HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Blue Ridge Arsenal filed Chapter 11 Bankruptcy
Posted by: pewpewpew11 ()
Date: March 15, 2018 03:10PM

Anyone know why Blue Ridge Arsenal (Chantilly gun range) filed chapter 11 back in February? I don't go there too often. I am wondering if it was an incident, management, competition, etc. that is causing them problems?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Blue Ridge Arsenal filed Chapter 11 Bankruptcy
Posted by: Too Far Left ()
Date: March 15, 2018 03:13PM

That's the word on FFU

Posted by: Liberalism ()
Date: March 15, 2018 03:27PM

Too much time kissing libturd ass

Posted by: Check Please ()
Date: March 15, 2018 06:17PM

The fudgepacking, anti-American owner donated too much to Obammy and the Hildebeast. Hope it really is bankrupt.

Posted by: Ludwig ()
Date: March 15, 2018 06:33PM

https://www.bizjournals.com/washington/news/2018/02/23/chantilly-gun-range-files-for-chapter-11-after.html

By Rebecca Cooper – Senior Staff Reporter, Washington Business Journal
Feb 23, 2018, 7:33am EST Updated Mar 6, 2018, 9:14am
Chantilly indoor target range and firearms retailer Blue Ridge Arsenal has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, listing assets of less than $500,000 and liabilities of nearly $1.5 million.

The largest of those liabilities relates to a sister property Blue Ridge operated in Ashland, Virginia, outside of Richmond, which closed in August. There’s an $816,800 disputed judgment for the lease guaranty for that location, according to the Chapter 11 petition, which was filed Feb. 9 in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Virginia.

Blue Ridge Arsenal at Winding Brook LLC, which ran the Ashland location, filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy liquidation in September.

Blue Ridge Arsenal CEO Earl Curtis said the Chapter 11 case is “just a reorganization,” and the Chantilly location will not close. He declined to comment further.

Blue Ridge’s recent troubles began in July, when the Ashland location closed abruptly. The landlord there, Winding Brook Range LLC, sued the company for unpaid rent and later reopened the business under its own management, according to a report in Richmond BizSense.

Other liabilities listed on the Chantilly range’s Chapter 11 include $113,668 to Access National Bank, more than $86,000 to several firearms and ammunitions suppliers and about $36,000 to HVAC and air filtration providers. There are also two business loans of $100,000 each, one of which was provided by Sharad Gupta, a principal of Winding Brook Range LLC, according to Virginia incorporation records.

Blue Ridge Arsenal has operated in Chantilly since 1989, and Curtis and his wife, Deborah, bought the business in 2002, according to a Richmond BizSense article about the Ashland location’s opening. Curtis is one of a relatively small number of black gun shop owners, according to website Shoppe Black. The Ashland location was a high-profile addition to the range community when it opened, with 24 lanes and a reportedly $5 million buildout. The spot was also conveniently located next door to outfitter Bass Pro Shops.

TRENDING
COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE
Toll Brothers acquires D.C.'s Sursum Corda community for $60M
A rough illustrative look at what the future may hold for the Sursum Corda Cooperative, as proposed by the co-op owners and the WinnCompanies. Toll Brothers is now its owner.
COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE
Oops! MoCo official lets slip a little info on Md.'s Amazon incentives

HIRING IN BANKING AND FINANCE
DC Community Land Trust - Executive Director
City First Enterprises / Douglass Community Land Trust

A hearing on a motion to continue to pay employees during the Chapter 11 proceedings is scheduled for March 6.

Posted by: Scam Catcher ()
Date: March 15, 2018 07:10PM

How much did that scumbag fucker Curtis give Obammy?

Posted by: used to go there ()
Date: March 15, 2018 07:21PM

People at the counter too snobby or mean when I went there most of the time, never went back there after going to Virginia Arms.

Their range was okay, I actually prefered it to the NRA range because acoustics are better (i.e. it isn't as loud) and it certainly wasn't as crowded.

Posted by: Holy Gunsmoke ()
Date: March 15, 2018 07:33PM

That range in Ashburn quoted in the report above was just built and opened across from the big Bass Pro shop thats along I 95 down there. I was wondering if it ever opened as I saw it from the ground up on trips down that way

Blue ridge was a decent but smoked up place years ago prior to 2000, they had a lot of items and reloading equipment, knives, police supplies, gun supplies, holsters and belts. They went upscale boutique after that which sucked, and the owners politics did not help, its been a long time since I went back

I see HVAC work in the report above

>and about $36,000 to HVAC and air filtration providers

Posted by: Sharp Y ()
Date: March 16, 2018 05:11PM

I stopped going there as soon as I heard the owner was a big obummer donor.

Posted by: R. Byrd ()
Date: March 16, 2018 05:14PM

Curtis running a shooting range is like the KKK operating a soulfood restaurant.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.