HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Which should I buy?
Posted by: car shopper ()
Date: March 08, 2018 09:56AM

I need to pull the trigger in the next week.

Option A- 2014 certified used with a 3 year warranty on top of the factory warranty bumper to bumper. A fully loaded limited v8 edition, just like I want it same color I was thinking of and all. $20k out the door.

Option B- buy the brand new 2018 version- but I only get "mid-level" trim. But it would be my first brand-new car I ever owned. And only a V6. Likely easier on gas and insurance though. And I'd get the new technology like the back up cameras, etc.

Option C- be willing to fly to a different state to get said new car- for $3k cheaper but it may cost up to $1k to make the trip to go get it and delivering the car is about the same so I'd rather still drive it myself home.

Option D- keep paying $300 a month to catch ubers and just STFU.

Let me know oh great(ish) people of FFxU.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Which should I buy?
Posted by: Pertinent info? ()
Date: March 08, 2018 10:21AM

You left off the make, model, mileage for the used car... How do you expect people to help you when you omit this sort of info?

Posted by: Gas Savings ()
Date: March 08, 2018 11:10AM

Buy a Yugo. There are still some around.

Posted by: frugal millionaire ()
Date: March 08, 2018 11:40AM

If this car represents more than 5% of your net worth, option 1 for sure. And cmon... we need to know make/model. Things are very different when you compare a 3 year old S class to a 3 year old Camry.

Posted by: OP is a jackass ()
Date: March 08, 2018 12:02PM

Bc you’re an idiot that left out info needed to be somewhat accurate...lemme help you.
Your best option is “E.”
Now fuck off

Posted by: Jonah Ryan ()
Date: March 08, 2018 12:28PM

Pertinent info? Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You left off the make, model, mileage for the used
> car... How do you expect people to help you when
> you omit this sort of info?

Because the OP is a tard.

Posted by: State Farm is There ()
Date: March 08, 2018 12:48PM

Engine size has nothing to do with insurance premium. Being a 2018, you will be paying top dollar for full coverage. 2014 may be slightly less expensive.

Posted by: Getmoney ()
Date: March 08, 2018 12:49PM

Biggest waste of money ever is a car. Pay as little as possible. Find a reliable used car, have it checked out by a mechanic, pay $5,000 total, save $15,000.

Posted by: reading reader ()
Date: March 08, 2018 01:26PM

I fail to see why we need to know the model of the car with the choices presented. The only thing that would accomplish is new trolling with "that car sucks, you suck, etc".

Option B if you can verify with your insurance company that it will in fact be cheaper to insure, and if Option A's mileage is over 30k miles.

Option A if the older model is less to insure due to depreciation, and personal property tax may be somewhat lower too with Option A so don't forget to factor that. With it being a 2014, how much factory warranty is actually left? Verify 3-year warranty and what it covers.

I wouldn't pick Option C due to hassle concerns. If you get 75% home and discover a problem, it isn't as easy to take up with the dealer as it would be if you were buying closer to home. I don't know if new vehicles still have "break in" periods but that may be a consideration if you plan to go highway speeds.

Option D is fine, no shame in it.

Posted by: Don't buy ()
Date: March 08, 2018 01:33PM

Why would anyone buy a car if they don't have to? They're the worst "investment" you can possibly make. $300/month is probably 1/2 - 1/3 of what you'd pay to maintain car.

Autonomous vehicles will be commercially available as a ride sharing option within five years, making the value of traditional cars plummet.

Posted by: Car Expert ()
Date: March 09, 2018 05:55PM

I like cars

Posted by: AARPer ()
Date: March 09, 2018 06:12PM

This is why you buy a car.
Attachments:
17155850_1296100377133284_4206189664617471476_n.jpg
Dart1.jpg
dodge7.jpg
dodge10.jpg
IMG_0334 (1) - Copy.JPG
dodge25.jpg

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.