HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Boys baseball and Girls softball in Chantilly va (CYA)
Posted by: Christine ()
Date: February 25, 2018 10:30PM

Where can my daughter s play softball in Chantilly. And boys play baseball? Cya is such a boys club. Boys don't go anywhere if your not willing to give 100 hours a week or are best buddies with some one who does.

And softball is a disaster....house can barely field a team. And lace takes anybody..so no real talent. And the tfs team only takes money and gets kids from out of state. They pull favorite to make one team. Cya softball board is sexist running all girls out....

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boys baseball and Girls softball in Chantilly va (CYA)
Posted by: Maggie Mags ()
Date: February 26, 2018 11:00AM

I agree they never have anything on time the guy Dave that does uniforms for softball is a pig...the way he was talking to the one coach was aweful. Tryouts for lace/tfs we're horrid.
We left went to sya...they could not field a team if they wanted. They just move girls around for the tfs..same girls on every team. Sad...bit of helicopter dad's who only care for select few.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: February 26, 2018 12:41PM

My boys left CYA and went to herndon to play due to the fact that the CYA was all about who you knew... Only the boys that they wanted got playing time and got better otherwise crap. No girls so don't know softball.

Posted by: AshleyAshleyAshley ()
Date: February 26, 2018 12:43PM

Softball is done as far as lace-- TFS is the new thing. Too bad they don't use local girls Our high schools will suffer. The present leaders have let the program get run into the grund.

Posted by: MAGA!! ()
Date: February 26, 2018 12:51PM

Walk right up the coach and tell him "You play my fucking boy or I'll Trump punch you!" MAGA!!

Posted by: Christine ()
Date: February 28, 2018 09:13AM

So I am guessing that most normal people don't look at this site...there is no real advice thanks to all. I see CYA is now buying Nova field house...wonder what will happen when the Man world hits the news...bunch of old dad's fighting over little girls...sad

Posted by: Trans ()
Date: February 28, 2018 09:35AM

What do the offer for Trannies?

Posted by: walt ()
Date: March 08, 2018 10:30AM

The 14 lace team is a joke...My daughter tried out and after the first tryout turned and ran. NEVER looked back. If you kid is good go somewhere else. Heard one team folded and the other coach quit in the middle of a tournament. They have a 12 year old playing that they fired her dad and when he was going to take his daughter they kept them both for numbers( her mom is a mouthy bitch tooO) thinks her daughter walks on water since she is 12 playing 14. the rest is just people who's kids are mediorce players. ALL the TFS players made varsity at their schools but Lace player barely made jV. Dave wells is calling chantilly so his kid will make it. The board has run all women off the board so the MEN Have control. I am so glad we went to the Stingray's so much better run. TFS coachs could not make a decision and then pressured lots of of players for decision. We were offered but did not feel right. They look like Natzi's and its weird. Don't play here till they get new Board. This is horrible disorganized mess don't waste your time.

Posted by: Blake ()
Date: March 13, 2018 11:16AM

CYA is a joke...all around go somewhere else unless you want to kiss ass and have no life

Posted by: older SB dad ()
Date: March 13, 2018 02:21PM

My daughters played softball locally for years and my youngest, HS senior, will play college softball next year. CYA was one weakest leagues when my kids were growing up and it sounds like that hasn't changed over the years.

We started with Herndon-Reston house league which was probably only slightly better then CYA then, I don't know how it's doing now. We had a good experience with SYA xplosion when we went to travel although I know the coaches we had moved out of the area. AGSL in Ashburn is the group we found to be the best all around. May not be easy to get to from Chantilly but well worth it. We had mixed results with Vienna Stars but they may be worth checking out or the VGSL/Velocity travel if you're looking for something less demanding in terms of competitiveness and cost.

Posted by: Chandra ()
Date: March 22, 2018 03:16PM

So I signed my son up for baseball and got an email saying that his coach had military duties and needed help. While i applaud the military. why did you sign up to head coach? Not starting off to a good expericenc

Posted by: Daniel ()
Date: March 22, 2018 03:20PM

We left CYA Softball 3 years ago. I came bacck to give TFS a try. that was crazy!
tons of girls trying out NO DECISIONS made til end. NO Offer NO anything NO COMMUNITCATION! So we left. They called us Archer/Brown and wanted my daughter to play. I see they don't have a full team. Use some players to play 12 and14.
some play 14 and 16. trying to make themselves look better than they are. TFS is a joke. only played a few tourneys all year.

Posted by: john P ()
Date: May 02, 2018 02:33PM

Opening day at CYA what a joke... I signed up for house softball for my 10 year old daughter. She has 8 games what is that??? I am exploring travel but the roumours that i see of original softball parents say lace is not great they just want bodies. and the TFS elite team does not have 10 u but told they split cya because the board is a bunc of douchbags!! too bad for the kids of chantilly. Told boys can't make travel baseball unless you fork over buttloads of money or devote your life there. Seems the one guys Wells is everywhrere- he coaches and aa on baseball and 18 u lace. Dude get a life!!!

Posted by: Marie Byrd ()
Date: September 17, 2018 10:50AM

Went to a softball tournament this weekend in leesburg. Lace changed to Shockwave..WORST UNIFORMS EVER.. U CAN'T READ THE NAME IT LOOKS LIKE A BLOB.
AND THE SHIRTS ARE SEE THOUGH WHITE.. what a bunch of idiots...lol

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.