HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Do you think FCPS will be closed Monday?
Posted by: kksparks ()
Date: December 18, 2009 06:43PM

For those of you familiar with the FCPS's policy on school closings, do you think schools will be closed Monday?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you think FCPS will be closed Monday?
Posted by: graymoose1 ()
Date: December 18, 2009 06:53PM

Who knows but you better do your homework, just in case

---------------------------------------------------
W.W.S.D. what would Scooby Doo

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you think FCPS will be closed Monday?
Posted by: Mr Captcha ()
Date: December 18, 2009 07:03PM

If we get as much as is being predicted, Christmas Vacation started today. IIRC, schools were closed for about a week after the last huge snow storm.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you think FCPS will be closed Monday?
Posted by: Eastsider ()
Date: December 18, 2009 11:24PM

Back in '96, I think we were off for a week and some change. After that, we got a nice string of 2-hr delays. There was a decent break in '94, too.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you think FCPS will be closed Monday?
Posted by: FCPS Bus Driver ()
Date: December 18, 2009 11:45PM

I think it's pretty safe to say that FCPS will be closed ALL next week. 100% chance closed Monday.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you think FCPS will be closed Monday?
Posted by: Saucemaster ()
Date: December 19, 2009 02:31AM

Fairfax country drivers turn in to (ha) such mind numbing fucking retards in over an inch of snow. I wouldn't let my child ride to school, just give em that shit off

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you think FCPS will be closed Monday?
Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: December 19, 2009 06:48AM

With as much snow as we should get, they'll close the schools down for the week. It's really on 2.5 days of school as it is.

__________________________________
That's not a ladybug, that's a cannapiller.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you think FCPS will be closed Monday?
Posted by: Shadow ()
Date: December 19, 2009 08:51AM

I think you're all dreaming. The schools will probably open late on Monday though. Snow is expected to stop by Sunday morning, giving the plows plenty of time to clear the roads and schools before classes on Monday. Going in late will lessen the rush hour traffic impact. They try and save snow days as long as possible in case we have a lot of snow later in the winter.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you think FCPS will be closed Monday?
Posted by: wake up buddy ()
Date: December 19, 2009 09:26AM

Shadow Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think you're all dreaming. The schools will
> probably open late on Monday though. Snow is
> expected to stop by Sunday morning, giving the
> plows plenty of time to clear the roads and
> schools before classes on Monday. Going in late
> will lessen the rush hour traffic impact. They try
> and save snow days as long as possible in case we
> have a lot of snow later in the winter.

Have you watched the news? Do you realize we are getting 20+ inches of snow? The last time we got that much snow we had an entire week off of school. There is no where to put all that snow, and temps are going to remain cold all week, so there will be very little melting. School is definitely closed all week.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you think FCPS will be closed Monday?
Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: December 19, 2009 09:33AM

Shadow Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think you're all dreaming. The schools will
> probably open late on Monday though. Snow is
> expected to stop by Sunday morning, giving the
> plows plenty of time to clear the roads and
> schools before classes on Monday. Going in late
> will lessen the rush hour traffic impact. They try
> and save snow days as long as possible in case we
> have a lot of snow later in the winter.


I understand your reasoning and part of me wants to agree, but I think you may be wrong. It's the backwoods neighborhoods full of hills that drive school closings, such as those off of Vale Road in the Vienna/Oakton/Reston area. With very little melting, what does melt will just freeze.

__________________________________
That's not a ladybug, that's a cannapiller.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you think FCPS will be closed Monday?
Posted by: not retarded ()
Date: December 19, 2009 05:12PM

Here is the very disappointing part for FCPS and the school board: If we get all 3 days off (and it will count as 3 days b/c Wed. is just a 2 hour early release), we will have used all 3 of our scheduled snow days for the year. Any more snow days will have to be "made up" so that we get in the state required 180 days of instruction. I am sure that the powers had hopes of not using any snow days (which has happened in some years) and then "furloughing" the teachers for those 3 extra days to save money (in a bad budget year). Now that cannot happen. That would have saved 54 million dollars. Oops.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you think FCPS will be closed Monday?
Posted by: Lurker. ()
Date: December 19, 2009 05:19PM

Good question. They will have all day Sunday to clear parking lots and walk ways. I would think school might open 2 hrs late on Monday.

