HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Idiot 4WD Drivers!
Posted by: Ready ()
Date: December 20, 2009 07:43PM

What the fuck is about snow that makes 4WD drivers act like idiots on the roads?

I saw one turn right in front of car. It was if the car didn't even exist he almost got t-boned by the car. Then I sitting at a light another 4WD crash thru a snow mound knocking the plowed snow into the highway. So much snow people had move out the lane to go around the mound. Five seconds later I see a 4WD come flying up to an intersection slam on the brakes and slid into the intersection causing traffic to stop dead.

I'm assuming these are high school kids playing with there Dads SUV.

PS- On my drive I went by four Fairfax county schools. All the school parking lots were plowed out and pavement looked dry.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Idiot 4WD Drivers!
Posted by: More to it ()
Date: December 20, 2009 07:58PM

Ready Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What the fuck is about snow that makes 4WD drivers
> act like idiots on the roads?
>
> I saw one turn right in front of car. It was if
> the car didn't even exist he almost got t-boned by
> the car. Then I sitting at a light another 4WD
> crash thru a snow mound knocking the plowed snow
> into the highway. So much snow people had move
> out the lane to go around the mound. Five seconds
> later I see a 4WD come flying up to an
> intersection slam on the brakes and slid into the
> intersection causing traffic to stop dead.
>
> I'm assuming these are high school kids playing
> with there Dads SUV.
>
> PS- On my drive I went by four Fairfax county
> schools. All the school parking lots were plowed
> out and pavement looked dry.

Its not about the school parking lots, those are easy to take care of....its mainly the hundreds of corner bus stops that are currently occupied by 6 foot drifts of plowed snow. Its also about the sidewalks all over the county that havent been taken care of....by Tuesday the roads would be safe enough to get kids to school, but the walkers and bus riders would be in danger.

Posted by: Mr Captcha ()
Date: December 20, 2009 08:02PM

Strangely enough, it seems that the 4WD drivers drive more stupidly the day after the snow. Yesterday it was all the 2WD morons blocking traffic on hills thinking their little four-banger has enough traction.

I went out to my parents house today to help them dig out of all the snow. On the way I saw one guy in a pickup sail into a ditch. On the way home I saw a 4Runner on its roof on 66 at 234.

I still think it's idiot drivers, no matter what type of car they have.

Posted by: Doesn't Matter ()
Date: December 21, 2009 02:59AM

JEEP! There's only one. (But please learn how to drive it) Pickups SUCK in the snow. And so do all of the big ass, over weight Explorers, Navigators, Hummers, Excursions, and so on. I drive a 97 Cherokee Classic with a little 2" lift and some 30" BFG M/Ts and didn't have a single problem (other than morons walking in the middle of the fucking roads) God I love my JEEP.

Posted by: Jeeps blow ()
Date: December 21, 2009 05:14AM

Doesn't Matter Wrote:
> God I love my JEEP.>

Too bad the rest of the year it's a piece of shit.

Posted by: Bizkit ()
Date: December 21, 2009 08:07AM

Too bad the rest of the year it's a piece of shit.

+1

I love the way everyone says pickups suck in the snow because there's no weight over the back axle. Just shovel the bed full of snow and you're good to go! That being said, there were plenty of idiots out this morning driving along at top speed just like there was no snow or ice. Plenty of folks headed for a ditch today.

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: December 21, 2009 08:22AM

Doesn't Matter Wrote:
> JEEP! There's only one. (But please learn how to
> drive it) Pickups SUCK in the snow. And so do all
> of the big ass, over weight Explorers, Navigators,
> Hummers, Excursions, and so on. I drive a 97
> Cherokee Classic with a little 2" lift and some
> 30" BFG M/Ts and didn't have a single problem
> (other than morons walking in the middle of the
> fucking roads) God I love my JEEP.

You know what really sucks? That whole "jeep" mentality.
Here's my jeep wave.
Attachments:
bird.jpg

Posted by: Dadam ()
Date: December 21, 2009 09:26AM

I'm not going to pile on like everybody else because I like your jeep and I do wish I had one to tool around in, but my Navigator did just fine getting out of the driveway when I moved it yesterday thank you very much!!! I do have shitty tires on the front right now, but I haven't ever gotten stuck or lost control in the snow/ice. I did, however, have to bounce the shit out of the back of the Dodge for Jason to get out of the driveway (even with an entire long bed filled to the top with packed snow).

Date: December 21, 2009 03:38PM

Dude, don't use names. Every single person on this site is a criminal. "did just fine getting out of the driveway" Thats funny isolated. Driver intelligence has a lot to do with it to. Jeeps are awsome. I don't care what you people say. I don't internet fight like a nerd.

Posted by: depreciating Value ()
Date: December 21, 2009 03:48PM

Doesn't Matter Wrote:
> JEEP! There's only one. (But please learn how to
> drive it) Pickups SUCK in the snow. And so do all
> of the big ass, over weight Explorers, Navigators,
> Hummers, Excursions, and so on. I drive a 97
> Cherokee Classic with a little 2" lift and some
> 30" BFG M/Ts and didn't have a single problem
> (other than morons walking in the middle of the
> fucking roads) God I love my JEEP.

I could never figure out why people spend money lifting their vehicle the same amount as their penis size.

Lifting Jeep + 30" BFG M/T's= Jeep not even worth as much as stock.(not even counting wear and tear. 1K miles is equivalent to 3K miles.)

Live and learn, I suppose.

Date: December 23, 2009 01:44PM

Ummmmm...Thanks for your valued opinion depreciating Value. I could see how a non-4x4 enthusiast would have such an opinion. I don't think it is about penis size at all when it comes to Jeeps. That is more of a sports car thing. I put a little lift on mine so I could fit slightly larger/a bit more aggressive tires. I worked on a lot of construction sites and I enjoy camping, driving on the beach, taking the road less traveled (legally). So I hope you can understand that it is more (for me anyway) about functionality than "penis size" as you so homosexually stated. Also, i am sure most new jeep owners would give a shit about depreciating value. Most of us don't. It is a fucking Jeep, not a 69 Camaro. P.S. People who are in the market for a 97 model year Jeep Cherokee would, in my 10 years of dealing with Jeeps, pay more for one that is already lifted with bigger tires. I could never really understand why people find it necessary to voice their opinion on a subject that they know little or nothing about...Live and learn I suppose.

http://www.car-accidents.com/pics/1-Car%20Pics-9-2004/12-23-04.jpg

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: December 24, 2009 02:07AM

Ready Wrote:
> What the fuck is about snow that makes 4WD drivers
> act like idiots on the roads?
>
> I saw one turn right in front of car. It was if
> the car didn't even exist he almost got t-boned by
> the car. Then I sitting at a light another 4WD
> crash thru a snow mound knocking the plowed snow
> into the highway. So much snow people had move
> out the lane to go around the mound. Five seconds
> later I see a 4WD come flying up to an
> intersection slam on the brakes and slid into the
> intersection causing traffic to stop dead.
>
> I'm assuming these are high school kids playing
> with there Dads SUV.
>
> PS- On my drive I went by four Fairfax county
> schools. All the school parking lots were plowed
> out and pavement looked dry.

Even with a 4WD SUV, I still slid some on Sunday night. The snow ridges can still catch your tires and pull you one way or the other, and it's really not good with driving up or down a gradient.

I saw some SUV drivers speeding past me like complete idiots, and it is people like that who I hate. They even think that their AWD/4WD will magically create traction on ice.

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.