivalent to a 60-watt incandescent lightbulb.

Not only will you save money by getting free LEDs, but also you’ll pocket money from lower electric bills. You could cut your utility bill by at least $25 per year by replacing five traditional, incandescent bulbs with LEDs.

LED prices have declined 85 percent in recent years, and bulbs can be bought for as little as $2 to $5.

The giveaway is a partnership between Energy Action Fairfax, a county program to help residents become energy efficient, and the library.

Where to Get Your Free LEDs

The LEDs will be given away on six dates at these libraries:

Saturday, April 7, 10:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m., Tysons-Pimmit Regional Library, 7584 Leesburg Pike, Falls Church
Saturday, April 14, 2–4 p.m., City of Fairfax Regional Library, 10360 North Street, Fairfax
Wednesday, April 25, 4–6 p.m., George Mason Regional Library, 7001 Little River Turnpike, Annandale
Tuesday, May 8, 6:30–8:30 p.m. Chantilly Regional Library, 4000 Stringfellow Road, Chantilly
Monday, May 14, 10:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m., Reston Regional Library, 11925 Bowman Towne Drive, Reston
Tuesday, May 22, 10:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m., Sherwood Regional Library, 2501 Sherwood Hall Lane, Alexandria

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Get Up to Five, Free LED Lightbulbs at Libraries in April and May
Posted by: Anna Dale ()
Date: April 26, 2018 03:43AM

I almost went to the George Mason one yesterday to trade in some old bulbs, but in the end I just decided to stay home.

Posted by: r34t3gtr ()
Date: September 09, 2019 04:20PM

Democrats will steal any way they can

asian make those LED bulbs

asians win when USA goverment gives away asian bulbs

FAIRFAX COUNTY has asian market terrorists within

they also offered "discounts on chinese solar panels" FOR A WHILE

they run many scams - and the families that get the free shit ARE POLITICAL FAMILIES and party democrats

Posted by: r2gtrer ()
Date: September 09, 2019 04:21PM

75px-Bob_McDonnell_by_Gage_Skidmore.jpg

didn't build his life on stolen asian LED lights or force his opponent out of office with weapons

God bless him !

Posted by: MikeMk ()
Date: October 30, 2020 09:56AM

Hey, guys, this is really cool.

Posted by: JamesL ()
Date: October 30, 2020 09:58AM

I am a great environmentalist and this action caused me great sympathy. I changed all the usual incandescent light bulbs in my house to modern led lamps and tubs. LED lamps last much longer, thus protecting nature from pollution longer. The designs of these lamps are very diverse, you can find them for any interior. I ordered everything online and got a good discount. These light bulbs have been used for 2 years and there were no problems. I wonder if such an action will still be held? I would like to take part in it.

Posted by: Jessica ()
Date: November 01, 2020 01:35PM

JamesL Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am a great environmentalist and this action
> caused me great sympathy. I changed all the usual
> incandescent light bulbs in my house to href=https://lightingandsupplies.com/>modern led
> lamps and tubs
. LED lamps last much longer,
> thus protecting nature from pollution longer. The
> designs of these lamps are very diverse, you can
> find them for any interior. I ordered everything
> online and got a good discount. These light bulbs
> have been used for 2 years and there were no
> problems. I wonder if such an action will still be
> held? I would like to take part in it.

It deserves respect, cool.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.