HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Last Minute Gift Ideas?
Posted by: lunchbox ()
Date: December 24, 2009 08:18AM

Hey all does anyone have any suggestions on last minute gift ideas? yes i waited until Christmas Eve...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Last Minute Gift Ideas?
Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: December 24, 2009 08:54AM

Considering there's no information regarding the type of people you're shopping for, you're not going to get too much help, but here are some suggestions:

Men - tools, deep fryer
Teenage girls - Itunes gift certificate
Teenage boys - videogames
Girlfriend - bracelet/necklace
Wife - Iron, Vacuum

RE: eesh,lizzie,Mr.Misery and the rest of you
Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: December 24, 2009 09:09AM

`

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2015 07:41AM by WingNut.

Posted by: mgnut ()
Date: December 24, 2009 09:16AM

Buy them some powerball tickets. :D

Or the scratch off's.

Date: December 24, 2009 09:42AM

Thanks guys sorry i didnt specify: im looking to maybe pickup a couple more things today for my father. hes turning 50 years old the day after Christmas and is an avid cyclist (he goes an rides stages of the Tour de France) in the offseason and stuff (he loves cycling). However, he was recently diagnosed with colon cancer and is going to be unable to really do much of anything for the next 6 months to a year (depending how surgery goes on the 4th). Ive already gotten him the newest Lance Armstrong book as well as cycling jerseys but last year I got him a flat screen. This year I really didnt know what to get him but i do want to make it a special Christmas but am really at a loss for what else he would enjoy. (hes the kind of guy that "has everything he needs and if he needs anything else he'll go buy it")

any suggestions i would really appreciate as Im at work until 3PM today and would like to wrap up shopping today

Posted by: centrevillegirl ()
Date: December 24, 2009 11:25AM

How about a Kindle? An IPOD If he doesn't have one. Slippers from LL Bean would be nice.

Date: December 24, 2009 12:08PM

A dick in a box.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Posted by: NegativeDreamStealer ()
Date: December 24, 2009 12:36PM

Does he use a laptop computer? If so, one of those rolling reading/laptop tables could be mighty handy. Brookstone has a nice one.

Also consider Beatles Rock Band...Costco still had copies in stock last time I checked. And, to play them on, a Playstation 3 or WII if he doesn't have one.

Posted by: bought it myself ()
Date: December 24, 2009 12:54PM

Best Buy has (at least they did a few days ago) HBO and Showtime series on dvd for 1/2 off. Sopranos, Flight of the Concordes, i think Dexter, and some other stuff. 2 seasons of a show for $25 is great.

Date: December 24, 2009 12:56PM

If he's gonna be laid up for awhile, the DVD set of The Shield (all seasons) is out. That show was kick ass. It's a bit pricey though...

Or you could go with a Netflix subscription, if he's into movies.

Posted by: The Grinch ()
Date: December 24, 2009 01:01PM

a subscription to the cheese of the month club. Its the gift that keeps on giving.

Date: December 24, 2009 02:48PM

thank you WashingTone-Locian and Grinch for making fun of my father who literally is laying on his death bed. rot in hell you peices of shit i hope your mothers die a painful death. fuck you.

EVERYONE ELSE!!,

thank you guys!! I think I am going to go and try to pickup some boxed seasons of his favorite shows and some comfy slippers and other things at L.L. Bean. i dont know why i didnt think of LL Bean before they do usually have very quality products especially for winter. once again thank you guys i really do appreciate it!

Posted by: centrevillegirl ()
Date: December 24, 2009 04:39PM

Lunchbox - I hope you enjoy your time with your dad this Christmas and good luck to him with his surgery on the 4th.

Posted by: CentrevilleGuy ()
Date: December 24, 2009 06:31PM

Lunchbox, your father is in my prayers, I hope the surgery goes well.

Posted by: DumbGlitter ()
Date: December 24, 2009 07:08PM

It depends on the amount of cash you have.

It seems like your father was a very active man. He might not be able to get around as well as he used too. How about a video game system with sport games?

Posted by: DumbGlitter ()
Date: December 24, 2009 07:09PM

And a snuggie :) I purchased this gift for multiple people

Posted by: shpping made easy ()
Date: December 26, 2009 02:20PM

I did all my shopping at 7/11 it was easy. Only problem was gift wrap. I used some of the foil they use for chili dogs and for the larger gifts (like a carton of cigs) I taped lotto pick sips all over the box. Spending under $145 Ishopped for eleven family and friends, three dogs and a cat in less than twelve minuets. Merry Christmas.

Date: December 26, 2009 04:22PM

centrevillegirl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How about a Kindle?

My cousin's wife got one of those as an early Christmas gift where her parents visited 2 weeks ago and brought it over yesterday. Those things are cool as hell and I'd bet good money that something similar will take the place of college textbooks within a decade.

Posted by: nahhhh ()
Date: December 27, 2009 04:49PM

I don't get the Kindle. If I want a book I hit up the good ol' library. If I realllly want a book I buy it so that I have it for my library in hard form, not electronic text. Plus, it just feels wierd to me to read off a screen and not flip pages.

Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: December 27, 2009 05:14PM

nahhhh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't get the Kindle. If I want a book I hit up
> the good ol' library. If I realllly want a book I
> buy it so that I have it for my library in hard
> form, not electronic text. Plus, it just feels
> wierd to me to read off a screen and not flip
> pages.

I'm weird like that, too. If I have to read something in excess of two pages, I'd rather have it hard copy for some reason.

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Posted by: nahhhh ()
Date: December 27, 2009 05:21PM

Yeah I can focus better with a hard copy, plus some books require pictures, diagrams, etc. Everything is going digital, I don't like it. I'm 18 too, so it's not like I'm a stranger to technology.

Posted by: Helen Lenry ()
Date: February 23, 2023 12:01PM

Hello there. When it comes to last minute gift ideas, jewelry is always a great choice! Online jewelry shops offer a variety of options, from simple and elegant pieces to bold statement pieces that are sure to impress. You can find something for every taste and budget, and many shops offer fast shipping options to ensure your gift arrives in time. Like example check https://www.fjewellery.co.uk/en/earrings-hoop-yes_gemstone/ these hoop earrings with gemstones, in my opinion they are so cool!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.