HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
South County track coaches suspended for sexual harassment
Posted by: FCPS Parent ()
Date: February 14, 2018 12:43PM

Does anybody know the story?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: South County track coaches suspended for sexual harassment
Posted by: Kerry ()
Date: February 14, 2018 01:35PM

A few of the freshman girls were complaining about the head coach being too difficult on them

Posted by: higherhigher ()
Date: February 14, 2018 10:32PM

Was NOT sexual harassment but verbal harassment and abusive tendencies such as treating the girls like shit

Posted by: TAX PAYER 1. ()
Date: February 14, 2018 11:01PM

GET USED TO IT BITCHES

Posted by: issues ()
Date: February 15, 2018 01:30PM

I wonder whether the ever increasing phenomena of not recognizing gender differences contributes to situations like this.

I was a top level NCAA Division 1 runner. My roommate and teammate, a very mediocre runner, nevertheless has turned out to be an outstanding coach (I never had any interest in coaching and would not have been very good at it). He is the head women's coach at a major Power 5 NCAA school. In his communications with me, he constantly tells me that he coaches women differently, and that the stuff that often works with immature, disorganized boys - namely really being verbally tough on them and yelling at them, just doesn't work with women and he avoids it like the plague. I know other Division 1 coaches who coach both men and women (former competitors of mine) who say the same thing. If I was an AD in a big competitive suburban school, where you likely have some choice in coaches, a coach's approach towards young women would be the first thing I would inquire about. Of course, one wonders whether this thought could be deemed sexist in today's environment.

Posted by: Bull ()
Date: February 15, 2018 02:18PM

Meanwhile the football coach gets away with illegal camps...the admin blows

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.