HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
The Washington Post Shopping Guide
Posted by: st139545 ()
Date: December 11, 2009 03:13PM

Has anyone figured out how to unsubscribe or opt out of this hideous publication?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Washington Post Shopping Guide
Posted by: wapo ()
Date: December 11, 2009 03:30PM

Fuck the Washington Post. That piece of shit is so liberal, I cancelled it over a year ago.

Posted by: st139545 ()
Date: December 11, 2009 03:33PM

Yeah, mee too, two years ago. Now I get this massive bundle of crap jammed in my mailbox twice a week. They send it to all non-subscribers, and thus claim they advertise to all of the DC area, whether you subscribe to the Post or not. What a crock

Posted by: HokieGMU ()
Date: December 11, 2009 03:58PM

I love the washington post.

Posted by: Les ()
Date: December 11, 2009 05:41PM

Maybe I should cancel so we can just get the ads.

Posted by: anon ()
Date: April 17, 2010 02:53PM

Posted by: tella ()
Date: April 18, 2010 08:26AM

Sounded interesting in the beginning but is absolutely useless. Wapo make it stop.

Posted by: wtfno ()
Date: April 18, 2010 08:37AM

Thanks for the phone number. This could finally come to an end.

The only time I flip through the Washington Post Shopping Guide is to quickly see if any real mail got stuck inside.

Posted by: mark j ()
Date: April 21, 2010 09:47PM

The Wash Post is a propaganda machine for the Obama commie regime.
I stopped getting it awhile ago...

Posted by: Dan Highsmith ()
Date: May 02, 2010 06:17PM

The WP shopping guide is a terrible waste of paper, I've never seen anyone actually want the thing, it piles up at my condo by the hundreds. I'm trying to stop it being delivered, I'll give the phone number a shot...

As for the Washington Post itself - newspapers are dying, I haven't read it in many years. In fact most "news" is just depressing and often irrelevant to the average citizen, try living without it and you may find yourself much happier!

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: May 02, 2010 07:54PM

At least the Post is better than NYT. There used to be a good paper around here called "The Evening Star", but that's been gone for a while now. It was the big paper back in the 1950's/1960's, and it was in much wider circulation than the Post. We should resurrect it.

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: May 02, 2010 08:54PM

ThePackLeader Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> At least the Post is better than NYT. There used
> to be a good paper around here called "The Evening
> Star", but that's been gone for a while now. It
> was the big paper back in the 1950's/1960's, and
> it was in much wider circulation than the Post. We
> should resurrect it.

Ha ha, I used to deliver the Washington Star in the afternoon in the late 70's when I was a young squirt, now the paper routes are monopolized by immigrantfamilies with mini-vans.

The Post sends a lot of people that shit who don't want it so they can claim high circulation and charge advertisers more. Good luck getting them to stop.

Posted by: fourleaf ()
Date: May 04, 2010 12:21PM

I can't seem to get the actual Washington Post paper from being delivered. I have no problem with the paper itself - but I'm not a subscriber and have never been and I'm sick of dealing with soggy newspapers on my doorstep once or twice a week. I'd called several times and no luck.

Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: May 04, 2010 12:42PM

fourleaf Wrote:
> I can't seem to get the actual Washington Post
> paper from being delivered. I have no problem with
> the paper itself - but I'm not a subscriber and
> have never been and I'm sick of dealing with soggy
> newspapers on my doorstep once or twice a week.
> I'd called several times and no luck.

Just don't pay your next renewal bill. That's what I did.

Posted by: fourleaf ()
Date: May 04, 2010 05:02PM

There is no renewal bill - I've never subscribed or paid anything :) Supposedly it's a "sample" to drum up more subscribers.

Posted by: wtfno ()
Date: May 04, 2010 08:40PM

From here: http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/blogs/citydesk/2008/09/25/if-you-dont-get-it-good/

"Rima Calderon, vice president for communications and external relations at the Post Co., declined to answer most questions about Sirvet and the shopping guide, including basic ones about who gets the guide and how many editions are mailed out each week. Calderon did say, however, that Sirvet is the only opt-out problem the guide’s staff is aware of."

D-bags... the only one? Really?

Apartment mailrooms are probably trashed when this thing is mailed out.

Posted by: WPHater ()
Date: June 17, 2010 04:21PM

Anyone with success unsubscribing? I'm with wtfno.. I only flip through to check if my real mail is stuck in it.

Posted by: ed ()
Date: August 13, 2010 02:10PM

thank you that number worked. they said I would get 1 more week then no more.

Posted by: Washington Star Carrier ()
Date: August 13, 2010 07:02PM

WingNut Wrote:
>
> Ha ha, I used to deliver the Washington Star in
> the afternoon in the late 70's when I was a young
> squirt, now the paper routes are monopolized by
> immigrantfamilies with mini-vans.
>
>

Hey, me too. I still have my bag. Although I used my bike with baskets to deliver.

The route I had was passed down through many neighborhood kids over the years. I gave mine up in the late 70's to the first female carrier in our neighborhood. I think she was the last before it's demise.

I also remember the fun of the day when I was little, was when the driver dropped off the papers in his step van up the street. He would give me and my friend a ride down the street to the corner with the door open and us standing and holding on.