But hey, why not take the snow days now? No biggie. If we need more snow days just make them up during summer break.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you think FCPS will be closed Monday?
Posted by: not really ()
Date: December 19, 2009 05:22PM

not retarded Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Here is the very disappointing part for FCPS and
> the school board: If we get all 3 days off (and
> it will count as 3 days b/c Wed. is just a 2 hour
> early release), we will have used all 3 of our
> scheduled snow days for the year. Any more snow
> days will have to be "made up" so that we get in
> the state required 180 days of instruction. I am
> sure that the powers had hopes of not using any
> snow days (which has happened in some years) and
> then "furloughing" the teachers for those 3 extra
> days to save money (in a bad budget year). Now
> that cannot happen. That would have saved 54
> million dollars. Oops.

Sort of right, but not really. First of all, they wouldnt have to make up every day. You have to make up the 4th day, but not the 5th, the 6th, but not the 7th, etc. That has always been the case. Also, furloughs this year were never an option if snow days remained. If anything, they may have shortened the school year like they did a couple of years ago when they didnt use the snow days to save $$ on transportation of kids etc. Also-furloughs save them $8 million approx per day, not $18....so they could've theoretically saved $24 million.

Either way-I'd bet all of that money that they cancel this week....they'll do their best to avoid future snow days by using delays. If anything, they can use 2 more and just make the April teacher workday a student day like they did a couple of years ago after the ice storm.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you think FCPS will be closed Monday?
Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: December 19, 2009 08:07PM

Clearing the schools is not a problem. A lot of the high schools are already clear, though now there is nowhere to put tonight's snow. I think the problem is there is no way VDOT can plow all the roads, becuase they havent made a dent so far.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you think FCPS will be closed Monday?
Posted by: nope still not really ()
Date: December 19, 2009 08:19PM

not really Wrote:
>
> Sort of right, but not really. First of all, they
> wouldnt have to make up every day. You have to
> make up the 4th day, but not the 5th, the 6th, but
> not the 7th, etc. That has always been the case.
> Also, furloughs this year were never an option if
> snow days remained. If anything, they may have
> shortened the school year like they did a couple
> of years ago when they didnt use the snow days to
> save $$ on transportation of kids etc.
> Also-furloughs save them $8 million approx per
> day, not $18....so they could've theoretically
> saved $24 million.
>

Nope, that has not always been the case. FCPS had to make up every day except for the first three until just a few years ago.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you think FCPS will be closed Monday?
Posted by: nope still not really ()
Date: December 19, 2009 08:21PM

Oh, and by the way, you said they have to make up the 4th but not the 5th, that is also incorrect. They have to make up the 4th AND the 5th days missed. Boy, you really got your facts messed up.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you think FCPS will be closed Monday?
Posted by: northerner ()
Date: December 19, 2009 08:25PM

I'm already planning the Monday schedule to include my kid. Count on it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you think FCPS will be closed Monday?
Posted by: grrr ()
Date: December 19, 2009 08:30PM

Loudon county public schools are already closed on Monday and Tuesday of next week.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you think FCPS will be closed Monday?
Date: December 19, 2009 08:48PM

I've heard about some rule FCPS has on not having 2 day weeks? Is this true?
Regardless, assuming this rule is true, and if they cancel school on Monday to make it a 1.5 day week, would this mean that FCPS will close the school for the rest of the week?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you think FCPS will be closed Monday?
Posted by: lydia250 ()
Date: December 19, 2009 09:42PM

If past experience holds true there is a 25% chance that my neighborhood (Fairfax Club Estates - 123 & Fairfax Station Road) is plowed by 7am Monday morning - VDOT has too many priority roads that need to be addressed first. After the blizzard of '96 we did not see a snowplow for 3 days. Given the variable conditions across the county it is highly unlikely that there will be school on Monday and Tuesday is, at best, going to be a 2 hour delay. Since Wednesday is scheduled for early release it does not make sense to have a 2 hour delay then, so my money is on FCPS simply deciding that the path of least resistance from all quarters is to simply give everyone an extended holiday break this year.

