HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
BYE BYE, DAVE THOMAS (WAVING)
Posted by: FCPS PARENRS ()
Date: February 02, 2018 07:23PM

Dear Lake Braddock Secondary School Community,

After serving 25 years in FCPS at Lake Braddock Secondary School, with ten of those years serving as the principal, I have decided to retire.

I have spent much of my life connected to Lake Braddock and would not trade the years as a student, teacher, and administrator for anything.

I have been so fortunate to work with wonderful, dedicated colleagues who have inspired me with their passion for educating and mentoring the thousands of students that have come through Lake Braddock during my tenure. I will miss the amazing energy and professionalism that you bring to this school every day.

Finally, it is the impact of the outstanding students at Lake Braddock that I will remember most. Students, you are the heart and soul of why we do what we do every day and I will truly miss you and your families.

Thank you all for an amazing experience and I know that Lake Braddock will continue to set the bar for excellence in FCPS, Virginia and beyond.

Sincerely,

David F. Thomas
Principal
Lake Braddock Secondary School

---------------------

Dear Lake Braddock Secondary School (LBSS) Community:

As Dave Thomas shared this afternoon, he is retiring from LBSS after serving the school system for 25 years. We want to thank him for his dedicated service to LBSS and Fairfax County Public Schools (FCPS).

Please know that the Region 4 Office is committed to keeping a strong administrative team in place to ensure academic success for all of our students. Effective Monday, Dr. John Banbury will be joining the team as interim principal and will remain in this capacity in the coming months.

Dr. Banbury became the executive principal for the Region 1 office in April 2017, after serving as the principal of Oakton High School for thirteen years. In 1993, Banbury began his career in education as a social studies teacher at West Potomac High School. After serving as an assistant principal at W.T. Woodson High School and Frost Middle School, he became the principal of Oakton High School in 2004. Committed to preparing all students for postsecondary success in a rapidly changing world, Dr. Banbury established a culture of innovation through the work of professional learning communities and fostered progressive practices including student exhibitions, presentations of learning, and project-based learning. His work has led the division in establishing best practices for the FCPS Portrait of a Graduate.

Dr. Banbury earned his master’s degree in social studies education in 1993 and his doctorate in curriculum and instruction in 1998, both from The George Washington University (GWU). He teaches courses in education leadership and teacher preparation as an adjunct professor at GWU and George Mason University. He has served in advisory roles for GWU, the Virginia Department of Education, and the Virginia House Committee on Education.

Please join me in welcoming Dr. Banbury to Lake Braddock. My office will work closely with Dr. Banbury and the community to ensure a successful second half of the school year and continued excellence at LBSS.

Sincerely,

Angela Atwater
Assistant Superintendent, Region 4
Fairfax County Public Schools

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: BYE BYE, DAVE THOMAS (WAVING)
Posted by: Single and a frosty ()
Date: February 02, 2018 08:32PM

I thought Dave Thomas from Wendy’s was dead already.

Posted by: I'm back bitches ()
Date: February 02, 2018 08:46PM

Attachments:
happy_dave2.jpg

Posted by: Karma Is A Bitch ()
Date: February 02, 2018 09:48PM

Posted by: Waver ()
Date: July 03, 2018 12:08AM

Waving bye to the interim who made a big mess. Ran out John Banbury right back to Gatehouse.

Posted by: Hot and Juicy ()
Date: July 03, 2018 12:28AM

Attachments:
5cd8fe4d3cd719a0de243a41bef34769.jpg
images (6).jpg

Posted by: Wendy ihoP ()
Date: July 03, 2018 12:37AM

So Lake Braddock is switching from burgers to pancakes, is what I got out of this report.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.