Could you imagine that these days?

Ahh... good times.

Posted by: Troll@AOL ()
Date: August 13, 2010 07:10PM

The Washington Post forgot to add MY SWEATY BALLS to their guide list!

==================================================================================
"Why don't you LOSERS just pack your flower print DOUCHE BAGS
and get your stoopid @$$#$ THE FUCK OFF MY INTERNETZ!"

- 'philscamms' (the YT Watchdog) ; internet & YouTube® extraordinaire.

Posted by: cwheat ()
Date: November 18, 2010 02:38PM

Just called the number given earlier, got me to a voicemail, but instructions are given to have yourself removed from the mailer :)

Posted by: arrrgh! ()
Date: November 18, 2010 03:42PM

Troll@AOL Wrote:
> The Washington Post forgot to add MY SWEATY BALLS
> to their guide list!

haha

Posted by: Anonny ()
Date: April 10, 2011 06:46PM

anon Wrote:
> Try calling
> 202-334-7730
>

That number worked for me! There's a voicemail telling you what info you need to provide to unsubscribe. Thanks!

Posted by: WaPo fan ()
Date: April 18, 2011 10:15PM

The bright side of getting the ads is that it enables some comparison shopping and can be more convenient than Googling b/c you are seeing only what's in local stores.

Regardless, I am so grateful that we DC metro residents still have a large, high-quality independent newspaper. The newspapers in other areas, even many big cities (e.g., the Phila. Inquirer, the San Francisco Chronicle) can't even compare. I'd subscribe for the quality of the op-ed page alone. And I'm independent politically.

Stop complaining about a key source of revenue that supports this newspaper. When and if we lose the function of a watchdog media, we can look forward to increasing corruption in our institutions!

Posted by: Michelle A ()
Date: April 26, 2011 12:24PM

I sent a nasty e-mail to them complaining about why people are randomly signed up for the guide and why it is soo difficult to get off this list and that it is a huge waste of paper and they should really try going GREEN hahah This is what I just got back!!

"Please accept our apology for the inconvenience this has caused you. The Washington Post appreciates the opportunity you have given us to correct the situation. A notification has been escalated to our office to stop the delivery of our Shopping Guides at your residence. Rest assured that this issue will be straightened out.

For other questions regarding the services we provide, you can call our Customer Service Department at 202-334-6100 or 800-477-4679 and a customer service representative will be happy to assist you.

For all other inquiries regarding The Washington Post paper, you may check with http://www.washingtonpost.com/ for the correct department to contact or call 202-334-6000 or 1-800-627-1150 ext. 46000.

Again, we do apologize and thank you from The Washington Post."

Posted by: WilliamRobert ()
Date: April 26, 2011 12:58PM

Everyone should just write "return to sender" and see how they like getting a pile of shit back.

Posted by: Dale Sundstrom ()
Date: September 13, 2011 05:17PM

Thanks to Virgogirl and anon above for the number to call to end delivery of this obnoxious and awkward waste of paper to my mailbox.

The phone call was very quick, and the polite rep let me know that I might receive one more "Washington Post Shopping Guide," but he assured me that after that the deliveries will stop. Hooray!

The number to call is 202-334-7730.

Posted by: Torquemada ()
Date: January 22, 2012 07:38PM

The phone number above is correct.

Interesting how many angry, illiterate people there are, who proudly and inappropriately need to tell us they don't can't read Washington DC's newspaper of record. That fits, and it explains a lot.

Posted by: Stephen ()
Date: February 20, 2012 05:05PM

I sent an email to homedelivery@washpost.com and I received a response from circsales@washpost.com saying they would discontinue delivery. They also suggested I call 1-800-627-1150 ext. 46992 if delivery did not stop. Hope this worked for me, and can help anyone else.
Spread the word!

misrepresenting 52wk.daily & Sun. for one low price
Posted by: Steve Tomkins ()
Date: March 05, 2014 10:47AM

Last June I signed up for daily & Sun. for 52wks. at $43.55 an offer that came in the mail and was not solicitated by myself. I then get a bill for $70 on follow-up notices for which they have no explaination when I inquire. They stop the paper on 3/3/2014 and when I call and ask questions, because I have the paper for a year, they come up with an excuse and say I now owe $25 for the first three months. Do they know what they are doing? They false advertise and then try to do an end run to get more money. I would not get this liberal paper again but will switch to a more balenced paper the Washington Times. At least I know I will be dealing with an honest organization who will not go back on their advertising presentations.

Posted by: Annoyed resident ()
Date: August 03, 2016 07:48AM

Twice a week I get the marketplace junk paper right on my doorstep along with the other 200 apartments where I live I have called them several times and spoke with Adrian, Kathy, and Ms. may see who all reassure me that they would stop it. I I asked for a direct contact to the marketplace manager or supervisor and they refused. It's been six weeks and we are still getting these junkie trashy papers. They stay in the lobby for days because nobody picks them up. It is clear when you enter my apartment complex it says no trespassing or soliciting. I even approached the guy who is dumping this crap and told him he's trespassing he said his boss gives him permission. What the hell is that supposed to mean. Anyway I told him I'm calling the police and he continued to throw papers and every door after he sped away very fast through a parking lot with children

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.