Loudoun was already scheduled to be closed on Wednesday, so closing schools Monday and Tuesday seems to make a lot of sense. Had this been a typical 3-5" DC storm (still a bit unusual for December) I would expect school to be open, but this is one of those storms for the record books.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you think FCPS will be closed Monday?
Posted by: nobussheds ()
Date: December 20, 2009 06:54AM

A neighbor's son has a friend working in the FCPS IT department. As of yesterday (Saturday) the friend said FCPS was planning on a 2-hour delay on Monday. Given all the good points mentioned here so far, I think this is really wishful thinking. And not mentioned yet is the fact that most if not all FCPS bus lots are not covered. They might be able to clear snow at most schools, but clearing all the buses seems like a job too big for one Sunday (and do these workers get paid overtime for Sunday work - that adds to the budget problems). Early Saturday the state announced that Virginians were to consider themselves "on your own for the next 72 hours." You'd think FCPS would also pay some attention to a state mandate, if that's what you could call it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you think FCPS will be closed Monday?
Posted by: Monday ()
Date: December 20, 2009 07:31AM

nobussheds Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A neighbor's son has a friend working in the FCPS
> IT department. As of yesterday (Saturday) the
> friend said FCPS was planning on a 2-hour delay on
> Monday. Given all the good points mentioned here
> so far, I think this is really wishful thinking.
> And not mentioned yet is the fact that most if not
> all FCPS bus lots are not covered. They might be
> able to clear snow at most schools, but clearing
> all the buses seems like a job too big for one
> Sunday (and do these workers get paid overtime for
> Sunday work - that adds to the budget problems).
> Early Saturday the state announced that Virginians
> were to consider themselves "on your own for the
> next 72 hours." You'd think FCPS would also pay
> some attention to a state mandate, if that's what
> you could call it.

My neighbor is a building supervisor (head custodian) at an FCPS school and was told by his principal not to come in to clear and treat the sidewalks today. That is FCPS throwing up the white flag right there. School is definitely off for tomorrow. My guess is they want to re-assess things today before deciding on the rest of the week.

Some counties (fredricksburg, stafford, loudon) have already cancelled the week-the kicker being that they were already supposed to be off Weds anyways.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you think FCPS will be closed Monday?
Posted by: KOOOBOOBOBOBOBOSOOO ()
Date: December 20, 2009 08:38AM

Why doesn't FCPS announce delays in advance? They're fucking retards.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you think FCPS will be closed Monday?
Posted by: A neighbor ()
Date: December 20, 2009 09:19AM

Dean Tisdadt was heard saying that the decision to close this week was already made but is has to be discussed with the unions (why?) before it is announced.

I learned this third hand so you don't have to believe it if you don't want to.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you think FCPS will be closed Monday?
Posted by: CB ()
Date: December 20, 2009 09:28AM

Safe to say schools are on right now...this is a real easy decision that could have been made yesterday, at least regarding Monday. However, you cancel Monday and Tuesday, parents will flip over kids coming in on Wednesday (which is a half day). FCPS more than likely trying to save snow days.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you think FCPS will be closed Monday?
Posted by: waiting ()
Date: December 20, 2009 09:59AM

They always wait till the last minute since they have been burned before. I'm sure they'll announce Monday, then on Monday - Tuesday and Wednesday. Ignore the weather, think like bureaucrats - that's the best way to understand them.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you think FCPS will be closed Monday?
Date: December 20, 2009 10:02AM

I would anticipate schools being open but with a two hour delay.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you think FCPS will be closed Monday?
Posted by: Monday ()
Date: December 20, 2009 10:21AM

Like I said earlier----FCPS will be closed tomorrow, guaranteed. They are just deciding on the rest of the week. They dont tell principals not to prepare for the buildings to be open tomorrow, then change course later and decide to open or delay schools. My neighbor (building supervisor for a middle school) has heard this from his principal. Custodians are probably pissed, they are all losing a bunch of OT today!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you think FCPS will be closed Monday?
Posted by: Tuesday ()
Date: December 20, 2009 11:31AM

If the high schools were going to be open, there would be plows in the lots now.

They are not.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you think FCPS will be closed Monday?
Posted by: 22180 ()
Date: December 20, 2009 01:28PM

No plows at your high school? I was sledding with my kids at our elementary school in Vienna Saturday morning, and FCPS had not one but TWO plows trying to clear the parking lots at the peak of the blizzard. It snowed for about 8 more hours after their plowing operation. Your tax dollars at work!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you think FCPS will be closed Monday?
Posted by: tubby ()
Date: December 20, 2009 02:46PM

22180 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No plows at your high school? I was sledding with
> my kids at our elementary school in Vienna
> Saturday morning, and FCPS had not one but TWO
> plows trying to clear the parking lots at the peak
> of the blizzard. It snowed for about 8 more hours
> after their plowing operation. Your tax dollars
> at work!

That's how it's done, dummy. Snow can get so deep that the schools' small plows can't move it.

Same with shoveling, it's a hell of a lot easier to move a foot of snow twice, than 2 feet of snow once.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you think FCPS will be closed Monday?
Posted by: NineBeekie ()
Date: December 20, 2009 02:56PM

There is a long "checklist" of items that must get the green light before school is opened. Even if the roads and parking lots are plowed, school will still be canceled if there is not safe areas for the kids to stand and wait for the bus. Considering how much snow is piled up on the side of the roads and covering street corners and sidewalks, I would venture to guess school is done until January 4.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you think FCPS will be closed Monday?
Posted by: ... ()
Date: December 20, 2009 03:08PM

it wouldnt make any logical sense for schools to be open tomorrow. im a student who DRIVES to school and my car is still burried under snow, my sister slipped outside today, and there isnt an inch around my neighborhood that is seen without snow . Two hour delays wont help in this situation. What is two hours going to do anyhow? I know of 4 neighborhoods with terrible conditions based upon what people have told me. There have been over 1500 accidents since that blizzard started two nights ago, meaning theres still a big chance for even more accidents, espeically among teenagers driving to school. Not only that but it will put younger kids in danger if they will be taking the bus or waiting for it. If a bus loses control, itll cause big problems. FCPS will be wasting money if they open up for the next two and a half days. Ive also heard that FCPS wont allow less than two days of school in a week so there is a definite chance that FCPS will close down for the rest of the week and extend winter vacation. Now that the snow is melting, and the temperatures outside arent getting any better, the snow will freeze over and make conditions even worse. I would honestly say that FCPS is ignorant if they allow students to go to school Monday and Tuesday (its not like they arent already in most of the decisions they make).

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you think FCPS will be closed Monday?
Posted by: Parent ()
Date: December 20, 2009 03:35PM

Fairfax county will be fucking retarded if they do not close school Monday and Tuesday. If they leave school open i believe they are trying to kill the kids including my child.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you think FCPS will be closed Monday?
Posted by: eric6697 ()
Date: December 20, 2009 03:46PM

if the poster two above is worried about teenagers having accidents driving to school with the current "dangerous road conditions" perhaps teenagers should not be allowed to drive at all.

the roads are not that bad right now and when if driven with caution there will be no problems regarding the roads.

now as far as the other items on the checklist the story is most likely vastly different especially when it comes to sidewalks and things like that.

my prediction is closed for tomorrow but school will be in session tues and wed....sorry kiddies....

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you think FCPS will be closed Monday?
Posted by: steve k2 ()
Date: December 20, 2009 03:54PM

Parent Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Fairfax county will be fucking retarded if they do
> not close school Monday and Tuesday. If they leave
> school open i believe they are trying to kill the
> kids including my child.


Your one moron for a parent. Although my bet is you're just another school kid.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you think FCPS will be closed Monday?
Posted by: 22180 ()
Date: December 20, 2009 04:12PM

Hey tubby, one of the "small plows" you're talking about was a dump truck. It would have dealt with 18" of light, fluffy snow just fine. FCPS spares no expense when it comes to equipping themselves with fun toys. It's only teachers they can't afford to pay.

The best part was that they were totally burying a FCPS car that sits in the parking lot seven days a week.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you think FCPS will be closed Monday?
Posted by: 496 ()
Date: December 20, 2009 04:18PM

... Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> it wouldnt make any logical sense for schools to
> be open tomorrow. im a student who DRIVES to
> school and my car is still burried under snow, my
> sister slipped outside today, and there isnt an
> inch around my neighborhood that is seen without
> snow . Two hour delays wont help in this
> situation. What is two hours going to do anyhow? I
> know of 4 neighborhoods with terrible conditions
> based upon what people have told me. There have
> been over 1500 accidents since that blizzard
> started two nights ago, meaning theres still a big
> chance for even more accidents, espeically among
> teenagers driving to school. Not only that but it
> will put younger kids in danger if they will be
> taking the bus or waiting for it. If a bus loses
> control, itll cause big problems. FCPS will be
> wasting money if they open up for the next two and
> a half days. Ive also heard that FCPS wont allow
> less than two days of school in a week so there is
> a definite chance that FCPS will close down for
> the rest of the week and extend winter vacation.
> Now that the snow is melting, and the temperatures
> outside arent getting any better, the snow will
> freeze over and make conditions even worse. I
> would honestly say that FCPS is ignorant if they
> allow students to go to school Monday and Tuesday
> (its not like they arent already in most of the
> decisions they make).
Attachments:
bbugbbay.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you think FCPS will be closed Monday?
Posted by: trabajadora ()
Date: December 20, 2009 04:28PM

omgggggg. fcps is the hardest on students!! all the other counties are closed but noooooooooo we arent yet. GAWDD. fcps is differenttt....on everythingg. another example is duhh grading scale

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you think FCPS will be closed Monday?
Posted by: MUA ()
Date: December 20, 2009 04:31PM

Yeah fairfax county is soo idotic! EVERY OTHER FUZZING county is closed monday but no they are afraid they might get sued by the parents if they do anything the does not follow their protocalls! SO IDIOTIC and yeah lets petition! no u guys dont got the guts just like ever other fairfax county citizen!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you think FCPS will be closed Monday?
Posted by: nope ()
Date: December 20, 2009 04:35PM

Um no,Fairfax county is not eqipped for such storms so they have less of a cleanup act than the other cities who get more snow... it took them until 4:00 pm today to fully clean my road.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you think FCPS will be closed Monday?
Posted by: BillyBob99 ()
Date: December 20, 2009 04:38PM

Okay, so the closing of schools has little to do with school buses being able to get around. Buses are big heavy trucks that can manage in most weather. Sure they are a concern but not the primary issue.

Look at the things that really matter:

1. You need a staff: This means that the people who work at the school have to be able to get there. A lot of county staff does not live in the county and commute significant distances. There is no point to bringing in the kids if you don't have the teachers to teach. Plus, lunch room staff to feed them.

2. The buses have to get out: There are 1500 school buses which each need to be completely cleared of snow. This isn't like clearing off your H2. It's like clearing off your H2 x 3 that is very high. It takes a lot of time and manpower. FCPS may have a lot of dead weight but most of them aren't in the snow removal business - it might mess up their shoes. This job is maintenance staff and janitorial staff - only so many of them and they are needed for the next item.

3. Clear the schools: You need to plow all the parking lots. The teachers and kids need to park somewhere. You could tell the kids to not drive but then there wouldn't be enough room on the buses since transportation plans ASSUME a certain percentage of kids will drive. All the walkways also need to be completely cleared of ice and snow. This is a major undertaking and will have to be done by maintenance staff and janitorial staff.

4. Bus Stops: The buses are moving but the kids need to get on them - and we aren't talking 14 year old high school kids. We are talking 5, 6, and 7 year old kids. There are huge mounds of snow around sidewalks from plowing. You can't have a sidewalk covered in 20" of snow (there is no Ffx Cnty requirement to shovel a sidewalk) and have a bus pull up on the opposite side of a 36" high and 24" deep snow drift and expect the kids to safely get from the bus stop to the bus.

Once you get 1, 2, 3, and 4 taken care of THEN you can worry about how safe for students and buses to be driving. You can get every primary street cleared to pavement and 80% of the secondary streets cleared to pavement AND still have to close school. And we are no where near 80% of secondary streets.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you think FCPS will be closed Monday?
Posted by: john669 ()
Date: December 20, 2009 04:40PM

nope...

you know that fairfax county does NOT clean your roads right? in virginia the Virginia Department of Transportation is responsible for almost all roads in the counties of virginia. Cities such as Fairfax, Vienna, Herndon, and Falls Church are on their own.

so while you may be able to criticize fairfax county for many things plowing your street isnt one of them...sorry...direct your sense of entitlement toward someone else....

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you think FCPS will be closed Monday?
Posted by: Dammed kids ()
Date: December 20, 2009 05:13PM

... Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> im a student who DRIVES to
> school and my car is still burried under snow,


Then either dig your car out or take the bus - that's why FFX tax payers pay for it

Stop whining

School is not just an excuse for you to practice driving

FCPS should open specially just to ruin your day

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you think FCPS will be closed Monday?
Posted by: ffx ()
Date: December 20, 2009 05:22PM

Can he just call it already . this sucks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you think FCPS will be closed Monday?
Posted by: hallelujah ()
Date: December 20, 2009 05:24PM


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you think FCPS will be closed Monday?
Posted by: FCPSlover ()
Date: December 20, 2009 05:54PM

go to
www.fcps.edu

it is closed all week tomorrow..
so winter break literallly starts tomorrow..!!!!!!

so,, see ya next year!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you think FCPS will be closed Monday?
Posted by: Mickey ()
Date: December 20, 2009 06:06PM

FCPS website is so cute, it can be seen in 7 different languages. We are so lucky to be so diverse, Thanks diversity.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you think FCPS will be closed Monday?
Posted by: MS-13er ()
Date: December 20, 2009 06:08PM

Mickey Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> FCPS website is so cute, it can be seen in 7
> different languages. We are so lucky to be so
> diverse, Thanks diversity.


Absolutely. Annandale High School is the most diverse high school in the entire United States of America!!! It makes me proud to be a resident of Fairfax County!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you think FCPS will be closed Monday?
Posted by: FCPS ()
Date: December 20, 2009 06:24PM

All students are reminded to check Blackboard each day this week. Assignments will be due on the first day you return to school in January.

Enjoy your break!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you think FCPS will be closed Monday?
Posted by: tubby ()
Date: December 20, 2009 08:35PM

22180 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey tubby, one of the "small plows" you're talking
> about was a dump truck. It would have dealt with
> 18" of light, fluffy snow just fine. FCPS spares
> no expense when it comes to equipping themselves
> with fun toys. It's only teachers they can't
> afford to pay.
>
> The best part was that they were totally burying a
> FCPS car that sits in the parking lot seven days a
> week.


I am familiar with School Board vehicles. Yes, it was a dump truck, but it was a medium duty, single axle dump truck, not a Class 8, tandem axle dump truck like they use on the major roads. Believe me, you can bog down one of those little school dump trucks in deep snow.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you think FCPS will be closed Monday?
Posted by: ------ ()
Date: December 20, 2009 08:58PM

you guys are all assholes to each other stop being so mean about other peoples opinions
for reall
school is out the whole week. period.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you think FCPS will be closed Monday?
Posted by: CLOSED ()
Date: December 20, 2009 09:31PM

All Fairfax County public schools will be closed Monday, December 21 through Wednesday, December 23. Offices are closed on Monday, December 21.


All Fairfax County public schools and offices will be closed Monday, December 21 through Wednesday, December 23. Offices are closed on Monday, December 21.

The following activities in schools and on school grounds are canceled Monday, December 21 - Wednesday, December 23:

extracurricular activities
interscholastic contests
team practices
field trips
middle school after-school programs
professional learning and training courses
all adult and community education classes recreation programs


School Age Child Care (SACC) centers are closed.
Essential personnel are to report to work.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you think FCPS will be closed Monday?
Posted by: Shadow ()
Date: December 20, 2009 09:40PM

Personally I like how it took the school system three tries to send the announcement out without errors.

Options: ReplyQuote


Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
NFChd
This forum powered by Phorum.